Page: of 98

diricawl
Looney

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2006 :  18:50:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Um, why?

Order of the Bookmark

As to the avatar, well, if you girls can all have Alan Rickman...

"They don't want the Easter Bunny's power; The children in our generation want Harry's power, and they're getting it." - Laura Mallory
Go to Top of Page

JKRisSuperior
Mediwizard

USA
694 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2006 :  22:39:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jinxing toilets?
Go to Top of Page

Myf
Confunded

571 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  02:19:49  Show Profile  Visit Myf's Homepage  Click to see Myf's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I was doing a court assessment, and the little room we were in niftily locked itself from the outside. It was great.

If you're looking for trouble you found it.
Professor Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  13:12:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My friend works in a room like that with someone with severe challenging behaviours. He's 18 stone, she would almost rival KK. He put his last tutor in hospital. I worry sometimes. She does have a card that she can use to open the door with though.

My exam is oooooooooover. It was my only one, so now I have one assignment to do and then I'm free for two months. Hurrah!

Off to the cinema this evening to see The Wind That Shakes The Barley, then off to visit friends for the weekend.

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles
Haggy is (probably not) Cactus!
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  13:17:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I Hate you. Well I don't really.. yes I do. I'm conflicted.

2 months off? Those were the days... sigh.

And I love you, I love you, I love you.
Like never before, like never before.

Go to Top of Page

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  17:54:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww, don't hate me! At least you're earning a wage. I hate being in college, and I really hate the thought of sitting on my arse for two months (I'll look for work, but I'm terribly hopeful of finding it) but shur I suppose I'll be working long enough. Doesn't stop me wishing I was finished though, no matter how much I'll probably look back and think that these were the days.

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  18:21:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Sit on your ass while you still can! Or rather - go visit friends for the weekend (or week), travel to foreign lands, spend time at the beach and read magazines. You've got the rest of your frigging life to work.

I like working. I like my job, I like making money and I like all the stuff that comes with it. But it gets mighty old. The best thing would be working 9-10 months a year and taking summers off. Of course, that's the U.S. perspective - Here in general people get very little vacation compared to Europeans. Now I take "lots" of time off because I'm hourly and I can but 2 months.. wow. that just sounds like heaven.

Go to Top of Page

Myf
Confunded

571 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  19:16:45  Show Profile  Visit Myf's Homepage  Click to see Myf's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
But AMC, you need to work to be able to travel to foreign lands! I am in the worst of situations - at uni, so I have no money, but also no time off. I have some frequent flyer points which would probably get me to Vietnam, and everyone says 'Go! It's so cheap!' but when you have no money then $5 per night for a hotel is out of my price range.

I think the prospect of 2 months off when you have no money doesn't sound that great.

Go to Top of Page

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  19:24:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What Myf said.

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2006 :  01:35:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey - I been dere. It's still better to be poor and free, if you know it won't last forever.. and it won't. But then again, I'm a champ at both wasting time and travelling cheap. Free time for me is like candy - except I have candy more often.

Go to Top of Page

gimu
Addled

Ireland
209 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2006 :  04:40:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi everyone - I just found this place. Wow - well done to all involved.
Now where is the coffee and biscuits or am I being un-pc asking for coffee in a teashop? WHERE IS THE CHOCOLATE? - A MUCH MORE RELEVANT QUESTION!!!
I had been checking for the other site every so often, and then I remembered about the adriana proboards site and so I went there and eventually found where I had to go to find you people.
Bee - come here and I'll take you out for real tea :o) - well you have 2 months and I will be lonely for a lot of that time (my other half is going to St Louis for almost 2 months at the end of July :o( )
plus we just bought our house and i have to do the moving while he is away - I think it will be worse than I imagine it to be!! So I'm not sure how tempting that invitation is. will pm you.
Any firewhisky in that coffee - and a spoonful of honey and some cream for the top.
Anyway - cheers everyone - hope you are all well. Going to enjoy my coffee and go browsing for a bit...
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2006 :  13:03:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Gimu - I was wondering where you were? And how about Strawberry, are you in touch?

*Conjures up coffee, tea, scones, sugar-buns, tea biscuits and chocolate*

There! Happy? It's completely like home here.

Go to Top of Page

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2006 :  13:17:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey gimu, glad you finally found us! Congrats on the new house, hope you're settling in well. I'm more than willing to take a little roadtrip to your neck of the woods should the opportunity arise.....

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles
Go to Top of Page

diricawl
Looney

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2006 :  14:08:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I emailed Strawbs (we got together a few weeks back in Bath) so she knows the address. Hope she stops by.

Order of the Bookmark

"They don't want the Easter Bunny's power; The children in our generation want Harry's power, and they're getting it." - Laura Mallory
Go to Top of Page

dobbygirl
Barmy

USA
300 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2006 :  17:57:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome gimu! Hope you find our new home just as cozy (if not more so) than the last.

Had a near meltdown the other night. My laptop would turn on go to the log on screen but once my desktop came on it would freeze. It took hubby two days to get it running. I'm missing my icon for my Microsoft Internet Explorer though (I'm using the Mozilla Firefox he downloaded). Thank god for that, or I wouldn't be here.

Proud member of SINUS

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page

Newguise
Barmy

United Kingdom
269 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2006 :  16:21:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yay! I've caught up on the teashop gossip :)

I thought of you all yesterday when I decided to paint the outside of my house (which to be frank is skanky) 'Cornish Cream'. Of course, it is just another shade of beige, quite similar to the ones called 'Magnolia', 'Ivory Stone' and 'oatmeal'. But it sounds yummy, and reminds me of scones. Other Half and I are planning to paint the house ourselves - it isn't that big, but we need to get hold of some ladders. We have to brush it down and fill any cracks and then we can slap on the cornish cream! We shall have to set aside a weekend for that.

Glad to be back again after a small blip. We now have broadband for the first time ever *dances* only to discover that the old computer couldn't handle it, being too old. I have managed to snag the laptop from Other Half who uses it for physics and suchlike. He is working on making the other computer compatible, which involves lots of wires spilling out of the box, (now lacking one side) and in his words, 'it's now making a noise like a plane about to take off'. I'm sure he knows what he is doing....:) Hope to be back daily, very soon.

I know the tea discussion has lapsed a bit, but I can remember the first time I asked for tea in the states and they said 'Hot?' I must have given them the blankest look - I mean, is there any other way to have tea? Apparently there is, but I'm not convinced.

I'm off to have a nose around the HPB discussions I have some ideas for threads...

Newguise xxx
Go to Top of Page

Myf
Confunded

571 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2006 :  17:59:39  Show Profile  Visit Myf's Homepage  Click to see Myf's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Nuggy! *hugs* Yay!

Um, that's all I have to say. Heh.

Go to Top of Page

diricawl
Looney

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2006 :  18:37:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I want to give Nuggity (sorry, accidentally typed that and liked it) a big huggle too! So glad our shattered community is coming back together. Now all we need are Lesley, Beccy, Strawbs and Simon and I'll be happy.

Order of the Bookmark

Go to Top of Page

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2006 :  19:40:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well now that the World Cup is over, hopefully Beccy and Lesley can find the energy to drag themselves away from their television screens and come play. Strawbs knows where to find us, and as for Simon... he's MIA at the moment, but some gentle prodding can and will be done.

*hugs Nuggity* (heh, I like it)

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles
Go to Top of Page

dobbygirl
Barmy

USA
300 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2006 :  20:14:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yay it's Nuggy!!!!!

quote:
Glad to be back again after a small blip. We now have broadband for the first time ever *dances* only to discover that the old computer couldn't handle it, being too old. I have managed to snag the laptop from Other Half who uses it for physics and suchlike. He is working on making the other computer compatible, which involves lots of wires spilling out of the box, (now lacking one side) and in his words, 'it's now making a noise like a plane about to take off'. I'm sure he knows what he is doing....:) Hope to be back daily, very soon.

We had that problem too when we first got broadband. We didn't have to get so drastic with the taking apart the computer, but it still does make a hell of a noise.

I love these new smilies!!!!

Proud member of SINUS

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2006 :  21:00:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, but our topics rarely get hijacked-- they just seem to wander around aimlessly hitting the topic by accident occasionaly.

Deliberatley causing mayhem in Snape's Potions class.
Member of the HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2006 :  21:57:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think this is my new smiley.

I have way too many books. I'm trying to organize my bedroom, which I've only managed to make worse, and I've discoved I bought an obscene number of books over the last 10 years. If I wasn't so lazy I'd sell them off on ebay. Maybe I'll just box some up and send them to Goodwill.

Ohh, this reminded me that I keep seeing a snake on the top step going up to the house on hot days. Nobody believes me because by the time I get someone the snake disappears. It's only a black snake, but still not something I want to see. I'm beginning to feel like Big Bird when nobody believed him about Mr. Snuffleupagus being real on Sesame Street.

Current location: Laying low at Lupin's
Go to Top of Page

JKRisSuperior
Mediwizard

USA
694 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2006 :  22:58:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like this little guy. Has Eeyore or anyone heard back from Martje?
Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2006 :  23:34:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know JKRiS. Haven't heard anything about Martje.

*watching MLB All-Star events*

Finally, a national announcer on ESPN who knows how to say Allegheny--with a long A like in gain. The home run derby is on and they're hitting them into the river and the national media always messes it up the names. The only time they ever got it right was when Dennis Miller was on Monday Night Football. And that's only because he's from here. Watch the All-Star game if you can since it shows off our fair city.

Current location: Laying low at Lupin's
Go to Top of Page

Eeyore
Barmy

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2006 :  00:35:14  Show Profile  Send Eeyore a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ooops--was I the one contacting Martje? I will try to do that tomorrow. Sorry I let the ball drop on that one.

I won't be around much for the next two weeks--lurking at best. Day camp is next week, but this is the final week for trainings and meetings, one of which I had this afternoon. We were just assigning people to groups, and it went about an hour and a half longer than normal

Please pass me a cup of tea, any sort will do, thanks.

Eeyore

Order of the Bookmark
Member of HPEW & HPCS appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2006 :  00:35:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's a game on? How clueless am I...

Hey! Looky here!

My kids are going to be Soooo happy - they really missed this one. Okay.. I don't get the point of but we are getting a fine collection here!

Go to Top of Page

Myf
Confunded

571 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2006 :  05:51:06  Show Profile  Visit Myf's Homepage  Click to see Myf's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
And I'll be MIA for the next week _ i'm going down to the beach house, for a few days of solitude and relaxation (um. and homework) followed by a weekend of debauchery when all my friends arrive. Hurrah!

Go to Top of Page

JKRisSuperior
Mediwizard

USA
694 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2006 :  11:56:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have fun, Myf and Eeyore!
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2006 :  12:40:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AMC
Okay.. I don't get the point of
It's a bunny. That should be all the explaination necessary.

Deliberatley causing mayhem in Snape's Potions class.
Member of the HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Newguise
Barmy

United Kingdom
269 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2006 :  16:31:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A clown smiley? Wasn't there a group of people on the board who were a bit freaked out by clowns? I haven't had a really good look yet...is that a smiley with a black eye?

I found a rather funky Fine Ale in my local Off Licence recently. It is one of the Old Badger ales, (Hooray, Hufflepuff link!) and...wait for it...it is called: Golden Champion! A Fine Ale for Cedric. I shall have to buy another one and take a picture and link it so you can all see Cedric Ale.

Ha! I just spotted the Reading Smiley. O.K. that is my official favourite!

Myf and Eeyore, have fun away and come back with good stories. The kettle will be on. That reminds me, I set fire to the kettle flex last week. (Very embarrassing, won't be living that one down for months....) So I had to buy a new one. That was actually the first kettle I've ever bought. Until now I had second hand ones. 27 and never bought a kettle. Odd, considering the amount of times I use one on a daily basis.

This is quite rambly isn't it, and I haven't even told you about my garden. We were all getting really into horticultural discussions when I was last at Diagon Alley. I have managed not to kill anything yet, and I even found a geranium with the same middle name as me. I have mostly whites, pinks and purples, colour-wise, and it feels very European because I have French and English lavendar and Spanish Bluebells. I also have a little white alpine plant that is squat and bushy, whilst everything else is quite stalky or leggy. [You can tell I'm new at this can't you? Haven't quite picked up the vocab yet.] I have a laburnum tree and a bright pink minature rose and a honeysuckle too. We also have a brick-built barbecue which Other Half loves because he can burn meat and assert his Y chromosome in the company of ale-drinking friends. This might have gone to his head a bit, because he has started to grow a beard. I'm not sure he actually has the capacity to achieve this, but he hasn't yet been undeterred by progress. I think he's going for the Mundungus Fletcher look.

Muffin anyone?

Newguise xxx
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 98  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
St Mungo's © 2010 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
HP Galleries Wing at St Mungo's is in no way affiliated with JK Rowling, her publishers, Warner Brothers, any of its partners within the Harry Potter franchise, or any religious or healthcare institution.