PoA Movie--What Gave Jo Chills?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sunsethill
Confunded

USA
653 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2007 :  13:27:05  Show Profile  Visit sunsethill's Homepage Send sunsethill a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So after reading DH, has anyone figured out what it was in the PoA movie that gave Jo chills and that she felt was really foreshadowing for something that happened later in the series? At one point, I think people were speculating that it was the shot of the Hogwart's graveyard, but I'm not sure how that would really foreshadow future plot points. Or am I totally forgetting that this question has been answered?

Order of the Bookmark
Member HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e qua non

Starling
Confunded

United Kingdom
701 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2007 :  07:13:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There was a shot of the Hogwarts graveyard? I thought Jo had vetoed that?

I wuv multicoloured werewolf puppies.
"When Mister Safety Catch Is Not On, Mister Crossbow Is Not Your Friend."
Go to Top of Page

Starling
Confunded

United Kingdom
701 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2007 :  09:57:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hang on, how about Snape protecting the kids?

I wuv multicoloured werewolf puppies.
"When Mister Safety Catch Is Not On, Mister Crossbow Is Not Your Friend."
Go to Top of Page

sunsethill
Confunded

USA
653 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2007 :  12:06:57  Show Profile  Visit sunsethill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Starling

Hang on, how about Snape protecting the kids?

Oh, that might work! That wasn't in the books, but in DH Snape's main reason for being a spy in DD's opinion seems to be to be Headmaster of Hogwarts and protect the kids as much as possible under Voldie. (I don't really count giving Harry the sword. That was a make-work job if I ever saw one. )

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e qua non
Go to Top of Page

U-No-Poo
Addled

133 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2007 :  06:51:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is that it, though? There's supposed to be several. At least a couple of things gave JKR chills.

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page

sunsethill
Confunded

USA
653 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2007 :  14:09:37  Show Profile  Visit sunsethill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by U-No-Poo

Is that it, though? There's supposed to be several. At least a couple of things gave JKR chills.

I didn't remember that. I thought it was only one. I wonder what else it was? At first, a lot of people thought it might be the scenes with the dementors, but they became surprising unimportant by the time DH rolled around. And the added scene with Remus talking about Lily doesn't fit either. So one of them must be Snape protecting the Trio, but I have no clue about what other scene it might be.

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e qua non
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
St Mungo's © 2010 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
HP Galleries Wing at St Mungo's is in no way affiliated with JK Rowling, her publishers, Warner Brothers, any of its partners within the Harry Potter franchise, or any religious or healthcare institution.