Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2006 :  21:01:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well done, diri! Congratulations.

Glad to see you back here ... hope life's going well for you. I was beginning to get worried. :)
Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2006 :  21:47:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by diricawl

Is Bucks County flooded out?

Bucks County got hit really bad. All of eastern PA did. The Delaware and Susquehanna rivers just destroyed the towns they run through. Gov. Rendell declared a distaster emergency in 46 of 67 counties. About 70% of the state was affected by the flooding. Luckily my little corner only suffered some water in basements from too much rain. Today is the first day it hasn't rained and it looks like we may get a bit by midnight. I feel bad because they said on tv that many of the people affected won't be covered under their flood insurance policies (I don't understand flood insurance...certain causes of floods some policies won't cover).

A week and a half left until my test results come in. I hate this waiting. I want to know NOW! I've got July 11th circled. That's the day test results are mailed. I could call on the 7th, but it will cost me $25 just to call. I think I can wait a few days for the mail to come. It will just be torture until it does. My superstitious side is really kicking in these past few weeks.

Current location: Laying low at Lupin's

Edited by - Jokelly on 06/30/2006 21:58:56
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2006 :  22:28:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WooHoo! The Reds won tonight! They were down by three with two outs in the bottom of the ninth ... bases loaded, and Adam Dunn hit a grand slam. It doesn't get any better than that.
Go to Top of Page

Cour_Delafleur
Confunded

Canada
714 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2006 :  22:42:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got my marks. Some better some worse than I expected. My calculus went up by 11% which is awesome because it means that I more than met the conditions of my acceptance to Queen's, so everything is good. Overall they were pretty much the same as what I always get, with a few surprises (my Chemistry exam for one. It was higher than any mark I'd received on a test all year)

"I think she's magic," said Nor.
________"You, you think everything's magic," Manek said. "Stupid girl."
____"Well, everything is," said Nor. - Wicked

Order of the Bookmark

Edited by - Cour_Delafleur on 06/30/2006 22:43:40
Go to Top of Page

JKRisSuperior
Mediwizard

USA
694 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2006 :  23:05:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations, Cour!

I'm sure your test results will be fine, Jo.
Go to Top of Page

dobbygirl
Barmy

USA
300 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  18:15:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats Cour!

Welcome Diri!

I'm finally Addled!!!!!

Blah, it's a holiday week-end. We are going to be so slammed at work for the next three days. Last night wasn't bad, but most people were probably traveling and were too tired after traveling to go anywhere. Today, they'll be all rested and ready to gamble and drink (I feel sooooo sorry for the bar staff).

Any Americans have plans for the 4th? I have to work. I'm well compensated though; I get 2.5 times my normal pay.

Proud member of SINUS

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  19:08:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Done, Cour.

On the 4th, we usually go for a cookout and fireworks at my parents. Nothing really exciting, but it's usually a pleasant time.

Go to Top of Page

JKRisSuperior
Mediwizard

USA
694 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  19:41:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We're getting slammed to DG. Fourth of July is our busiest time of the year.
Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  22:13:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most of the communities in my area are having their fireworks tonight. I just walked up on the hillside and got to watch them from my yard. Very nice display this year. My dog is going nuts because of all the fireworks going off. She doesn't like the sound. Don't know why all the local celebrations are tonight and not the 4th. Maybe because it's on a weekday this year.

Don't know what's going on the 4th. Probably nothing exciting.

Just read this interesting article about genealogy: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13662242/. Looks like we're all decended from royalty of some sort.

quote:
Even without a documented connection to a notable forebear, experts say the odds are virtually 100 percent that every person on Earth is descended from one royal personage or another.

"Millions of people have provable descents from medieval monarchs," said Mark Humphrys, a genealogy enthusiast and professor of computer science at Dublin City University in Ireland. "The number of people with unprovable descents must be massive."

Edited by - Jokelly on 07/01/2006 22:20:05
Go to Top of Page

Cour_Delafleur
Confunded

Canada
714 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  23:27:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Canada Day! yay! I went into my city to see the fireworks with some friends of a friend of a friend... got bored after ten minutes and decided to leave and go see a movie.

It's funny, I'm wearing a sweatshirt that has CANADA written across it in big red letters. I wear it all the time, but only felt dumb wearing it today. Odd, isn't it?

And I worked all day, for which I'm hoping I get time and a half. Well, not all day, just five hours. But it took up the bulk of my day.

Order of the Bookmark

Edited by - Cour_Delafleur on 07/01/2006 23:28:51
Go to Top of Page

devika
Giddy

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2006 :  01:02:55  Show Profile  Send devika an AOL message  Click to see devika's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i work july fourth, so pay and a half for me. working in retail, thats like getting a normal, decent wage, for one day of the year. working two jobs is ruining my social life, as well as my sanity. my back hurts, it sucks to fake smiling all day, and my feet hurt. bah.

i want to go back home to toronto this summer, but my sister is takign summer school during the time the family wants to go, and somehow, with her and my schedules, we only have 5 free consecutive days to go. there were 3 go's in that sentence. wow. anywho, i haven't been back for two years now, so 5 days is definitely not worth the time or money.

i can hear fireworks outside the house.
Go to Top of Page

Unicorn8
Barmy

Germany
319 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2006 :  12:38:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I is sooo hot here. I don't like warm weather at all. Still 2 months to go before autumn begins.

Order of the Bookmark
Proud Member of S.I.N.E.

"Always"

WWLLD
Go to Top of Page

Foebane
Addled

United Kingdom
102 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2006 :  18:55:46  Show Profile  Visit Foebane's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've got just a few words of advice: If you're ever in Valencia in Spain, DON'T travel on their Underground system.
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2006 :  01:17:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm really excited that IR now has 2 pages of threads. I feel like we've "arrived"!

And I love you, I love you, I love you.
Like never before, like never before.

Go to Top of Page

JKRisSuperior
Mediwizard

USA
694 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2006 :  13:49:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, this place sure feels like home.
Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2006 :  15:10:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I slept in curlers last night and knew this morning it would be kinky curly and it was. But by afternoon it's straight again by doing nothing. Curl does not agree with my hair. All these teenage girlies worship their flat irons but if they had naturally straight hair they'd hate it. My dad recently went to a different hairdresser and she told him "Oh my gosh, I haven't seen hair like this in ages. It's china doll hair" (it's pin straight and baby fine). He told her, "I have a daughter with the same hair." Her response was an "Oh my" and not in a good way. I have to get it trimmed soon and I think I'm getting my bangs cut back in. I sure do miss them.

Many of the communities that were planning fireworks tonight have postponed them for later in the week. We're supposed to get thunderstorms tonight. Nature's own fireworks show. Shall I go outside and watch lightning flash across the sky? I'll just watch the celebrations on tv.

Edited by - Jokelly on 07/04/2006 15:14:12
Go to Top of Page

devika
Giddy

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2006 :  22:41:09  Show Profile  Send devika an AOL message  Click to see devika's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
cut my hand at work =(. the end. took forever to type this.
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2006 :  23:43:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awww! Sorry devika!

Jo, finding the right hair-cutter is key. I had a friend who fought with her totally flat, straight hair for years - never went 2 months without a perm and finally fried her hair to bits. Now she gets it cut so it lies flat the way it wants to - she looks fine and she's not FIGHTING with it all the time!

I love my hair - it's kind of messy, but it's thick and has waves. It's great for short 'dos. It's always been good hair and it's a good thing because I am SO bad at making myself up that if I had bad hair I'd just look bad. Now my hair is longer & a little wild, but I like that too.

My spouse and children are out watching the fireworks - I stayed home because I was feeling ill. I might go see if I can catch the fireworks on TV just so I can see something of what they are.

And I love you, I love you, I love you.
Like never before, like never before.

Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2006 :  00:20:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been going to my hairdresser for 15 years. She knows my hair, all my cowlicks, and is used to me changing my style all the time. I would get a pixie haircut in a minute if it fit my face, which it sadly doesn't. One thing I do love about my hair is that it's shiny and silky with now work at all.

I've noticed about young girls is that they all have the same hairdo...straightened, long, and sometimes with long side bangs (mostly not). What happened to a little variety? Let your natural waves and curls come out, don't go with fads.

Hope you're okay, Devika. Did you need stitches?

Edited by - Jokelly on 07/05/2006 00:21:36
Go to Top of Page

devika
Giddy

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2006 :  17:32:05  Show Profile  Send devika an AOL message  Click to see devika's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ugh...long story...but yah, three stitches. im just trying not to use my right hand. i got it from work =(.
Go to Top of Page

MrBen
Barmy

Australia
284 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2006 :  19:46:36  Show Profile  Visit MrBen's Homepage  Send MrBen an AOL message  Click to see MrBen's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Jo, I've absolutely noticed the same thing. The look used to be individual, but now it's a dime a dozen. I don't think the hairdressers of the world are coming up with enough... rehashed looks from previous generations (because isn't that all that fashion is?).
Go to Top of Page

fox
Addled

United Kingdom
55 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  04:29:41  Show Profile  Click to see fox's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Today I have a stong urge to eat cheese. I have cheese of some description pretty much every day but the feeling is more prominent today.

"stand up and take out your wand, Potter"
order of the bookmark

Go to Top of Page

Cour_Delafleur
Confunded

Canada
714 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  09:48:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been eating a lot of cheese lately too. Love it.

I have two days off!! Yay!!!

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page

fox
Addled

United Kingdom
55 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  12:45:12  Show Profile  Click to see fox's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've just had two days off...amd now I have another. Double yay!!!!

order of the bookmark

Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  13:45:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had a Spam sandwich for lunch. I don't eat it often, but it's not that bad.

Go to Top of Page

devika
Giddy

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  15:30:13  Show Profile  Send devika an AOL message  Click to see devika's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i just finished the Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood. Such a good book.

and i too love cheese. especially pepperjack.
Go to Top of Page

Cour_Delafleur
Confunded

Canada
714 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2006 :  00:43:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today, I bought an iPod, I ordered my new laptop and went to see "Pirates!". As a result, I am frustrated with my computer (which decided not to work on me for a few hours), entertained, in love with Orlando Bloom again, and broke!

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page

fox
Addled

United Kingdom
55 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2006 :  04:02:01  Show Profile  Click to see fox's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I am particularly sleepier than normal this morning but I was awoken by Sinatra singing witchcraft. I am content.

order of the bookmark

Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2006 :  11:01:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am fighting temptation to call in for my Praxis test scores. They're available by phone as of yesterday, but it costs $25 to call. They mail them out on the 11th and take a few days then I'll see the results for free. It's just torture knowing they're available and still not having them, but I refuse to further fund ETS, a very evil organization, anymore than necessary. So I must wait another week to find out my fate.

Edited by - Jokelly on 07/08/2006 11:02:22
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2006 :  21:51:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oooh, your results should be in soon, Jo!

Deliberatley causing mayhem in Snape's Potions class.
Member of the HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
St Mungo's © 2010 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
HP Galleries Wing at St Mungo's is in no way affiliated with JK Rowling, her publishers, Warner Brothers, any of its partners within the Harry Potter franchise, or any religious or healthcare institution.