Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  17:26:50  Show Profile Send Siobhan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Let's see, who do we have?

Dolores Umbridge......... Imelda Staunton
Bellatrix Lestrange...... Helena Bonham Carter
Sybill Trelawney......... Emma Thompson (returning)

Anyone else?

Deliberatley causing mayhem in Snape's Potions class.
Member of the HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  18:50:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmmm...

Gary Oldman returning as Sirius Black
Natalia Tena as Tonks
George, that guy from Raiders (Henderson?), as Kingsley Shackelbolt
Go to Top of Page

Joyful
Giddy

Canada
32 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  23:07:11  Show Profile  Visit Joyful's Homepage  Click to see Joyful's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
http://imdb.com/title/tt0373889/fullcredits

Order of the Bookmark
Do you know that everytime you're near, everybody else seems far away?
So can you come and make them disappear?
Go to Top of Page

dobbygirl
Barmy

USA
300 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2006 :  08:29:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, it's a good sign that they have the Dursley's down as part of the cast. I just wish they had pics of the young Marauders.

Proud member of SINUS

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2006 :  12:40:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And hopefully we'll have David Thewlis minus the mustache. Please, please shave it off.

Current location: Laying low at Lupin's
Go to Top of Page

Jewlz
Addled

Canada
60 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2006 :  20:29:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was just surfing the web and came across this website that has pics of some of the crew for OoTP.
http://www.harrypotterspage.com/images/photogallery/thumbnails.php?album=112

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2006 :  05:57:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love the pictures of Young James and Young Sirius... especially the one of James on the pink thing with the girl on the back. They look like a right pair of lads.

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles
Haggy is (probably not) Cactus!
Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2006 :  11:51:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Young Lupin is up somewhere too. I saw it last night.

I want to see leaked photos from the set! Nothing is coming out. I'm only curious about what the actrees playing Tonks looks like in character. I've seen her in some avatars photoshoped to look like Tonks and do not like what I see. But I know she may look completely different in the movie.

And I want to see if Lupin has the mustache.

Do you think the female fan hormones will be going wild? Not only do we have Sirius and Remus back, but we have have young marauders too. Now if only they'd find someway to bring back Oliver Wood the movie would be perfect.

I'm also glad that Rupert got a haircut and hopes he keeps it short. I like red-haired guys, I like long-haired guys, but I do not like long red-haired guys.

Edited by - Jokelly on 06/20/2006 11:57:35
Go to Top of Page

Eeyore
Barmy

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2006 :  13:43:06  Show Profile  Send Eeyore a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, it looks like Dan's hair is shorter too. I didn't mind the long hair, but sometimes it was a bit too long.

It's good to see the pics of young James and Sirius, but they still don't look like my mental picture. And honestly, why didn't they just have Dan play young James--it would drive the point home even more that he looks just like his dad, "with deliberate mistakes". That couldn't have been that hard to do something to make him look a little different. Oh well.

I'm the same about the actress playing Tonks. I'm sure she'll be fine, but I've only seen very serious pictures of her and don't remember her in any of her movies.

We should all send David Thewlis a razor, but has he already done his filming? It might be too late.

Funny to see a pic of Mrs. Figg. I realized I didn't have a clear image of what she looks like--just batty is all that's required. The rest all look good. I can't wait to see Imelda Staunton. I think she'll be great. She was in Nanny McPhee--still not an Umbridge character, as she's nice--but with the curly hair and round face, she'll make a great looking Umbridge.

They are being a bit cagey about photos this go round aren't they? A few of the places or a set, and that's it. [dead]

Eeyore

Order of the Bookmark
Member of HPEW & HPCS appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

sunsethill
Confunded

USA
653 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2006 :  14:09:40  Show Profile  Visit sunsethill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jokelly

And hopefully we'll have David Thewlis minus the mustache. Please, please shave it off.

Oh, yes!! Please shave it off!!

quote:
Now if only they'd find someway to bring back Oliver Wood the movie would be perfect.

I'm also glad that Rupert got a haircut and hopes he keeps it short. I like red-haired guys, I like long-haired guys, but I do not like long red-haired guys.

JoKelly, I think we must be twins separated at birth. You express my sentiments exactly. My kids were re-watching SS recently, and I happened to catch the scene with Oliver Wood telling Harry about Quidditch. I had forgotten how adorable he is. And all that long red hair. Yuck! Is this some kind of English preference? Or do they think all wizards have long hair? So far, we only seem to see adult wizards with long hair.

Order of the Bookmark
Member HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e qua non
Go to Top of Page

diricawl
Looney

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2006 :  14:10:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Evanna Lynch is cute. She seems kooky enough for Luna, with her HP obsession (Pot? Me? Black? Oh no!).

Apparently Helen McCrory's out as Bellatrix. She got preggy, as Bridget Jones's Mum calls it. So it's Helena Bonham Carter, they say.

Order of the Bookmark

As to the avatar, well, if you girls can all have Alan Rickman...

"They don't want the Easter Bunny's power; The children in our generation want Harry's power, and they're getting it." - Laura Mallory
Go to Top of Page

Myf
Confunded

571 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  21:06:31  Show Profile  Visit Myf's Homepage  Click to see Myf's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
How many times have they cast Bella? It seems like this is person number 3 or 4. Maybe I'm confusing fan speculation with actual casting.

I like the look of Luna, too.

If you're looking for trouble you found it.
Professor Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

diricawl
Looney

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2006 :  04:34:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Naah. Helen McCrory was in Yate's sights from day one. Fans just wanted an American because they have no imagination.

Order of the Bookmark

"They don't want the Easter Bunny's power; The children in our generation want Harry's power, and they're getting it." - Laura Mallory
Go to Top of Page

Myf
Confunded

571 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2006 :  05:21:16  Show Profile  Visit Myf's Homepage  Click to see Myf's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You know, the actual film will be released here about 3-4 months after its release in the UK/US.

Can we say pirated copies flooding the market?

Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2006 :  18:45:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree that they should have had Dan play James. But young!Sirius is perfect. He looks dangerous and reckless which is exactly how Sirius should come across. I can't wait to see young!Severus though!

PS: Any guesses as to what the scene is with Pettigrew and Mrs. Figg? Perhaps I just have a mental block, but I can't think of anything in canon that this could be.

quote:
You know, the actual film will be released here about 3-4 months after its release in the UK/US.

You're kidding?!

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"

Edited by - Theowyn on 07/05/2006 18:54:32
Go to Top of Page

fox
Addled

United Kingdom
55 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  04:45:52  Show Profile  Click to see fox's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Dan playing James would be genius but they're bound to be clueless enough not to see what's right before their eyes. Not feeling the short hair at all.

I am SO looking forward to this movie. I think it's the most anticipated one out of them all...well apart from the first.

"stand up and take out your wand, Potter"
order of the bookmark

Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  13:59:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fox

I am SO looking forward to this movie. I think it's the most anticipated one out of them all...well apart from the first.

Agreed. I can't wait to see how they spin the whole background with the Marauders and the Occlumency lessons.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  17:54:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OotP will probably have an easier time pleasing fans because it actually stands a chance of being more entertaining than the book. Very few people I know have read OotP over and over, and would say that it's their favorite book. It's not like PoA and GoF, which are so well-memorized and loved that hardly any movie could measure up.

The biggest challenge will be deciding which details to keep and which to cut. I think I actually might enjoy the story more after it's pared down, as long as it's done well.

Edited by - n/a on 07/07/2006 17:55:59
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  19:11:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pesky Pixie

OotP will probably have an easier time pleasing fans because it actually stands a chance of being more entertaining than the book. Very few people I know have read OotP over and over, and would say that it's their favorite book. It's not like PoA and GoF, which are so well-memorized and loved that hardly any movie could measure up.

The biggest challenge will be deciding which details to keep and which to cut. I think I actually might enjoy the story more after it's pared down, as long as it's done well.

Here, here! I agree whole-heartedly! Even JKR said that the book was bloated. And for those who may not know or remember, OotP was definitely not my favorite book. Definitely not. I'm crossing my fingers that the movie is better.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"
Go to Top of Page

Newguise
Barmy

United Kingdom
269 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2006 :  16:53:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gosh, did you have trouble with the lack of editing on Book 5 Theowyn? I vaguely remeber something about that . I can't wait to see the Ministry of Magic and the big fight at the end! I don't think I can make that sound any more shallow, but think of the rooms we had there, it is mind-blowing scenery (well, yeah, CGI) and the characters are ignoring it all and just duelling each other. That will be cool. I am also really keen to see Grimmauld Place. I think it is the scenery or the locations that I want to see in this one. There is a lot of emotion, but it might be the case, that reading the book gets that across more powerfully.

The one thing that surprises me when I go back to OotP, is just how incredibly funny it is in places. Fred and George are at their comic best, and all the united students and teachers who hate Umbridge could make for great cinema.

Newguise xxx
Go to Top of Page

U-No-Poo
Addled

133 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2006 :  21:55:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's true that not many like OotP that much, but for me it competes with HBP as my favourite of the series! I loved the length. I found all the detail in the writing made the tale even more gripping. And there's so many cool ideas and scenes. It's also very funny, although not as much as GoF and HBP. And I do re-read it alot.
No Mundungus Fletcher in the movie?
I wonder what Harry's possession will look like, because in the book they only describe how Harry felt; it's all very abstract. Like with the dementor attacks, they'll have to find a way of showing it onscreen.
I hope that since they have cast Dawlish, that scene in DD's office will be kept. It would not be the same without Phineas' remark, though.

Order of the Bookmark

Edited by - U-No-Poo on 07/14/2006 21:58:39
Go to Top of Page

fox
Addled

United Kingdom
55 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2006 :  07:11:29  Show Profile  Click to see fox's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
So helena's on bored then

http://showbiz.sky.com/showbiz/article/0,,50001-1229520,00.html

"stand up and take out your wand, Potter"
order of the bookmark

Go to Top of Page

diricawl
Looney

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2006 :  07:31:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope not. The last thing we need is her trashing the filmmaking experience as boring in the press

Order of the Bookmark

Edited by - diricawl on 08/02/2006 07:31:49
Go to Top of Page

MrBen
Barmy

Australia
284 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2006 :  18:13:15  Show Profile  Visit MrBen's Homepage  Send MrBen an AOL message  Click to see MrBen's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I thought that OotP needed a lot of editing (like the first 100 pages should have been cut) but it is my favourite book of the series. It's very dark in places but has some very dry humour. Hermione has a line about the DA coins that kept me amused for some time.

How they'll pare it down for the movie I don't know.
Go to Top of Page

Tsuki Keta
Addled

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2006 :  01:05:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by diricawl
Apparently Helen McCrory's out as Bellatrix. She got preggy, as Bridget Jones's Mum calls it.

If I'd gotten that role I'd have been bummed to give it up. But having Damian Lewis's baby is too good of a trade-off. Like...a really niiiice trade-off ( )

Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2006 :  14:54:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
But having Damian Lewis's baby is too good of a trade-off. Like...a really niiiice trade-off ( )

Amen to that, Tsuki.

Go to Top of Page

diricawl
Looney

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2006 :  15:30:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What do you girls know Damien Lewis from? I only know him from that stupid Stephen King movie Dreamcatcher.

Order of the Bookmark

Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2006 :  15:59:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He was in Band of Brothers. Usually I don't watch war shows, but my dad has watched this everytime it's been on television so I've seen most of it, some episodes more than others.

Go to Top of Page

Tsuki Keta
Addled

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2006 :  19:23:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hehe...somehow I knew it'd be you to respond to my comment.

Sometimes I feel like you and I are 1950's girls getting all giddy over dreamy boys

heh...*sighs* he's just the dreamiest, isn't he?
Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2006 :  22:38:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hehe, Tsuki, my neice is now getting the age where she's doing it too. I've never quite gotten over my oggling and sighing stage. In fact, I was doing it tonight at the ballgame.

Edited by - Jokelly on 08/13/2006 22:38:54
Go to Top of Page

Myf
Confunded

571 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2006 :  01:57:52  Show Profile  Visit Myf's Homepage  Click to see Myf's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
How did I miss the news that there's a rumour that Jessica Stevenson (from Spaced and Shaun of the Dead) has been asked to play Mafalda Hopkirk from the MoM?

That would be cool. Daisy would have loved the idea of magic. And Tim would be all outwardly scornful but inwardly seething with jealousy that other people get to be actual wizards.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
St Mungo's © 2010 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
HP Galleries Wing at St Mungo's is in no way affiliated with JK Rowling, her publishers, Warner Brothers, any of its partners within the Harry Potter franchise, or any religious or healthcare institution.