Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 98

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2007 :  16:36:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm taking Clarityn. It doesn't seem to be working very well. I've got a rash on my legs and my feet are swollen and very itchy. It's pretty uncomfortable. My back's a bit itchy too but I haven't checked it for a rash yet. I'm trying not to think about it so I can focus on my work. I'm finding eating a lot of biscuits helpful, but that's probably psychosomatic.

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles
Haggy is (probably not) Cactus!
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2007 :  18:30:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Claritin usually takes a little longer to work for me. It's great for seasonal allergies when I expect to be on an antihistamine for an extended period. Benadryl is my choice for instant relief. Should the irritation not stop, at least I can sleep through the incident.

Deliberatley causing mayhem in Snape's Potions class.
Member of the HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Unicorn8
Barmy

Germany
319 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2007 :  13:35:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to go on a business trip again. I'll be away for the whole next week. This year I have to travel a lot more than last year. On the one hand it's very intersting to travel and see other countries, but on the other hand it is quite stressful.

Order of the Bookmark
Proud Member of S.I.N.E.

"Always"

WWLLD
Go to Top of Page

gimu
Addled

Ireland
209 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2007 :  18:25:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope you are feeling better now Bee. I had an allergic reaction once - all of my joints swelled up and I couldn't feel my hands or feet. It was just after I ate a tracker bar so the doctor told me not to eat peanuts again. I don't know if I am actually allergic to peanuts - in fact I htink I'm not, but somehow now I just couldn't bear to eat one - the smell of them makes me feel ill - I think it must be a psychological thingymajigy whateveritscalled.
I agree with Siobhan - take the antihistamines that make you sleepy - then at least you can get to sleep and sometimes in the morning everything is better again.

I'm visiting my parents at the moment and there are 4 new puppies. SO cute. I wonder would Lucky like a friend (I think I that idea will go down like a lead balloon when I speak to my other half!)
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2007 :  17:59:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here I was thinking that this week would be a little less nerve wracking. No such luck. The tournament may be over (the tai chi demo went very well), but my heel still hurts. I ended damaged my plantar fascia when we went NC. I have to spend less time on my feet till it heals.

I'm also trying to get some meals put together to freeze and finish my Halloween decorating. Thank goodness I can use "atmosphere" as an excuse not to do any proper cleaning.

We have a birthday dinner to go to this weekend. We're planning a tai chi party for the following weekend. Then the fair starts.
Of course we have all our regular activities to take care of too.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2007 :  10:43:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmmm. I seem to be all alone again.

I was going to suggest a Halloween party, but perhaps I'll make it a personal celebration. Let's see, I'll need strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, chocolate fondue, pumpkin pasties, sherry....

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

diricawl
Looney

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2007 :  11:56:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll join you if no one else is around.

I'd like a pumpkin pasty...

I know things are a bit desolate right now. The problem is that the fewer people post, the fewer people have anything to respond to, so fewer people post. Maybe if we can encourage everyone to start posting again, then we can rekindle the fire.

Order of the Bookmark

As to the avatar, well, if you girls can all have Alan Rickman...

"They don't want the Easter Bunny's power; The children in our generation want Harry's power, and they're getting it." - Laura Mallory
Go to Top of Page

gimu
Addled

Ireland
209 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2007 :  13:48:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know, sometimes there just isn't much to reply to...
I'm so glad it's the weekend. I have worked really hard this week, but I know some people still won't be happy with what I've done.
I will bring a big halloween cake (I am going to make one - still haven't uploaded my cake photos) and some big orange halloween balloons with rice in them - you know the ones you have an elastic band on and bounce them off your hand... oh what fun!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2007 :  20:29:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry I don't post more. I do stop by and read regularly, but most of the conversation has been about disappointment in DH, which I understand but don't really have anything to add to. I'm oddly at peace with the last book - not thrilled by any means -- but accepting enough that JKR accomplished what she intended. That, and life has been unusually busy the past few months. Fortunately, things seem to be getting back to normal now. *whew*

But bouncy balloons sound fun! And spiked cider. Nice, warm, spiked cider. I also have a great recipe for fizzy punch which my daughter nicknamed "dragon bogies." (That can be spiked too, if necessary).

*spikes punch then sets it on fire*

Voila, Flaming Dragon Bogies! Hagrid would love it. But then that might not be what diri meant by "rekindle the fire."

Edited by - n/a on 10/19/2007 20:40:00
Go to Top of Page

JKRisSuperior
Mediwizard

USA
694 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2007 :  23:05:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd love to have a Halloween party! I already know what I want to be.
Go to Top of Page

Unicorn8
Barmy

Germany
319 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2007 :  10:53:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am back from my business trip. I am still a bit tired because of the jet lag, but Costa Rica is such a cool and interesting country. BVut if you have a choice, do not go there in October since it is raining every day.

I'd also love to have a Halloween Party. I just have to think about what I want to be.

Are you feeling better, Bee?

Order of the Bookmark
Proud Member of S.I.N.E.

"Always"

WWLLD
Go to Top of Page

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2007 :  17:20:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh much better thanks! The antihistamines worked eventually and I'm fine again. Just a bit grumpy today because I'm missing two parties thanks to all the work I have to do this weekend. Have I mentioned how much I hate college?

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles
Go to Top of Page

diricawl
Looney

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2007 :  07:25:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
An old friend of mine just died

Funny thing; I hadn't heard from the guy in 17 years and then I read about his death in a magazine obituary. I feel bad. His daughter was my preschool crush. She must be feeling awful right now, but I don't know how to contact her.

Hrumph. Turns out my mom knew about this five days ago but didn't tell me because she didn't want me to be sad. So I find out about it from a magazine.

Sometimes mothers just don't get it.

Order of the Bookmark

"They don't want the Easter Bunny's power; The children in our generation want Harry's power, and they're getting it." - Laura Mallory

Edited by - diricawl on 10/21/2007 11:34:49
Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2007 :  12:37:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry about your loss, Diri.

My nose is stuffy today. Not good.

This fall is beautiful. The weather has been in the 60s, the leaves are absolutely beautiful for the first time in years, and everyone is in a festive mood. I need a costume for the preschool. I could go as Hermione. I have everything to make the outfit, but the younguns aren't familiar with Harry Potter. I need something easy to make because I'm not shelling out a fortune for a few hours with a group of four year olds.

I am in a Christmas mood. I hate it because I usually boycott Christmas until the second week of December, but for some reason I'm thinking of it. I think it's because all the stores have had Christmas stuff out since September. Pretty soon they're just going to leave the stuff up year round.

Current location: Laying low at Lupin's
Go to Top of Page

JKRisSuperior
Mediwizard

USA
694 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2007 :  21:57:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear about the death of your friend, Diri.
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2007 :  22:04:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where exactly does one evacuate half a million people to? In California??? Horrible fires.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

JKRisSuperior
Mediwizard

USA
694 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2007 :  23:24:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope Theowyn and AMC are ok. AMC has been absent for ages.
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2007 :  10:18:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Theo is in Northern CA, closer to San Francisco, I think. AMC is closer to the action though, if I remember correctly.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2007 :  14:33:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Allergies are back. And I still have no idea what's causing them.

Itchyyyyyyyyyyyyy skiiiiiiiiiiiin.

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles
Go to Top of Page

diricawl
Looney

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2007 :  14:55:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's a million now

Theo should be fine; she lives in the north. Not sure about AMC; I think she's right in the firing line. She's south of my Mom, and my mom's in Santa Barbara.

Order of the Bookmark

Edited by - diricawl on 10/24/2007 14:56:22
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2007 :  15:37:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys, just stopping in to say, yes, we're fine here in the north, but I am worried about AMC. It's unreal how bad things are down south. I can't even imagine trying to evacuate 1 million people from that area. And even for those who aren't directly affected by the fires, things are bad. There have been power-outages and yesterday, everyone was told to stay home and off the freeways to allow evacuees and emergency personnel to get through. I hope the firefighters start to get a handle on the blazes soon, but it really all depends on the weather and winds. This could get a lot worse before it gets better.

And Diri, my condolences on the loss of your friend.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"

Edited by - Theowyn on 10/24/2007 15:38:31
Go to Top of Page

diricawl
Looney

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2007 :  15:48:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been trying to call my Mom all night, but the phones don't seem to be working. Still, my stepfather assures me that Santa Barbara isn't near the fires.

Thanks for the condolences guys. I'll always remember him; he was a major part of my childhood, even though I haven't seen him since I was seven. I really want to get back in touch with his daughter, so I'm looking into tracking her down.

Order of the Bookmark

Go to Top of Page

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2007 :  17:38:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear about your friend, diri. Hope you manage to track his daughter down. *hugs*

I haven't seen the news lately - those fires sound horrific. Hope AMC is okay.

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2007 :  18:55:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just sent her an email to tell her we were concerned. If she can, I'm sure she'll let us know her situation.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2007 :  12:35:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
AMC, I hope you're OK wherever you are!
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2007 :  12:54:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heard from AMC this morning. She's OK!

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

diricawl
Looney

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2007 :  13:42:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yaay! Hope she comes over and tells us all about it.

Order of the Bookmark

Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2007 :  22:28:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay! I'm a LOSER, already!!!! Yes, I've been MIA and I have no excuse - it's just been a busy time and once you get out of the habit of checking every 25 seconds or so.. well, you start to actually do work and you know, that can get to be a BAD habit.

The wildfires were and are dreadful calamities but happily, none were near me. Some very sweet people I know in San Diego have lost their house and two long lifetimes' worth of posessions and momentos - happily, they are okay... and insured. I know there are countless other people in the same situation or worse. It's just AWFUL. Even thought there were no fires anyway near me the air quality was so bad here all of the schools had to go to indoors-only policy. We haven't had a county-wide stage 4 alert since I can remember... and I've been here 22 years.

Anywa, we've been praying for rain to no avail but at least those devil Santa Anas died down and let the firefighters do their jobs. They are so heroic, they fight so hard to save people and property and then when budget season comes they get screwed yet again. It's got to get old.

SO - that's all for now but I promise I'll be here every day and check in - I don't want to get out of shape again.

And I love you, I love you, I love you.
Like never before, like never before.

Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2007 :  11:36:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's Halloween!

*dons singing voice and channels Tim Curry from The Worst Witch*

Anything can happen on Halloween
Your dog could turn into a cat
There maybe a toad in your bass guitar
Or your sister could turn into a bat

Christmas time brings the snow
Summer time brings the sun
But on Halloween your blood begins to run
Something spooky

Here's the link for those who would prefer Tim Curry http://www.rockymusic.org/showvideo/a514e707aa68265788634494cd24cd12.php

On a non-Halloween note, I have an interview tomorrow for a job I don't want. It's a job dealing with town council and I only applied because it's only a few hours a month and someone in my family wanted me to apply (they work there, too). There are only two other job candidates and they live 30 minutes away. Of course, I don't care one way or the other if I get it or not. I would have never applied in the first place if it wasn't for family. Dealing with small town government isn't something I really want to do with my spare time. I actually sounded a little bit of a smart ass when the guy called, but I didn't mean too. It's one of those comments that you say innocently, but sound smart aleck. We'll see what happens. I'm pretty ambivalent about it so I don't care one way or the other.

Current location: Laying low at Lupin's

Edited by - Jokelly on 10/31/2007 11:37:18
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2007 :  17:20:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I'm just about ready for some firewhiskey and chocolate!

If you want to come to the party incognito, look for my post here:
10/27/2006 at 9:16:22 on p. 21.

I will turn off this login if there are any problems (like unruly gatecrashers).

Let the party begin!!!!

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 98  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
St Mungo's © 2010 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
HP Galleries Wing at St Mungo's is in no way affiliated with JK Rowling, her publishers, Warner Brothers, any of its partners within the Harry Potter franchise, or any religious or healthcare institution.