October US Book Tour
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2007 :  10:22:53  Show Profile Send Siobhan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
JKR announced a while ago that she will be touring the US this month with events scheduled for the 15th through the 19th in LA, New Orleans, and NY. All the events are for school children. There will be readings, signings, and question and answer sessions.

I'm not sure what to hope will come of these opportunities.
What would you ask JKR?

Deliberatley causing mayhem in Snape's Potions class.
Member of the HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non

Unicorn8
Barmy

Germany
319 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2007 :  11:43:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a lot of questions that I would like to aks her, but if have to pick just one I'd ask her about the secret force behind the locked door in the DoM.

Order of the Bookmark
Proud Member of S.I.N.E.

"Always"

WWLLD
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2007 :  12:47:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Leaky Cauldron has links to articles about the book tour. Looks like no really hard hitting questions were asked, but here are some quotes from the tour:

On Dumbledore
quote:
"Although [Dumbledore] seems to be so benign for six books, he's quite a Machiavellian figure, really. He's been pulling a lot of strings. Harry has been his puppet," she explained. "When Snape says to Dumbledore [toward the end of 'Hallows'], 'We've been protecting [Harry] so he could die at the right moment' — I don't think in book one you would have ever envisioned a moment where your sympathy would be with Snape rather than Dumbledore."

On Snape
quote:
“Snape is vindictive, he’s cruel. He’s not a big man,” she insisted. “But he loves. I like him, but I’d also like to slap him hard.”

Sounds like she's read our minds, there.
More:
quote:
Dwayne Lockett, of Alice Harte Elementary, asked what advice Rowling could give students who wanted to write, especially if their grades weren't the best.

"If you'd seen my grades in chemistry.¤.¤." Rowling said. "That's why Snape teaches Potions."

Then, after the audience groaned, she said, "Don't say awwww! He deserved it! We can all think of teachers we'd like revenge on."

quote:
"Cho married a Muggle."

So far that's all I've got to post. There's a whole article on HP and religion.

Deliberatley causing mayhem in Snape's Potions class.
Member of the HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Unicorn8
Barmy

Germany
319 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2007 :  10:44:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
More information from TLC:
- Neville married Hannah Abbott
- Hannah runs the Leaky Cauldron
- Dumbledore is gay and was in love with Grindelwald
- Lupin was unemployed prior to PoA, James and Lily supported him after they finished Hogwarts
- James, Sirius, Lily, Remus were full time members of the OotP
- James and Lily went into hiding shortly after she first became pregnant with Harry
- Hagrid never married :-(

Order of the Bookmark
Proud Member of S.I.N.E.

"Always"

WWLLD

Edited by - Unicorn8 on 10/20/2007 11:10:15
Go to Top of Page

sunsethill
Confunded

USA
653 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2007 :  13:45:16  Show Profile  Visit sunsethill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Lupin was unemployed prior to PoA, James and Lily supported him after they finished Hogwarts

But I don't follow this one, since NO ONE knew that Remus was a werewolf until Snape revealed it to the world at the end of PoA. He shouldn't have had any trouble getting a job. Keeping one, maybe, but he could always move on when someone got suspicious. If everyone knew he was a werewolf and therefore he couldn't get a job, then we can't blame Snape for being a big meanie anymore, can we?

Order of the Bookmark
Member HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e qua non
Go to Top of Page

Unicorn8
Barmy

Germany
319 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2007 :  05:56:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I didn't quite understand that either. I also wondered why he couldn't get a job in the Muggle world. Maybe because he couldn't present school reports to potential employers?

Order of the Bookmark
Proud Member of S.I.N.E.

"Always"

WWLLD
Go to Top of Page

sunsethill
Confunded

USA
653 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2007 :  15:47:48  Show Profile  Visit sunsethill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn8

Yeah, I didn't quite understand that either. I also wondered why he couldn't get a job in the Muggle world. Maybe because he couldn't present school reports to potential employers?

Considering how hard DD worked to get Remus an education, I would have imagined he could forge some kind of documentation for him. I think this bit of "information" was another example of Rowling not really thinking before she spoke.

Order of the Bookmark
Member HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e qua non
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
St Mungo's © 2010 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
HP Galleries Wing at St Mungo's is in no way affiliated with JK Rowling, her publishers, Warner Brothers, any of its partners within the Harry Potter franchise, or any religious or healthcare institution.