Directed Dreaming
 The Young Marauders and Snape
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2007 :  18:10:07  Show Profile Send Theowyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here are the first images I've seen of the boys form the Pensieve:

http://www.harrymedia.com/img/details.php?image_id=22789

http://www.harrymedia.com/img/details.php?image_id=22788

I think casting did a fantastic job. James really does remind me of Dan. Sirius is great and Severus looks perfect. If they can act as well, the scene should be wonderful.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"

sunsethill
Confunded

USA
653 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2007 :  18:56:46  Show Profile  Visit sunsethill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree that Severus is perfect. Even the expression was excellent. Peter was great also, and Remus was fine. But I'm not so sure about James. I think I'll need to actually see him in action. His messy hair just looked uncombed to me, rather than naturally untameable--if that makes any sense. I think the actor will need to display some on-screen charisma--but since I've never liked James, even before the OotP revelations, what do I care?

Order of the Bookmark
Member HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e qua non
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2007 :  19:52:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sunsethill

I agree that Severus is perfect. Even the expression was excellent.
Yes, he's got the sullen, resentful look down pat. What really caught my attention (and this may sound silly) were his hands. They are long and elegant - exactly as I have always pictured Snape's hands to be. I'm not sure why. Something about his brilliance at potion-brewing I think.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"

Edited by - Theowyn on 02/23/2007 20:10:18
Go to Top of Page

sunsethill
Confunded

USA
653 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2007 :  16:36:56  Show Profile  Visit sunsethill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have to agree that I have always pictured Snape's hands as long and elegant, too. I suppose they could be strong and chunky from all the chopping, but the grace of movement that is described for him seems to suggest graceful hands, too. And the young actor's hands are definitely elegant.

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e qua non
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2007 :  20:08:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sunsethill

I have to agree that I have always pictured Snape's hands as long and elegant, too. I suppose they could be strong and chunky from all the chopping, but the grace of movement that is described for him seems to suggest graceful hands, too.

You've hit it spot on, SH! It's Snape's gracefulness that has always made me think he should have graceful hands. Funny the associations we make, but as unattractive as Snape is, I can't imagine him with ugly hands.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"
Go to Top of Page

Starling
Confunded

United Kingdom
701 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2007 :  13:36:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
James's hair looks extremely neat to me. I repeat the mantra I've always used for Harry: can't they afford a pot of hair gel?

I wuv multicoloured werewolf puppies.
"When Mister Safety Catch Is Not On, Mister Crossbow Is Not Your Friend."
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2007 :  15:00:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A little fun for everyone who likes Snape's hands:

http://www.geocities.com/alanrickmanquiz/handsquiz.html
Go to Top of Page

sunsethill
Confunded

USA
653 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2007 :  15:26:35  Show Profile  Visit sunsethill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That was fun! I did abysmally, because I haven't seen enough of Rickman's movies, but I have always noticed how he used his hands in the movies I have seen. ALMOST as good as his voice!

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e qua non
Go to Top of Page

Starling
Confunded

United Kingdom
701 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2007 :  15:52:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got almost all of them right *looks sheepish*

I wuv multicoloured werewolf puppies.
"When Mister Safety Catch Is Not On, Mister Crossbow Is Not Your Friend."

Edited by - Starling on 02/24/2007 15:53:19
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
St Mungo's © 2010 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
HP Galleries Wing at St Mungo's is in no way affiliated with JK Rowling, her publishers, Warner Brothers, any of its partners within the Harry Potter franchise, or any religious or healthcare institution.