I miss you guys!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

diricawl
Looney

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2009 :  16:57:40  Show Profile Send diricawl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just wanted to post to say I miss all you guys. I really hope that there are still people lurking on this board, even if no one is posting. I don't want to lose contact with you!

Order of the Bookmark

As to the avatar, well, if you girls can all have Alan Rickman...

"They don't want the Easter Bunny's power; The children in our generation want Harry's power, and they're getting it." - Laura Mallory

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2009 :  08:56:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm here, diri. I check in daily (well, almost always daily). We had a little flurry of activity around the movie, but not as much as I'd hoped. Guess everyone is tied with RL.

Oh, I know, I should have posted about Daughter's tournament. She's been taking kempo karate for four years now, but never competed in the school tournaments. This time she decided to participate in kung fu forms. In a group of eight competitors from all five schools, she got the second place trophy (there are four trophies and the rest are medals)! Everyone, including the other competitors, was happy for her. Go Girl!!!!!

Deliberatley causing mayhem in Snape's Potions class.
Member of the HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

JKRisSuperior
Mediwizard

USA
694 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2009 :  11:04:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm still here too, just don't post too often. Good luck to your daughter, Siobhan.
Go to Top of Page

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2009 :  15:46:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi diri! Yeah I still lurk around every so often - I just don't have that much to say for myself! Must pop over to the teashop for a cuppa and a bun...

Congrats to Siobhán's daughter! Very cool. :)

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles
Haggy is (probably not) Cactus!
Go to Top of Page

diricawl
Looney

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2009 :  16:56:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool about Daughter Siobhan. My brother has been playing squash for ten months and is already the second best squash player under 13 in Northhamptonshire. He wants to go to the Olympics in Brazil (He's half Brazilian), and so pretty soon I will be known as the underachieving older brother of Britain's no 1 squash player :)

Order of the Bookmark

As to the avatar, well, if you girls can all have Alan Rickman...

"They don't want the Easter Bunny's power; The children in our generation want Harry's power, and they're getting it." - Laura Mallory
Go to Top of Page

Cour_Delafleur
Confunded

Canada
714 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2009 :  15:50:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I poke my nose in from time to time. I'm in fourth year now so life's been pretty hectic with school work, my job, the LSAT's, law school applications, etc. And I've been sick twice (no swine though, thankfully). It's weird to think that in a few months I will officially be a university graduate .

I can empathize diri - my sister went to the Canada Games this summer (a national multi-sport event for Canadians under 21) for rowing and now she's on her university's varsity volleyball team. To people who care about sports I'm the underachiever in the family. I'm really proud of my sister though and I brag about her all the time.

"I think she's magic," said Nor.
________"You, you think everything's magic," Manek said. "Stupid girl."
____"Well, everything is," said Nor. - Wicked

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
St Mungo's © 2010 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
HP Galleries Wing at St Mungo's is in no way affiliated with JK Rowling, her publishers, Warner Brothers, any of its partners within the Harry Potter franchise, or any religious or healthcare institution.