Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 98

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2006 :  17:47:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, it's election season again in Ohio and we all wish we could move! (Teehee -- I get to go to Florida for the next six days so at least I'll miss three million of the six million negative campaign ads we're being bombarded with right now. )

P.S. Love the Halloween decorations!

Edited by - n/a on 10/26/2006 17:48:45
Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2006 :  20:46:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is absolutely beautiful in PA right now. This is the first year in a while that we've had beautiful fall folliage. Everything is so vibrant. Usually we get a bad wind storm that comes and strips the trees before peak week. It's been chilly and below normal temperatures, but that hasn't hurt the leaves.

My fingernails are crap from working on my dollhouse. I'm going to have to take pictures of it to post. I'm just about done with the interior. All I have left is some trim and furniture. The furniture will have to wait because I'm making almost all of it myself. It's too expensive to actually buy the stuff. The exterior is about 3/4ths done. I still have brickwork to do and to add the porch and finish the roof. This house has become a royal pain to finish, but it will be beautiful when it's done. I put it away for about two years and got it back out last spring. I've only worked on it sporadically, but I'm determined to finish it within the next month as I'm tired of seeing it unfinished. I got the kit for a steal a few years ago, but I've upgraded it a lot and it somewhat doesn't resemble the original. I quit long ago adding up the cost of materials, but if I sold it I wouldn't let it go for under $400. Now that it's almost finished I regret not electrifying it. It's too late now so it will have to do without it. I will be glad when it's finished.

Current location: Laying low at Lupin's
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2006 :  22:17:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't know you lived in Ohio, Pixie - my condolences! You guys are ground-zero for election overkill. I get sick of elections myself and the national political campaigns scarcely bother with CA - by the time the election reaches our time zone, it's decided. Our Guberator is distancing himself from Bush - what an ORIGINAL idea! Bet no one else in the GOP thought of that.

And I love you, I love you, I love you.
Like never before, like never before.

Go to Top of Page

diricawl
Looney

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  03:10:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm going to be in Texas over the midterms. All I can say is thank my British passport I can't vote in US elections anymore. I think I'll spend the entire day in bed. I don't think I could take the stress.

Order of the Bookmark

As to the avatar, well, if you girls can all have Alan Rickman...

"They don't want the Easter Bunny's power; The children in our generation want Harry's power, and they're getting it." - Laura Mallory
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  09:04:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by diricawl

Nice to see democracy still works ...
I don't know about that, diri. The democrats may take control, but control by default isn't going to be much of an improvment. None of the dems seem to be saying what they will do to fix things, they mostly point out the mistakes of the reps (which, all things considered, is pretty easy).
quote:
Hey, what's the difference between Rush Limbaugh and the Hindenburg?

One's a self-imploding Nazi gasbag and the other's... well, um...

Did you hear Stephen Colbert's joke at the annual White House Correspondents Dinner?
quote:
Because, really, what incentive do these people have to answer your questions, after all? I mean, nothing satisfies you. Everybody asks for personnel changes. So, the White House has personnel changes. And then you write, "Oh, they're just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic." First of all, that is a terrible metaphor. This administration is not sinking. This administration is soaring! If anything, they are rearranging the deck chairs on the Hindenburg!
Apparently Stephen wasn't very popular.

Deliberatley causing mayhem in Snape's Potions class.
Member of the HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

JKRisSuperior
Mediwizard

USA
694 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  09:11:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Siobhan, are you still going to turn off guest posting today?
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  09:16:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As soon as I figure out how to do it. I thought I had it, but apparently not. I've asked Mad-Eye for help.

Here's the scoop on guest posting. The system doesn't allow for guest posting with any ease. See, it's not something that is in great demand as it attracts adverts and trolls. The mod for it is long and involved too-- another thing we did not know.

Soooooo, for the party just use the following login and behave yourselves-- but have fun, too!:

Username: guest
password: guest

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Giddy

20 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  09:44:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A guest dressed in theatrical garb and humming show tunes wanders onto the village green, looks around for signs of life, and heaves a sigh of relief when they find none.

Attempting to relieve the quiet the guest begins singing both parts of the following:
LOVETT: Here we are, now! Hot out of the oven!
TODD: What is that?

LOVETT: It's priest. Have a little priest.
TODD: Is it really good?
LOVETT: Sir, it's too good, at least!
Then again, they don't commit sins of the flesh,
So it's pretty fresh.
TODD: Awful lot of fat.
LOVETT: Only where it sat.
TODD: Haven't you got poet, or something like that?
LOVETT: No, y'see, the trouble with poet is
'Ow do you know it's deceased?
Try the priest!

TODD: (spoken) Heavenly!
Not as hearty as bishop, perhaps,
but then again, not as bland as curate, either!

LOVETT: And good for business, too -- always leaves you wantin' more!
Trouble is, we only get it on Sundays!

The singing trails off into a hum as the guest finds the punch bowl and buffet table.

Edited by - guest on 10/27/2006 09:45:49
Go to Top of Page

Giddy

20 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  10:01:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A small rodent of indeterminite genus pops its head above the grass of the village green. It begins to speak to the air in snuffleish.

Bugger! This is autumn? There I was breaking my backside all bloody October gatherin' up nuts for the winter and it ain't even here yet!

Edited by - guest on 10/27/2006 10:01:27
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  10:41:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wahoo, guest is up to two posts!

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Giddy

20 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  10:45:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A ghostly figure who bears a striking resemblence to Captain Kangaroo shuffles into the room. He seems tired, depressed, and there is a strong smell of Johnny Walker on his breath. "Ugggh!" The figure exclaims. "I feel like I was driven over a cliff." He goes into the tearoom, wondering aimlessly, before grabbing an entire pot of coffee, and sinking down into a large, comfy chair. "Oh, Mary, Mary, why have you done this to me? I just wanted a date, why'd you call for a psuedo intervention?"
Go to Top of Page

Giddy

20 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  20:47:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmmm. The only Mary I know of is Mary Martin of the stage (OK she was also Larry Hagman's mother). That reminds me of a song...

"I'm gonna wash the blood right off of my hands,
I'm gonna wash the blood right off of my hands,
I'm gonna wash the blood right off of my hands, and
destroy the evidence."

Edited by - guest on 10/27/2006 20:47:58
Go to Top of Page

Giddy

20 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  21:18:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*A portly Italian dressed in a tuxedo enters the room*

Singing! Singing! I have found my audience, for here is a group gathered to appreciate my vocal excellence!

Let us drink from the goblets of joy
adorned with beauty,
and the fleeting hour shall be adorned
with pleasure.
Let us drink to the secret raptures
which love excites,
for this eye reigns supreme in my heart...
Let us drink, for with wine
love will enjoy yet more passionate kisses.

*Helps himself to a plate of doughnuts*
Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2006 :  00:15:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*wanders in without costume to comment on television tonight*

Omgosh, Dave Letterman tonight was something else. Usually he just goofs off and does his usual routine, but Bill O'Reilly was on and they were really getting into it about the War and Bush. I've never really seen Letterman like this. He always handles political interviews intelligently and civily, but tonight you could just tell that Letterman thought O'Reilly was a big windbag...which he is. Then when they came back from break Letterman said "You know, if I really knew what I was talking about I'd have something." All this political talk is just turning everyone weird.

I've got to pick a costume. I always wait till the last minute. I'll come back tomorrow with one. I'm too tired and need to go to bed to do it tonight.

*goes to bed to ponder costume*

Current location: Laying low at Lupin's

Edited by - Jokelly on 10/28/2006 00:17:36
Go to Top of Page

Myf
Confunded

571 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2006 :  01:59:45  Show Profile  Visit Myf's Homepage  Click to see Myf's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
*wanders in also non-costumed* Hallowe'en isn't for days! Although my housemate is going to a H party tonight, thrown by one of our lecturers who is Canadian. She's made herself a toga outfit.

I went shopping today - the Spring Racing Carnival is on, and I have a fabulous huge hat to wear to Cup Day. Now I also have a pair of shoes to go with it. Perhaps I need to invest in something to go in between...

Enjoy the party! You're all very musical thus far! (and the purple writing kind of makes me nostalgic...)

If you're looking for trouble you found it.
Professor Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2006 :  07:56:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Too bad Letterman backed down. I don't watch Letterman (more of a Daily Show person), but it would have been interesting to see that. Sounds like someone stepped in and told him he had to chill.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Giddy

20 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2006 :  08:05:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"He had it coming
He had it coming
He only had himself to blame
If you'd have been there
If you'd have seen it

Honey, you would have done the same!"

*After that random outburst of song, our theatrical guest retreats to within easy reach of the special punch bowl.

"Who am I, you ask? My stage name is Belladonna. Humph... Philistine!"
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

6 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2006 :  13:35:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Madame Belladonna, I cannot stand this.. this.. anonymity any more! I must be known! I am the great tenor of Italy and I beg you for this dance! Or some of that punch, which ever you prefer.
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2006 :  17:30:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, this party is going swimmingly! Just hope nobody dies.

It's official: Daughter can kick butt!!! She got her purple belt this morning-- been on cloud nine ever since. I imagine some time tonight she'll have a melt-down.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Wisty Woo
Giddy

12 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2006 :  17:48:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I shall have to think on it a while, but do have some punch.

*sings*
Belladonna first lady of the stage!
Your poisonees are on their knees for forgiveness!

Can you not hear that they're pleading with you?
Don't think of how they all annoyed you!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

6 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2006 :  19:42:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*Gives some serious thought to the wisdom of drinking the punch. Decides on a opening bottle of vino insteado*

Drink my darling, drink with me,
Let your heart be gay and free
All the world will look so bright,
Bathed in glowing rosy light.

Ah, Rosalinda.. where are you now?

*Starts to waltz*
Go to Top of Page

Giddy

20 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2006 :  21:05:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*Little Miss Muffet arrives with her tuffet in tow*

So, where is everyone. I thought this party would be hopping. Did everyone take some sleeping pills? Maybe I'll just sit on my tuffet and have a snack until the dancing starts.

*Sits in the corner eating some curds and whey*

Go to Top of Page

Eeyore
Barmy

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2006 :  21:07:32  Show Profile  Send Eeyore a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
*wanders in, having been missing for a few days, and what do I find? All sorts of "guests", singing, no less--and the background is lovely and mysterious looking*

No costume for me, but I'll enjoy seeing all of yours, as long as it doesn't involve my having to sew it. I'm feeling just a bit snarky at the moment. Oldest daughter wanted to come last night to use my sewing machine to make her Halloween costume for a party this Saturday night. Now, mind you, she doesn't sew, and neither does her friend, who was going to help her. Which was going to mean they thought they'd drag me into it. But the last time I did that, I spent two weeks making Laura's costume that turned out to be very hard--and I've done enough sewing to handle it, but still.

So, I found an old pink bride's maid dress of mine, but they had also gotten a dress at a second hand store, and figured out how to make it work. So no sewing, which was a good thing. (The most irritating was that Sarah said--"You said it would be easy to make." Well, yes, if you had started a week ago and not less than 24 hours before you want to wear it. Argh OK, rant over--I'll come back later. Or maybe I will, but you won't know it's me.

Eeyore

Order of the Bookmark
Member of HPEW & HPCS appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Wisty Woo
Giddy

12 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2006 :  21:36:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All right you dreamy man! Let us dance! This crowd needs some inspiration and our example, though impossible to replicate in grace and skill, may prove to be what is needed.

Besides, the papers will have a wonderful time reporting our "liason."
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

6 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2006 :  10:16:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*Gestures to the goblin band to play something more lively. They oblige with some David Bowie.*

Madame.... Let's Dance! Put on your Red shoes and Dance the Blues.

*Hopes Miss Muffet saves somes curds for sharing later on, they look good.*

Go to Top of Page

Giddy

20 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2006 :  20:07:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*Miss Muffet gets up toddles off to the refreshment table*

Maybe we need a little kick to pick this party up.

*Loooks around and nonchalantly pours a mysterious liquid into the fruit punch and ambles away*

Go to Top of Page

Wisty Woo
Giddy

12 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2006 :  14:41:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At last! I need some of that punch!
I've danced in circles before, but never around a buffet table! That man has an insatiable appetite.

*sits down again to drink and hum some Mozart*
Go to Top of Page

Giddy

20 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2006 :  16:31:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Oooo! What's going on here? I'd like to stay and have fun but I think my master wouldn't like it. I might get into trouble. Maybe I should just stay and make sure everything goes well.. or maybe I should change you all into... (thinks)
Go to Top of Page

Giddy

20 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2006 :  09:25:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
rodent of indeterminite genus arrives and sits on her head
Go to Top of Page

Giddy

20 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2006 :  10:32:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eww! Fuzzy little rodent bum! *looks for her broom*
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 98  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
St Mungo's © 2010 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
HP Galleries Wing at St Mungo's is in no way affiliated with JK Rowling, her publishers, Warner Brothers, any of its partners within the Harry Potter franchise, or any religious or healthcare institution.