Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2006 :  20:02:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, that place is really beautiful! Lucky you!
Go to Top of Page

Starling
Confunded

United Kingdom
701 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  06:29:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Random peeve:

I'm always the one who has to deal with any horribleness on my forums. The mods ignore it, even though I keep them informed about it (we currently have someone who insists that people she doesn't like shouldn't be allowed on the forums, and is threatening to be very rude to them). But I can't think of anyone else who could mod better. Sigh.

I wuv multicoloured werewolf puppies.
"When Mister Safety Catch Is Not On, Mister Crossbow Is Not Your Friend."
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  11:32:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know what I miss? Warning levels. I'd really like a warning now and then. Sigh.

And I love you, I love you, I love you.
Like never before, like never before.

Go to Top of Page

Starling
Confunded

United Kingdom
701 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  14:21:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awwww.

Hmm, maybe you could do something to deserve it first?

Go to Top of Page

JKRisSuperior
Mediwizard

USA
694 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  14:28:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Consider yourself warned, AMC.
Go to Top of Page

Unicorn8
Barmy

Germany
319 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2007 :  12:46:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I watched the Russian National Ballet dancing Swan Lake yesterday. It was simply great. I usually do not like ballet, but this one was really good. OK, I have to admit that I cheated: I watched an animated cartoon telling the story of "Swan Lake" last week, so that I would be able to understand what was going on.

Order of the Bookmark
Proud Member of S.I.N.E.

"Always"

WWLLD
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  09:57:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love the music to Swan Lake. Thinking about Swan Lake and fairy tales also makes me want to watch that old movie Hans Christian Anderson with Danny Kaye. I never did figure out why he was so hung up on the ballet dancer, but the music was good too. I used to love that movie when I was a kid.
Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  12:11:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I was little used I loved to watch those horrible Pippi Longstocking movies from the 70s with the bad dubbing on Saturday afternoons. They recently rereleased them on DVD, but the appeal is gone as they have redubbed them. Do they not realize the appeal was the bad dubbing to begin with!

Current location: Laying low at Lupin's
Go to Top of Page

Unicorn8
Barmy

Germany
319 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2007 :  14:32:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I loved those movies , too. Last month, they were showing them on German TV on the weekends!

Order of the Bookmark
Proud Member of S.I.N.E.

"Always"

WWLLD
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2007 :  01:35:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks JKRis but I don't feel warned ENOUGH - I don't have a single little red mark next to my name. It's just.. not the same.

And there's not enough people around to do something really shocking.

You know one of my favorite memories of HPG? The year I posted a "I'm leaving the board and this is my final post explaining why" on IR on April 1st. I did this long and self-involved post about how shocking the HPG posters morals were and how I'd just had enough of the board and I wasn't being treated well enough and on and on... I'm sure we've all read enough of those posts to know what they're like. Several people took it on themselves to say good-bye and good riddance in the spirit of the day but one poster had NO idea it was April 1st and kept really slamming me saying "Go away! Can't you tell we don't want you anyway? Why are you still posting if you're leaving - just leave!" as I went on in my endlessly repetitive "this is my LAST final good-bye" posts. I laughed myself silly.

But without enough people it's tough to get anyone going for long.

Go to Top of Page

JKRisSuperior
Mediwizard

USA
694 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2007 :  10:10:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember that. Did you do that on the banana boards while the yo-yo was on one of its many downtimes?
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2007 :  12:23:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No - this was definitely post banana board. The next year I fell in lurve with Severus Snape for a day which was fun too but not as much fun... so it had to have been 3 years ago? The bananas went away for the last time right around the publishing date for OotP so... 4 years ago?

Go to Top of Page

Cour_Delafleur
Confunded

Canada
714 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2007 :  21:58:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, bananas went down 4 years ago around this time. I only had about a month on the bananas before the yo-yos were created.

"I think she's magic," said Nor.
________"You, you think everything's magic," Manek said. "Stupid girl."
____"Well, everything is," said Nor. - Wicked

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2007 :  22:44:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And Nuggy had a great little pub she set up for us to drink at while we were waiting for OotP to be published. She served a different ale each night, with a "HP" theme to each one. And Diri and I sang verses of Drunken Sailor in the pub as the banana boards sailed into oblivion. *sniff* I'm getting all sentimental now.

Nuggy's pub got converted to a tea-shop in the new boards because the Yo-yos had rules about even mentioning alcohol! So that's the original reason behind the creation of Madame Puddifoots. And it's also why there's always been a small pub attached to the back of the tea-shop..

Edited by - AMC on 01/30/2007 22:45:27
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  08:25:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Four Years! *goggles* How time flies. Ahhh ... Madam Puddifoot's back room. The tea room proper always scared me off a bit, what with all the doilies and confetti, but the back room was lots of fun. You never knew what was lurking in the corners.
Go to Top of Page

Unicorn8
Barmy

Germany
319 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  12:39:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just got to know that I have to give a presentations for the general management of the company I am working at. There will be around 50 people there. I just hope that they won't ask too much questions, that the computer will work properly and that I will survive this event.

Order of the Bookmark
Proud Member of S.I.N.E.

"Always"

WWLLD
Go to Top of Page

Starling
Confunded

United Kingdom
701 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  13:08:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eep, good luck!

Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  13:44:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Luck U8!

Go to Top of Page

JKRisSuperior
Mediwizard

USA
694 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2007 :  13:53:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck, U8! Just in case, arrive about an hour before everyone else is supposed to show up and check the equipment, room temp, and the seating arrangement.
Go to Top of Page

Cour_Delafleur
Confunded

Canada
714 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2007 :  07:00:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck! We're practicing stuff like that in one of my classes right now. We're given a case to study on a company or product that has not done as well as projected. Two groups act as a marketing team proposing strategies to turn the company or product around using marketing. They present their cases to the class (who are supposed to be the company's management team) and we vote on the presentation we would pick. I know it's not the same, but it's nice to know that stuff I'm doing now is stuff I will have to do in the future, even though I'm only in first year.

On another note... tonight(or rather, this morning) was a first for me... my first time waking up with a stranger in his underwear standing over my bed. My roommate brought him home and then decided she had to sleep so she could make her 8:30 class, but he couldn't sleep and wanted to see if I had any water. To make matters worse, I was planning on getting up at 6:30 anyway to finish an essay that I was too tired to finish last night, and once this guy woke me up I couldn't get back to sleep and figured I might as well work on it. So I was sitting at my desk writing my essay and trying to ignore him as he sort of hovered in the middle of the room, not sure of what to do. Then he asked me if he could use my bed if I wasn't because my roommate wouldn't let him back in hers. I said yes just so he'd stop hovering and so I could ignore him. Then my roommate woke up and kicked him out.

To sum it all up: I have probably just had the most awkward hour of my life so far. The only good thing is this guy goes to the other university in the city so I'll probably never see him again.

Order of the Bookmark

Edited by - Cour_Delafleur on 02/01/2007 07:09:02
Go to Top of Page

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2007 :  11:19:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ooh, awkward! Ah, the joys of having a roommate.

Good luck with your presentation, U8!

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles
Haggy is (probably not) Cactus!
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2007 :  11:36:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm in hysterics - SHE brought him home but kicked him out of bed and wouldn't let him back in to sleep?

Go to Top of Page

Cour_Delafleur
Confunded

Canada
714 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2007 :  11:55:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah... she was pretty out of it last night. That's not as bad as one of my friends though who made this guy walk her home from a party and then when she got back to residence started screaming "THIS GUY FOLLOWED ME HOME!" and the guy ran away.

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2007 :  12:54:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cour! I can't believe the guy asked to sleep in your bed after she wouldn't let him back in hers. That's too funny! But unbelievabley awkward for you, and on a school morning to boot ... I hope your roomate learns to be more considerate in the future. Hang in there!
Go to Top of Page

Unicorn8
Barmy

Germany
319 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2007 :  14:28:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks @ll. I just found out that the head of our corporate HR department will also be there to listen to my presentation. If anybody knows a good hiding place, I'd rather appreciate it now.

Cour, what an awkward situation. What would campus life be without the joys of having a roommate?

Order of the Bookmark
Proud Member of S.I.N.E.

"Always"

WWLLD
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2007 :  15:20:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Luck U8! Don't worry - if you mess up, they won't fire you. It's never as big a deal as it seems to present to management - I mean, don't tell any dirty jokes or anything but as long as you're professional with your talk, you'll be fine.

Go to Top of Page

Cour_Delafleur
Confunded

Canada
714 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2007 :  04:20:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pesky Pixie

Cour! I can't believe the guy asked to sleep in your bed after she wouldn't let him back in hers. That's too funny! But unbelievabley awkward for you, and on a school morning to boot ... I hope your roomate learns to be more considerate in the future. Hang in there!

Oh my roommate is pretty considerate. She feels really bad about it now and is really embarrassed about the whole thing. She told the guy flat out that nothing could happen because I was there (I was awake for this) but he just didn't get it. Anyway... We get along great, we're even living together next year too.

Order of the Bookmark

Edited by - Cour_Delafleur on 02/02/2007 04:22:18
Go to Top of Page

Unicorn8
Barmy

Germany
319 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2007 :  03:14:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My presentation was really good. I had to use a microphone (which I had never done before) and that was a bit strange at first, but I got used to it rather quickly. The leader of the HR department even came to me afterwards and told me that he liked my presentation very much. The presentation was scheduled to take 1 1/2 hours, but I only needed 1 hour and I think everybody was glad about that.

Order of the Bookmark
Proud Member of S.I.N.E.

"Always"

WWLLD
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2007 :  09:23:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations, U8! I knew you'd do great!
Go to Top of Page

diricawl
Looney

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2007 :  10:53:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to say that an article I worked on for a year on Wikipedia finally got featured status:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_System

Order of the Bookmark

As to the avatar, well, if you girls can all have Alan Rickman...

"They don't want the Easter Bunny's power; The children in our generation want Harry's power, and they're getting it." - Laura Mallory

Edited by - diricawl on 02/18/2007 10:53:37
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
St Mungo's © 2010 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
HP Galleries Wing at St Mungo's is in no way affiliated with JK Rowling, her publishers, Warner Brothers, any of its partners within the Harry Potter franchise, or any religious or healthcare institution.