Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 98

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2009 :  22:18:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now if only we can get people back on for the movie!

12 days till HBP!

Deliberatley causing mayhem in Snape's Potions class.
Member of the HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2009 :  18:04:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
10 days till HBP!

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2009 :  18:08:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
9 Days! We're getting close!

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  22:50:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
8 days till HBP!

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  12:40:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
6 days till HBP!

On another note, we saw "Up" last night. Do go see it even if it hasn't grabbed your interest in the previews. I've learned over the years not to doubt the quality of Pixar.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

diricawl
Looney

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2009 :  05:44:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Brits aren't getting it till October. I did have enough faith in Pixar to suggest my grandma go see it though. I have no idea if she did.

Anyone seeing Bruno?

Order of the Bookmark

As to the avatar, well, if you girls can all have Alan Rickman...

"They don't want the Easter Bunny's power; The children in our generation want Harry's power, and they're getting it." - Laura Mallory

Edited by - diricawl on 07/10/2009 05:45:09
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2009 :  21:05:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
5 days till HBP!

Not interested in Bruno. There are better flicks to spend my movie money on.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2009 :  15:52:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I kind of want to see HBP! I've never really been into the films - saw the first three and wasn't keen. Maybe it's because there are no new books to look forward to. I haven't seen GoF or OotP, but it's not like I don't know the plot...

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles
Haggy is (probably not) Cactus!
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2009 :  11:47:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
2 days till HBP!
Did anyone else watch (part) of Goblet of Fire on ABC last night? They were doing their sneak peeks showing. I didn't get to see the whole thing. Daughter had just watched our DVD so wasn't interested in seeing the whole movie again. Ended up watching The Next Food Network Star.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

diricawl
Looney

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2009 :  07:52:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm iffy on the movie. Love Evanna Lynch but don't really see the point of watching a movie I've already seen unedited in my head, particularly since they're not changing the director.

Order of the Bookmark

"They don't want the Easter Bunny's power; The children in our generation want Harry's power, and they're getting it." - Laura Mallory
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2009 :  11:54:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Only 12 hours left till HBP!

One of our cinemas is having their midnight opening outside. Sounds like lots of fun to me. HBP under the stars! Hope it doesn't rain for those attending.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2009 :  18:57:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Siobhan

Only 12 hours left till HBP!

One of our cinemas is having their midnight opening outside. Sounds like lots of fun to me. HBP under the stars! Hope it doesn't rain for those attending.

Alas, I won't be seeing it until this weekend. Consequently, I'll be anxiously awaiting your review.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2009 :  22:29:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I won't be going to any of the midnight showings. It may be a while before I see it. However I know that Eeyore is going to the opening. I've also a friend in Atlanta who is going tonight. I'll see what she says about it.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2009 :  18:03:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yay! California finally has a budget!

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2009 :  20:56:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yea!!!!

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

JKRisSuperior
Mediwizard

USA
694 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2009 :  23:33:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good!
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2009 :  12:08:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sits back in the quiet with a cuppa green tea (I'm big on antioxidants at the moment).

I was looking at the offical WB photos/desktop wallpapers for HBP yesterday. The Snape image was very interesting. I asked Daughter what she thought of the facial expression. She said he looked unhappy and regretful-- but not angry. I'm not sure whether to think she would have seen that without my influence, but see what you think.
http://harrypotter.warnerbros.com/harrypotterandthehalf-bloodprince/#/downloads

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2009 :  12:40:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Siobhan

Sits back in the quiet with a cuppa green tea (I'm big on antioxidants at the moment).

I was looking at the offical WB photos/desktop wallpapers for HBP yesterday. The Snape image was very interesting. I asked Daughter what she thought of the facial expression. She said he looked unhappy and regretful-- but not angry. I'm not sure whether to think she would have seen that without my influence, but see what you think.
http://harrypotter.warnerbros.com/harrypotterandthehalf-bloodprince/#/downloads

He definitely doesn't look angry. I noticed that in the film too because I was watching for his expression as he killed DD. I don't think his look in this picture is regretful - though I have seen posters where he looked undeniably sad. I'd call this well-concealed horror myself, maybe with a little fear mixed in. On the tower, Snape definitely had the look of a man about to do something he dreaded.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"
Go to Top of Page

diricawl
Looney

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2009 :  05:00:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw the movie! (When your ten year old brother tells you to take him, you kinda have to)

I actually quite liked it. The writers are doing a great job of trimming the excess from the novels and presenting a workable story. Michael Gambon played Dumbledore's death very well.

Sorry it's been a while but I've been in Thailand (kinda got dragooned into going and now I'm stuck here, but hey, there are worse places in the world to be stranded).

Order of the Bookmark

Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2009 :  11:51:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Diri, Great to hear from you! Glad to hear you enjoyed the movie. I think now that all the books are written, the movie folks are able to take liberties they might have hesitated to in the past when they didn't know exactly where the story was going. HBP was the strongest movie yet and I have great hope that the two-part DH will be just as good.

So how long are you going to be in Thailand and what are you doing to keep yourself busy?

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2009 :  14:08:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yea!!!! Diri's back-- well sort of
Have a cuppa and tell us a long story.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2009 :  13:06:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, there's a coincidence. I'm just back from Thailand! Whereabouts are you diri? How long are you staying? I was only there for a week and a half, so I just managed to fit in Koh Phi Phi (smelly and generic, but good fun, with amazing coral and tropical fishies to admire), Chiang Mai (utterly fantastic city with so much to see and do - my favourite place in Thailand) and Bangkok (great vibe, cool stuff, would have liked to have spent longer there). I was gone for a month in total so I also saw a bit of Cambodia and northern Vietnam - I particularly loved Cambodia (the sights, the food, the people - all fantastic) and really want to go back there someday. Would also like to go back to Thailand, even just to have the craic with the locals - they're hilarious. Vietnam had some beautiful scenery (Halong Bay in particular was amazing), but I wouldn't rush back. All in all, it was a brilliant holiday.

Spent 27 hours total travelling yesterday and got about three hours sleep, so I'm a wee bit out of sync today, but it's all good. Now I just need to buy a car, move house, and get ready for work next week - no bother!

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles

Edited by - Bee on 08/27/2009 13:16:08
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2009 :  10:50:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bee, you crazy thing you! You're always doing something exciting-- even when it's boring!

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  11:02:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm going to post something boring since I'm the only one here right now.
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah....

In other news, we went to the mountains for the holiday weekend. The trip was fun, once we got there, but ended on a sad note. Had car trouble on the way up, so ended up staying Monday night (hadn't intended to), coming back on Tuesday. Our neighbor was looking after our geriatric dogs for us. He called the cabin Monday evening to tell us that Whidbey had died. We had been expecting it wouldn't be terribly long before this would happen, but it was still tough. Didn't tell Daughter until Tuesday when we got home-- we couldn't face a 4+ hour car trip with her in tears. So I guess you could say that our holiday was like an Oreo made with dirt cookies.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Eeyore
Barmy

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  23:53:39  Show Profile  Send Eeyore a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Aw, that's not the way to end a vacation. I'm so sorry. I was afraid that would happen the time that we went to Guatemala and left Laura in charge of things at home.

We just got back from a two week trip to Tennessee. We were there to celebrate my college roommate's birthday on Sept. 2. So we were also there for Terry's which was on Sept. 1. We took a weekend side trip to Little Rock (just south) to visit one of Terry's college friends. And on the way back to Nashville, where we spent most of our time, we stopped over in Memphis, saw Graceland, took a cruise on a riverboat on the Mississippi, and went to Beale Street.

I really enjoyed all the history in Tennessee. It's unbelievable how much there is within a half hour's drive from Nashville, and we still missed a lot.

It was a good trip, but it's nice to be home. Today was a lazy day for me, catching up on laundry and then we went to dinner with the kids for my birthday. And my internal clock is still on Central Time, so it seems like 11 pm and I keep yawning. Or maybe that was the marguerita I had with dinner.

Eeyore

Order of the Bookmark
Member of HPEW & HPCS appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2009 :  08:21:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad you had a good day! Happy Birthday to you, btw!

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

JKRisSuperior
Mediwizard

USA
694 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2009 :  20:54:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry about your dog, Siobhan.

Eeyore, I've always wanted to go to Graceland. Was it any good?
Go to Top of Page

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2009 :  13:35:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Siobhán, sorry to hear about your dog.

So I've bought a new car, moved house, gone back to work, etc. etc. and now I'm back to the same old routine, with added commuting time. It's worth it though, I love my new place. Most exciting thing in the air at the moment is swine flu - I've successfully dodged it thus far but I'm always catching stuff off the kids I work with so it's probably just a matter of time. Dun dun dunnnn.... And here endeth my news round-up.

Belated happy birthday, Eeyore!

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2009 :  12:45:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Siobhan, I'm sorry about your dog. Losing a pet always hurts, even when you know it's coming.

Happy belated b-day, Eeyore. I'm glad it was a good one.

We've been busy what with getting the two younger kids back to school, servicing my older son's car in preparation for him to head back to college and having our usual Labor Day barbeque.

We also just bought another car, a 2002 Chevy Cavalier, at the big CA State Garage Sale a couple of weeks ago. It runs on both natural gas and regular fuel and I'm looking forward to trying the natural gas. It's supposed to cost about half as much as standard gasoline. I figured I really don't need to be commuting everyday in my van and I REALLY don't want my younger son trying to learn to drive in it (he's on the verge of getting his permit), hense the new little runabout.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"
Go to Top of Page

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2009 :  08:27:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My car's costing me a small fortune in petrol. It's only a little thing with a 1.2 litre engine, but I've driven 2,600 kilometres in it in the three weeks I've owned it. Plus I have to pay 4 euro in road tolls everyday. Commuting is expensive! Totally worth it though. Besides, I'm the only idiot who's commuting out of the city, so at least I never get stuck in traffic.

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 98  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
St Mungo's © 2010 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
HP Galleries Wing at St Mungo's is in no way affiliated with JK Rowling, her publishers, Warner Brothers, any of its partners within the Harry Potter franchise, or any religious or healthcare institution.