Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

SweetPea
Addled

Canada
184 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2007 :  11:17:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is a very probable chance that I am going to have to miss the midnight release of Harry Potter. I will be having Day Survery 18 hours before, and my doctor told me that I have to take two weeks off of work. This is making it sound like I'm going to be bedridden for the release. I am not impressed.

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Unicorn8
Barmy

Germany
319 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2007 :  14:17:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That sucks! I hope you will be able to go to the midnight release despite the surgery. Anyway, at least you will have enough time to read the book while you are at home.

Order of the Bookmark
Proud Member of S.I.N.E.

"Always"

WWLLD
Go to Top of Page

gimu
Addled

Ireland
209 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2007 :  16:10:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey unicorn8 - that just sounds terrible! I'm sure it must be working differently to where I lived - I lived in Bayern so?? I only earned 600euro per month at one stage, and I could still get the full insurance (at least it was as far as I was aware - with Techniker Krankenkasse) I still had to pay 10 euro for each doc I visited, but it didn't seem so expensive. I can't believe there are such problems in Germany! Well I suppose its like how we'd expect to have clean water here in Ireland... Have you heard about the faeces in the water in Galway?
I hope you get sorted soon - it does seem ridiculous.
All the best...
Go to Top of Page

SweetPea
Addled

Canada
184 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2007 :  10:53:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had my surgery yesterday, and everything went well! I am starting to be more optimistic about being able to go to the midnight release! Wish me luck!

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2007 :  12:11:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good luck, SweetPea! We're pulling for you!

Current location: Laying low at Lupin's
Go to Top of Page

Cour_Delafleur
Confunded

Canada
714 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2007 :  10:01:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad to hear everything went well SweetPea!

So on Facebook you can give "gifts" to people for $1. Anyway... for the past week the gifts have been things like a pair of round, black rimmed glasses held together with tape, or a wizard's had, or a wand, etc.

"I think she's magic," said Nor.
________"You, you think everything's magic," Manek said. "Stupid girl."
____"Well, everything is," said Nor. - Wicked

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page

hedwig444
Giddy

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2007 :  20:13:59  Show Profile  Visit hedwig444's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've been away for a (long) while but just to let you know I'm still dedicated to HP. I walked to Asda on my own in the rain to get the book at midnight. I am now going to get no sleep at all while I read it and then I shall be off to Edinburgh to visit Bailz and see the movie and generally have a fun Harry Potter Weekend up in Edinburgh.

Happy reading everyone!

Wx

Wiggy xx
Go to Top of Page

devika
Giddy

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  01:11:44  Show Profile  Send devika an AOL message  Click to see devika's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
AUGH! i'm going crazy...summer school grades were posted today, but the school website is down from 8pm to 11pm. I've been waiting since 8:30 for my grades and I'm having a panic attack. I have no idea how I did in one of my classes...49 minutes to go =(.
Go to Top of Page

Cour_Delafleur
Confunded

Canada
714 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  21:14:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ugh that would drive me crazy too devika.

So... if you don't have a problem with musicals, GO SEE HAIRSPRAY! When I wasn't laughing I was sitting there with a huge stupid grin on my face. It was just so FUN.

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2007 :  21:44:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Better than the original? It's been getting great reviews, but I can't imagine it topping the campy cult John Waters original film.

Go to Top of Page

devika
Giddy

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2007 :  15:34:01  Show Profile  Send devika an AOL message  Click to see devika's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i loved hairspray! hehe, i saw it right before picking up my hp book at midnight! i couldnt' stop laughing, especially when john travolta and christopher walken shared a scene.
Go to Top of Page

Cour_Delafleur
Confunded

Canada
714 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2007 :  19:35:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't seen the original so I can't compare. I've heard the tone is a little different though. It's based more on the musical.

I've now seen it three times (I'm obsessed... and people I knew kept asking me to go and I kept saying yes) and every time the audience got bigger. I'm guessing it's because of people like me who keep telling everyone they know to go see it. I went to get the soundtrack and it was sold out in all seven stores that I went to. I eventually found it at a grocery store.

It was 37oC today... in the shade. Rediculously hot. It's supposed to be the same tomorrow too. And then cold and rainy for the weekend

Order of the Bookmark

Edited by - Cour_Delafleur on 07/26/2007 19:37:45
Go to Top of Page

thekingofbums
Giddy

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2007 :  17:46:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my middle finger on my right hand is in a splint. i popped it out of its socket yesterday when i went bowling. i was drunk enough to where i just wrenched back into its socket and continued bowling. now typing is a chore.

hi.
Go to Top of Page

msulizzy11
Addled

USA
55 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  15:24:47  Show Profile  Click to see msulizzy11's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ahhhhh! The memories.

I have a thing or two to say about my brand-spanking-new laptop with Windows Vista aka My #1 Aggravation at the moment. I'm not computer illiterate. In fact, I'm quite literate and almost got a job setting up networks for businesses...then I did all this art stuff and the rest is history. ANYWAY Vista is annoying. And I want to smack Bill Gates for it. Whot an idiot. {/rant}

Other than that I'm good and I want to encourage everyone to start biking everywhere bc it's very good for you and I don't mind looking like a nerd.

Order of the Bookmark
Fred Weasley We Salute You

"Not since George Bush decided to invade Iraq over weapons of mass destruction has the world been so engrossed with a fantasy story."
- Sydney Morning Herald July 18, 2007 Re: Harry Potter

Edited by - msulizzy11 on 08/15/2007 15:26:54
Go to Top of Page

Unicorn8
Barmy

Germany
319 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2007 :  15:04:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bought microwave pocorn yesterday. I have never tried it before and I hope it will be good. So, I simply have to put it into the microwave and wait for some time, haven't I?

Order of the Bookmark
Proud Member of S.I.N.E.

"Always"

WWLLD
Go to Top of Page

Starling
Confunded

United Kingdom
701 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2007 :  17:06:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yup.

Oooh, I've just remembered I have some too.

I wuv multicoloured werewolf puppies.
"When Mister Safety Catch Is Not On, Mister Crossbow Is Not Your Friend."
Go to Top of Page

WriteThisDown
Giddy

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2007 :  19:08:32  Show Profile  Visit WriteThisDown's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm not feeling well today. I think it's the weather. It's been unseasonably cold and rainy and I've been clouded with thoughts of my ex and general Bad Things That Have Happened To Me.

I'm also trying to finance a $700 laptop, which I thought I had money for until my car needed a $700 brake job last week.

Good Lord, I need to cheer up.

Perfectly good opportunities may be wasted on selfish whims, even if those whims are subconscious.

Go to Top of Page

Unicorn8
Barmy

Germany
319 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2007 :  15:22:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am working for a company that manufactures brakes. Not that this is of any help, but anyway.

Order of the Bookmark
Proud Member of S.I.N.E.

"Always"

WWLLD
Go to Top of Page

Cour_Delafleur
Confunded

Canada
714 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2007 :  19:46:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oooh I love microwave popcorn. I love popcorn in general though. When the cruise ships come in I work in this giant tent with a bunch of other stores. Three stores down from me they make popcorn and so about twice a day I get an urge to go to the cinemas.

I'm getting that urge again.

I need to get away from home. I leave in less than two weeks and that two weeks is going by very slowly. Some of my housemates will be there in less than a week and I want to be there too. There really is no reason I can't be there but my mom's being ridiculous.

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page

WriteThisDown
Giddy

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2007 :  23:26:51  Show Profile  Visit WriteThisDown's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh, I completely understand the need to be away from home. I think everyone who's ever been in that "live at college, live at home, repeat for four years" situation goes through that. I think it was around my second summer of being home that I realized I was a total stranger in my house.

I love popcorn, but I prefer it air-popped and adding my own butter/salt etc. And in the microwave... I love kettle corn. It's sweet and ridiculously addictive.

Perfectly good opportunities may be wasted on selfish whims, even if those whims are subconscious.

Go to Top of Page

msulizzy11
Addled

USA
55 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2007 :  15:58:16  Show Profile  Click to see msulizzy11's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Living at home can be a nightmare, but my (awesome!) parents don't charge me rent so I really can't complain. Although I am 'nesting' like crazy. I can't fit any more furniture into my room. I want to re-decorate the whole house!

I'm at work and ffrrreeezzzing my bum off. I'm clutching my coffee like there's no tomorrow.

Last night I spent a lovely evening with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Order of the Bookmark

"Not since George Bush decided to invade Iraq over weapons of mass destruction has the world been so engrossed with a fantasy story."
Go to Top of Page

Cour_Delafleur
Confunded

Canada
714 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2007 :  22:53:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My mother has consented to let me leave this coming Friday instead of next Tuesday. This also means that I finished work today instead of Saturday, which is perfect because I've been really angry with work the past few days and was all too happy to let them know I would be leaving early. So all in all I've had a pretty good last few days, but now I'm going to be really busy because I have absolutely nothing ready. Other than that the only downside is that I didn't get to say goodbye properly to some people because I was planning on seeing them this weekend but now won't be able to.

I got a new cell phone and I loooove it. I've been sending people really random texts because I have unlimited for a few months. And of course it's a new number so no one knows it's me, which has been pretty funny in some cases.

Order of the Bookmark

Edited by - Cour_Delafleur on 08/28/2007 22:55:50
Go to Top of Page

Unicorn8
Barmy

Germany
319 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2007 :  06:56:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to get some new flowers for my balcony. The petunias are withered and I'd like something blooming before I winterise everything.

Order of the Bookmark
Proud Member of S.I.N.E.

"Always"

WWLLD
Go to Top of Page

msulizzy11
Addled

USA
55 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2007 :  17:04:27  Show Profile  Click to see msulizzy11's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
At least you don't have rabbits and cats (and garden gnomes??) eating all your plants like I do :( I haven't been able to salvage ONE zucchini (courgette) this year! Grrr.

...did I spell that right??...

Order of the Bookmark

Go to Top of Page

Unicorn8
Barmy

Germany
319 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2007 :  08:53:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's really annoying, Lizzy. I am so glad that I don't have to deal with animals eating everything that I have planted. I'd like to have some garden gnomes (the real ones) though.
Friends of mine have a garden as well, and somehow the animals always eat everything in there garden except for the zucchinis.

Order of the Bookmark
Proud Member of S.I.N.E.

"Always"

WWLLD
Go to Top of Page

Starling
Confunded

United Kingdom
701 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2007 :  12:00:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The slugs have eaten some of my plants, other plants (the ones with the slug pellets around them) have died because of the rain. My yard is one big failure this year.

Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2007 :  13:31:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Deer have eaten the garden up this year. The tops of all the tomato plants were eaten off. We only got a zucchini or two out. We got it planted late so the peppers are just starting to bloom and the cabbage just forming, too late to really do anything because frost will be coming in a few weeks.

I mentioned over at the teashop, we've got confirmation from the game warden that they've tagged bear in the woods behind our house. People have been claiming for the past few years to have seen them, but they finally caught a momma and two cubs and then rereleased them. So now I'm leary about going out in the yard after dark. I can deal with all the other wildlife that comes from living in the woods, but bear scare me.

Go to Top of Page

Starling
Confunded

United Kingdom
701 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2007 :  15:57:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I stayed with a friend in Maine who said she didn't have any raspberries this year, because the bear had eaten them!

Go to Top of Page

gimu
Addled

Ireland
209 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2007 :  16:49:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stupid question, but is it not bears (like teddybears)? One bear, two bears??? We don't have bear(s) in Ireland. (It's not a lame excuse, honest)
Go to Top of Page

Starling
Confunded

United Kingdom
701 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2007 :  18:07:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's an awful lot of sheeps, though.

In this particular case, it was "the bear", since there was only one hanging around in the neighbourhood.

Mind you, we've decided Maine has one moose, and you can hire it for tourist sightings. You can upgrade it with larger antlers for an extra fee. You get a reduction if you only hire the back end. "Hey, Clayton, are you ready with that moose? We've been waiting for half an hour, man!". "Yeah, well, my tourists were late, I can send you the back half, an' send you the rest when we're done! Don't forget Bubba has a large group at 5, though, he's booked a full one for half an hour".

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
St Mungo's © 2010 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
HP Galleries Wing at St Mungo's is in no way affiliated with JK Rowling, her publishers, Warner Brothers, any of its partners within the Harry Potter franchise, or any religious or healthcare institution.