Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fifth Floor....................Delusions of Fandom
 The Broken Bottle
 The Greatest Fan-Fics (aka Help me, I need a fix)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Myf
Confunded

571 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  19:07:57  Show Profile  Visit Myf's Homepage  Click to see Myf's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm a bit embarrassed at how long its been since I've read a non-Theo fanfic. I just... stopped reading them. I think it's because I had read such a batch of good, readable fics and then got spoilt by a few bad eggs. And now someone emails updates to me regularly, so I don't go out looking for fanfic. II don't really feel like I have time to read it anyway - but there are people on my LJ flist that write, and I bet their stuff is good, so...

If you're looking for trouble you found it.
Professor Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

MrBen
Barmy

Australia
284 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2006 :  19:35:13  Show Profile  Visit MrBen's Homepage  Send MrBen an AOL message  Click to see MrBen's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It may be some time before I can read it. The access to the restricted section can take some time...
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  01:01:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't even get an auto confirm email so I don't know if I've started the registration process... but I'm trying! See how much we trust you, Jo?

And I love you, I love you, I love you.
Like never before, like never before.

Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  01:42:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol, now I feel pressure. It's a bit smutty, though, if you haven't determined that on your own by having to register for the Restricted Section.

I don't go to many fanfiction sites, but I go here because so many authors are leaving Checkmated for here. Checkmated.com used to be my favorite, and virtually only fanfic site, but they don't update as frequently as other places, and their requirements are getting stricter. I read that some of their founders have left because of it.

Current location: Laying low at Lupin's
Go to Top of Page

MrBen
Barmy

Australia
284 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  05:21:47  Show Profile  Visit MrBen's Homepage  Send MrBen an AOL message  Click to see MrBen's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hmm... not so much smut in the first chapter and I think Hermione has been written a little weak.
Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  11:13:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No smut in chapters 1, 2, and 3. It's not strong smut in the story, just a touch and probably not even worthy of being in the Restricted section like other fics. I don't think the first two chapters grabbed me when I first read it. More of an introduction to the situation. The storyline gets better by the fourth chapter.

I really liked the idea of Hermione and Gus. I mean, she really does have to get on with her life at some point since Ron sure isn't interested or willing to acknowlege what's between them. At some point you just have to give up the ghost and move on. And most authors write non-Ron love interests for Hermione as gits, evil, or just plain a**holes, which causes her to run to Ron in the end. It's nice to see a nice, considerate character written into a story.

Current location: Laying low at Lupin's

Edited by - Jokelly on 08/29/2006 12:09:11
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2006 :  12:17:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't worry Jo - we won't blame you for it! Ben and I are tough critics. I haven't gotten registered yet but I will...

Go to Top of Page

Ichtys
Giddy

Denmark
22 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2006 :  16:08:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys, long time no see.
I can't believe I haven't recommended Meaning of One yet.
It is the best bonded Harry/Ginny fic I've ever read.
Enjoy
Regards Ichtys

Order of the Bookmark
Love ALL
Worship ONE
Go to Top of Page

msulizzy11
Addled

USA
55 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  16:06:40  Show Profile  Click to see msulizzy11's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
What's this about smut? Where??

Order of the Bookmark
Fred Weasley We Salute You

"Not since George Bush decided to invade Iraq over weapons of mass destruction has the world been so engrossed with a fantasy story."
- Sydney Morning Herald July 18, 2007 Re: Harry Potter
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2007 :  00:58:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad to see someone has their priorities straight - back on the board, where's the smut?

I never did manage to get past the board admin for the smutty fanfic, alas. But we are reading Lady Chatterley's Lover on the new thread so you can join in if you want!

Anyone who has good fanfic, post links! I always end up at McTabby's.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
St Mungo's © 2010 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
HP Galleries Wing at St Mungo's is in no way affiliated with JK Rowling, her publishers, Warner Brothers, any of its partners within the Harry Potter franchise, or any religious or healthcare institution.