Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

JKRisSuperior
Mediwizard

USA
694 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  15:30:31  Show Profile Send JKRisSuperior a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a few things to say.

Today, my hair smells of watermelon

I was nearly defeated last night by a mad worm called Ralph

My sister and her idiot friends have popped my football.

Does life get any better than this?

Non of the above is true, but I thought I'd recreate this topic with the first lines from the very first AFTTS Eavesdroppers started on the old banana boards.

Eeyore
Barmy

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  15:53:17  Show Profile  Send Eeyore a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, I love it! You have eavesdropper's first post that started it all. How perfect.

And in that spirit:

The sun is shining, finally.

I have a meeting--day camp training--that I should be preparing for, but I'm here.

I love going to choir with my two daughters.

And I love the late night chats with both of them, though Laura lasts longer than Sarah. Her hubby called her twice to check that she was all right. Sweet.

Eeyore

Order of the Bookmark
Member of HPEW & HPCS appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non

Edited by - Eeyore on 06/15/2006 15:54:18
Go to Top of Page

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  16:31:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ARGH! JKRis! You beat me to it! *smites you* *not really* :P

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles
Haggy is (probably not) Cactus!
Go to Top of Page

Jewlz
Addled

Canada
60 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  17:35:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The only line that I remembered from the original was "Today, my hair smells of watermelon".
I got my hair cut yesterday, I needed change. It was to long (almost down to my waist), so I thought a shorter cut would do for the summer, it's now about shoulder length. I like it, my head feels so much lighter now.

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  19:04:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I need a haircut too. I look like the shaggy dog from the movie and while he was cute, I'd rather be able to see.

Let's see, hmmm...
Oh I know, Husband bought me a sterling brooch when we went to the SC Aquarium. It is a 3-D octopus and it's gorgeous.

I'm making Cedar Plank cooked Coho Salmon for dinner. There's a raspberry sauce I usually serve with it, but tonight I seasoned it lemon, ginger and taragon.

Father's Day is coming up and I couldn't find a single card that I liked for any of the fathers on my list.

Deliberatley causing mayhem in Snape's Potions class.
Member of the HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  19:38:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ditto on the haircut. I just don't know whether I should get bangs/fringe cut in. It's quite a dilema. I have a love/hate relationship with bangs. I love them but I have a few cowlicks that drive me nuts. So I don't know what to do.

Current location: Laying low at Lupin's
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  20:00:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have totally wasted this evening playing around on the new board!
Go to Top of Page

LoriAnne
Giddy

4 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  21:35:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eeyore! My fiance moved out to Seattle (or rather across the Sound in Kitsap county) and I've been to Seattle about three times in the last couple months. It's not as bad as I was lead to believe. In fact, it's a pretty awesome area in general. I particularly love all the drive-thru Java shacks every twenty feet. I think you Washingtonians are trying to scare people away and hoard the awesomeness.

Today marks two years with the boy! Yay! And tomorrow is our negative one-year anniversary. 366 days till we're married! Double yay!

I hate dress shoes. The skin has been rubbed off of multiple toes despite switching from my high heeled, sling backs to low heeled, slide-on shoes today. I was laboring under the misconception that my low-heeled shoes would be more comfortable. Sooooo not the case.
Go to Top of Page

Cour_Delafleur
Confunded

Canada
714 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  22:03:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm done high school. Not officially, but pretty much. I graduate in two days. Bah I can't believe it.

"I think she's magic," said Nor.
________"You, you think everything's magic," Manek said. "Stupid girl."
____"Well, everything is," said Nor. - Wicked

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page

JKRisSuperior
Mediwizard

USA
694 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  22:51:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations, Cour!
Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  23:00:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've lost a day! How do you lose a day? I could have sworn on a Bible that today is Wednesday, but it's Thursday--in an hour it will be Friday. Yikes, I even wrote the wrong date on a check today. I really need to start paying attention to the date.

Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  03:25:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good thing you didn't have a Bible handy, Jo!

Heathen.

I am literally watching paint dry! And yes, it's fascinating.

And I love you, I love you, I love you.
Like never before, like never before.

Go to Top of Page

MrBen
Barmy

Australia
284 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  04:31:30  Show Profile  Visit MrBen's Homepage  Send MrBen an AOL message  Click to see MrBen's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Woo! Me too, AMC. Actually, I've stopped watching it because the fascination only lasts so long.
Go to Top of Page

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  13:22:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations on your graduation, Cour!

I can't remember the last time I was so relieved to reach the weekend. I am exhausted. I was not designed for such intensive academic stuff.

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles
Go to Top of Page

Cour_Delafleur
Confunded

Canada
714 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  22:50:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our graduation is very bittersweet... three guys in our class were suspended, so they're not allowed to come to grad. Two of them were good friends of mine. Our whole class is upset. But, in all honesty, they deserved it and they know it.

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2006 :  00:40:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aw Cour! That's rough - were they suspended from school... will they not get diplomas? Or were they simply excluded from the festivities?

I was picking blackberries in my back yard today. Where I grew up, they grew wild and I would go out on a summer day to get a bucketfull. Not so here so I have blackberry plants.. in planters. All my relatives think I'm insane - they spend their lives eradicating the thorny weeds and I'm cultivating them! But it makes me really happy to have them here and given the local price of blackberries, they've more than paid for themselves!

Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2006 :  01:15:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Blackberries are expensive everywhere. I was told they're harder to cultivate than other berries. Don't know if that's true.

We have blackberries wild where I live. If you want some you have to go out in the woods and pick them. Next month they should be starting to ripen. It's funny when my neice and nephew go out to pick them. Each one is sent out with a bucket but my neice comes back with hers almost empty and a purple mouth. She eats more than she keeps. My dad used to go out and pick buckets full and my mom would make jelly. We haven't had a great berry season in a while...or we're all just too lazy to go out and pick them now.

Don't know what to get my dad for Father's Day on Sunday. I was going to go halfsies on a garden swing with my sis but she backed out because of lack of funds. So now I have to think of something else. Maybe I'll get a few CDs for him. He has every tool imaginable (and doesn't use them) and is difficult to buy for. Any suggestions?

Edited by - Jokelly on 06/17/2006 01:16:59
Go to Top of Page

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2006 :  04:50:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww, blackberry picking! Good times. I remember picking blackberries off the the bushes and scoffing them on my way to school. Sometimes we'd save them and my friend's mother would make jam. All the wild blackberry bushes are gone now to make way for housing developments. *sigh*

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles
Go to Top of Page

dobbygirl
Barmy

USA
300 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2006 :  07:53:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am totally enjoying these new boards.

I am in love with all the smilies!!! I want to use them all. I think these are my favorites:

It's so humid!!! I wish it would just rain already. Thunderstorms are forcasted for the whole week-end, but we probably won't see any.

I've never been blackberry picking, but I used to go blueberry picking all the time when I was growing up. The last time I went was years ago. I just don't know where to go for them anymore.

Proud member of SINUS

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2006 :  13:07:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jo, is there something you could do for him, rather than buy? Make a favorite dish or do something he hates doing? At some point in time, people just jave enough "stuff".

Purple mouth, purple fingers - the essence of blackberry picking!

Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2006 :  14:02:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
AMC, I'm already making him one of his favorite dinners--pork and sauerkraut. Not one of mine but he loves it. I know my sister will make him a batch of raisin-filled cookies, another favorite. You should see us at Christmas time. It's horrible to buy for him since he's not a fan of presents...says its too commercial. My mom used to be easy for Mother's Day. She wanted flowers, not cut, but pots and plantings.

It's quite hot today. In the 90s. I was happy with the 70s temperatures but it's supposed to be in the 80s all week and 90s today. My ideal temperature is around 60F. A tad bit cool but not cold and just warm enough not to wear a coat.

Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2006 :  18:21:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know, I really think obligatory presents should be done away with. If he doesn't need it and won't really care - why buy one? He knows you'd buy anything he needed and you love him enough to make his favorite dinner and give him a big kiss and hug - what more could a father ask for? I miss my Dad.

Go to Top of Page

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2006 :  18:24:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww, I miss mine too. Though I must admit, I don't miss having to worry about what to get him for Father's Day - he always was impossible to shop for.

*is a terrible person*

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles
Go to Top of Page

Eeyore
Barmy

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2006 :  18:26:32  Show Profile  Send Eeyore a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, Father's Day is a hard one. My hubby tends to go buy things he wants, which leaves us with nothing interesting to give him. I'm going for the usual clothes that he NEEDS--how boring, and Laura and Tim are bringing dinner and fixing it all for him. He'll like that, as he's usually the one who gets stuck doing any BBQing for the group.

Our youth at church did a brunch for Mother's Day as a fundraiser, and they are doing another tomorrow for Father's Day. So we are all going to that together. Nice thing is, one of the dad's is actually a chef and the food was really great, so I'm looking forward to tomorrow morning.

Eeyore

Order of the Bookmark
Member of HPEW & HPCS appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non

Edited by - Eeyore on 06/20/2006 08:55:07
Go to Top of Page

Jewlz
Addled

Canada
60 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2006 :  19:52:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats Cour! It must be an exciting time for you! What University are you going to? I'm off to a couple of parties tonight. A group of us are going to be spending our time going back and forth between a wedding reception and a stag and doe, should be fun. My brother and his wife are having us all down to his place to celebrate fathers day, hopefully it all goes well (they just moved into this house).

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page

Cour_Delafleur
Confunded

Canada
714 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2006 :  18:09:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm all graduated!! I can't believe it. Because we have so few graduates, they read off this whole spiel about everyone. I was standing up there for a while because I'm related to a lot of alumni and I'd been at the school for a long time, and I didn't hear a word of it. I was just numb to everything, smiling as my headmaster shook my hand. He was talking to me but I don't have a clue what he said. I started working today and when I was driving home it hit me for the first time that it was over. It really hit me hard.

The guys who were suspended still got their diplomas, they just weren't allowed at the festivities. The guys I'm friends with showed up to the aftergrad party, which was fun. I'm so glad they were there because I got to say goodbye to them, sort of. I didn't really say goodbye to anyone because I left at 6 this morning before anyone was awake. I regret it now, but I wasn't thinking clearly because I'd only had an hour of sleep and was still slightly feeling the after-effects of what I'd had to drink a few hours earlier.

Jewlz, I'm going to Queen's, studying Commerce. And I found out yesterday that I met the conditions I needed to keep my place.

Order of the Bookmark

Edited by - Cour_Delafleur on 06/18/2006 18:20:50
Go to Top of Page

MrBen
Barmy

Australia
284 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2006 :  18:28:39  Show Profile  Visit MrBen's Homepage  Send MrBen an AOL message  Click to see MrBen's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Kudos to you, Courmeister. :)
Go to Top of Page

dobbygirl
Barmy

USA
300 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2006 :  18:30:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats Cour!!!!!

Proud member of SINUS

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2006 :  19:06:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Cour. Pretty soon you're going to be saying "Boy, I wish I was back in high school." Or maybe not.

One week down and three more left to wait until my test results are mailed out. During this time I'm hoping to get my electronic portfolio finished. I never really wanted to teach high school, but during student teaching have one of my placements in a single subject classroom teaching Science. It was nice not to be responsible for every subject and see different kids all day. Plus, if I pass then I'd teach Business classes which aren't part of the core curriculum and are electives. Kids take the classes because they want to. Sometimes you don't have the behavior problems in these classes that you have in required ones. We'll see what happens.

Go to Top of Page

dobbygirl
Barmy

USA
300 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2006 :  18:47:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know Jo, the difference between elective and required courses carries on into college as well. The more the class actually related to someone's chosen major, the more they seemed to interact with the instructor and such. I know it was true for me. I hated taking research writing, and I think I was one of the only people in my US history class that was really interested. My major was Elementry Education with a minor in Social Science.

Oh my gosh, I had the weirdest dream last night! I dreamed that the other HPG board came back up and this big online war broke out between the two boards. It was all very surreal. For a few seconds after I woke up I thought it had really happened.

Proud member of SINUS

Order of the Bookmark

Edited by - dobbygirl on 06/19/2006 18:50:10
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2006 :  20:11:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Were we ferocious in our fighting? Lots of big, nasty words going back and forth? Somehow I cannot envision a truly vicious fight with HPG people - we're all so civilized.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13  Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
St Mungo's © 2010 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
HP Galleries Wing at St Mungo's is in no way affiliated with JK Rowling, her publishers, Warner Brothers, any of its partners within the Harry Potter franchise, or any religious or healthcare institution.