Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Second Floor............................Movie Bugs
 Directed Dreaming
 Am I the only one who still hasn't seen GOF?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  18:42:48  Show Profile Send Bee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I did intend to, but then I didn't really have time, and then there were some really good films out at the same time, and... basically, I didn't bother.

I always feel a little cheated after watching a HP film, even PoA, which I really liked while I was watching it, but less when I started thinking back over it. I don't know if I want to see any more of the films, at least until after Book 7 is released. It's not just a quality issue; I don't think it's a good idea for me to be exposed to other interpretations of the world I've built up in my head. Befuddles me a bit.

Does anybody else feel this way?

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles
Haggy is (probably not) Cactus!

Eeyore
Barmy

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2006 :  18:08:05  Show Profile  Send Eeyore a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Bee, I see your point. We do all tend to get confunded with the movie version of the story. But the thing I like is seeing the movie, and then going back to the book to see what and how things were changed. I actually find more information in the book details when I really delve into the differences. That excitement over new revelations does not always offset my annoyance at the changes and omissions, however. So I guess it's a toss-up. I just can't seem to keep myself from going to see the movies, though.

Eeyore

Order of the Bookmark
Member of HPEW & HPCS appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Myf
Confunded

571 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2006 :  04:06:13  Show Profile  Visit Myf's Homepage  Click to see Myf's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I haven't seen GoF since I saw it at the cinema. I liked it, but there were a number of things that really irritated me quite a lot. I won't buy it, whereas I have copies of CoS and PoA.

I don't think I'd be able to miss the new ones, though. I'm always so excited to see events/characters that have only existed in my head actually happen onscreen. Of course, I generally wish they hadn't done what they did, but it's exciting nevertheless. I'd be too keen to see how Imelda Staunton does Umbridge, for example, not to see OotP.

If you're looking for trouble you found it.
Professor Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2006 :  05:52:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh yeah, Imelda Staunton. I don't know if I can resist seeing what she does with Umbridge.

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles
Haggy is (probably not) Cactus!
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2006 :  21:16:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I liked GoF! It was one of my least favorite of the books but I thought it was one of the least choppy of the films. And it's very funny. It's worth watching Bee - it won't spoil you for Book 7 as it doesn't really add much in terms of "alternative views" of HPverse, unlike PoA which, although it was fab, definitely took some liberties.

And I love you, I love you, I love you.
Like never before, like never before.

Go to Top of Page

fox
Addled

United Kingdom
55 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  04:40:25  Show Profile  Click to see fox's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I watched GoF yesterday along with TLCs commentry. It was ace. Pointing out all the things they hated and all the funny little oddities and eye rolls. Listening to it being dissected definitely puts a different spin on it and makes it even more seperate from the book.

"stand up and take out your wand, Potter"
order of the bookmark

Go to Top of Page

Newguise
Barmy

United Kingdom
269 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2006 :  16:31:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
GoF is the only one of the films I dopn't have a copy of. Partly because we were moving when it hit the shops, and I had other things on my mind. I thought it did well on the hogwarts and trio stuff, but sold the other champions short, which was a shame, because meeting and learning about international wizards was the whole point! *drops Hermione voice*

Newguise xxx
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2006 :  21:29:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, but it did emphasise Harry. After all the books are Harry and the.... *drops the obsessed book-fan voice*

Deliberatley causing mayhem in Snape's Potions class.
Member of the HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Unicorn8
Barmy

Germany
319 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2006 :  12:28:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I only bought the GoF DVD because I wanted to see the few Snape scenes (particularly the one when Snape touches Dumbledore's shoulder after Harry's return from the graveyard). *drops the I-am-the-biggest-Snape-Fan voice*

Order of the Bookmark
Proud Member of S.I.N.E.

"Always"

WWLLD
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
St Mungo's © 2010 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
HP Galleries Wing at St Mungo's is in no way affiliated with JK Rowling, her publishers, Warner Brothers, any of its partners within the Harry Potter franchise, or any religious or healthcare institution.