Inherently Random
 complain about your work - the soap opera
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Emmmma
Barmy

293 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2008 :  22:19:04  Show Profile Send Emmmma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i only today saw the discussion proposing a 'complain about your work' thread... [i think it's amc who proposed it, right]... could we do it as a collective work of fiction -[question mark]
maybe we could have a character who suffers through all the possible bad things that happen at work. but i cannot imagine how to make it work so anyway i just wanted to say it would be good to have this kind of thread.

ps my keyboard STILL doesn't work for caps and special punctuation most of the time, UNLESS I USE THE CAPS LOCK and even then it's iffy. but i don't use this for work so i figure it's a waste trying to pay for a repair..

Formerly Garside! ;-)

JKRisSuperior
Mediwizard

USA
694 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2008 :  10:46:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That sounds like fun. Sort of Office Space meets HPG.
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2008 :  12:16:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like it!

Let me start off:

As another workday reared its ugly head, our heroine sighed. It was getting harder each day to get out of her warm, flannel-sheeted bed just to report in to her work on time. "The Pointed-Headed Boss", she thought, "would be noting down her arrival time if she was late." Perhaps she should just call in sick - no, she had to save those days. After all, when her kids had the flu and were vomiting all over, her boss had reprimanded her for working from home, even though the work she was doing was critical to her area, so from then on she had to take a sick day whenever she was home, even if she worked the whole day. She'd better save her sick days for the times when the kids made it impossible to report into the office. Out of Bed, you! And out she got.

And I love you, I love you, I love you.
Like never before, like never before.

Edited by - AMC on 01/17/2008 12:16:52
Go to Top of Page

Emmmma
Barmy

293 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2008 :  22:19:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
... and out she got, thinking all the time about the abusive Pointed-Headed boss and about how he would get his comeuppance one day. She hurriedly dressed up and...

Formerly Garside! ;-)
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2008 :  12:20:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
made sure she had all of her gear - sunglasses, badge, ID, wallet, cash, cell phone, iPod, briefcase, aspirin, Valium, voo-doo doll of her boss.. no, wait - better leave that one at home.

Go to Top of Page

Emmmma
Barmy

293 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2008 :  22:30:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She slapped her forehead for almost committing the mistake of carrying the voo-doo doll.

"I must be more careful", she thought, as she ran to the bus stop, somewhat managing to button her overcoat while waving for the bus driver not to close the door. As soon as she got into the cramped bus she started to check her handbag to make sure that she was also carrying her anti-nausea medication, just in case there would be no way to avoid the scheduled meeting with Mr. Zokor, the evil head of human resources, and his assistant Miss Tacrine, with her always-condescending plastic little smile... Both of whom were always in cahoots with the pointed-headed boss.

Formerly Garside! ;-)
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2008 :  17:23:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our heroine finally staggered into the workplace and deposited her overflowing satchel onto her already crowded desk. Immediately she was greeted by Miss Clackers, the new twenty-something wannabe-fashionista who now occupied the next workstation. In the first ten seconds of conversation, she noted that her language-impaired coworker had interjected the word "like" a mind-numbing seven times (an average of twice per clause), and the words "or something" another four times (usually at the end of each would-be thought). Feeling the static start to build in her brain, our heroine made a quick break for the coffee machine ...

Edited by - n/a on 02/02/2008 17:43:13
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2008 :  23:22:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Only to find that the coffee pot was empty and burnt (again) because her coffee-drinking male coworkers had apparently been raised by wolves and didn't know how to a. make coffee or b. turn the pot OFF when then taking the final cup. She decided to walk to the local coffee joint and leave the burnt, empty pot for the whiny wolf babes. Snaking her way around the grey, lifeless, cubicle city inhabited by her department she avoided any possible route her rotten boss might need to take. She made it to the stairway - SAFE! Only to find she had to dodge half a dozen co-workers talking on their cell phones as she made her way down the stairs. Apparently, everyone else in the department was job-hunting.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
St Mungo's © 2010 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
HP Galleries Wing at St Mungo's is in no way affiliated with JK Rowling, her publishers, Warner Brothers, any of its partners within the Harry Potter franchise, or any religious or healthcare institution.