ABC Family sneak preview
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jokelly
Barking

USA
1509 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2006 :  20:16:16  Show Profile Send Jokelly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ABC Family has been airing previews of OotP all day. You can see them on Mugglenet and Leaky. Sadly, I couldn't get a glimps of Lupin to determine his mustache status, but they did have a nice segment about Luna. I must say I didn't think she looked like Luna, and still doesn't look like my version of Luna, but she has the character down perfectly from what I saw. She has the etheral loony quality down pat.

I didn't get to see a lot of the preview because the Steeler game came on, but what I did catch looked very, very good. Loved the kitchen of Grimmauld Place.

Current location: Laying low at Lupin's

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2006 :  06:07:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Saw them on YouTube, and oh how I love Luna. Evanna's voice suits her perfectly. And she's kept her accent! Woo.

No Lupin moustache sightings. I paused on the Advance Guard, and still no joy. We want more Lupin!

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles
Haggy is (probably not) Cactus!
Go to Top of Page

Myf
Confunded

571 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2006 :  14:59:30  Show Profile  Visit Myf's Homepage  Click to see Myf's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I think Luna is great too. I hope her quirkiness is allowed to come through.

If you're looking for trouble you found it.
Professor Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

U-No-Poo
Addled

133 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2006 :  15:53:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In thesnitch.co.uk you can download a video that contains all the clips and has a higher resolution than the mugglenet ones.
Evanna rocks.
What about Bellatrix and Sirius duelling? They looked rather silly, really, as though they were dancing but I guess once they add the special effects it will look great. I like Helena Bonham Carter's line: "You have to have intent..."
BTW. Can you imagine book!Ron saying "Don't worry, 'll go easy on you" to Hermione...ever? ::grumbles::

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page

Eeyore
Barmy

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2006 :  22:39:17  Show Profile  Send Eeyore a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Not really, but they seem to have got Hermione's response to that sort of thing right. I think it's the sort of thing that Ron might have thought to himself but would never have said aloud.

I loved all the clips, but I thought they were showing all that on Sunday, along with the deleted scenes being put back in POA. They only put back one scene--a very short one and that was it. I was quite irritated with the number of commercials for things that don't interest me in the least.

Saturday was a much better night to watch--TLC also has all the clips. I'm glad, because I could show Sarah, who stayed up late Sunday night so she could see it all during the movie.

Eeyore

Order of the Bookmark
Member of HPEW & HPCS appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Wicked
Addled

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2006 :  16:32:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't like Bella sticking out her tonuge. Why do they try to soften the evil characters? I think Evanna is perfect as Luna!

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e qua non
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
St Mungo's © 2010 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
HP Galleries Wing at St Mungo's is in no way affiliated with JK Rowling, her publishers, Warner Brothers, any of its partners within the Harry Potter franchise, or any religious or healthcare institution.