A Prequel ?!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2008 :  13:11:07  Show Profile Send Siobhan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
JKR has written an 800 word short story apparently about the Marauders. It takes place three years before Harry's birth. Though she calls it an excerpt, JKR claims this is not the beginning of another book or series of books; it is simply a one-off story for a charity auction. The best part is that it will be offered for sale after the auction is completed. So the general public will have an opportunity to read it without relying on the purchaser to make it available for all to see.

Check out the full post in the news section of JKR's website.

Deliberatley causing mayhem in Snape's Potions class.
Member of the HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2008 :  15:46:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
According to the Leaky Cauldron, the charity auction took place last week. The prequel by JK Rowling brought in 25,000 ($48,855). Waterstone's has posted the entire piece on the internet. It has been reported that over 70,000 people visited the website during the first 20 hours the prequel featuring James Potter and Sirius Black was online.

To read the story click here, then click on "authors" and "JK Rowling":

http://www.waterstoneswys.com/

Note: It is possible to open a word processing document and type the entire thing in so you have a hard copy until the piece is available for purchase.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Cour_Delafleur
Confunded

Canada
714 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2008 :  11:59:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for sharing that Siobhan!!!

I really wish she hadn't included the "NOT" in her last sentence. I would love to read more about the Marauders.

"I think she's magic," said Nor.
________"You, you think everything's magic," Manek said. "Stupid girl."
____"Well, everything is," said Nor. - Wicked

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2008 :  11:25:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wasn't sure if I wanted to read it or not. After HBP, my view of the young Marauder's antics was dim. This little snippet was rather enjoyable, though. I too wish she would write more-- it might help clear the air.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

sunsethill
Confunded

USA
653 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2008 :  21:17:36  Show Profile  Visit sunsethill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Siobhan

I wasn't sure if I wanted to read it or not. After HBP, my view of the young Marauder's antics was dim. This little snippet was rather enjoyable, though. I too wish she would write more-- it might help clear the air.

After DH it was even dimmer for me. So many people had speculated that James began to grow up after he realized that his gang's behaviour had almost led to the death of a school-mate--and then we found out in DH that they kept tormenting Snape even after they almost killed him. It would be kind of nice to read something that tells us when and why James grew up.

Order of the Bookmark
Member HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e qua non
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
St Mungo's © 2010 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
HP Galleries Wing at St Mungo's is in no way affiliated with JK Rowling, her publishers, Warner Brothers, any of its partners within the Harry Potter franchise, or any religious or healthcare institution.