AHHHHHHHHHHHH
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2007 :  16:49:43  Show Profile Send Jokelly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Sorry, I'm halfway through the book and just needed a scream. I'm too afraid to go on any other of the threads so my scream is here.

*fills up lungs to let out another*

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Current location: Laying low at Lupin's

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2007 :  16:56:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go ahead Jo - I went and had a drink in SINUS when I was halfway through but it's really not safe for you there - we're all too spoilery.

And I love you, I love you, I love you.
Like never before, like never before.

Go to Top of Page

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2007 :  17:19:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I AHHHHHHHHHed a few times while I was in the middle of it as well. Though I mostly just burst out with "Oh my God!", "Noooooo" and "That's horrible!" at regular intervals, to the bemusement of people sitting near me at the beach.

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles
Haggy is (probably not) Cactus!
Go to Top of Page

Myf
Confunded

571 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2007 :  17:46:05  Show Profile  Visit Myf's Homepage  Click to see Myf's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You should have heard me reading it - such a spectacle. The Boy was generally several pages behind me at any time (I'd wait at chapter end) and even by the end he was still asking 'what?' when I let out a 'No way!' 'He can't!' 'Eurgh!' even though I wasn't going to tell him. I'd just wave frantically at him to keep on reading.

Such fun reading new HP with someone else. :)

If you're looking for trouble you found it.
Professor Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

Starling
Confunded

United Kingdom
701 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2007 :  17:53:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We had lots of squees, giggles, gasps and sobs all through the book. Especially funny when we happened to be reading the same line at the same time.

I wuv multicoloured werewolf puppies.
"When Mister Safety Catch Is Not On, Mister Crossbow Is Not Your Friend."
Go to Top of Page

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2007 :  17:59:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When Hedwig got killed off and then exploded I think I called JKR an evil wench. I also burst out with an extended chorus of "I don't liiiiiiiiike it" at a certain horrible part in the middle. My friends (none of them Potter-fans - woe) all thought I'd lost my marbles.

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles

Edited by - Bee on 07/23/2007 00:12:50
Go to Top of Page

Starling
Confunded

United Kingdom
701 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2007 :  18:21:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We called JKR an evil wench several times.

*waves at the other half of "we"*

I wuv multicoloured werewolf puppies.
"When Mister Safety Catch Is Not On, Mister Crossbow Is Not Your Friend."
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2007 :  19:33:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Careful, guys, with the spoilers of Jo will really be screaming at us!

But seriously, the middle of the book is a GREAT scream point. I did it a few times myself.
Go to Top of Page

JKRisSuperior
Mediwizard

USA
694 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2007 :  22:00:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At Chapter 17, it looks like I'm almost at the middle. Weird thing about Hedwig's death, at the beginning, I thought she was going to die.
Go to Top of Page

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2007 :  23:51:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh no, I'm so sorry guys! Completely forgot what forum we were in. I've edited my post to include spoiler-tags. Hope you didn't see anything you shouldn't JKRis! Enjoy reading the rest of the book - I'm so jealous the HP experience isn't over for you yet!

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles

Edited by - Bee on 07/22/2007 23:52:16
Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2007 :  11:12:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

So, it's 2:30 in the morning and I quit reading at Chapter 30 to go to sleep. Do NOT do this! I can't believe I had the willpower to stop reading at the end of this chapter. I had dreams all night. It's not an ideal place to stop. I could have peacefully stopped reading for the night at Chapter 28 or 29, but nooooo, I had to go onto 30.

Now a part of me doesn't want to finish. This is it. The end. Really. I don't want to finish. *cries* Don't make me finish!

For some reason, the last scenes of "Beauty and the Beast are running in my head, where Gaston and the townspeople storm the castle and the castle protects itself and I keep singing "Kill the Beast".

I guess I shall be in the restricted section tonight. I still don't wanna finish the book, but I have to. I think I'm going insane.

Current location: Laying low at Lupin's
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2007 :  11:23:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jokelly
For some reason, the last scenes of "Beauty and the Beast are running in my head, where Gaston and the townspeople storm the castle and the castle protects itself and I keep singing "Kill the Beast".

That's exactly what Slushy said!
Go to Top of Page

Sarah
Giddy

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2007 :  21:41:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't believe it's over.

I got my book at midnight, but since I was busy Saturday, I wasn't able to read much till Sunday, and finished late last night. I was kind of reluctant to read the very end, but at the same time, I had to, I couldn't go to bed and then go to work today without having finished.
Go to Top of Page

Burtnnator07
Addled

72 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  13:10:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jokelly

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Wow, that is so funny!Now, I have "Kill the Beast" stuck in my head.

While I was at the best friends house, whenever we'd take a break to eat, I'd get the camera out and we'd take a picture of how we were feeling about the book at the current moment. Quite humorous
Then, from about halway through all the way to the end I would start flailing in my bed and I kept calling everyone a freak. So my dad would be at the computer in the next room and would pop his head in to see if everything was alright after a couple "YOU FREAKITTY FREAK FREAK!!!! IT'S IN THE ROOM OF REQUIREMENT !!!!"

I'm Ginger from way back in the days of the Banana Boards =D
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
St Mungo's © 2010 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
HP Galleries Wing at St Mungo's is in no way affiliated with JK Rowling, her publishers, Warner Brothers, any of its partners within the Harry Potter franchise, or any religious or healthcare institution.