Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

crispy
Giddy

Japan
26 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  01:37:39  Show Profile Send crispy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
35/M/Japan

For those who don't know me, I'm an American, but I teach English at a private catholic junior high school for girls in Japan. I'm not around very much, but I've been at HPG in it's various forms for about five years, all the way back to the 'Banana Boards'.

It's great to see so many of you back again.

Order of the Bookmark
S.I.N.E. qua non
`Dark Puppy of the Apocalypse'

Eeyore
Barmy

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  04:29:40  Show Profile  Send Eeyore a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
OK, here goes. I've also been around about 5 years--actually the board before the banana board, which didn't last very long.

I'm Eeyore, 56 years old, Washington state.

I'm married, we have two daughters, Sarah and Laura, both of whom are married, to Chris and Tim, respectively.

I've been offically "retired" since Sarah was born--um, that was obviously a while ago.

Instead I've been volunteering--first with their pre-school, then school, Camp Fire, community stuff since the girls are out of school. But I also still volunteer for Camp Fire, with day camp, each summer.

That's enough--the rest is in my profile.

Eeyore

Order of the Bookmark
Member of HPEW & HPCS appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Ichtys
Giddy

Denmark
22 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  10:28:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
27/M/Denmark

~Ichtys

Order of the Bookmark
Love ALL
Worship ONE
Go to Top of Page

Wicked
Addled

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  10:53:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
38/F/Connecticut, USA

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e qua non
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  11:03:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
40/F/Charleston, SC, USA

Hello, all! It's so great to see everybody! There are a lot of people I recognise from the Banana and YoYo boards, but haven't seen in a good while.
By way of introduction I should say that I'm one of the board administrators. Feel free to contact me if there are any problems.

I love bunnies, Chai Tea, Tai Chi, Husband, Daughter, HP, and these emoticons .

Deliberatley causing mayhem in Snape's Potions class.
Member of the HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Jewlz
Addled

Canada
60 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  11:53:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
23/F/Ontario, Canada

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page

JKRisSuperior
Mediwizard

USA
694 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  12:47:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
22/F/MD,USA
Go to Top of Page

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  13:14:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
21/f/Ireland

Oh... people have blurbs? I want a blurb. I've been a member of this fine institution in its various guises since I was 16. I've recently returned to college to study speech and language therapy. I would love to be a Hufflepuff if it wasn't for my fear of toil.

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles
Haggy is (probably not) Cactus!

Edited by - Bee on 06/16/2006 17:48:24
Go to Top of Page

sunsethill
Confunded

USA
653 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  15:45:43  Show Profile  Visit sunsethill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow, there's already a lot of variety.

49/F/Georgia, USA

I'm a homeschooling mother of six, ranging in age from almost 22 down to 8. I have been mainly lurking around back and forth on the yo-yo board for about a year. I love the small-town feel of this group, and hope I have a little something to contribute.

Order of the Bookmark
Member HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e qua non
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  16:33:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunset I too homeschool Daughter. She's in a very small class (as in only student), but she's at the top. No grading on the curve, though.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

sunsethill
Confunded

USA
653 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  18:14:23  Show Profile  Visit sunsethill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Siobhan

Sunset I too homeschool Daughter. She's in a very small class (as in only student), but she's at the top. No grading on the curve, though.

Somedays, I decide that a child is actually at the bottom of their class, Siobhan!

Order of the Bookmark
Member HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e qua non
Go to Top of Page

jlg881
Giddy

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  19:53:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
43/F/Chicagoland. IL

Wife and Mother of 2, aged 23 & 22, Grandmother of the most awesome little Channon, 8 months.

I agree with sunsethill about the "small town" feel around here. For me it is so much better than the bigger boards out there where I always seem to get lost. (Kind of like when I go into Chicago.)

Order of the Bookmark

"I love magic!" - Harry in GOF
Go to Top of Page

Joyful
Giddy

Canada
32 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  22:59:01  Show Profile  Visit Joyful's Homepage  Click to see Joyful's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
22/F/Ontario, Canada

Order of the Bookmark
Do you know that everytime you're near, everybody else seems far away?
So can you come and make them disappear?
Go to Top of Page

MrBen
Barmy

Australia
284 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2006 :  02:27:15  Show Profile  Visit MrBen's Homepage  Send MrBen an AOL message  Click to see MrBen's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Teehee, for a moment I thought we were welcoming Matt, but then I got it. :)

Go to Top of Page

Eeyore
Barmy

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2006 :  17:41:14  Show Profile  Send Eeyore a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
But, Ben, you didn't tell us where you are or how old you are. Not everyone knows that, you know. You must make it a matter of public record in the town hall--or the county court house, or wherever we are keeping records these days.

Eeyore

Order of the Bookmark
Member of HPEW & HPCS appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2006 :  17:43:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hospital records, I think Eeyore. It will become part of your personal file at St. Mungo's.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

dobbygirl
Barmy

USA
300 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2006 :  18:12:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
33/F/Upper Peninsula of Michigan

Married, no kids unless you count my adorable little Poms (dogs). I've also been around since the banana boards. I was a little more specific about my location because I hate it when people think that I must live near Detroit. In actuality, I'm closer to Green Bay, WI than Detroit.

Proud member of SINUS

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page

Treefrog
Addled

Australia
88 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2006 :  19:51:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
33/F/Australia.

I've been around since April 2001, when the new banana boards started.
I have been happily married to Mr Treefrog since 1998. (Together since 1992)
We have 3 furkids - Libby, Murphy & Benny (all border collies)

I am pregnant and our beloved little Squiggly Wiggly Tadpole is due on 3rd September.
I am 29 weeks pregnant today. [xo]

This was the first forum I ever joined, and it's still the best because of the people here.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx
Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2006 :  20:11:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
29/F/Pennsylvania

Hmmm...seems like we're doing mini biographies, too. I've been at HPG too long. Since December 2000/January 2001. I can't remember exactly when I started but it was before the banana boards were created. I have no husband, no children, but I do have a cat and dog. I'm also only 24, despite what that little number above says. I, and some others on the board, have developed the ability to be born in 1977 but maintain the age of 24. It's amazing and I don't question it.

Current location: Laying low at Lupin's

Edited by - Jokelly on 06/17/2006 20:13:08
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2006 :  01:53:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
DG, when I read you were from the U.P. I immediately raised my right hand and pointed to the fingers. (Edit) I checked, you're above the fingers and to the right, right?

24 read backwards /F/Los Angeles

I've been with these boards for 241 crashes.. or somewhere thereabouts.

Personal favorite smilie: Arrr.

And I love you, I love you, I love you.
Like never before, like never before.

Edited by - AMC on 06/18/2006 02:18:06
Go to Top of Page

Myf
Confunded

571 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2006 :  04:29:29  Show Profile  Visit Myf's Homepage  Click to see Myf's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
28/F/Australia.

I found the banana boards in about August 2001 and have remained through various incarnations. I used to always post in purple - with these quick reply things it remains to be be seen whether I will be able to be bothered on this board.

I'm still studying *cries* but soon I'll be a neuropsychologist, which means I'll be able to intimidate people in a legitimate way. And for the record? These moving smileys irritate me to distraction.

If you're looking for trouble you found it.
Professor Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

Sarah
Giddy

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2006 :  18:10:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
23/F/Indiana

I joined the banana boards in December 2001, right after having read the books for the first time, and then seeing the first movie. Actually I seem to recall that my first post was on the ASL thread there. I was 19 and living in Iowa. Still female, of course. :p

At the time I was just a few months into my first year of college. Since then I've graduated, and I'm looking for a job in graphic design, though I may have to settle for something else in the near future.
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2006 :  23:33:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
44/F/California

Married w/3 kids (16/13/10)

Hi everyone! It's so great to see so many familiar names here. This place is gorgeous, btw. Kudos to everyone who worked so hard to create our new home.

I've been on this board through its various incarnations longer than I can remember - about 6 years, I think - and I have so many wonderful memories. This is truely a special place.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"

Edited by - Theowyn on 06/18/2006 23:35:05
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2006 :  16:15:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
41 / F / Ohio, USA

Married with two children, ages 16 and 11.

I registed on the banana boards the day the publication date for OotP was announced in early 2003, but I had been lurking for months before that. Been having fun here ever since.
Go to Top of Page

Cour_Delafleur
Confunded

Canada
714 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2006 :  21:40:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
18/F/Canada.

Single. No children. One sister, two parents, two German Shepards and a cat named Frank.

I started posting on the banana boards in 2002.

"I think she's magic," said Nor.
________"You, you think everything's magic," Manek said. "Stupid girl."
____"Well, everything is," said Nor. - Wicked

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page

devika
Giddy

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  01:42:37  Show Profile  Send devika an AOL message  Click to see devika's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
21/f/California

I'm a canadian living in california, double majoring in business and english. i first came to know most of you beautiful people on the banana boards back in august 2001.
Go to Top of Page

Unicorn8
Barmy

Germany
319 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  14:33:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
28/F/Germany

I joined the banana boards in Summer 2001 and I have been a member of HPG ever since.

I love rabbits, horses, ice cream, computer games and Snape!

Order of the Bookmark
Proud Member of S.I.N.E.

"Always"

WWLLD
Go to Top of Page

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  18:15:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dude, how many of us joined in Summer 2001? Seems like there was a big influx 'round then.

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles
Go to Top of Page

SweetPea
Addled

Canada
184 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2006 :  00:13:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
22/F/Ontario, Canada

Hi everyone! *waves* I'm back! :D My bf built me a new computer so now I have to get caught up on everything!

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2006 :  14:03:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Sweetpea! I love your avatar more than ever. It just makes me smile.

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles
Go to Top of Page

dobbygirl
Barmy

USA
300 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2006 :  19:15:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AMC

DG, when I read you were from the U.P. I immediately raised my right hand and pointed to the fingers. (Edit) I checked, you're above the fingers and to the right, right?

Well, above the fingers and to the left (west). The UP does go to the east of the "fingers" too, but most is to the west. Actually most people outside of the UP refer to the northern part of the "mitten" as Northern MI.

Proud member of SINUS

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4  Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
St Mungo's © 2010 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
HP Galleries Wing at St Mungo's is in no way affiliated with JK Rowling, her publishers, Warner Brothers, any of its partners within the Harry Potter franchise, or any religious or healthcare institution.