Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 51

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2007 :  17:11:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To take over for Samantha Brown on the Travel Channel, and see amazing sights, stay in fabulous hotels, and eat gourmet food. I'd skip the activities that require a bathing suit, of course.

If you were this guy , what spell would you be casting?
Go to Top of Page

Starling
Confunded

United Kingdom
701 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2007 :  17:12:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Working backstage at a theatre.

What job would you least like to do?

I wuv multicoloured werewolf puppies.
"When Mister Safety Catch Is Not On, Mister Crossbow Is Not Your Friend."
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2007 :  17:14:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here, I'll answer two at once - that guy would be casting a spell to pick up my house, which is the job I would least like to do!

Well okay, I think I'd pick up my house before I'd work in sewer maintenance, which would get the nod as the job I'd truly least like to do.

Do you like your nose?

And I love you, I love you, I love you.
Like never before, like never before.

Edited by - AMC on 04/13/2007 17:15:42
Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2007 :  17:33:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's there. I've never really thought about it. I'd like other things on my body reduced someday, but I've never thought of my nose as one of them.

Would you get plastic surgery?

Current location: Laying low at Lupin's
Go to Top of Page

Cour_Delafleur
Confunded

Canada
714 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2007 :  19:03:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe. My nose is something I'm not particularly fond of, but I'd only change it if there was no pain/recovery time and it wasn't really obvious

What is the most random thing you are afraid of?

"I think she's magic," said Nor.
________"You, you think everything's magic," Manek said. "Stupid girl."
____"Well, everything is," said Nor. - Wicked

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2007 :  19:18:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Centipedes and Millipedes.

Which do you prefer: your mother's cooking or dining out?
Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2007 :  22:01:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmmm...mommy's cooking. I really do miss it. My sister and I are trying to figure out how she did some of her recipes. She had a book she wrote some recipes down, but we lost it. Little things like that are something you don't realize the value of until someone passes away and all their knowledge goes with them. Alot of things I know the recipe for, but not necessarily the proportions. So it's trial and error.

What time is your usual bedtime?

Go to Top of Page

JKRisSuperior
Mediwizard

USA
694 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2007 :  22:06:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
About 11ish, sometimes a little later

If you could switch places with an HPGer, who would it be and why?
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2007 :  23:35:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Siobhan, because she's married to Moody Okay, honestly I'd prefer her to be married to Moony but... we take what we can get.

Who would you like to do This

To?

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2007 :  13:32:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Two of my coworkers, who yesterday got into a shouting match within earshot of the customers.

Do you have an exasperating coworker (or two)?
Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2007 :  14:33:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not really, because with subbing you around around different teachers all the time. You get a variety. There is a good bit of bitterness among the subs, though, for the new hires. It's so competitive for jobs here. One girl I went to school with got a classroom right out of school because her family is well liked in the district and had an in with the schoolboard. Sucks royally to know all the hard work I did in grad school means crap because I'm not related to any school board members.

Are you bitter over anything?

Go to Top of Page

Cour_Delafleur
Confunded

Canada
714 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2007 :  15:06:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Probably, but I can't think of anything at the moment.

With regards to a significant other, does height matter to you?

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2007 :  09:50:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not significantly. When I was younger I dated both taller and shorter guys, and I was perhaps a little more comfortable with someone taller than me. That probably had more to do with the guy's feelings than mine ... I think the sorter guys I dated worried about it more than I did.

How tall are you?
Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2007 :  11:38:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm a whopping 5'2". As you can tell, any guys shorter than me are probably little people (or whatever we're supposed to call them now). I was always a tall girl until I hit middle school when I stopped growing and all the other girls started.

What's the worst hairstyle you've ever received?

Go to Top of Page

Starling
Confunded

United Kingdom
701 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  07:23:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I stopped growing around middle school too, but I happened to be 5'10" at the time.

My worst hairstyle was when I decided to have short hair after I'd had it long for ages. I wanted a crop. The hairdresser just chopped it off straight. The fringe was straight (and in my eyes/half over my glasses) and it was shoulder length. It fell in my face and I could hardly see anything. I looked like a complete dork. But that was at a time that I was bullied so badly at school that I didn't dare complain, so I walked around with it for quite some time. Luckily the fringe grew out fairly quickly so I could put a slide in it and keep it out of my face. Looked a lot better.

Do you have any identification with an absolutely ancient and terrible photograph on it?

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  09:30:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not right now ... In Ohio we're required to get a new driver's license card every four years, and that means a new picture too. Mine is two years old, and I'm making a funny face on it, but altogether it's not that bad. I don't have any other photo ID's ... not even a passport. I've traveled thousands of miles north, south and west, and as far east as I can go without crossing an ocean, and I've visited deserts, seashores, cities, mountains (you name it), learned about ancient cultures and modern technologies, but I've never traveled to a country that required a passport for entry. I know that probably sounds odd to Europeans, but look at Ohio on a globe and you'll see just how far I'd have to travel to need a passport. I'd love to see Europe someday, but my life hasn't allowed that to happen yet. A girl can still hope, though.

Are you regularly called upon to use a language other than the one you primarily speak?

Edited by - n/a on 04/16/2007 09:34:38
Go to Top of Page

Cour_Delafleur
Confunded

Canada
714 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  10:46:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In my French class yes, but not very often outside of it.

I was always around the middle of my class height-wise up to middle school. I was 5'4" at the end of grade 8, but by the end of grade 9 I was 5'10" and taller than absolutely everyone.

Is there anyone you look a lot like?

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  10:54:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I did a silly celebrity face recognition test on http://www.myheritage.com/ recently and iirc the celebrity I looked most like is Shannen Doherty! Brenda Walsh ftw! I don't really think I look particularly like anyone else, though people have often commented on how they know someone who looks just like me. I've also had people mistaking me for other people on the street. I must just have one of those generic faces.

What height are you and would you like to be taller/shorter?

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles
Haggy is (probably not) Cactus!
Go to Top of Page

Cour_Delafleur
Confunded

Canada
714 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  11:19:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm 5'10 or 5'11 ish. Believe it or not I'd like to be a little taller!

I did the myhertiage thing and got 96% Katherine Heigl (Izzy from Grey's Anatomy). I'm flattered, but don't see it at all. I also got Jessica Biel, Kylie Minogue, Anne Hathway, and Rachel Leigh Cook.

Who do you get?

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  12:55:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Penelope Cruz. Don't I wish! I kind of expected Anne Hathaway, but she didn't come up on either of the photos I uploaded.

I'm 5'8" which I think is just about right. If I want to be taller I just put on some high heels.

Are you taller or shorter than your siblings?
Go to Top of Page

diricawl
Looney

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  13:05:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sure. At least two haven't stopped growing yet. But I am taller than all of them at the moment.

Who do you want to win the 2008 US Presidential election?

Order of the Bookmark

As to the avatar, well, if you girls can all have Alan Rickman...

"They don't want the Easter Bunny's power; The children in our generation want Harry's power, and they're getting it." - Laura Mallory
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  13:08:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nobody that's running! *snort* But that's typical; we never have a very good choice anyway. (I take that back ... Obama seems okay, but we don't know that much about him or what he'd do in the future.)

Who do you least want to win the election?

Edited by - n/a on 04/16/2007 13:08:46
Go to Top of Page

Starling
Confunded

United Kingdom
701 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  13:18:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lara Flynn Boyle? Hahahahaha! I've got large, round blue eyes and short blond hair, for goodness sake. *tries again* Chelsea Clinton? Eeek!

Er, I'm shorter than my siblings, especially my youngest brother, who is very tall.

Do you look strangely like someone who is related to you, but not your mum/dad/sibling?

Go to Top of Page

Cour_Delafleur
Confunded

Canada
714 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  13:56:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No. None of my immediate family looks much like anyone else, except my mom, my sister and I all have the same eyes

And to answer the previous question: I haven't been following the election. The only candidate I really know of is Obama.

When was the last time you wore jeans?

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page

Starling
Confunded

United Kingdom
701 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  13:58:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today.

When was the last time you wore sandals?

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  14:35:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Two weeks ago when the temperatures were in the 70s.

When were you to the dentist last?
Go to Top of Page

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  14:36:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Saturday. Very impractical sandals they were too. I skinned my toes in them, so I've been wearing ballet flats ever since.

I just did that face recognition thing again because I couldn't quite remember who I got. I'm 70something percent like a lot of people, most of whom don't look remotely like each other, let alone me. I mean, how can I look equally like Julia Roberts, Marcia Cross, Pamela Anderson, Jennifer Garner and Winona Ryder? I do kind of look like the picture of Shannen Doherty they used, though I don't think I look like her generally.

Just noticed Pixie answered the sandals question while I was messing about with faces. Erm, I can't even remember when I was last at the dentist. I used to go once a year but I've sort of trailed off. I was just thinking the other day I should really make an appointment.
What's your favourite flavour of icecream?

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles
Haggy is (probably not) Cactus!

Edited by - Bee on 04/16/2007 14:37:49
Go to Top of Page

diricawl
Looney

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  15:04:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chunky Monkey by Ben and Jerry's

Does this scare you?

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=572652007

Order of the Bookmark

As to the avatar, well, if you girls can all have Alan Rickman...

"They don't want the Easter Bunny's power; The children in our generation want Harry's power, and they're getting it." - Laura Mallory
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  16:29:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, nothing like that scares me any more. I'm already resigned to the fact that we've destroyed so much of our environment there may be no turning back. In fact, I'm kind of cheered when truly apocolyptic news comes out because it might actually get some action. People have been forecasting disaster for decades but no one would listen - I think the human race in general is so stupidly blind that it takes immediate threats before anyone is willing to accept that massive change is necessary if we are going to save our world as it is. I'm also cheered by the fact that if we do manage to exterminate ourselves and most of the species on the planet that things will eventually right themselves and new life will eventually make its way into being. We're really not that important or long-lived a species - the way we are going our race will have come and gone in a cosmic blink. And the Universe (and the Earth) will still be here.

What, if anything, have you done recently to improve the world?

Edited by - AMC on 04/16/2007 16:31:54
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  16:36:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im going to be secretary of our county's chapter of The Arc, not sure if that'll improve the world, but maybe I can help someone in some small way.

Have you cried yet about what happened at Virginia Tech? (32 people dead this morning at the hands of a school shooter).

Edited by - n/a on 04/16/2007 16:38:28
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 51 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
St Mungo's © 2010 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
HP Galleries Wing at St Mungo's is in no way affiliated with JK Rowling, her publishers, Warner Brothers, any of its partners within the Harry Potter franchise, or any religious or healthcare institution.