Page: of 4

Unicorn8
Barmy

Germany
319 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2007 :  15:49:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cour_Delafleur

I've always said bay-bel because babble is another thing altogether.

In German it is pronounced Bah-bel. The "a" is pronounced like the last a in "Alaska"

Order of the Bookmark
Proud Member of S.I.N.E.

"Always"

WWLLD
Go to Top of Page

IrishCal24
Giddy

USA
28 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2007 :  21:11:23  Show Profile  Visit IrishCal24's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Myf

I saw Hot Fuzz on Tuesday with a Q&A with Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. That film is GOLD! I haven't laughed so hard at a film since... well, probably since Shaun of the Dead. It was just so absurdly funny.

The guys were on form too, although they seemed very tired - jetlagged? They'd come from NZ and while there they'd used Peter Jackson's ADR studio to record the commentary for something on the Hot Fuzz DVD. They were weirded out by that.

I wonder what they'll do next? There's something on IMDB called La Triviata about a pub quiz team, but apparently that's not on. Any ideas what is?

Arrrgh, not fair! I have to wait over two more weeks to see it.

Nicholas Angel: And are they as big as he is
Danny Butterman: Who?
Nicholas Angel: The mum and the sister?
Danny Butterman: Same person.
Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2007 :  11:59:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone seen 300? It's not my type of movie, but the buzz I've heard makes it sound like it's worth seeing, especially on IMAX.

I went the other night and saw Blades of Glory. Totally stupid movie with a rediculous plot, but I laughted all through it.

Current location: Laying low at Lupin's
Go to Top of Page

Wicked
Addled

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  00:40:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw 300 and loved it. (Gerard Butler is my new wall paper *swoon*) Mr Wicked has seen it twice.

Watched Children of Men the other night, and thought it was very good.

Looking forward to seeing Hot Fuzz.

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e qua non
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2007 :  13:07:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone here seen "The Libertine" with Johnny Depp?
Every role I see him in I become more impressed with his acting abilities. Not everyone could play a unrepentant alcoholic hedonist with syphillis and manage to make him the tiniest bit sympathetic by the end (John Malkovich, for example, couldn't manage it-- his Valmont was completely unbelievable and unlikeable).

Deliberatley causing mayhem in Snape's Potions class.
Member of the HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

diricawl
Looney

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  14:06:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK all you Left-Pondians. Don't lie, I know you all went out to see Transformers this weekend so tell me, did it make you seasick, or can I see it without getting a migraine?

Order of the Bookmark

As to the avatar, well, if you girls can all have Alan Rickman...

"They don't want the Easter Bunny's power; The children in our generation want Harry's power, and they're getting it." - Laura Mallory

Edited by - diricawl on 07/06/2007 14:07:28
Go to Top of Page

Wicked
Addled

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  14:32:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mr Wicked is taking our son to see Transformers this weekend. I'll let you know what they think. Seems to be getting pretty good reviews.

I watched Man Bites Dog the other day, very disturbing. Finally saw Pan's Labyrinth and thought it was very good. Little Children was also good, but had one storyline that I thought should have been left out, didn't add anything. And loooooved Hot Fuzz.

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e qua non
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2007 :  19:12:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've seen two trailers in the last couple of days that look very promising: "Becoming Jane" and "Stardust."

Has anyone heard anything good, bad, or otherwise about either film?

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2007 :  21:09:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've heard that Stardust, the novel, is fantastic. It sounded a little out there, but who knows. Becoming Jane looks like a good movie, although Anne Hathaway bugs me for some reason.

Current location: Laying low at Lupin's
Go to Top of Page

Myf
Confunded

571 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2007 :  21:46:33  Show Profile  Visit Myf's Homepage  Click to see Myf's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I quite liked the novel of Stardust, even though Neil Gaiman alternatively thrills and annoys me. Becoming Jane was out here a few months ago and it looked insufferably twee. (Most the reviews I heard agreed with that.)

If you're looking for trouble you found it.
Professor Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2007 :  21:57:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I worry about that one. It is billed as a fictional biopic, ie based on Jane Austen's life. There has been criticism about the amount of dramatic license. Really, if you want to make a film of Jane Austen's life (or a portion of it), then make a film true to the facts. Otherwise make your film and name the characters something else. Seems the movie is capitalising on her fame. Another criticism was that Anne Hathaway isn't English and sometimes her accent fails. I might wait to see this one as a rental, if at all.

I've got Gaiman's Stardust on request at the library.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

diricawl
Looney

United Kingdom
1078 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2007 :  02:28:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Of all the "Lohan generation", I like Anne Hathaway the best. That said, I can't see her as Jane Austen, and after sitting through that insufferable Beatrix Potter biopic (and yes, before anyone else mentions it, I did see it because Emily Watson was in it) I don't think I can deal with another one.

Anyway, why are we talking about that when there's the SIMPSONS MOOOOVIIIEEE! Reviews are coming in and they're stellar. I was afraid (terrified) that it would be terrible, but people are calling it the best animated film ever made (which is a stretch, I'm sure, but nice to hear).

Order of the Bookmark

As to the avatar, well, if you girls can all have Alan Rickman...

"They don't want the Easter Bunny's power; The children in our generation want Harry's power, and they're getting it." - Laura Mallory
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2007 :  11:53:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spider Pig, Spider Pig, does whatever a Spider Pig does....

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2008 :  19:32:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"The Illusionist": see it. Watched it on DVD last night and I loved it! Historical romance and mystery rolled into one. Nice twisty ending, too.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
St Mungo's © 2010 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
HP Galleries Wing at St Mungo's is in no way affiliated with JK Rowling, her publishers, Warner Brothers, any of its partners within the Harry Potter franchise, or any religious or healthcare institution.