20 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2007 :  17:23:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And the people???
Go to Top of Page

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2007 :  19:02:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello folks, just popping in to say Happy Halloween! Hope you have a nice party. I'd join in, but I'm just finished work for the night and I'm in serious need of some sleep. I don't need to celebrate Halloween - the state of my essay is frightening enough for me. Goodnight all!

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles
Haggy is (probably not) Cactus!
Go to Top of Page

Giddy

20 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2007 :  19:08:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Boo!
Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2007 :  23:04:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I feel stupid because I can't figure out how to guest post.

Current location: Laying low at Lupin's
Go to Top of Page

diricawl
Looney

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2007 :  09:46:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Halloween! Sorry I missed the party but I was over on Wikipedia trying to fight off accusations of bias. Man that place is just one big load of fun these days.

Anyway. Gave lots of sweets to the treaters (busiest Halloween ever this night! It's really catching on in the UK) and watched the first few minutes of a very very bad Stephen King movie (Sleepwalkers).

Order of the Bookmark

As to the avatar, well, if you girls can all have Alan Rickman...

"They don't want the Easter Bunny's power; The children in our generation want Harry's power, and they're getting it." - Laura Mallory
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2007 :  10:57:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The party never even got off the ground. Probably not enough people interested anymore.

We'll give it a little time. If no one jumps in, then I'll close the gap in the hedge.
If anyone needs help with disguised posting, let me know. I'll PM an answer.

Oh how I wish I had saved all those pages of village life from the Yo-Yo's. We had great parties over there.

Deliberatley causing mayhem in Snape's Potions class.
Member of the HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2007 :  11:07:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, pooooo. I guess I'll close the gap in the hedge this morning.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

diricawl
Looney

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2007 :  11:36:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry Siobhan. I guess there's just not enough of us left now that the books are over to have the kind of fun we used to. Still, I don't intend to lose you guys. I'll be posting in as often as I can come up with something to say.

Order of the Bookmark

"They don't want the Easter Bunny's power; The children in our generation want Harry's power, and they're getting it." - Laura Mallory
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2007 :  22:30:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry - real Halloween was too busy for me to get online!

I love the Halloween party but it's not quite as easy here since you can't really disguise yourself on this board as well as on the old Yo-Yo.

And I love you, I love you, I love you.
Like never before, like never before.

Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2007 :  11:14:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't trust as easily either now that we've been discovered by the spambots and spammers. We had such nice annonymity for a while.

Guys, just a note so you don't think I've fallen off the face of the earth (or abandoned the site), that I'll be leaving for WA on the 13th for nine days. Mum has to go in for surgery on the 9th, and will be in hospital for at least 5 days. I'm trying to be there when she gets home to ease things a little. All this means that I will probably be a little sporadic in my attendance here over the next couple weeks or so. I'll check in when I can, but can't say it will be daily (as it is now).

Eeyore, looks like its my turn. We won't know what's what till Friday. I'll keep everyone posted.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  11:14:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope your mother recovers well from her surgery, Siobhan.

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles
Haggy is (probably not) Cactus!
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  11:51:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Bee. She's got "orientation" at the hospital today.

The hardest part is keeping it quiet. We haven't told Daughter anything about it yet, and won't till there's more to tell. She'll be a mess over my going out there alone as it is.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

sunsethill
Confunded

USA
653 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  15:32:00  Show Profile  Visit sunsethill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's so hard waiting to find out exactly what is going on, but I'm sure that you just being there will make things easier for your mom. It's amazing all the little things that need to be done during a time when so much major is going on.

Order of the Bookmark
Member HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e qua non
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2007 :  21:56:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, that's just it. We won't really know until after the surgery what we're dealing with. At first they thought it was diverticulitus, but the CAT scan showed something much more unnerving-- a tumor the size of a baseball. So now they are definitely operating on that Friday. The colonoscopy on Thursday is simply to see (if they can get the scope past the tumor) what the other issue is. Mum will be recovering, if all goes well, by the time I get there. At least Daddy can hang in there that long. I figured I could be of most assistance when they release her-- she won't worry about all the little stuff that she can't do (because she'll have someone to do it).

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2007 :  01:36:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Luck to your mom, Siobhan! I'm sorry you're not visiting the beautiful Pacific NW for a happier reason.

Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2007 :  10:38:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, me too. I return to Charleston on Thanksgiving Day, too. At least I'll have a couple of days to recover and unpack.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

sunsethill
Confunded

USA
653 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2007 :  12:48:32  Show Profile  Visit sunsethill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I tumor that size must have been making your mother terribly uncomfortable. I hope that when it is removed it proves to be benign. And at least you should be able to appreciate the rain in the Northwest if Charleston has been as dry as Georgia is right now, Siobhan.

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e qua non
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2007 :  15:05:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm going up to Yosemite Friday - looks like a forecast for light snow and then sunny skies. I want RAIN! RAIN! RAIN! The wet stuff. Haven't seen water falling from the sky for so long I feel like a dust bowl resident.

If there's rain in the NW would you please ask it to come visit us in the South, Siobhan?

Edited by - AMC on 11/07/2007 15:05:31
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2007 :  15:27:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Best of luck to your mother, Siobhan! Take care of yourself too. (hugs)
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2007 :  10:06:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Pesky.

I'll do my best about the rain, AMC. We need rain in the Southeast, too. You've probably heard that Atlanta is desperate for water (as in running out this winter). We certainly could use rain in Charleston.

It has finally become cool enough for the birch leaves to start turning. I was beginning to wonder if we were going to have a leafy Christmas. Haven't had the migratory birds as usual, either.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2007 :  00:57:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck with everything, Siobhan.

We had snow the other day! It was just flurries.

My sciatic nerve is pinched again. It hasn't acted up for a year or two and this week it started again. At first I thought it was just aches and pains from the weather change. We had 70 degree days and then the next day it went into the 20s and 30s. But then I got to thinking I'm too young to have these aches and realized it's my sciatic nerve again. I think I have something out of wack in my back. I need to get adjusted. I've got a pain from my lower back to my thigh. Same as before. If someone looked into my kichen tonight they'd have thought I was nuts from all the stretching and massaging I was doing. I hope it goes away soon.

Current location: Laying low at Lupin's
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2007 :  10:14:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ouch, Jo! I know what that feels like. When I was pregnant I had trouble with my sciatic-- NOT fun. At least it stopped after having Daughter. I do all kinds of torturous exercise now and haven't had any trouble.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2007 :  11:04:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you thought of icing your back, Jo? It's actually a spine condition - I used to get sciatica (runs in the family) and I'd ice to calm it down. Icing hurts - but hurts less than the sciatica does and it's short-term.

I'm going to be gone for a bit - see you all when I emerge from the wilderness!

Go to Top of Page

sunsethill
Confunded

USA
653 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2007 :  11:49:52  Show Profile  Visit sunsethill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Siobhan
I'll do my best about the rain, AMC. We need rain in the Southeast, too. You've probably heard that Atlanta is desperate for water (as in running out this winter). We certainly could use rain in Charleston.

It has finally become cool enough for the birch leaves to start turning. I was beginning to wonder if we were going to have a leafy Christmas. Haven't had the migratory birds as usual, either.

I live about an hour northeast of Atlanta, and it is really scary to see how low all the reservoirs are around here--and it's been another two weeks without a drop of rain. None on the forecast for a while. I'm glad we live out in the country on a well. We are still being careful, but one city in north Georgia is only turning on the water for about three hours a day for their residents.

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e qua non
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2007 :  00:06:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good News Everyone! I just heard Mum's tumour was benign-- NOT cancer!

The colonoscopy didn't show any diverticulitus, either. She had surgery this afternoon and is recovering well. The doctor is pleased with her progress so far. My Daddy sounds very tired, though. After the week they've had, it's no wonder.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

diricawl
Looney

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2007 :  03:24:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yaay! That's so great! How is she feeling? Maybe you should treat your parents to a night out.

Order of the Bookmark

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2007 :  07:00:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's great news Siobhan! I'm so glad for your family! Hopefully you can enjoy your trip out west a little more with that weight off your minds.
Go to Top of Page

JKRisSuperior
Mediwizard

USA
694 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2007 :  11:32:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great news, Siobhan!
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2007 :  10:46:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Urgh. I hate traveling. I'd forgotten about the liquids rule and had to look up the carry on restrictions again. Why does traveling have to be such a hassle? I have an hour flight to Atlanta-- not bad. The flight to Seattle is 5+. Sometimes I think spending the time in a state of hibernation would be preferable. It'll probably come to that eventually.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 98  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
St Mungo's © 2010 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
HP Galleries Wing at St Mungo's is in no way affiliated with JK Rowling, her publishers, Warner Brothers, any of its partners within the Harry Potter franchise, or any religious or healthcare institution.