Hello, Hello from Rainy Washington!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2009 :  11:25:12  Show Profile Send Siobhan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello all from lovely, soggy, rainy, western Washington State! We're here for our anual visit. I'll be checking in daily. I will try to post pictures, if I get the time, on my facebook page. Look for Siobhan Pickett if you are interested.

Deliberatley causing mayhem in Snape's Potions class.
Member of the HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non

sunsethill
Confunded

USA
653 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2009 :  11:36:35  Show Profile  Visit sunsethill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, the southeast is soggy today, too, Siobhan. We are under a tornado watch, but at least we have now reached the level where we are 1/2 inch above average in rainfall for this time of year. After two years of drought, that is good news.

Order of the Bookmark
Member HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e qua non
Go to Top of Page

JKRisSuperior
Mediwizard

USA
694 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2009 :  15:45:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope you are having a good time in Washington, Siobhan. Are you going to be meeting up with Eeyore at some point?
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2009 :  01:30:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't heard from eeyore in a while. She's usually so busy this time of year. We'll just have to see if it works out.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2009 :  15:52:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We're having a wet and blustery time as well. Usually we're well into summer by this time of year here in Sacramento, but the last two weeks have felt more like winter.

Have a great time, Siobhan and give Eeyore a hug for me if you see her.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"
Go to Top of Page

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2009 :  16:46:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope you have a great time in Washington, Siobhan. It's always raining over here so I have no sympathy for you!

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles
Haggy is (probably not) Cactus!
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2009 :  21:26:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who needs sympathy? I LOVE the rain. We've not had enough rain in Charleston. And the only rain we can expect from now till November will be linked to thunder and lightning. It never truly rains in Charleston. It dumps buckets then stops to allow the steam to rise. Seattle is more like England. It can rain steadily for days on end. I miss that kind of rain.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2009 :  12:04:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Siobhan

Who needs sympathy? I LOVE the rain. We've not had enough rain in Charleston. And the only rain we can expect from now till November will be linked to thunder and lightning. It never truly rains in Charleston. It dumps buckets then stops to allow the steam to rise. Seattle is more like England. It can rain steadily for days on end. I miss that kind of rain.

I love that sort of rain too - though I'm not keen on driving in it. Drivers seem to get stupid when it's raining. Walking in it is lovely though or sitting at home, listening to it patter on the windows.

Lol at the rain in Charleston. I remember when we visited Orlando we had the same experience. We'd get buckets of rain that litterally flooded the streets for about 15 minutes every afternoon then the sun would come out and there'd be steam rising off the pavement. Very different.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2009 :  13:03:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yup, that's Southern rain all right. The summer rain pattern is afternoon thunder bumpers with (or occasionally without) a dumping-- very dramatic.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

diricawl
Looney

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2009 :  11:06:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's lovely and sunny here in London, so I can only assume I have crossed over into Bizarro World.

Send some of your rain down to Santa Barbara will ya? My Mom could use it.

Order of the Bookmark

As to the avatar, well, if you girls can all have Alan Rickman...

"They don't want the Easter Bunny's power; The children in our generation want Harry's power, and they're getting it." - Laura Mallory

Edited by - diricawl on 05/11/2009 11:07:27
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2009 :  23:04:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just returned from visiting with Eeyore! We had a really nice visit. I'm so glad we got together. It has been a couple of years since our schedules worked out.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

diricawl
Looney

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2009 :  04:28:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oooh! Eeeyore and Rabbit! That's so sweet. Hope you had a lovely time.

Order of the Bookmark

As to the avatar, well, if you girls can all have Alan Rickman...

"They don't want the Easter Bunny's power; The children in our generation want Harry's power, and they're getting it." - Laura Mallory
Go to Top of Page

Eeyore
Barmy

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2009 :  17:59:01  Show Profile  Send Eeyore a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Just stopping by to say hello. Siobhan and I (and her daughter) had a fun visit. It sometimes amazes me just how long it's been since we all started talking.

I'm not ignoring you guys - I think about you often; I'm just not spending as much time on the computer as I used to. And facebook is an evil time-thief. If I didn't spend so much time there, I'd have more time for every place else. (Facebook is the one place that Laura actually checks, so we can stay in touch with her. She forgets to charge her phone, doesn't check very often for messages and doesn't check her email often. But she does check facebook. Go figure. Whatever works, I guess.)

Well, TTFN

Eeyore

Order of the Bookmark
Member of HPEW & HPCS appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
St Mungo's © 2010 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
HP Galleries Wing at St Mungo's is in no way affiliated with JK Rowling, her publishers, Warner Brothers, any of its partners within the Harry Potter franchise, or any religious or healthcare institution.