Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 First Floor.......................Canon Obsessions
 Philosopher to Hallows
 Snape is a Nasty, Underhanded Slimeball (SINUS)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 24

Tsuki Keta
Addled

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2006 :  23:58:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pesky Pixie
I took that to mean she doesn't want us to be angry at her. Weren't her words something like, "but don't go there right now." (meaning, "Don't attack me here in the hall" ... humorously). Perhaps I look too hard to see the levity in things people say.

I finally got to read the 'actual' quote. And more impotantly the mood and context of how she said it. Or as close to the quote as we're going to get. And that's definitely how I think she'd meant it. The problem was I had all sorts of people telling me what they thought was said..and it was getting all mixed up. Now at least I get what she meant for sure.
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2006 :  00:22:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whew! That's a meaning I can live with. I wish they'd have televised the damned thing, I'd have paid per view! Except I don't have cable...

I love this thread because I feel like we're all kindred spirits of a sort. We may dislike Snape to varying degrees but above all we love Harry, he's our hero. I just was reading another thread and I was kind of shocked at how some folks really feel it's Harry who is the messed up character.. it puzzles me. Harry has been through so much, he's had none of the support and encouragement that normal, happy children get throughout their lives. When JKR said she'd want most to meet Harry just to apologize to him, I knew what she meant - she's put that boy through the wringer! And yet he has grown into a very fine person - one with flaws, yes, but he's got so many MORE good qualities: modesty, empathy, kindness and loyalty among them. He felt bad for young Voldemort, for god's sake - the man who murdered his parents! He's a really great guy, is Harry, and I hope to heck JKR doesn't knock him off... but regardless, it's nice to be some where where Harry still gets the credit for being the real hero he is.

*stretches out by the fire* It's been a long weekend - Slushy, you dream-boat of a House Elf, do you by any chance have anything for morning-after headaches? Or maybe just some more of those cinnamon buns?

And I love you, I love you, I love you.
Like never before, like never before.

Go to Top of Page

Tsuki Keta
Addled

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2006 :  01:17:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AMC

Whew! That's a meaning I can live with. I wish they'd have televised the damned thing, I'd have paid per view! Except I don't have cable...

*agrees*

I'm also fairly sure now that Salman Rushdie didn't specifically say 'intrinsic good'. Then we'd have to have been off on a long winding rant about utilitarianism.

*hugs Harry*
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2006 :  16:01:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hooray for Harry the Hero!

And every superhero needs a super mode of transportation. Here is what I propose:

Harry returns to Privet Drive before his seventeenth birthday. At the stroke of midnight, the night of July 30, there comes a thunderous pounding on the front door. It falls in. "Sorry 'bout that!" A bashful looking Hargid ducks through the door, three times too big to fit in the living room. "Happy Birthday, Harry!" By this time the three Dursleys are cringing in the corner. "I brought summat for yeh. It's a bit ol-fashined, but I cleaned it up for yeh. I reckon yer the on'y one 'e'd wan' ter have it." And Hagrid steps aside from the doorway to reveal ... drumroll ... Sirius's flying motorbike!

Now that Harry is of age, he is free to go wherever he likes. So he gathers his trunk (already packed), straps it to the back of the bike, and takes off. As he looks back he sees the Dursleys standing open-mouthed at the front picture window and Hagrid waving happily in the drive. Smiling, Harry rumbles away through the air, leaving Privet Drive for the last time ... exactly the way he came, on the back of his godfather's flying motorcycle.

Awww, wouldn't that be nice?

Edited by - n/a on 08/07/2006 16:08:13
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2006 :  16:18:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL Pixie! That would be nice!

Do you suppose they make magical side-cars? Harry rarely travels alone, you know.. Ron and Hermione at LEAST need to be there.

Go to Top of Page

MrBen
Barmy

Australia
284 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2006 :  20:13:16  Show Profile  Visit MrBen's Homepage  Send MrBen an AOL message  Click to see MrBen's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Can you imagine Ron and Hermione both trying to squeeze inside the same sidecar for fandom squee reasons? :)
Go to Top of Page

Tsuki Keta
Addled

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2006 :  21:28:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MrBen

Can you imagine Ron and Hermione both trying to squeeze inside the same sidecar for fandom squee reasons? :)

heh..well now that you've prompted me I can. Thank you for putting wonderfully naughty images in my head that are sure to distract me for the rest of the evening.
Go to Top of Page

MrBen
Barmy

Australia
284 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2006 :  23:03:02  Show Profile  Visit MrBen's Homepage  Send MrBen an AOL message  Click to see MrBen's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Actually I picture Ron in the sidecar and Hermione pressed up tightly behind The HP. Ron would send black looks her way and they'd argue fiercely about it later before making up in some delightful fashion.
Go to Top of Page

Tsuki Keta
Addled

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2006 :  23:21:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stop! You're driving me mad with the ribaldry of the whole thing.

hehe..get it..driving...

I've alreay had enough impure thoughts about that bike in the past.

Now all of you are fueling a whole new set of ponderings..

hehe..get it?...fueling
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2006 :  23:35:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know, there's something about motorcycles that just fires the imagination...

I think, being as it's a wizarding machine, the sidecar would have to be lined in tufted red velvet or something like that.

Go to Top of Page

MrBen
Barmy

Australia
284 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2006 :  23:46:02  Show Profile  Visit MrBen's Homepage  Send MrBen an AOL message  Click to see MrBen's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It's not quite the SF bookreading thread, Tsuki. :)

...engines pumping and thumping in time.

the green light flashes, the flags go up.
churning and burning, they yearn for the cup.

they deftly maneuver and muscle for rank,
fuel burning fast on an empty tank.

reckless and wild, they pour through the turns.
their prowess is potent and secretly stern...
Go to Top of Page

Tsuki Keta
Addled

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2006 :  00:07:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yay! ribaldrous poetry!

How bawdy! *loves*

alas..if it was the reading thread I could compare and contrast the vehicles I've read in.

But fantasies about pretend reading and motorcyles are nearly as good.

quote:
Originally posted by AMC

I think, being as it's a wizarding machine, the sidecar would have to be lined in tufted red velvet or something like that.

At this rate I'd say it needs to be stain-resistant. But I suppose there's always *Scourgify!*
Go to Top of Page

MrBen
Barmy

Australia
284 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2006 :  00:30:02  Show Profile  Visit MrBen's Homepage  Send MrBen an AOL message  Click to see MrBen's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It's actually Cake's "The Distance", but I thought these lines appropriate.

I'm thinking about the logistics of the thing. Is this side car like Mr Weasley's car? Will it... expand to fit any occupant? And are they trying to pretend like nothing is happening or are they going at it hammer and tongs while The HP pays even more attention to his flying than usual?
Go to Top of Page

Tsuki Keta
Addled

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2006 :  01:15:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
doink! Considering Cake is one of my favorite bands..and I have that song..I should have connected that...

er?..expanding compartments. I think this has surpassed even the reading thread. Plus now you have me thinking of the Hogwarts Express No fault of yours really...I just make great leaps in general thinking and pondering and such.

I love further defiling a Snape related thread with lusty thoughts about Gryffindor boys...past and present...heh.
Go to Top of Page

MrBen
Barmy

Australia
284 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2006 :  05:35:04  Show Profile  Visit MrBen's Homepage  Send MrBen an AOL message  Click to see MrBen's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well, I'll be sure to defile it with movie!Hermione innuendo just to even it up. What, that doesn't even it up? Well who invited you anyway? :P
Go to Top of Page

Slushy
Giddy

37 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2006 :  22:55:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*wanders in*

*surveys empty room*

*dusts tables and rearranges cushions*

*rechecks and straightens darts and dartboard*

*refills decanters and restocks tumblers*

*polishes pictures of Ben and AMC*

*sighs*

*exits*

Proud House-elf of S.I.N.U.S.
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2006 :  01:32:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*Stumbles in*

*Quickly empties nearest decanter, knocks over a tumbler or two*

*Collapses into squashy chair*

At last! I've survived my vacation and I'm back home!

*Snores*

Go to Top of Page

MrBen
Barmy

Australia
284 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2006 :  05:13:52  Show Profile  Visit MrBen's Homepage  Send MrBen an AOL message  Click to see MrBen's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
*places party had that reads "I LOVE SNAPE" on AMC's head*

Teeheehee! Look everyone! AMC loves Snape!
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2006 :  10:30:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*Wakes up briefly, sees everyone smiling and pointing*

*waves*

*Feels happy to be back among friends*

*Falls back asleep*

Go to Top of Page

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2006 :  10:36:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm defecting from S.I.N.E. I don't care if Snape is evil or not - whatever else he is, he is a nasty, underhanded slimeball, and I'm thoroughly sick of him.

*flops in a corner and refuses to move*

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles
Haggy is (probably not) Cactus!
Go to Top of Page

Newguise
Barmy

United Kingdom
269 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2006 :  13:05:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hooray! A convert! A party must be held in honour of this moment, and Bee our newest SINUS member.

*makes Bee a SINUS badge*

The firewhisky is right here and I suggest a game of darts just to get things going. Bee it is very easy, just aim at the on the dartboard.

*adopts serious dart-throwing position, tongue poking out of mouth*

*goes and has a glug of firewhisky to pysche self up*

*wobbles a bit on chalk line used to denote the ockey*

*makes wild lunge towards dartboard - dart hits the edge of the board and flies off taking out the picture of AMC which crashes to the floor and embedding itself into the sideboard*

Aha, one of my better throws. A little more firewhisky, and I'll probably hit the board next time.

Nuggy xxx
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2006 :  13:47:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*drops in*

*points and laughs at AMC*

*Parties!*

*Does a war dance a la Fred, George and Ginny in OotP*

*chants*

We got Bee! We got Bee!

Welcome to the dark fun side! Did you bring the pirate with you? *looks around hopefully*

Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2006 :  15:02:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*Wakes up*

Wow! What happened while I was gone? Is that Bee I see there in the corner??? What a thrill to see you here, dearest Constable. But let me just levitate you a little while I set a squashy chair underneath you. There. That's better - I hate to see any true SINUS-er being uncomfy. This is a very comfortable club - we're not constrained to come up with complex plot explanations or make great jumps of faith. We dislike Snape, we think he's a jerk. It's so easy.

You say you don't care if Snape is evil or not? Join the club! Oh, I forgot - you already did, sorry. I'm with you - I don't care at all. I do care about Dumbledore - I will be sad if he's made out to be a total fool to trust Snape and I will be sadder if he's made out to be a Light mirror image of Voldemort, willing to do anything to achieve his goals. But as long as DD had a really good reason to trust Snape and he didn't plot his own "death by A.K." I'm content.

Ummm - what exactly happened to my portrait? Oh! Nuggy's playing darts again, now I understand.

*Puts feet up on a Snape's head ottoman and sits back to watch*

Go to Top of Page

Newguise
Barmy

United Kingdom
269 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2006 :  13:39:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*meekly hangs portrait back up on the wall*

I think Snape is an arse.

Newguise xxx

Go to Top of Page

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2006 :  15:38:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*aims dart at Snape's snivelly, greasy head*

*misses and hits AMC's portrait instead*

Oops. I guess I need more practice.

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2006 :  16:59:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*Winces*

*Carefully takes down own portrait and switches Ben's over into the more targetable space*

There - that's better!

Go to Top of Page

dobbygirl
Barmy

USA
300 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2006 :  17:42:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to our little hidey hole Bee! I'm sure you'll be happy here. Mind if I join you in darts? It's been ages since I've stuck the slimey one.

*throws dart and hits wall*

*throws dart and hits wall again*

*stomps foot in frustration*

*whips last darts, just misses Slushy before hitting wall*

Sorry Slushy! I think I need a firewhiskey. I always shoot better when I'm drunk.

Proud member of SINUS

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page

Slushy
Giddy

37 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2006 :  19:21:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*presents double firewhiskey to dobbygirl*

*plumps cushion under Bee's feet*

*gathers up darts*

*cleans up various messes caused by errant throws*

*places temporary engorgement charm on dartboard, causing it to triple in size*

*hopes that now sombody can hit it*

*beams with pleasure at full club room*

Proud House-elf of S.I.N.U.S.
Go to Top of Page

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2006 :  13:36:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*throws dart*

*hits Snape right in the middle of his long, slimy nose*

Hooray! Thanks, Slushy!

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2006 :  18:29:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Slushy! You're the best!

Hmmm - does anyone else feel like temporary engorgement charms probably belong on the Stephen Fry thread?

Nice throw, Bee! I wonder why everyone in S.I.N.U.S. seems to play better after they've had a few...

I'm so ready for Fall.. I think I'm going to charm the weather outside to be blustery so we can have a nice fire.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 24 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
St Mungo's © 2010 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
HP Galleries Wing at St Mungo's is in no way affiliated with JK Rowling, her publishers, Warner Brothers, any of its partners within the Harry Potter franchise, or any religious or healthcare institution.