Wisty Woo
Giddy

12 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2006 :  10:36:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*singing*
There's a dark purple haze o'er the dance floor,
There's a dark purple haze o'er the dance floor,
There are plenty of cries since the punch has run dry
And the monster arose and reached up to the skies....

Oh what a horrible evening
Oh what a horrendous night
I've got an ominous feeling
We'll all be screaming tonight.

*house-elfish assitant rushes in with a delivery*

Ahhh, the first of the reviews! Oh Pavo! We made the front page, Dear!!!
*reads*
"Pavo Finds Belladonna Delicious"
Famed tenor Pavarotti was recently seen nibbling his way through a dance with diva Belladonna! When begged for comment, Pavo said the self-styled Goth-chic was "delicious!"

Pavo, you know the way to my heart-- publicity!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

6 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2006 :  10:45:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wonderful, Wonderful! I knew the reviews would be fantastic! With my voice and your presence.. how could they resist?

Ahh.. could you move a little to one side, most beautious lady? You are blocking free access to the pasta bar. Gracie.
Go to Top of Page

Giddy

20 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2006 :  10:48:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*Miss Muffett pushes Pavarotti and Belladonna out of the spotlight*

There, you need to cool it for awhile. Not everyone in interested in your love affair, Hmphf.

*Miss Muffett goes up to the microphone and decides to sing*

This is a little song called "Halloween". Can anyone guess where it's from?

*Clears throat*

I wouldn’t change places
With anyone tonight
We’ll carve pumpkin faces
And watch the witch’s flight

Every human heart will shudder
Every soul will shake with fear
Tonight, the creepiest
Tonight, the scariest
Tonight, the most wonderful night
Oh-uh, night

Anything can happen on Halloween
Your dog could turn into a cat
There maybe a toad in your bass guitar
Or your sister could turn into a bat

Christmas time brings the snow
Summer time brings the sun
But on Halloween your blood begins to run
Something spooky’s going down on

It’s better than a video
Gremlins going to mess up every cassette
From London to Idaho

April 1st can be fun
New Year’s Eve is a bore
But on Halloween your flesh begins to crawl
Oh, I’m losing control

Your toenails grow wrong and your hair turns green
Your teacher could become a sardine
Your dentist could turn into a queen

Has anybody seen my tambourine
I may start playing begin the beguine
The craziest night you’ve ever seen
This hairy, scary, creepy, crawling Halloween

Go to Top of Page

Wisty Woo
Giddy

12 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2006 :  11:46:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know, I do believe that Miss Muffet character slipped something into the punch. In fact, I think she may be responsible for this purple haze...
Go to Top of Page

Giddy

20 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2006 :  12:25:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Damn! I knew I came in the wrong costume!

(Quick Change)

Don't get strung out by the way that I look,
Don't judge a book by its cover
I'm not much of a man, by the light of day,
But by night I'm one Hell of a lover

I'm just a Sweet Transvestite from Transexual, Transylvania.

Anyone want to get a bite with me?
Go to Top of Page

Giddy

20 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2006 :  12:32:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rodent of indeterminate genus scurries up the above guest's leg and back onto head. It then begins to sing an ancient rodent ballad:

Schrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiich!!!

Chraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanh!!!

Yaaaaawwwwwlll!!!!

Nnnnerrrrrr!!!!

Edited by - guest on 10/31/2006 12:47:12
Go to Top of Page

Wisty Woo
Giddy

12 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2006 :  15:54:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmmm. This is beginning to sound like amateur night....
Go to Top of Page

Starling
Confunded

United Kingdom
701 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2006 :  16:35:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, where did I leave me ear plugs?

I wuv multicoloured werewolf puppies.
"When Mister Safety Catch Is Not On, Mister Crossbow Is Not Your Friend."
Go to Top of Page

Giddy

20 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2006 :  17:44:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*Conjures up earplugs*

So... Starling! Your costume is just precious. And you are a....?
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2006 :  18:43:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I'll head into the tea room for a bit. Who would have guessed that the Halloween party would devolve into a karaoke party? My ears are ringing with all the show tunes and opera and, well, other songs. I agree with Belladona, there is definitely something in that punch. I'll keep my eyes open for anyone turning blue.

Saw a bumper sticker the other day that read:
"Republicans for Voldemort"

Deliberatley causing mayhem in Snape's Potions class.
Member of the HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

JKRisSuperior
Mediwizard

USA
694 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2006 :  19:21:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to Top of Page

Myf
Confunded

571 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2006 :  06:43:25  Show Profile  Visit Myf's Homepage  Click to see Myf's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You are an entertaining lot. Sorry for not joining in - I have been quite busy. I've been meaning to go to bed for an hour now, but guess who decided to organise her 700 references? *eyeroll*

Enjoy the party, guys! *throws confetti and Disapparates*

If you're looking for trouble you found it.
Professor Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2006 :  18:57:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, so who was who?

Current location: Laying low at Lupin's
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2006 :  19:04:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who do you guess was who?

Diri, were you here?
Oh I think he's off on a holiday.
AMC, were you here?

I was here.

Also, since the party seems to have ground to a screaching halt, I've locked guest posting back up. Let me know if this needs to change. Belladonna and Pavarotti have their own memberships, so they can still post if they wish to continue to party.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

JKRisSuperior
Mediwizard

USA
694 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2006 :  22:40:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Pavarotti was Ben, and I thought Myf was Belladonna, but since she said she hadn't been here, I now think it was AMC. The rodent was Siobhan. I had tried to go as the ghost of Aldo Kelrast from the Mary Worth comic strip, but nobody appeared to know who he was.
Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2006 :  23:24:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nah, I don't think it was Ben. He hasn't been around much lately. I think it was Starling and AMC.

Never heard of Aldo Kelrast.

I was Miss Muffett. The song was from "The Worst Witch" sung by Tim Curry. So the picture of him in Rocky Horror was very appropriate. BTW, "The Worst Witch" is the absolute best Halloween movie. The special effects are so horrible, but it's just one thing more to love about the movie. There is a flying scene in there the reminds me very much of the one in HP.

Go to Top of Page

Wisty Woo
Giddy

12 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2006 :  11:18:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice guess, but my alter-ego is not AMC.
'Tis, I , your Chief Healer!
Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2006 :  21:41:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love and hate the show "Deal or No Deal". They offer people more than they'd see in 10 years of working, but they say "No deal" for the slim chance at more and end up with significantly less. Most of the time I'm for them to win, but when they get that greedy I love to see them lose. I'm the one sitting in front of the television yelling at them to take the deal.

I need to start watching better television.

Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2006 :  23:35:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I knew Belladonna was Siobhan because we both always show up for the party! Sadly, only a few of us did this year but we kept the tradition going! I think the posting as guest is a little less fun than posting as a temporary name. And yes, that makes me... the fat man singing.

Jo - I've never seen the show but I can see where it'd be addictive!

And I love you, I love you, I love you.
Like never before, like never before.

Go to Top of Page

U-No-Poo
Addled

133 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2006 :  12:12:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AMC

I knew Belladonna was Siobhan because we both always show up for the party! Sadly, only a few of us did this year but we kept the tradition going! I think the posting as guest is a little less fun than posting as a temporary name. And yes, that makes me... the fat man singing.

Jo - I've never seen the show but I can see where it'd be addictive!

That was post #5000 on this forum!

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2006 :  13:05:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was all set to come to the party as Spaceman Spiff, but we never had a chance to fire up the laptop on vacation. *sigh* It would have been so much fun to blast the landscape with my cosmic death ray. *evil cackle* Maybe next year!
Go to Top of Page

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2006 :  16:55:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I always avoid the Halloween party because my brain doesn't let me make stuff up (really, it's awfully dull inside my head). Imagination is not one of my strengths. Glad you guys enjoyed yourselves though!

Over Halloween, I got a beautiful new wardrobe fitted for an exorbitant fee, so for the first time since I hit my teens, I have enough room for all my junk. I love my new wardrobe so much - I've been playing with it all day, arranging and rearranging my clothes and shoes in different configuratons. Sad, I know. I especially love the way I've organised my shoes: flats, runners, wedges, kitten heels, high heels, sandals, ankle boots, knee-length boots: all categorised. I don't even have that many shoes. It's just a beautiful sight after years of tossing them into a pile. It's enough to make a girl weep with joy. *sniff*

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles
Haggy is (probably not) Cactus!
Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2006 :  21:54:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My neighbor's dog has woke me up for the past two mornings at 5:30 a.m. It has been barking non-stop. Last night it didn't stop all evening. They have the dog tied up down below the house and far enough away so that they don't hear it, but it's directly across the road from my house. I think someone's dog down the hollow from us is barking also and they're just answering each other back and forth, but it's driving me insane! I woke up with a migraine this morning and having a large dog barking non-stop does not help. So as retaliation at 6 a.m. this morning I was outside blasting my trumpet to get back at it. The dog actually quieted for awhile. I don't know if I just woke the neighbor up and he went to check on the animal or it just didn't like the noise. My nerves were shot, my head was in pain, and I had to do something since hollering at it didn't work. At least I live in the country and can get away with that type of thing. I kept sympathizing with Elaine in that episode of Seinfeld.

So after two nights of not sleeping well, it's now 9:30pm and I want to go to bed. I'm sitting here playing solitare on the computer trying to force myself to stay awake for at least another half hour. If I go to bed now then I'll be up at 3:00 a.m. and wide awake.

On a different note, our cable system is forcing us to purchase cable boxes and sign up for digital cable in order to get premium channels like HBO or Showtime. We had Showtime and just thought this change was for that channel so I ordered HBO, but they're doing it with all premium stations. We're just going to do without because it will raise the cable bill by an additional $20/month. HBO is not worth that much a month. It was okay when it ws $9/month, but $20/month is a rip-off.

Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2006 :  22:25:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To be honest, digital cable is really nice if you have a high def. TV, otherwise it's kind of pointless. Lots more channels with nothing on worth watching.

We had to replace our television a couple of years ago (old one just stopped working) and Husband wanted a HD TV. He figured that digital was only a step away from being the only option anyways. Discovery HD Theatre is great. They show some lovely travel shows. The one on China was breathtaking. One thing that doesn't work so well with HD is VHS. Boy do tapes look bad when compared with DVDs and regular TV! If you get the chance look at Best Buy's TV aisles. With luck they will be showing a Pixar movie. Monsters Inc. is incredible in HD. I bet Cars will be, too.

Sorry about the headache, Jo. One of our dogs used to do the same sort of thing-- bark at squirrels at 5:30am. We didn't know until our neighbor told us. We keep both dogs in at night now even though they have pretty much lost interest in the local wildlife.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2006 :  22:38:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My sister had digital cable. She liked it, but decided to go back to basic. Eventually we're all going to have to have digital sets thanks to Congress and their legislation. I'm not a huge television person anymore so I really don't care if I have anything in HD. I do wish I had a few channels offered on digital cable line-up, but for the amount of time I watch cable, I can't justify the price increase.

Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2006 :  00:55:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We don't have cable or DirectTV or even an antenna - we have rabbit ears.. the kind that sit on top of the TV. We get the major networks and two local PBS channels - one very badly. I miss the weather channel and the Food network and I'd totally love to be an HGTV addict but... I have so little time FREE to do anything anyway and I can't see paying to spend that time in front of the TV. I do enjoy it when we travel and we get to stay in places where they have a million cable stations... it's such a treat!

Post 5000? I feel so... special!

And I love you, I love you, I love you.
Like never before, like never before.

Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2006 :  20:57:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those little buggers at school have gotten me sick. They're all sniffling and coughing and I thought I'd get away without catching it, but Friday I started getting a sore throat during class. At this point, I don't know if I've just got a mild case of it, or if it's a major case and in the beginning phase. I'm on day 3 and still just have a scratchy throat and ears and slighly stuffy nose. I've drank about 15 cups of tea today because I can't stand to drink anything cold. It's also been causing me to run to the bathroom quite a lot.

Go to Top of Page

diricawl
Looney

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2006 :  23:45:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry Jo! Let me comiserate. It's 10:40 PM here in Dallas and I'm battling the tailwinds of six hours jetlag. Tried to critique my brother's literature essay and failed. I'm not good at constructive criticism. My first instinct whenever I see someone else's writing is to completely redraft it.

I'm pretty low at the moment. Not sure the Citalopram is helping.

I was the rodent, if anyone's interested.

Order of the Bookmark

As to the avatar, well, if you girls can all have Alan Rickman...

"They don't want the Easter Bunny's power; The children in our generation want Harry's power, and they're getting it." - Laura Mallory
Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2006 :  19:33:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What's it like to be in Dallas on the night before elections? Right in the heart of Bush Country?

Everyone VOTE tomorrow if you're a U.S. Citizen and registered to vote. You can't complain unless you vote.

Still battling the cold. I still have a slightly sore throat. I think I had a fever last night when I went to bed and it broke through the night. I woke up around 3am throwing off blankets and tearing off my socks which I usually sleep with. I'm getting cold again right now and have a bit of a headache so I'm off to lay down. Thankfully I don't work tomorrow. There are parent/teacher conferences for the next two days so I don't work. Then Friday is Veteran's Day so it's a short week. Maybe I'll get over this bug quickly then.

Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2006 :  21:28:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Definitely do vote if you can!

We've got a big state constitutional ammendment (defining marriage as between a man and woman only) issue tomorrow that I'm afraid will pass. The state education superintendant is up tomorrow too-- among other things. I just want to be able to say "it isn't my fault" when things get ****ed up.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 98  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
St Mungo's © 2010 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
HP Galleries Wing at St Mungo's is in no way affiliated with JK Rowling, her publishers, Warner Brothers, any of its partners within the Harry Potter franchise, or any religious or healthcare institution.