Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 98

JKRisSuperior
Mediwizard

USA
694 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  15:25:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe its the ghosts visiting you again, Jo.
Go to Top of Page

Eeyore
Barmy

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  16:23:58  Show Profile  Send Eeyore a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Starling, they sounded great--only it kept stopping because it wouldn't do the buffering properly, so I listened/watched in pieces.

quote:
Originally posted by Jokelly

I can't sing at all. I'm just horrible, inherited my bad singing ability from my mother's side of the family. They could play piano, but couldn't carry a tune to save their lives. My dad, on the other hand, can sing but can't play anything but the radio, and he has trouble doing that.

Ohh, speaking of radio. A few weeks ago my stereo decided to turn on by itself in the middle of the night. Scared the bejeezus out of me. So last night it decided to do the same thing. Here's the freaky part. I turned the power button off and it turned itself back on! Did it two more times. So I decided to just unplug it and go back to sleep. But in my sleep-dazed brain I unplugged the wrong one and looked at it and thought "Oh sh**, it's still on!". Then realized what I did and unplugged the right cords. Still don't know why it's coming on in the middle of the night. We have some strange things happen, but I've never known the radio to be affected before.

Well, you're even more random than I am, Jo. As for the stereo coming on by itself--ahem, my girls are convinced that when we have things like that happen (and we do, usually around holidays, or someone's birthday, or my mother's birthday) it's my mom making her presence known. It is odd, but since we've never figured out why things turn on or off of their own accord and it doesn't happen all the time, that explanation works as well as any. Sarah usually just tells her "OK, Grandma, I know you're there, now you can stop."

Eeyore

Order of the Bookmark
Member of HPEW & HPCS appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  16:53:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jokelly

I am so lazy tonight. I haven't done a thing productive all day. I was planning on going shopping tonight and I didn't even do that. I think I'll blame it on the dreary weather.

I felt like that yesterday ... but today the weather's lovely and the grass has turned bright green. We have all the doors and windows open and it feels great! I just love the first real green springy day. It's good for the soul.
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  17:20:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's almost too hot for spring here. We almost had to have the AC on to cool the house enough to sleep in. Saturday's high was 84*. Had to put up the shade cloth on the porch yesterday. What we really need is rain. A week of it would be lovely.

I'm putting off doing the taxes, well, more accurately, finishing the taxes. My tax program is throwing in odd forms, so I'm going to try a different program and see which is better. That means going through the interview all over again. At least I can have both programs open at once and just copy the info across.

Deliberatley causing mayhem in Snape's Potions class.
Member of the HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2007 :  18:57:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eeyore, it is my dad's birthday so maybe something is trying to communicate. We always have strange things going on. I've never seen our ghosts, but I've heard then and sometimes can feel them. I'm so used to it that it doesn't bother me most of the time. But sometimes they get too active and hide things. Then you have to yell at them to behave or leave. Things usually quiet down for awhile afterward.

Siobhan, I have to finish the taxes, too. I use Tax Cut. I'm used to it now so I automatically buy it. It's sometimes hard to get used to new programs.

It was beautiful today. I did get out and get some shopping done today and bought a pair of jeans. I ended up just grabbing a pair off the shelves because I was so sick of looking at them and walking through the different stores. I tried them on a little bit ago and they fit really well, luckily. They're petites, but they still go down below my foot. I must have shorter legs that I thought I did. I did, though, notice there were more mid-rise jeans and less low-rise jeans out. Let's hope the low-rise fad is going away. What's the new rise that's low in front and high in back? I can't remember at the moment, but maybe at least we won't see as much underware and cracks as we have the past few years.

Current location: Laying low at Lupin's

Edited by - Jokelly on 03/25/2007 19:03:36
Go to Top of Page

Starling
Confunded

United Kingdom
701 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2007 :  07:06:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
What's the new rise that's low in front and high in back?

Maternity jeans?

I wuv multicoloured werewolf puppies.
"When Mister Safety Catch Is Not On, Mister Crossbow Is Not Your Friend."
Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2007 :  12:42:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol, Starling. I think they're just calling them "high back jeans". The reason women find low rise comfortable is the same reason my dad wears his down around his hips. They can't keep the waistband over their less than flat stomachs. They just roll right down over if they wear regular jeans. It's not anything esthetical because the majority of the people I see in the really low-rise are chubby at best. I still think the best looking jean on most people are Levi's Original 501.

Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2007 :  12:55:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I used to wear those occasionally in high school. They were the only jeans I owned. The mid-rise style is nice for me because if I buy the size to fit my rear aspect they feel really good in the thigh. Being also cursed with a short waist, pants that sit at the waist usually feel like they are choking me.

Sunday's high temp was 89* downtown and 90* at our house. That's just plain uncomfortable. The AC came on in the afternoon (I keep the thermostat at 78* in the summer). Luckilly, last night it cooled off rapidly. Forecasters are calling for low 80's again by tomorrow and for the rest of the week.

Deliberatley causing mayhem in Snape's Potions class.
Member of the HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Starling
Confunded

United Kingdom
701 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2007 :  15:20:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I used to wear those occasionally in high school. They were the only jeans I owned. The mid-rise style is nice for me because if I buy the size to fit my rear aspect they feel really good in the thigh. Being also cursed with a short waist, pants that sit at the waist usually feel like they are choking me.

Ditto ditto ditto ditto.

Glad the weather is a bit cooler, though!

Go to Top of Page

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2007 :  18:47:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know I grumble a lot whenever I have work to do, but very occasionally, when I have a particularly huge pile of work on the go, I get really absorbed in what I'm doing and really start to sort of enjoy it. Weird. Except when I get into that kind of zone I forget to do other things, like eat and sleep and whatnot. It's always extremes with me. Le sigh.

I suppose I should try and go to bed. I kind of want to stay up and do more stuff though. See? It's bizarre.

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles
Haggy is (probably not) Cactus!
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2007 :  19:40:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm the same way, Bee. I've always said I needed two of me - one to stay home full-time and the other to live at work. Because I really like my job and my home - I just hate having to constantly juggle between the two. I can't stand not being busy at work though - I always need a huge pile of stuff to do or it gets less fun and then I just want to go home.

And I love you, I love you, I love you.
Like never before, like never before.

Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2007 :  14:24:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just accepted three days in a classroom I swore I wouldn't sub in again. I wasn't going to accept it, but the money three days brings is too much to give up. It's not until mid April so I have a few days to decide if I really want to keep it or not. If I get more days later then I might give it up. I just don't care for the teacher and the class has some problem students.

It's so beautiful outside. I put my dad's small greenhouse together this afternoon. I think he wants to start tomatoes or something. I don't know. He just goes into a trance when he looks at the Burpee seed catalog.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  13:19:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great new decor! I love the little bunnies!
Go to Top of Page

JKRisSuperior
Mediwizard

USA
694 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  13:38:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also like the new decor. It's perfect for Easter.
Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  15:36:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a problem with the dog and cat. The dog is a high strung Jack Russell who thinks it should bark and run to the door every time you open it. So I opened the door to go outside and the dog, as usual, ran hell-bent for the door. Only this time the cat was in her way and she ran right over the cat and hurt him. So the cat got mad and hissed like I never heard before. Now two hours later, the cat is still mad and hisses every time the dog is in the same room as him and wants to fight. And the cat is seeking out the dog! They play fight all the time, but nothing really nasty, but the cat is really mad and wants revenge. Right now as I'm typing the dog is laying behind the couch that is pushed against the wall and the cat is waiting for her to come out. A few minutes before I had to spray them both with canned air to get the cat away from the dog. I don't know who would win in a real fight, they're both the same size.

Edited by - Jokelly on 03/28/2007 15:40:27
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  15:57:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The cat will, of course. There's a reason that dog is hiding.

Go to Top of Page

Starling
Confunded

United Kingdom
701 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  16:22:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ooooh, claws at noon!

I agree, the cat will win. I once saw a cat attack two bouviers (big guard dogs that are quite popular in Holland).

Edited by - Starling on 03/28/2007 16:24:16
Go to Top of Page

JKRisSuperior
Mediwizard

USA
694 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  16:50:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the cat would win as well.

Cats have a sixteen hour memory span, which is probably why she's still mad at the dog, but the dog can't remember what it must have done to make the cat mad.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  17:03:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*snort* Sounds like husbands and wives.
Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  19:22:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the cat is now playing mind games with the dog. I just came back from dinner and the cat is still following the dog around, but he isn't actually doing anything to the dog. Almost like he's toying with her or stalking. I do have some strange animals. The cat's official name is Harry Purrter. My mom named him that because he has black fur and bright green eyes, but we just call him Kitty. No, the dog's not named Voldepup, just Lucy, but sometimes I think its short for Lucifer.

Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2007 :  22:50:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, that's what you get for naming your pets after people with unnatural powers - unnatural pets. My best friend named her cats 1. Meshugana (Yiddish for crazy), 2. Taz (short for Tazmanian Devil) and 3. Chaos. Not surprisingly, none of them were peaceful, cuddly cats.

*snort* back atcha Pixie - yes, it does!

Go to Top of Page

Eeyore
Barmy

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  01:28:25  Show Profile  Send Eeyore a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, boy, is that ever the truth. Yes, the cat will definitely win out--poor dog.

We've had some lovely days, but it's March and it's mostly doing what it does in March (and April)--it's raining a lot. That's OK--I like it better than the heat.

I love seeing all the bunnies everywhere--and the nice springy colors.

Eeyore

Order of the Bookmark
Member of HPEW & HPCS appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

diricawl
Looney

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  02:59:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ahh bunnies. My Hotmail quickname for Siobhan is Siobhan Bunnies. :)

You can't beat retractable claws. Well, maybe if you're a pit bull.

Order of the Bookmark

As to the avatar, well, if you girls can all have Alan Rickman...

"They don't want the Easter Bunny's power; The children in our generation want Harry's power, and they're getting it." - Laura Mallory
Go to Top of Page

Starling
Confunded

United Kingdom
701 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  14:41:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's an update on the 16-year old getting married: she's 17, she was older than I thought. Her wedding was going to be in November (when she'll be just 18), but apparently her grandmother is ill, and now they're getting married in June. She's never been alone with her fiancÚ, they're always shaperoned.

Go to Top of Page

Starling
Confunded

United Kingdom
701 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  16:38:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Warning: extreme silliness.

http://www.brawnyman.com/innocentescapes/indexbroadband.html

Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  17:25:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, I'm waiting for the movie to load and I must say - those pieces of paper towels being ripped as a status bar is cute, except I keep thinking they're pieces of toilet paper. Oh heck, it's taking too long - I'll try it later.

Martje, you're needed on the kissing thread - we're sick of kissing ghosts and smacking inoffensive beasts - we want you to substitute in some minor characters to smack and hunks to kiss (Oliver Wood and Roger Davies, in particular).

Edited by - AMC on 03/29/2007 17:26:42
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  17:29:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
By the way - I'll be gone after midday tomorrow for a week. I'm off to Hawaii (yay) and I won't have internet access (boo).

Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  19:47:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww, you'll be in Hawaii whilst I am stuck in PA. Not fair. Especially since we won't see anything lush or green until May.

quote:
Martje, you're needed on the kissing thread - we're sick of kissing ghosts and smacking inoffensive beasts - we want you to substitute in some minor characters to smack and hunks to kiss (Oliver Wood and Roger Davies, in particular).

Yeah, but keep Remus on the kissing thread. Don't take out any of the major ones, but I would like to see the Giant Squid and the Blast-Ended Skrewt gone. Of course, if the skrewt is gone, Emmmma and I will have nothing to fight over.

Go to Top of Page

JKRisSuperior
Mediwizard

USA
694 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  22:45:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have fun in Hawaii, AMC! You lucky duck.
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  23:38:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, indeed! I'm very excited.

Jo, I'd vote off the flobberworm before the squid or the skrewt. Really - you can't kiss them, you can't smack them - they just lie there.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 98  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
St Mungo's © 2010 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
HP Galleries Wing at St Mungo's is in no way affiliated with JK Rowling, her publishers, Warner Brothers, any of its partners within the Harry Potter franchise, or any religious or healthcare institution.