Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 98

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2007 :  12:57:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They haven't reported any suspicion of arson. The store did some sort of furniture refinishing in the back area, so there were chemicals on site. Information on the fire has dried up. Most of what is reported now is in regards to memorial services and support funds, etc.

Deliberatley causing mayhem in Snape's Potions class.
Member of the HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2007 :  19:39:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On another note, has anyone here ever gone to a beach wedding (the ceremony held ocean-side)? We've been invited to a friend's wedding in July and have only a vague idea of what is appropriate to wear. It is a second wedding for both bride and groom and will be held at 7pm. I'm thinking a nice "date night" outfit would do-- with flat shoes I can take off, though. Yuk, sand in the shoes. Can you tell I'm not much of a beach person?

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2007 :  20:18:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is the ceremony actually in the sand? I'd wear dressy sandles or flats that you can shake out the sand.

I was just reading an article about fertility. The tone was that you should have your kids when you're in your early twenties and about how fertility starts to decline in your mid-twenties. After age 30, there is only a 5% chance of conceiving in any given month. Kind of scary. You spend part of your life desperately trying not to get pregnant and then the next years trying desperately to get pregnant. Life is never easy. There is always adoption, although sometimes that's much harder.

I'm taking the predition quiz at Leaky and losing interest. It's soooo long. I've come back twice to it and still only half-way through it.

Current location: Laying low at Lupin's

Edited by - Jokelly on 06/21/2007 20:48:35
Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2007 :  11:59:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am becoming more stupid as I age. I got my WOMBATs results. The first time I got an Outstanding, second an Exceeds Expectations, now I just got an Acceptable. Evidently my grades are on a fast downturn.

Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2007 :  13:59:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't take the second set, so I didn't take the third either. Just didn't have the time or the interest, really. I wish she'd just give us some more information rather than have to test for it. It's almost as annoying as playing those silly games on the SS DVD to get the special features. They may be fun the first time, but the novelty wears off.

Yes, Jo, the ceremony is on the beach and I think that means the sand. I can't imagine a platform going up for just a few minutes. Fully expect to have to stand in the evening sunlight and sand.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Starling
Confunded

United Kingdom
701 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2007 :  10:17:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love the WOMBATS, I love having to dig that little bit deeper into the books. But that's why I work for the Lexicon, I suppose. And I got my Outstanding without help from the Lexicon evaluation! And I won't admit that Lexicon_Bel managed to get an Outstanding by only answering b's! Okay, so I just did.

I wuv multicoloured werewolf puppies.
"When Mister Safety Catch Is Not On, Mister Crossbow Is Not Your Friend."
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2007 :  11:44:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OMG - there's a new WOMBAT???? Damn!

And I love you, I love you, I love you.
Like never before, like never before.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2007 :  15:29:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was only up a few days. Blink and you missed it. I think they're all in good fun ... I got another O and Slushy got an A. Not sure why the difference; She's pretty smart and I felt like I was guessing most of the time. I just went with the answers that "felt" best and didn't think too much about it. Maybe I answered a lot of b's! That's it ... the second answer always feels best.
Go to Top of Page

Slushy
Giddy

37 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2007 :  10:12:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got an A because Grandma Pesky was distracting me...

Proud House-elf of S.I.N.U.S.
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2007 :  12:32:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I'm PEEVED that I missed it.

Go to Top of Page

dobbygirl
Barmy

USA
300 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2007 :  19:10:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you believe I've been up for 25 hours? I just couldn't sleep today (and not for lack of trying). I had to call in sick to work tonight cause I know I'm going eventually pass out around midnight. Oh well, at least I gave the puppies haircuts. Pippin has a slight bald spot on his right side by his neck...he really needs to learn to hold still.

Proud member of SINUS

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2007 :  12:28:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I'm off. Or I will be tomorrow. I haven't even started packing yet. I'm currently suffering a brutal hangover that shows no sign of easing, so I'll probably end up forgetting half my stuff and accidently packing my winter coat or something.

I'll probably pop back in to say hello sometimes, and of course to squee over DH. In the meantime, enjoy the build-up!

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles
Haggy is (probably not) Cactus!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2007 :  12:41:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have a safe trip, Bee! And lots of fun in New York!
Go to Top of Page

diricawl
Looney

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2007 :  13:12:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eat lots of giant pretzels!

And bagels!

And pastrami sandwiches!

Order of the Bookmark

As to the avatar, well, if you girls can all have Alan Rickman...

"They don't want the Easter Bunny's power; The children in our generation want Harry's power, and they're getting it." - Laura Mallory

Edited by - diricawl on 07/02/2007 13:14:03
Go to Top of Page

JKRisSuperior
Mediwizard

USA
694 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2007 :  15:04:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have a safe trip, Bee! Hope you enjoy New York and all it has to offer, including food. See you when DH comes out.
Go to Top of Page

Starling
Confunded

United Kingdom
701 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2007 :  16:26:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And there was me thinking that giant pretzels were a German thing ...

Have a good trip, Bee!

Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2007 :  18:31:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Starling, you should come to PA. Pennsylvanians eat more pretzels, soft and hard, yearly than any other state in the Union. I remember hearing somewhere between 10-15 times more. Of course, the fact that there is usually a pretzel factory within 20 miles of your house anywhere in the state helps with keeping us eating them. I like my soft pretzels either with just salt or dipped in cinnamon and sugar. Ooh, cheese is also good. No mustard though.

Bee, hope you have a great time. Remember, Americans are nothing like what's on Jerry Springer or Maury (unless you go to West Virginia ).

Go to Top of Page

Starling
Confunded

United Kingdom
701 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  17:31:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I looooooooove pretzels. There used to be a shop that sold them in Manchester, but they've gone. I should learn how to make them myself.

Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2007 :  17:53:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will have to say - I lived in PA for 3 years (maybe the wrong part) and although I had excellent pretzels there the best pretzels I've ever had were in Germany - in a Biergarten in Munich. Of course, it could just have been the beer.

Go to Top of Page

dobbygirl
Barmy

USA
300 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  06:50:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
AMC, almost everything tastes better when you're away from home. Alcohol helps too.

Kudos to Mad-Eye for getting us up and running again so soon! I must say, I was a little worried when I tried to come here yesterday and I got an error message. I was having old HPG flashbacks. *shudders* I don't know what I'd do if I had to go without this place for any length of time (especially right now).

Proud member of SINUS

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page

Starling
Confunded

United Kingdom
701 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  09:04:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
AMC, almost everything tastes better when you're away from home.

Except when you go to Britain, then you suddenly realise everything tastes better at home!

Go to Top of Page

Myf
Confunded

571 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  19:08:04  Show Profile  Visit Myf's Homepage  Click to see Myf's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone! I am back from a week of driving around South Australia visiting wineries. What a fun way to spend a week! By my reckoning I tasted around a hundred wines, and bought a few too.

Now it's back to real life - a cold, a crying baby in the house, and plenty of homework to stress about.

The Boy and I listened to half of OotP during our week away - no mean feat, considering that's over twelve hours of listening! (We had plenty of driving to do.) He is so hooked on the whole thing, he's even having HP dreams. *snort*

If you're looking for trouble you found it.
Professor Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  19:12:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Siobhan - the new background is GORGEOUS! It's perfect for our Book 7 party.

Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  19:35:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Myf, isn't it great to convert people to HP.

My niece plays softball and one of her teammates told the coach she can't go to camp on the 21st because she'll be reading Harry Potter. I was talking about the book and I was shocked that my niece actually knew the release date. I got sort of excited, thinking she'd read it, but it was only because of her teammate. I don't understand my niece. She's an avid reader, 12 years old, her friends read HP, but she's just not into it. Boggles my mind.

I was so excited the other day. I found Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers! They don't sell them around my house but I was out shopping and had to run into the supermarket where I was at and found them. I was surprised because according to the Nabisco site the only place that sold them was down near the city. But there they were on the top shelf. I bought three packs. I'm going to make icebox cake with them this weekend. I've made it with the Oreos and it worked out great, but I'd like to use the wafers at least once.

Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  20:17:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AMC

Siobhan - the new background is GORGEOUS! It's perfect for our Book 7 party.
Glad you like it. I had it set in a deep blue when all we had was the title. Then the cover art came out. I decided I had better attempt to coordinate with both cover colour schemes (what with all the alchemy discussion going on). Personally, I like the blue better, but this will do. Perhaps I'll go with a sequence of house colours for non holiday months.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  20:41:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love the red background and gold banners! It goes perfectly with Godric Gryffindor being the Wizard of the Month too. Well done!
Go to Top of Page

JKRisSuperior
Mediwizard

USA
694 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  22:45:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a very pretty background, Siobhan!
Go to Top of Page

dobbygirl
Barmy

USA
300 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  09:30:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Holy thunderstorms Batman! We got dumped on! My county was under a severe thunderstorm warning all day yesterday and a flash flood watch most of the day. I had to take a winding way home from Wal-Mart cause most corners were flooded. One of the main intersections in town was completely flooded out. They had police cars blocking it off.

Did anyone else catch the HP special on A&E last night? Wow, I am so jazzed for OotP movie now. I can't wait to see it! I don't care if I have to work on the night I go...

Proud member of SINUS

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  10:27:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Missed it. I'll have to look it up to see when it will be shown again. I know they did a Biography on Jo a while back.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  13:53:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I caught the A&E special. The movie looks AWESOME! I swear I'm going to like it better than the book!

Btw, can someone tell me if AMC's "Major Spoiler" thread on the restricted board really is major? I haven't read it, but since a lot of folks obviously have, I'd like to know if it's safe for me to peek at it.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 98  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
St Mungo's © 2010 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
HP Galleries Wing at St Mungo's is in no way affiliated with JK Rowling, her publishers, Warner Brothers, any of its partners within the Harry Potter franchise, or any religious or healthcare institution.