New teaser for Pixar's next film, "Wall-E"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

IrishCal24
Giddy

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2007 :  14:45:17  Show Profile  Visit IrishCal24's Homepage Send IrishCal24 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is the latest teaser for their next movie. The fact that this is a French teaser isn't all that important as the movie will be almost entirely devoid of dialogue.

This is the official plot synopsis from Pixar:

"What if mankind had to leave Earth, and somebody forgot to turn the last robot off?

Academy Award®-winning writer-director Andrew Stanton (“Finding Nemo”) and the inventive storytellers and technical geniuses at Pixar Animation Studios (“The Incredibles,” “Cars,” “Ratatouille”) transport moviegoers to a galaxy not so very far away for a new computer-animated cosmic comedy about a determined robot named WALL•E.

After hundreds of lonely years of doing what he was built for, WALL•E (short for Waste Allocation Load Lifter Earth-Class) discovers a new purpose in life (besides collecting knick-knacks) when he meets a sleek search robot named EVE. EVE comes to realize that WALL•E has inadvertently stumbled upon the key to the planet’s future, and races back to space to report her findings to the humans (who have been eagerly awaiting word that it is safe to return home). Meanwhile, WALL•E chases EVE across the galaxy and sets into motion one of the most exciting and imaginative comedy adventures ever brought to the big screen.

Joining WALL•E on his fantastic journey across a universe of never-before-imagined visions of the future, is a hilarious cast of characters including a pet cockroach, and a heroic team of malfunctioning misfit robots.

Filled with surprises, action, humor and heart, WALL•E was written and directed by Andrew Stanton, produced by Jim Morris, co-produced by Lindsey Collins and features original and innovative sound design by Academy Award®-winner Ben Burtt (“Star Wars,” “Indiana Jones,” “E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial”)."

Nicholas Angel: And are they as big as he is
Danny Butterman: Who?
Nicholas Angel: The mum and the sister?
Danny Butterman: Same person.

Edited by - IrishCal24 on 10/01/2007 14:46:50

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2007 :  14:51:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there a trick to it? I clicked on the link and got a trailer for The Secret in French.

Ah, there we go. Looks a bit more like the classic Pixar shorts I used to see at animation festivals. Also reminded me of Wallace and Grommit's friend from the moon.

Deliberatley causing mayhem in Snape's Potions class.
Member of the HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

SweetPea
Addled

Canada
184 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  01:02:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is this it? I just saw this one when I went to see Jumper. Best part of the movie, I think. ;)

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e. qua non

Edited by - SweetPea on 03/05/2008 01:06:16
Go to Top of Page

diricawl
Looney

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  18:08:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah Jumper didn't look too good to me.

Wall*E could be really good or really depressing. Not sure yet, but it sure looks worth checking out.

Order of the Bookmark

As to the avatar, well, if you girls can all have Alan Rickman...

"They don't want the Easter Bunny's power; The children in our generation want Harry's power, and they're getting it." - Laura Mallory
Go to Top of Page

SweetPea
Addled

Canada
184 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2008 :  20:53:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jumper was not good. At all. Don't waste your money or disk space.

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

diricawl
Looney

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2008 :  05:34:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah the whole "Let's make a star out of Heyden Christensen" thing really didn't ring my bell.

Order of the Bookmark

As to the avatar, well, if you girls can all have Alan Rickman...

"They don't want the Easter Bunny's power; The children in our generation want Harry's power, and they're getting it." - Laura Mallory
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
St Mungo's © 2010 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
HP Galleries Wing at St Mungo's is in no way affiliated with JK Rowling, her publishers, Warner Brothers, any of its partners within the Harry Potter franchise, or any religious or healthcare institution.