How to Post Under an Invisibility Cloak
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  17:15:08  Show Profile Send Siobhan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tis the time of spoilers and spoiler warnings. With the movie out and Deathly Hallows on its way, I thought we should do a little revision.

The instructions for invisible text are below. You might want to try posting "Spoiler Warning Ahead" before putting on the invisiblity cloak-- just to let people know you posted something.

quote:

So you couldn't resist. Well, then I better tell you how you make text invisible.
It is quite simple (once you know what to do, but that is true about most things in life). If you write <spoiler>The text you want to be invisible</spoiler> (replace <> with[]) the text get the same color as the background.
Tada, you get invisible text.
Regards Ichtys
Just checking if you were paying attention!
OK, so I've changed the rules a bit. The novelty of spoiler tags wears off quickly. From now on, spoilery topics will be noted as such. For those of us of weak willpower the first couple of pages will be spoiler tagged. When that changes and the thread goes "naked", I'll edit the topic title and post to indicate when to stop reading in order to remain "virgin."

Deliberatley causing mayhem in Snape's Potions class.
Member of the HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non

Myf
Confunded

571 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  17:38:49  Show Profile  Visit Myf's Homepage  Click to see Myf's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Siobhan, I'm sure I'm not the only person who went on to highlight your entire post to see what you had hidden as a spoiler. But there was nothing.

(Non-spoilery spoiler, that one above. Just playing.)

Thanks for the post!

If you're looking for trouble you found it.
Professor Stephen Hawking

Edited by - Myf on 07/12/2007 17:39:22
Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  18:05:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol, Myf, I did it too.

I can't believe we have only a few days left. The book is coming!

Current location: Laying low at Lupin's

Edited by - Jokelly on 07/12/2007 18:08:02
Go to Top of Page

Wizard from Milan
Barmy

236 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  22:26:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jokelly
I can't believe we have only a few days left. The book is coming!

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. The waiting is killing me!
Go to Top of Page

JKRisSuperior
Mediwizard

USA
694 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  22:58:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Siobhan!

I can't believe it's only going to be a few more days until DH either. I am excited!
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2007 :  01:18:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, I can't resist practicing too:

Warning Spoiler!!! ... not really.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"
Go to Top of Page

sunsethill
Confunded

USA
653 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2007 :  12:34:28  Show Profile  Visit sunsethill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ooh, yea! We can practice. I'm not sure I believe the book will ever get here.

Order of the Bookmark
Member HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e qua non
Go to Top of Page

Burtnnator07
Addled

72 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2007 :  13:02:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Well, with a week left, I thought I would post this editorial by Stephen King. It probably deserves it's own thread but since everyone's commenting on the end of the series, I'll post it here.

When I read this in Entertainment Weekly, I teared up because I am one of those kids who began reading early enough to be disappointed when no owls arrived for me on my eleventh birthday:

"When it comes to Harry, part of me — a fairly large part, actually —can hardly bear to say goodbye. I'd guess that J.K. Rowling feels the same, although I'd also guess those feelings are mingled with the relief of knowing that the work is finally done, for better or worse.

And I'm a grown-up, for God's sake — a damn Muggle! Think how it must be for all the kids who were 8 when Harry debuted in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, with its cartoon jacket and modest (500 copies) first edition. Those kids are now 18, and when they close the final book, they will be in some measure closing the book on their own childhoods — magic summers spent in the porch swing, or reading under the covers at camp with flashlights in hand, or listening to Jim Dale's recordings on long drives to see Grandma in Cincinnati or Uncle Bob in Wichita. My advice to families containing Harry Potter readers: Stock up on the Kleenex. You're gonna need it. It's all made worse by one unavoidable fact: It's not just Harry. It's time to say goodbye to the whole cast, from Moaning Myrtle to Scabbers the rat (a.k.a. Wormtail). Which leads to an interesting question — will the final volume satisfy Harry's longtime (and very devoted) readers?"

Here's a link to the rest of the editorial:http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20044270_20044274_20044682,00.html

I'm Ginger from way back in the days of the Banana Boards =D
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2007 :  13:25:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh no. I'm not ready to cry yet.

Deliberatley causing mayhem in Snape's Potions class.
Member of the HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Unicorn8
Barmy

Germany
319 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2007 :  10:40:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me neither. But I cried anyway when I read Burtnnator's invisible text.

Order of the Bookmark
Proud Member of S.I.N.E.

"Always"

WWLLD
Go to Top of Page

gimu
Addled

Ireland
209 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2007 :  17:40:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just practising because I am a bit computer dumb

I will be really pleased if this has worked

Yeah Yeeehaaa - I'm getting better...

Edited by - gimu on 07/15/2007 17:41:10
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
St Mungo's © 2010 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
HP Galleries Wing at St Mungo's is in no way affiliated with JK Rowling, her publishers, Warner Brothers, any of its partners within the Harry Potter franchise, or any religious or healthcare institution.