What Would Luna Lovegood Do?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2007 :  22:23:20  Show Profile Send Jokelly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was on Amazon reading comments about people bashing and defending JKR and someone wrote the best thing I've read in a while.

quote:
Think about it: you could do far worse in times of uncertainty and stress than to ask yourself, "what would Luna Lovegood do?"

Hmmmm...maybe that's not such a bad idea after all. Should we start putting the WWLLD bumper stickers on our cars?

Current location: Laying low at Lupin's

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2007 :  22:46:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah! I want one!
WWNLD would be good too (Neville Longbottom).

Deliberatley causing mayhem in Snape's Potions class.
Member of the HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2007 :  00:10:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL - would Luna Lovegood "do" Neville Longbottom? JKR nixed that idea but after Neville turned action hero in Book7, I think the answer has got to be yes.

And I love you, I love you, I love you.
Like never before, like never before.

Go to Top of Page

sunsethill
Confunded

USA
653 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2007 :  20:37:00  Show Profile  Visit sunsethill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Luna has been one of my favorite characters for a while. I hated that we lost sight of her for a while in Book 6, but we made up for that in DH, didn't we? I know lots of people like Luna with Neville, but pre-DH I liked the idea of Luna/Draco. He could do with love from someone who cared more about internals than externals. (After DH, I'm not sure who could help Draco best.) And I think movie!Luna is about the only one of the characters where the movie actually adds positively to my picture of the character.

Order of the Bookmark
Member HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e qua non
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2007 :  22:43:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've always thought a brick-bat would be a perfect match for Draco.

And I love you, I love you, I love you.
Like never before, like never before.

Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2007 :  00:22:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol! A brick bat. Hehe. I guess I always imagined he'd be stuck with Pugfaced Pansy.

Yeah, Sunsethill, movie!Luna is perfect. She has kind of an etheral quality to her. But then Luna isn't your average girl anyway.

Current location: Laying low at Lupin's
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2007 :  08:44:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And she has great sweaters! Now I've got the DVD, I'm going to see if I can't nail down some patterns.

Deliberatley causing mayhem in Snape's Potions class.
Member of the HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

diricawl
Looney

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2007 :  09:30:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love Evanna Lynch. I get heartbroken by all the Evanna!hate on IMDB message boards.

The only problem I have with her being cast as Luna is that now Xenophilius is going to have to speak in an Irish accent, which means Stephen Fry, who is terrible at accents, can't play him

Order of the Bookmark

As to the avatar, well, if you girls can all have Alan Rickman...

"They don't want the Easter Bunny's power; The children in our generation want Harry's power, and they're getting it." - Laura Mallory
Go to Top of Page

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2007 :  12:19:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww, I thought Evanna was a popular choice for Luna. I've never heard anything bad said about her, though that said, I myself didn't even bother watching the film. All the same, I'm delighted movie!Luna is Irish. But yes, letting Stephen Fry within a mile of an Irish accent would be a VERY BAD IDEA. Which is a shame, because I'd love for him to play Xenophilius (even though I still wouldn't bother going to see the film - honestly, I don't even know why I'm commenting on it!).

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles
Haggy is (probably not) Cactus!
Go to Top of Page

sunsethill
Confunded

USA
653 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2007 :  13:53:17  Show Profile  Visit sunsethill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AMC

I've always thought a brick-bat would be a perfect match for Draco.

After DH, I would agree. I had hopes for the boy--but he is--after all--a Slytherin, which by definition means he was hopeless from the start.

And I didn't notice Luna's sweaters, Siobhan. I'll have to watch for that, too, when we get the DVD. I was having so much fun knitting a few years ago, but all the fun just leached out for no apparent reason. I blame menopause. (I blame menopause for everything now!)

Order of the Bookmark
Member HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e qua non
Go to Top of Page

Unicorn8
Barmy

Germany
319 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2007 :  14:18:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jokelly

I was on Amazon reading comments about people bashing and defending JKR and someone wrote the best thing I've read in a while.

quote:
Think about it: you could do far worse in times of uncertainty and stress than to ask yourself, "what would Luna Lovegood do?"

Hmmmm...maybe that's not such a bad idea after all. Should we start putting the WWLLD bumper stickers on our cars?

I justed added it to my signature.

I love movie!Luna. I like the way she is portraied in the movies and I love Evanna playing her.

Order of the Bookmark
Proud Member of S.I.N.E.

"Always"

WWLLD
Go to Top of Page

dobbygirl
Barmy

USA
300 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2008 :  19:44:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love movie!Luna. I knew it would be difficult to translate her to the screen, she is one of the most unique characters in the book.

quote:
LOL - would Luna Lovegood "do" Neville Longbottom? JKR nixed that idea but after Neville turned action hero in Book7, I think the answer has got to be yes.

Well, didn't she nix the idea that they ended up together? Luna "doing" Neville is different than them getting married. I'm sure even magical people have flings.

Proud member of SINUS

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
St Mungo's © 2010 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
HP Galleries Wing at St Mungo's is in no way affiliated with JK Rowling, her publishers, Warner Brothers, any of its partners within the Harry Potter franchise, or any religious or healthcare institution.