Welcomewitch
 I seem to have misplaced the "change avatar" link
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

she-dog
Addled

213 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2007 :  10:05:36  Show Profile Send she-dog a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Um, this is kinda stupid ... I remember messing around with my avatar less then two weeks ago and didn't have any trouble. Now I don't remember how to do it, it doesn't show in my "edit profile" page...

Would you like me to do it now? Or would you like a few moments to compose an epitaph?

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2007 :  18:37:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't seem to see it either. I'll have to ask Mad-Eye.

Deliberatley causing mayhem in Snape's Potions class.
Member of the HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

she-dog
Addled

213 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2007 :  05:01:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Blagh, this is all JamFish's fault!

Would you like me to do it now? Or would you like a few moments to compose an epitaph?
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  17:39:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Um... how?

It is actually Mad-Eye's doing. He ran an update on the forum and it seems to have messed up avatars. He's now aware of the problem.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

msulizzy11
Addled

USA
55 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  20:23:21  Show Profile  Click to see msulizzy11's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Any word on avatars yet? I made loads of 'em at my icon LJ. [:I]

Order of the Bookmark
Fred Weasley We Salute You

"Not since George Bush decided to invade Iraq over weapons of mass destruction has the world been so engrossed with a fantasy story."
- Sydney Morning Herald July 18, 2007 Re: Harry Potter
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2007 :  22:30:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It should be back now. The link is on your profile page between 'Picture' and 'More About Me.'

Sorry for the trouble. The boards had me as an Anonymous Member today, too (I thought that wasn't possilble).

It seems to have lost my avatar now.

She's back!

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

msulizzy11
Addled

USA
55 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  23:20:50  Show Profile  Click to see msulizzy11's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Woohoo! Thanks!!

Order of the Bookmark
Fred Weasley We Salute You

"Not since George Bush decided to invade Iraq over weapons of mass destruction has the world been so engrossed with a fantasy story."
- Sydney Morning Herald July 18, 2007 Re: Harry Potter
Go to Top of Page

dobbygirl
Barmy

USA
300 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2008 :  20:12:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now I can't change my avatar. On my profile page it's still showing Luna even though I've changed the avatar link three different times. It did change to the new one for awhile, but then went back to Luna.

I have a really cool pic I took at the Lonestar concert I want to use as an avatar. Help me!

Also, in some of my posts, I don't have an avatar at all!

Proud member of SINUS

Order of the Bookmark

Edited by - dobbygirl on 01/22/2008 20:12:57
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2008 :  21:38:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey there dobbygirl!

Do you have a webpage with just the avatar on it? If so just type in the address in the http slot. It should work. I haven't looked at the avatar list in a long time. I'll see what I can come up with.

Well, I just logged in as my alter ego and sucessfully changed my avatar twice. Here's what I did:

• logged out as me, logged in as alter me
  • went to my profile and clicked "change my avatar"
  • (first change was to my spotty bunny) I entered the web address after the http thingy and hit enter (got the OK message-- checked it by hitting the profile link at the top right of the screen and relogged into my profile)
  • to change it again I chose one of the avatars in the forum list (below the upload personal avatar box)
  • checked again and everything worked fine

Now, perhaps your current avatar is loading slowly. That would explain why it doesn't show up all the time. Of course this is just my untechnical explaination. I'll check with Mad-Eye to see what he thinks and if he has any other answers to offer.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
St Mungo's © 2010 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
HP Galleries Wing at St Mungo's is in no way affiliated with JK Rowling, her publishers, Warner Brothers, any of its partners within the Harry Potter franchise, or any religious or healthcare institution.