Welcomewitch
 St. Mungo's Information Desk
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2006 :  16:58:11  Show Profile Send Bee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is the place for questions, whether they be general, e.g. "Who's the mastermind behind all this?" (answer: me... okay, that's not strictly true, nor indeed slightly true), or specific, e.g. "What on earth are peebles?" (answer: we're really not sure, but they're very pretty). New arrivals, returning patients, long-term inmates... we all feel a bit Confunded sometimes. So ask away... it's the only cure. Your friendly mediwizards (and indeed, some of the more lucid patients) will be more than happy to help.

Thanks to Ichtys for the suggestion.

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles
Haggy is (probably not) Cactus!

Edited by - Bee on 06/17/2006 17:14:12

Wicked
Addled

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2006 :  17:37:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who exactly qualifies for Order of the Bookmark?

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e qua non
Go to Top of Page

Ichtys
Giddy

Denmark
22 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2006 :  17:39:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All right, here is a question for you.
What's up with the "Order of the Bookmark" line many of the "old-timers" have in their sig? Is it just for "the old crowd" from the yoyo boards? I mean, I wasn't that active on the yoyo-boards, so am I eligible for this order?

I also thought this could be used for questions like "can I start a topic about X?"
~Ichtys

Order of the Bookmark
Love ALL
Worship ONE
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2006 :  17:41:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any veterans of the Banana or the YoYo Boards have earned a special reward for sticking with the Galleries through all its *erm* ups and downs *ducks*. I suggest we label ourselves Order of the Bookmark in our signatures-- just for fun!

Deliberatley causing mayhem in Snape's Potions class.
Member of the HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Myf
Confunded

571 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2006 :  04:22:49  Show Profile  Visit Myf's Homepage  Click to see Myf's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I agree about the OotB thing - but note! It's not intended to become a silly 'we're the originals and you're just newbies, you know!' snooty thing. Just a bit of fun to remind ourselves how amazing it is that a group of people have managed not to lose each other in the huge internet during HPG downtime.

So Ichtys, you are more than welcome to add it to your sig! As are you, Wicked!

If you're looking for trouble you found it.
Professor Stephen Hawking

Edited by - Myf on 06/18/2006 04:23:37
Go to Top of Page

Ichtys
Giddy

Denmark
22 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2006 :  05:26:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have another question. What is the intended purpose of the two sub-forums (wards?) on the Fifth Floor.
I would like to start a topic with links to great Fan-Fics, and perhaps start a discussion if anyone is interested. I assume that this should be placed on "The Broken Bottle" ward, but what is the purpose of "The Quill Pen" then.
Another topic I would like to start is "Gather 'round, Gentlemen", a topic mostly for males, where we can discuss subjects that doesn't interest females as much. (Things like computer-games and such). A bit like the old topic for germans. The correct place for this topic would be "Inherently random", so unless there are objections I'll start it there.
~Ichtys

Order of the Bookmark
Love ALL
Worship ONE
Go to Top of Page

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2006 :  05:43:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I imagine your Gentlemen's topic (*g*) should fit in perfectly in Inherently Random. Good luck with finding any gentlemen.

I'm not sure about the purpose of the two fanfic boards myself, but I reckon The Broken Bottle is probably the best place for a fanfic recommendation thread.

Don't be too concerned about starting a topic in the wrong board. As you may have already noticed, we're not particularly strict on that...

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles

Edited by - Bee on 06/18/2006 05:44:06
Go to Top of Page

Myf
Confunded

571 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2006 :  06:25:11  Show Profile  Visit Myf's Homepage  Click to see Myf's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Plus, we Mediwizards can move topics around, too. (at least, we could on the Yoyo. I need to investigate MY POWERS here a little more fully.)
Unfortunately there is no way to move topics within a forum (merge) or move replys. *sigh* I guess the wheel of morality has spun and wants us to learn to post "properly."

If you're looking for trouble you found it.
Professor Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

aguila
Giddy

7 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2006 :  15:12:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I donīt know if this is a question that belongs here but I have to ask. After hpgalleries.co.uk/ was down you sent me a mail and asked me to come to adriana.proboard... I registred as I didnīt want to loose contact with you. But is it normal to pend approval for a whole month? I am just glad that I found you here...

aguila

Edited by - aguila on 06/19/2006 15:13:48
Go to Top of Page

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2006 :  15:26:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey aguila, to answer your question: Alexandra had kindly set up the adriana.proboards19 board as a base for us a couple of years ago while the hpgalleries.co.uk board was down for an extended period. We had been using it on and off whenever the HPG board crashed. Alex, as admin of that board, was the only one who could have verified you, but unfortunately we haven't seen her around much recently. Nobody who's tried to register there recently has been verified.

Glad you made it over here!

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles

Edited by - Bee on 06/19/2006 15:27:59
Go to Top of Page

Ichtys
Giddy

Denmark
22 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2006 :  09:06:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it possible to make text in posts invisible (like [color=eeeee]invisible text[/color] did on the yoyo-boards)
It is perfect for posting spoilers.
regards Ichtys

Order of the Bookmark
Love ALL
Worship ONE
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2006 :  09:17:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think crispy posted "invisible" over in the Restricted Section. If you use the colour drop down box on the reply page there are two light colours there: pink (under yellow) and beige (under blue). If they show up too brightly, you could always post a spoiler warning. That tends to insure reading being the curious lot that we are.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Unicorn8
Barmy

Germany
319 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  14:26:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am back!!! Sorry that I was absent for so long and that I didn't provide any help i setting up a new board, but first I had a terrible stomach flue and then I was away on business for more than a week. Thanks to everxbody who took part in setting up this new fantastic board!!!

Order of the Bookmark
Proud Member of S.I.N.E.

"Always"

WWLLD
Go to Top of Page

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  18:16:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*hugs U8* Glad you made it! Sorry about the stomach flu.

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles
Go to Top of Page

dobbygirl
Barmy

USA
300 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  18:28:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On the Yo Yo boards, she-dog one time used "white" to make her letters invisible. Let's see if it works here. Am I good or what? Thanks to she-dog though!

Whoo! Hoo! Highlight to read my "invisible" sentence.

Proud member of SINUS

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  22:18:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ichtys found a better method for invisible posting. It is explained over on the test, test thread. What it boils down to is this: use squared brackets as you would for quotes or colour change ([]) with spoiler in between at the beginning of your post and close with the same brackets and /spoiler to close the tag. So without the spaces added in order to make this work [ spoiler ] message [ / spoiler ] will make your post invisible on any background colour.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

JKRisSuperior
Mediwizard

USA
694 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  22:21:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let's see if this works.
Go to Top of Page

Unicorn8
Barmy

Germany
319 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2006 :  03:25:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*Wonders if she can post invisible messages too*

Order of the Bookmark
Proud Member of S.I.N.E.

"Always"

WWLLD
Go to Top of Page

U-No-Poo
Addled

133 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2006 :  20:12:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Question: How can one put up a link to a post that's somewhere else on the boards, kind of like the the "snapback" button on the yo-yo?

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2006 :  16:46:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll have to check on that. Have you tried inserting a hyperlink? It's the first button after HR in your reply format line. Problem with that is that you don't actually have an address for each post. Hmmmm. I'll ask Mad-Eye.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

dobbygirl
Barmy

USA
300 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2007 :  04:44:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bee

Hey aguila, to answer your question: Alexandra had kindly set up the adriana.proboards19 board as a base for us a couple of years ago while the hpgalleries.co.uk board was down for an extended period. We had been using it on and off whenever the HPG board crashed. Alex, as admin of that board, was the only one who could have verified you, but unfortunately we haven't seen her around much recently. Nobody who's tried to register there recently has been verified.

Glad you made it over here!

Proud member of SINUS

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
St Mungo's © 2010 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
HP Galleries Wing at St Mungo's is in no way affiliated with JK Rowling, her publishers, Warner Brothers, any of its partners within the Harry Potter franchise, or any religious or healthcare institution.