We have returned!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

woodstarling
Giddy

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2007 :  03:51:23  Show Profile  Visit woodstarling's Homepage  Send woodstarling an AOL message Send woodstarling a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alright, so I understand the "Who?" "We?" "Returned??"

Let me explain.

Years ago, when I was running on Windows 97.. there was a site. HPG.

Hey, I thought this was HPG.

Yes. That's true.

But HI. I'm woodstarling. Wood, most commonly. For all you veterans out there, I'm not sure if you remember me; I was an annoying twelve year old, for sure, but my dear friend HPandLOTR_lover (Or, Sarah =P) and I were talking about the old days in HPG Chat and how we missed it.

And so we went a-searching and lookit at what we found.

For everyone I don't know (and this is probably most of you), HILO! I am Wood, you can call me that, or Joolz. Whichever you fancy. Introduce yourself. ;D

I look forward to getting back in touch with all of you kids!

--wood <---OMG ITS A BADGER. <333333

OH. SHE'S BACK. XD

HPandLOTR_lover
Giddy

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2007 :  03:58:12  Show Profile  Send HPandLOTR_lover an AOL message  Send HPandLOTR_lover an ICQ Message  Click to see HPandLOTR_lover's MSN Messenger address  Send HPandLOTR_lover a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hey hey hey!

So, the rumor's true... Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts. And so have I. *silence*

I forgot how to quote that part... I think I screwed up the punctuation as well. I quit.

Yeah. Wood and I once got kicked out of the chatroom for being annoying. We'll try to behave. I joined December 24th, 2001. I think... Sounds right... Just after my 13th birthday. I miss the old HPG.

I miss the chat more than the old boards. But, I would love to look at the archives. Have they vanished completely?

I know most of the people I talked to in chat were: Wood(of course), Alina, bookworm(there might've been more to that username), Sirius, ChosGuy, KingOfBurns, WildChild, and some others... I'm slowly forgetting old usernames.

Hi everybody!...

I'm EXCITED!
Go to Top of Page

Myf
Confunded

571 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2007 :  08:58:36  Show Profile  Visit Myf's Homepage  Click to see Myf's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Wow, that's a blast from the past! Sadly none of those guys are still around. Ravi (King of Bums) is on LiveJournal but we've lost touch. You'd remember StarlingUK (aka Martje) - she's back here after a little hiatus. Wildchild... is she around too? Sirius is also on LJ (was that Anna?) but I haven't seen her around for AGES.

Anyway, very glad you went snooping! The board's very similar to how it was, although Rames isn't running it any more. It's more of a collaborative effort now, although Siobhan does all the hard work while we sit around blathering on.

I wonder who else is a oldbie from way back when. Bee, of course! Who else? Diricawl?

(In case you'd forgotten me, I also used to post under the annoying name Not Pansy Parkinson.)

I'm EXCITED too!

If you're looking for trouble you found it.
Professor Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

Starling
Confunded

United Kingdom
701 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2007 :  11:24:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't forget She-boggy as an oldbie!

You know, I saved that crazy RPG we did and I still read it every now and then.

I wuv multicoloured werewolf puppies.
"When Mister Safety Catch Is Not On, Mister Crossbow Is Not Your Friend."
Go to Top of Page

JKRisSuperior
Mediwizard

USA
694 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2007 :  11:59:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome back, Wood and HP_and_LOTRlover! I'm an oldie from way back as well. Along with Treefrog, Jokelly, and Eeyore.

If you go to http://adriana.proboards19.com, and read "The Yo-Yos are down again, sigh," in the Inherently Random section, you can read all about how we ended up here.
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2007 :  12:19:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember the names, though it has been a long, long time.
Welcome to the Looney Bin!

Deliberatley causing mayhem in Snape's Potions class.
Member of the HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2007 :  12:35:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi! I remember your names from the banana boards, but that was before I posted much. Glad to see you're here now to help us all with our sanity!
Go to Top of Page

JKRisSuperior
Mediwizard

USA
694 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2007 :  13:20:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When did you first join HPG, Siobhan?
Go to Top of Page

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2007 :  13:54:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi girls! I remember you both! It's great to hear from you.

Sadly I think all the banana board stuff has gone to internet heaven. But at least there's a little band of survivors keeping HPG alive.

quote:
Sirius is also on LJ (was that Anna?) but I haven't seen her around for AGES.

Anna was ImSirius. Haven't seen hide nor hair of the other Sirius for years I'm afraid. Bookworm pretty much vanished as well, as did misspclearwater, Ida, Chosguy, phoenixfeather... and I can't really remember the other chatters' names anymore - must be getting old! I'm still in touch with Alina and MSULizzy via LJ but neither have signed up here. Crispy pops in from time to time, and Wildchild stops by sometimes as well.

What RPG did you save Starling? I don't remember ever taking part in one, but maybe I used to read it.

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles
Haggy is (probably not) Cactus!

Edited by - Bee on 06/15/2007 13:58:52
Go to Top of Page

HPandLOTR_lover
Giddy

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2007 :  14:08:27  Show Profile  Send HPandLOTR_lover an AOL message  Send HPandLOTR_lover an ICQ Message  Click to see HPandLOTR_lover's MSN Messenger address  Send HPandLOTR_lover a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Wow. This is crazy. I'm so happy! haha.

Alina and I used to talk all the time! But, we just randomly lost contact with each other. I don't even know if I still have her on my LJ. What's her LJ name?

Wood and I talk to Sir (ImSirius) a lot. She's happily married. It's adorable. I never call her by her real name though. Weird. Wood talks to her more than I do. Maybe we can get her to join up again.

I despise this username. But, I think I'll keep it for old times sake.

I would be in complete heaven if we could get a chatroom running on these boards. Is that a possibility? heh.

Side note: Some of these smilies are incredibly random.
Go to Top of Page

Starling
Confunded

United Kingdom
701 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2007 :  14:16:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We had a RPG that resulted in quite a big argument about the person who started it. What was his name, Binga? Something like that. He played Harry, ChristinaFaye was Lee (who ended up drinking a dodgy potion on detention and running around nekkid) and Madam Pince. Dumbledore played footsie with McGonagall. I was Snape (who had a go at Malfoy at one point) and Gred & Forge. In the end we had no Ron, Hermione, or Harry, just peripheral characters, but it was hysterical anyway.

I wuv multicoloured werewolf puppies.
"When Mister Safety Catch Is Not On, Mister Crossbow Is Not Your Friend."
Go to Top of Page

Myf
Confunded

571 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2007 :  17:37:08  Show Profile  Visit Myf's Homepage  Click to see Myf's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
While we're on a nostalgia binge, I might mention that Lorianne, another old face, is getting married TODAY. Isn't that exciting?

If you're looking for trouble you found it.
Professor Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

woodstarling
Giddy

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2007 :  22:53:56  Show Profile  Visit woodstarling's Homepage  Send woodstarling an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Eeeee!! I'm very happy! XD It's good to see you all again! There's names I recognize all over the place.

Also, Sarah. Sirius was Sirius, not ImSirius, who was Anna, and Sirius is our lovely married woman. Sirius. Im Sirius. Siriusly.

ANYWAY. HI, ALL!!

OH. SHE'S BACK. XD
Go to Top of Page

HPandLOTR_lover
Giddy

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2007 :  23:18:20  Show Profile  Send HPandLOTR_lover an AOL message  Send HPandLOTR_lover an ICQ Message  Click to see HPandLOTR_lover's MSN Messenger address  Send HPandLOTR_lover a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
THANK YOU FOR CLEARING THAT UP!!!

I was getting super confused. I forgot about that! haha. Because I totally thought Sirius was Sirius... then I heard ImSirius and I got confused... hah.
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2007 :  13:57:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JKRisSuperior
When did you first join HPG, Siobhan?
I don't remember exactly. It was sometime after the HPConnection disappeared into the ether. I found the Banana boards and lurked for a while. The first posting I remember were something involving Snape, chocolate, and dancing naked in the dungeon. It had to be after GoF, since that's when I started reading the series, so that would make it around 2000.

Deliberatley causing mayhem in Snape's Potions class.
Member of the HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

dobbygirl
Barmy

USA
300 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2007 :  19:42:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome! I definately remember the names from the banana boards, but I was more of a lurker back then. Although, I was quite active on the chat at that time. I'm still just amazed that you even found us...I didn't think we were that high on the links when it came to Harry Potter.

Proud member of SINUS

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2007 :  19:06:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm still here, if you remember me. It's nice to have some old faces on the board. I hope LoriAnne's wedding went well. I'm bad at keeping touch with old members. Every once in a while I hear from Lila, aka Scarlet_Rose_Lupin, but I don't have MSN Messanger on my new computer so I haven't talked to her in awhile.

Current location: Laying low at Lupin's
Go to Top of Page

HPandLOTR_lover
Giddy

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2008 :  17:55:17  Show Profile  Send HPandLOTR_lover an AOL message  Send HPandLOTR_lover an ICQ Message  Click to see HPandLOTR_lover's MSN Messenger address  Send HPandLOTR_lover a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
So, apparently Jules (Woodstarling) and I are really bad at keeping up with things. We pretty much came back...but didn't at the same time... hahahah. A second ago on MSN I said to her "You know what sucks? That HPG Chat doesn't exist." And we talked about how we used to come home and get online to talk to everybody on the HPG chat thing. I miss that sooo much. haha. Well, I'm going to make another attempt to keep up with these forums. I'm so forgetful...
Go to Top of Page

woodstarling
Giddy

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2008 :  18:14:04  Show Profile  Visit woodstarling's Homepage  Send woodstarling an AOL message  Reply with Quote
SARAH AND I ARE TEH SUX0RZ

But yes. I was at school. I'm pulling that out and using it as my excuse.

..Sarah's into High School Musical now.

<--- AHHAHAHAHHA SQUID
Go to Top of Page

Wildchild
Giddy

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2008 :  18:24:58  Show Profile  Visit Wildchild's Homepage  Send Wildchild an AOL message  Send Wildchild a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
HPG CHAT!!!

We had such great times, didn't we? *le sigh*

"I'm Switzerland."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
St Mungo's © 2010 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
HP Galleries Wing at St Mungo's is in no way affiliated with JK Rowling, her publishers, Warner Brothers, any of its partners within the Harry Potter franchise, or any religious or healthcare institution.