New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Myf
Confunded

571 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2007 :  00:16:55  Show Profile  Visit Myf's Homepage  Click to see Myf's MSN Messenger address Send Myf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've seen a lot of funny or insightful comments from around the traps and thought I'd share.

To begin with, this one from a blog written by some Australian guy:

And the award for Least Convincing Fictional Couple goes to... Remus Lupin and Nymphadora Tonks! We congratulate Lupin and Tonks, as well as esteemed runners-up Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes. We remind both couples that their children "Ted" and "Suri" are still neck and neck in the category of Least Likeable Robotic, Mary-Sue-esque Child, although "Bindi Irwin" is still the strong favourite for the title.

If you're looking for trouble you found it.
Professor Stephen Hawking

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2007 :  11:59:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's this disconnection to Tonks and Lupin in this book. We get bits and pieces. You really have to look into Lupin's motives because he's kind of out of character in bits of this book. I was really worried he was Imperiused through a lot of it. And JKR just said that him and Tonks were the ones she decided to kill off that she didn't plan, so it seems it's almost done as an afterthought. I really don't feel anything about their deaths because neither were really in character in this story...and this is one of my favorite couples in the series. Maybe after a while I'll feel something. But I don't even feel anything really about Fred's death, either. I was upset and sad about their deaths, yes, but it hasn't affected me emotionally.

Current location: Laying low at Lupin's
Go to Top of Page

Myf
Confunded

571 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2007 :  21:00:01  Show Profile  Visit Myf's Homepage  Click to see Myf's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Another one from the snark comms, in response to some overdramatic wailing from Snapefen about he was so badly treated in DH:

BECAUSE I LOVE SNAPE THE BESTEST AND THE BOOK SHOULD HAVE BEEN CALLED "THE REDEMPTION OF SEVERUS SNAPE IS FINALLY NOTICED BY THAT FUDGETARD HARRY POTTER".

Actually, let's rename all the books!

Book 1: "Severus Snape Meets That Fudging A-hole, Harry Potter"

Book 2: "Severus Snape Hates Harry Potter For Ruining His Life By Being Born"

Book 3: "Severus Snape Hates Sirius Black And Remus Lupin Even More Than Harry Potter
Because Inside He's A Twelve Year Old Boy"

Book 4: "Severus Snape Was Only A Death Eater Because He Knew Someday Harry Potter Would Be Born and That Made Him Crazy With Hate"

Book 5: "Severus Snape Is Bad Because Harry Potter's Parents Made Him That Way"

Book 6: "Severus Snape Is A Cruel Jerk But He's Kind of Good On The Inside And Harry Potter Is An A-hole For Thinking He Killed Dumbledore"

LOL!

And, of course, I had to do a little tinkering with the naughty words there. (I much prefer the original.)

Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2007 :  22:57:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh that blogger can so join SINUS. We're giving him an honorary place in the Wall of Fame.

And I love you, I love you, I love you.
Like never before, like never before.

Go to Top of Page

Myf
Confunded

571 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2007 :  22:59:53  Show Profile  Visit Myf's Homepage  Click to see Myf's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I agree! It really made me laugh. The wailing it was in response to was pretty funny, along the lines of that other thing I posted - "Jo might have invented and written him, but nobody understands him like I do!!"

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2007 :  23:09:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's too funny, Myf! Keep them coming!
Go to Top of Page

Emmmma
Barmy

293 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2007 :  23:14:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
T You really have to look into Lupin's motives because he's kind of out of character in bits of this book. I was really worried he was Imperiused through a lot of it.

lol, yes, poor lupin [sorry,i'm capless again [:I]]
he went from being such a fantastic character in poa to becoming so muddled and such a mess.

Formerly Garside! ;-)
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2007 :  23:51:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was so sure he was the spy within The Order, he was behaving so oddly in the entire first part of the book, right up to the scene where Harry whaled on him for leaving Tonks. And then his running away from Harry! So damned cowardly.. I didn't get it.

LOL Myf - link, please! (I feel like you're McTabby)

You know - new thought on Lupin - maybe Jo hated the movie!Lupin's moustache as much as we did and changed the character to suit the 'stache. That moustache says cowardly wimp all over it.

Edited by - AMC on 07/26/2007 23:52:38
Go to Top of Page

Myf
Confunded

571 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  00:18:48  Show Profile  Visit Myf's Homepage  Click to see Myf's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
OK some links:

- The books should have been about Snape! Snape Snape Snape! Harry is too good, y'see? (http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20070725/cm_csm/ysawyer)

- A new comm - rip_snape (not entirely stupid, but some of the stuff is a bit mockworthy. Ugh, fanvids. (http://community.livejournal.com/rip_snape/)

- And plenty of wanking here (http://www.journalfen.net/community/fandom_wank/1097133.html#cutid1)

EDIT:

I left out the best bit. Oh, this cannot be believed. You MUST click on this link and check out the insanity within. (http://www.freewebs.com/flammaaeternus/)

Edited by - Myf on 07/27/2007 00:21:20
Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  00:31:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Myf
I left out the best bit. Oh, this cannot be believed. You MUST click on this link and check out the insanity within. (http://www.freewebs.com/flammaaeternus/)

Oh...my...gosh. They can't be serious. That is seriously hilarious.

Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  01:53:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Omg Myf, I laughed myself silly. That last one literally made tears spring to mine eyes.. Thank you!

Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  01:59:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love this - it's for the "Brides of Snape":

Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  02:04:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But I love this one too.. for different reasons

Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  02:11:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh My God.

It's Lily and Severus in heaven...

Okay, I'll stop now - or I'll try to stop now.

Go to Top of Page

Myf
Confunded

571 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  02:36:47  Show Profile  Visit Myf's Homepage  Click to see Myf's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Addictive, isn't it?

To get an idea of the full craziness of some of these Snapefen, you really need to go back to this wank - Snapes on an Astral Place. Some crazy lady married him, you see? Married Snape. For real.

A summary and some quotes here (http://wiki.fandomwank.com/index.php/Snapes_on_an_Astral_Plane) and the Wank report here (http://www.journalfen.net/community/fandom_wank/1015949.html). That wank was epic - 5000 comments.

Best quote: "Severus Snape intimidates JKRowling. This is why she wouldn't want to meet him. She is afraid of him."

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  07:20:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Too good, that stuff!

Here are my favorite anti-Snapefen snippets, from the people I actually relate to and agree with:

This person truly understands and appreciates the character:
"I love Snape in all his misanthropic, snarktastic, miserable, student-hating, potions-mastering, lovelife-lacking, part-time Dark Wizard and all-around emotard glory. He's bitching out the angels now *sniff*. (Also: those Snapewives bitches be crazy)"

I feel a little sorry for the person who wrote this, but he should have seen it coming:
"True confessions: I play Snape over at the hogwarts_elite offshoot marauder_elite. And all of a sudden I find that my major task with regard to this character has suddenly become trying to retain AN OUNCE OF DIGNITY. The other players are all making fun of me. It's horrible. XD"

And this sums it up perfectly:
"Wait. Dude, it's been twenty years, it's time to let it go. If Lily had survived there would've been restraining orders, round-the-clock protection, James would've cursed Snape several times... It would've been like an episode of Jerry Springer! Geez. Obsessive much?"

As for those crazy Snape-lovers ... all I can say is and .

Edited by - n/a on 07/27/2007 07:31:18
Go to Top of Page

Jewlz
Addled

Canada
60 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  08:26:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AMC

Oh My God.

It's Lily and Severus in heaven...

Okay, I'll stop now - or I'll try to stop now.

OMG AMC that is too funny!

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  10:28:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh God, I can't stop reading this stuff.

And I've learned a new term: Woobie. (Warning: tongue-in-cheek and PG-13 humor ahead: http://wiki.fandomwank.com/index.php/Woobie)

Snape is a woobie. Snape is an uber-woobie! That even sounds funny!

And did you know he liked Fleetwood Mac?

Edited by - n/a on 07/27/2007 10:32:17
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  10:44:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pixie - that's so.. beautiful.. I put it in my signature.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  10:57:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You missed the part about the songbirds. It can't be Snape without songbirds.
Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  11:31:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LMAO. Who ever thought I'd ever see a sentence with both the words Snape and songbirds in it.

Hmmm...to me a woobie is a security blanket. I never heard of this definition. You learn something everyday.

Go to Top of Page

devika
Giddy

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  12:25:48  Show Profile  Send devika an AOL message  Click to see devika's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
lighting the eternal green flame? *gags* and i thought i was a snape fan! lol, this is a bit too much!
Go to Top of Page

Starling
Confunded

United Kingdom
701 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  12:51:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
#Why do bats suddenly appear
Every time
You are near#

(courtesy of she-dog, many moons ago)

I wuv multicoloured werewolf puppies.
"When Mister Safety Catch Is Not On, Mister Crossbow Is Not Your Friend."
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  13:36:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL! At least bats fit him. He looks as if he wants to AK those songbirds into oblivion.
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  14:30:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I never knew songbirds could possibly "know the score". First off - who put the songbirds wise and second - why would they care?

Yes, I can see Snape knocking off the songbirds. But I think he'd take out the Brides of Snape first.

Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  15:22:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brides of Snape sounds like some horrible heavy metal band.

Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  15:25:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
More like punk rock to me.

Deliberatley causing mayhem in Snape's Potions class.
Member of the HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Burtnnator07
Addled

72 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  21:23:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Potterpuffs have returned!

http://potterpuffs.livejournal.com/

I'm Ginger from way back in the days of the Banana Boards =D
Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  21:39:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*raises hand*

Wonder if we'll have some updated Potter Puppet Pals soon? Now that would be great.

Edited by - Jokelly on 07/27/2007 21:43:23
Go to Top of Page

Emmmma
Barmy

293 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2007 :  21:52:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
You know - new thought on Lupin - maybe Jo hated the movie!Lupin's moustache as much as we did and changed the character to suit the 'stache. That moustache says cowardly wimp all over it.

that's fantastic. the absolute best explanation i've seen for dh lupin.

Formerly Garside! ;-)
Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2007 :  20:54:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was just lurking over at Porkey.org and those Harry/Hermione shippers are quite fiesty, aren't they!

Somewhere on another site, and I can't remember at the moment, someone wrote that the never-ending campout was the most romantic part of the book, since Ron was gone. You know, it's so romantic having Hermione crying every night over missing Ron and Harry staring at the marauders map looking for Ginny's dot. What great H/Hr moments. Now that's my idea of romance.

Edited by - Jokelly on 07/28/2007 20:56:29
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
St Mungo's © 2010 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
HP Galleries Wing at St Mungo's is in no way affiliated with JK Rowling, her publishers, Warner Brothers, any of its partners within the Harry Potter franchise, or any religious or healthcare institution.