Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2006 :  11:06:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm jealous, really. Garlic's my favorite. It's wonderful just roasted and spread over bread.

The only people I ever knew who went to private school were ones who went to Catholic school. I did once go to a wedding that was held at a high-brow private school in Virginia. I guess a lot of government officals sent their girls there. Let me just say that I was glad I never went there. The girls slept in outdoor enclosed porches all year round with no heating because the school's founder believed that girls needed fresh crisp air. Virginia can get mighty cold in the winter, especially sleeping on one of those porches.

Current location: Laying low at Lupin's

Edited by - Jokelly on 07/30/2006 11:06:59
Go to Top of Page

Cour_Delafleur
Confunded

Canada
714 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2006 :  16:31:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by devika

hey! im from t.o. and i dont think unwell of anyone, just cause they're not from toronto.

Sorry, it was a generalization. And I was joking anyway. But I was looking around on Facebook and there's a group called "We're from Toronto so we don't like you". But, then again, I'm in a group called "We're in Commerce so you should hate us", and I don't really want anyone to hate me. Anyway...

"I think she's magic," said Nor.
________"You, you think everything's magic," Manek said. "Stupid girl."
____"Well, everything is," said Nor. - Wicked

Order of the Bookmark

Edited by - Cour_Delafleur on 07/30/2006 16:35:10
Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2006 :  18:57:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think my cat wants attention. It just crawled up the back of my computer chair and now sitting in my lap. He's usually not one for attention, usually, but when he wants pet he's relentless. Sometimes he surprises me because he likes to sit inside my computer armoire which is black and he is completely black and blends in. I'll have the keyboard tray pulled out and he'll put his paw up through the crack and swat at my hand as I'm using the mouse or typing. I thought my heart stopped the first time he did this.

Go to Top of Page

devika
Giddy

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2006 :  19:12:40  Show Profile  Send devika an AOL message  Click to see devika's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
just got back from the garlic festival. my breath stinks, obviously. they had garlic ice cream, garlic escargo, frog legs, kangaroo!!!, shrimp, bread, wings, artichoke....yah, i was in heaven. the only problem was it was too hot, and the food was pricey, and the portions were SMALL.
Go to Top of Page

dobbygirl
Barmy

USA
300 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2006 :  08:05:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by crispy

As I recall, when AFTTS started on the banana board, it was for really random stuff. What we write these days is positively lucid by comparison

I know. I never posted on that thread on the banana boards. It was totally nuts in there.

I have got to start keeping a better eye on my dogs. When I got home from work this morning, they were really excited and wanted out of the bathroom (we have to keep them locked up or they tear the house apart). We keep two baby gates across the door (one on top of the other) so they get some air circulation and after I got the top one down, Squeaky CLIMBED over the baby gate to get to me. He's never climbed over anything! I hope he doesn't make a habit of it, we have several gates up to keep them out of some rooms. I think I've been a little neglectful lately, but I've worked six days a week for the last two weeks cause someone's off on medical (or so she says).

Proud member of SINUS

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2006 :  21:54:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm too hot to do anything. I went to the bathroom tonight and didn't want to leave it because it's in the basement and about 10 degrees cooler down there. I also considered that if I clean it out and remove the shelves, I could fit inside my upright freezer. It's that hot. We have air conditioning in the living room, but it's so hot it doesn't feel like it's working. The whole week is supposed to be in the 90s with high humidity.

I'm going to make an appointment tomorrow got get my hair cut. The bangs are definitely coming back. I'm a bangs gal. It's not because they're coming back in style and trendy, I just feel better with bangs. I've had the all one length hair, but it's time to have a change. I'm hoping my hair dresser has an appointment open tomorrow. I hate waiting.

Edited by - Jokelly on 08/01/2006 21:55:55
Go to Top of Page

Foebane
Addled

United Kingdom
102 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2006 :  04:36:12  Show Profile  Visit Foebane's Homepage  Reply with Quote
An update on my story of the TV being nicked from my fellow tenant's room:

The woman who took the set said it was hers and never sold it to the Czech guy. She really laid into me, said I'd landed her right in it by nearly getting in trouble with the police.

She also said, she didn't break into the room, she merely unscrewed the lock and went in. Err, yeah.

Frankly, I think she is lying, even if she asked me why she would sell the TV in the first place. I say "report her for breaking and entering".

Also, if it WAS her set, why didn't she simply wait until he came back? They were only moving a few miles away. Because, the Czech guy would've said NO, that's why.

So either she is being truthful, or the Czech guy put on a very good act about being robbed.

What do you lot think?
Go to Top of Page

JKRisSuperior
Mediwizard

USA
694 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2006 :  17:24:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the woman is a liar and a nutjob.
Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2006 :  15:12:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have bangs now. It feels weird to have them after not having them for so long. I also got my hair a little shorter than I was going to, but it needed shaped up. It's now about chin length.

Go to Top of Page

Unicorn8
Barmy

Germany
319 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2006 :  04:20:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Foebane

She also said, she didn't break into the room, she merely unscrewed the lock and went in. Err, yeah.

And she propably didn't really steal the TV, she merely borrowed it.
Some people are just

Order of the Bookmark
Proud Member of S.I.N.E.

"Always"

WWLLD
Go to Top of Page

MrBen
Barmy

Australia
284 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2006 :  04:26:09  Show Profile  Visit MrBen's Homepage  Send MrBen an AOL message  Click to see MrBen's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
... or merely performed a public duty in relocating the offending item.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2006 :  16:35:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is a cat on my sideboard that she's welcome to take. (Not really, but he does aggravate me sometimes.)
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2006 :  16:36:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whoa! I'm addled!

Edit: I just realized that is nothing new. I guess I'm really addled. Good thing I'm at St. Mungo's.

Edited by - n/a on 08/06/2006 16:38:15
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2006 :  18:55:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heehee, now I'm really going insane. I'm barmy.
Go to Top of Page

crispy
Giddy

Japan
26 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2006 :  19:18:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I used to be sane ... but I got better!

Order of the Bookmark
S.I.N.E. qua non
`Dark Puppy of the Apocalypse'
Go to Top of Page

Foebane
Addled

United Kingdom
102 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2006 :  13:23:25  Show Profile  Visit Foebane's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure I'm sane...
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2006 :  18:38:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity.

Poe, what a dear!

Deliberatley causing mayhem in Snape's Potions class.
Member of the HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Unicorn8
Barmy

Germany
319 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2006 :  12:14:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love to be as insane as I am.

Order of the Bookmark
Proud Member of S.I.N.E.

"Always"

WWLLD
Go to Top of Page

Unicorn8
Barmy

Germany
319 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2006 :  02:10:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*Bump* Come on, I am sure there a lot more insane people here!

Order of the Bookmark
Proud Member of S.I.N.E.

"Always"

WWLLD
Go to Top of Page

diricawl
Looney

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2006 :  03:41:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am completely insane. I even talk to myself in public.

Order of the Bookmark

As to the avatar, well, if you girls can all have Alan Rickman...

"They don't want the Easter Bunny's power; The children in our generation want Harry's power, and they're getting it." - Laura Mallory

Edited by - diricawl on 09/02/2006 03:42:04
Go to Top of Page

JKRisSuperior
Mediwizard

USA
694 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2006 :  09:46:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Define insane.
Go to Top of Page

Foebane
Addled

United Kingdom
102 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2006 :  10:36:56  Show Profile  Visit Foebane's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by diricawl

I am completely insane. I even talk to myself in public.

I like to talk to myself out loud as well. Once other tenants move into the house I'm in, though, I won't be able to anymore.
Go to Top of Page

diricawl
Looney

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2006 :  10:39:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Insane is behaviour that everyone else thinks is insane. If everyone acted insane, sanity would be insanity.

Order of the Bookmark

As to the avatar, well, if you girls can all have Alan Rickman...

"They don't want the Easter Bunny's power; The children in our generation want Harry's power, and they're getting it." - Laura Mallory
Go to Top of Page

Foebane
Addled

United Kingdom
102 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2006 :  14:52:55  Show Profile  Visit Foebane's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You mean, if most people acted insanely, insanity would be the new sanity - right?
Go to Top of Page

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2006 :  15:13:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So if we're all insane, then that does make insanity the new sanity - at least, within the cosy confines of St. Mungo's.

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles
Haggy is (probably not) Cactus!
Go to Top of Page

hpbailz
Giddy

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  17:25:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey long time no speak folks, hedwig found this place again and i couldnt honestly believe the same folks were still here. I feel ashamed when i realise a lot of people's commitment to this place hope you are all well.
Insane? Yep definitely, i did a neuroscience degree for pete's sake!

The whole place is pickled the people are pickles for sure and no one knows if they've done more here than they ever would do in a jar.
Go to Top of Page

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  17:37:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bailz! *hugs* That's so cool that you found us again. Can't believe you managed to locate us what with all the board moves we've gone through. Tell Hedwig to stop by and say hello!

Wow, neuroscience. I studied a little bit of neuro as part of my psychology degree and loved it. Considered doing a masters in the area but decided against it. Sort of wish I had now though! What are you up to these days?

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles
Haggy is (probably not) Cactus!
Go to Top of Page

hedwig444
Giddy

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  18:26:02  Show Profile  Visit hedwig444's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey! Bailz beat me to it!

Yeah I found this place last night. I suddenly had the urge to find it again as I've gone onto that Leaky Cauldren site a few times but can't make head nor tails of it.

I was so happy when I read the members list and all the old names were there! Hello everyone!

Treefrog if you read this congratulations to you and Mr Treefrog - she's gorgeous!

Not been able to catch up on all the gossip yet. I've been trawling through Myf's Book Club and the s.i.n.e. qua non threads. Sheesh it's good to be back!

Wiggy xx
Go to Top of Page

JKRisSuperior
Mediwizard

USA
694 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2006 :  21:13:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome back, Hedwig and Bailz!
Go to Top of Page

MrBen
Barmy

Australia
284 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  01:40:08  Show Profile  Visit MrBen's Homepage  Send MrBen an AOL message  Click to see MrBen's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I need $10,000 worth of dentistry work. Weee.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
St Mungo's © 2010 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
HP Galleries Wing at St Mungo's is in no way affiliated with JK Rowling, her publishers, Warner Brothers, any of its partners within the Harry Potter franchise, or any religious or healthcare institution.