Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 First Floor.......................Canon Obsessions
 Philosopher to Hallows
 Snape is a Nasty, Underhanded Slimeball (SINUS)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 24

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2007 :  00:50:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ROLF! OMG, that comic is one of the funniest things I've ever seen!

Of course, in canon, DD always has incredibly important reasons for the things he does, no matter how insane they may seem. Sending Harry after Quirrel does stretch credulity - but hey, the kid had to start somewhere to learn to save the world. DD's problem is that he never tells anyone anything - at least not until it's too late. This is certainly true of Harry and most of the OotP, anyway.

On the other hand, we don't actually know if this is true of Snape. We have no idea what DD has told his spy because we never seen them alone. We do get hints though. From the overheard conversation Hagrid tells Harry about, we discover that these men are not above arguing vehemently with one another. This is a good sign because it implies at least some modicum of intimacy and honesty between them.

Then there's the way these two always manage to know what the other is talking about when no one else does. "Severus, you know what I must ask you to do... if you are ready?... if you are prepared?" Huh? Okay, obviously that was the culmination of a loooooong conversation that we missed. And there are other instances of this as well throughout the books.

I think that ultimately this is what points the way to why Snape would have been loyal to DD. These two clearly shared a level of confidence that DD does not appear to have granted to anyone else. What secrets did these two keep only between themselves? There is at least one that DD deemed so confidential that even when Harry nearly begged him in desperation for reassurance as to Snape's loyalties, he still refused to tell.

This is the secret that JKR must reveal in DH and hopefully once we know it, things will finally add up.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"

Edited by - Theowyn on 06/07/2007 15:33:34
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2007 :  12:28:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
"Severus, you know what I must ask you to do... if you are ready?... if you are prepared?" Huh? Okay, obviously that was the culmination of a loooooong conversation that we missed.

Not really. The request only seems cryptic to us the readers, because at that time we don't know one important detail: that Snape had been a spy in the first war. We didn't find that out until the next book. However, both Snape and Dumbledore both knew it all along (obviously). No loooong converstaion needed to take place for Snape to know what Dumbledore was asking. In fact, I don't know any other way Snape could have interpreted the request, given his history. What else was he supposed to do, go feed the cat?

By the way, Snape hasn't been kicked around in a while.

*whacks the Snape-head ottoman*

That's for being a nasty, slimy git who enjoyed playing both sides.

Edited by - n/a on 06/18/2007 12:39:46
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2007 :  02:28:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pesky Pixie

quote:
"Severus, you know what I must ask you to do... if you are ready?... if you are prepared?" Huh? Okay, obviously that was the culmination of a loooooong conversation that we missed.

Not really. The request only seems cryptic to us the readers, because at that time we don't know one important detail: that Snape had been a spy in the first war. We didn't find that out until the next book. However, both Snape and Dumbledore both knew it all along (obviously). No loooong converstaion needed to take place for Snape to know what Dumbledore was asking. In fact, I don't know any other way Snape could have interpreted the request, given his history. What else was he supposed to do, go feed the cat?

That's the whole point. There's 13 years of history behind DD's request (a loooooong time in my book) and WE don't know what they're talking about. Neither does Harry and this sort of thing happens again and again in canon. These two kept a lot of secrets, some from the OotP and even more from us. These secrets are what JKR will have to reveal in DH.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2007 :  02:21:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*Kicks the Snape-head ottoman, in greeting*

Ahhh. I'ts lovely to be back. I read the MuggleNet "what will happen in book 7" while I was on vacation and they're ALL firmly convinced Snape is GOOD - not just on the side of Good but truly Good! Apparently, all of his lifetime of destructive activity is lumped under the heading of minor character flaws. Dang - I'd better get my kicks in regularly over the next month. It won't be any fun kicking Snape around after book 7 if that is so.

I do think I've finally made up my mind on the issue of Snape's killing of Dumbledore but I'll wait until I'm not beat to post it. It's been a loooong day.

And I love you, I love you, I love you.
Like never before, like never before.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2007 :  11:04:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yay! AMC's back!

Yeah, if Snape ends up being good, it will take a lot of the fun out of beating up on him. (But not all of it - hehehe! ) I really don't have a problem with him ultimately being on the side of good, I just don't want everything he's done to be painted as good, especially the killing of Dumbledore. That was a big, fat failure on his part and if he is on the side of good, he knows it. (Hence his distress after the fact.)

Plus, it's been fun playing the naysayer all these months. Too many people in fandom have been so eager to jump on the "Snape is Good" bandwagon that they tend to brush off or whitewash all the disturbing things he's done. The elaborate rationalizations and theorizing, the scouring of every phrase of the books that could possibly be interpreted (however distantly) to show Snape as a good man, or even worse, a victim whose nasty actions were precipitated or somehow justified by his life experiences ... all in good fun, of course, but in desperate need of being tempered .

My favorite interpretation of Snape is that of a shady, slippery, deeply flawed character who lurks in the shadows and makes numerous, serious, even fatal, mistakes because he can't control his personal demons. I've always felt he harbored a certain amount of respect and loyalty to Dumbledore, but have never been sure it was enough to overcome his ever-lurking dark side. Yes, he's brilliant and maybe even courageous in certain situations, but he's made his choices in life and some of them are (and continue to be) hideous. I don't think that should be overlooked or rationalized away.

JKR has called Snape "a gift of a character" and I totally agree. He's the kind of dark, ambiguous character that captivates and seduces both readers and writers alike. Yet somewhere along the way, he may have escaped her control and grown into something bigger than she originally intended him to be. Did she expect, all those years ago when she first plotted the books, that the main point of interest going into Book Seven would be about Snape? I doubt it. The story is about Voldemort, Harry, horcruxes, good and evil, friendship, and love ... and Snape has cast a huge dark shadow over all of that. He has grown from and interesting and poignant adjunct to someone who threatens to take over the story. I do want him to feature a bit in Book Seven, but I hope he will shrink back into his proper place.

Thank heaven for SINUS! It's been great to have this place where we can come and momentarily escape the "Snape is Good" fever that's gripped fandom. That, and to celebrate the fact that Snape is bad sometimes, very bad, and that's what makes him a great character. Hugs to AMC, DG, Starling, Bee, Nuggy, Mr. Ben and Tsuki (wherever you are!). And we can't forget Slushy -- I only wish the rest of you knew how great she really is! It's been a blast!

Edited by - n/a on 06/25/2007 11:15:10
Go to Top of Page

Slushy
Giddy

37 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2007 :  11:47:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awwww, your little speech almost brought tears to my eyes! Pixie, you sure know how to make things pretty dramatic. But why are you writing the eulogy now? You have 25 days to do whatever the heck you want! Don't wrap it up now! Keep posting the outlandish theories! What am I going to have to read when I'm bored?

Oh, shoot, I'm speaking proper English! How unlike a house-elf!
*Slinks back to the grocery store.*

I is forgetting to buy the master's lighter fluid.

PS. Pixie, you forgot to change your avatar.

Proud House-elf of S.I.N.U.S.

Edited by - Slushy on 06/25/2007 11:49:15
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2007 :  15:16:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
NICE new one, Pixie!

Well that's kind of my feeling too, Pixie - I mostly like going overboard on Snape-hate
because far too many people go overboard on Snape-lurve.

Okay, so here's my Dumbledore's death reading. The bare-bones of the deal: Snape meets with DD during the summer in which DD is injured by Voldermort's curse. Snape then makes an unbreakable vow to kill Dumbledore if Draco does not. The time comes, DD's weakened by poison, Draco fails in his task, Dumbledore says "please..." and Snape fufills his vow - kills Dumbledore.

Nice and tidy. Not.

Here's the loose ends: Why would Snape vow to kill DD in the first place? Why would DD say "please..." - most surely that was not a plea for his life! Why did DD meet with Snape over the summer and tell him plainly he was injured? Why did DD drink that damned poison anyway?

The Snape is Evil-ers would say he was sick of following DD's orders, anxious to rejoin the Dark Lord and this was the best way back. This doesn't work with all of the conflicting info JKR gives us and it's too obvious an answer anyway.

The Snape is Good-ers have a Grand Plan where Dumbledore plotted his own death and used this as an oportunity for getting Snape back into the Death Eaters, thus allowing him to assist Harry from the inside as needed. This turns Dumbledore into a gamer, staking all to control the game post-mortem, which is the opposite of his character - in every other book, DD usually let events go far, far "wrong" before stepping in - he never plotted out elaborate deceptions or tried to use other people as his puppets.

So here's my feeling, which I think might actually be my final take on it:

I hypothesize that Voldemort's curse did more than destroy Dumbledore's right hand - it caused mortal damage to Dumbledore. POssibly, those hit by the curse would eventually be completely consumed by that same black decay or some other hideous fate.

DD was mortally wounded by Voldemort's curse and he knew it. He knew he was dying from the moment we first saw him and he accepted his death as calmly as he accepts everything else, but it adds some urgency to his education of Harry, hence his "lessons" in Voldermort's history. He has already seen that Harry is, in fact, a hero and a stalwartly good soul, he knows that Harry's fate is to face Voldemort but he will not be around for the final act. So he speeds up the educational process.

Dumbledore also starts to put his own affairs in order, as is reasonable in a mature wizard. He asks Snape, whom he trusts, to make sure he dies before the curse's ultimate affect takes place. He knows his own powers will fail eventually and he wants to make sure he dies with his self and dignity intact. He might even have thoughts that his death might be useful for the Order but his primary concern is that he leave this life as a whole wizard and not linger on as an increasingly powerless zombie. He may even worry that as his power is sapped he could be used as a puppet by the MoM. Any request made to Snape would have been as a future mercy-killing, not a Grand scheme for the eventual downfall of Voldemort.

So Snape has already agreed to make sure DD dies if the curse's lingering effect weakens DD past a certain point. When Narcissa asks him to promise to protect Draco and perform his assigned task if need be, Snape has nothing to lose. He doesn't think Draco will succeed anyway and he'll risk losing his strongest DE supporters if he doesn't protect their son. He's already agreed to put DD out of his misery and he doesn't think he'll last very long anyway.

The time comes, Dumbledore is done for and he reminds Snape that he had asked him (NOT bound him) to help him leave the earth with dignity. So Snape blasts DD from this world, as previously arranged.

So the big question - is Snape on DD's side, against him or still sitting on the fence here? With the whole "hatred" thing on his face when he kills Dumbledore you have two options - either Snape truly hates Dumbledore or truly hates killing him. The exact mirroring of Harry's own feelings in the Cave (when he's poisoning DD) would tell you that Snape loves Dumbledore and despises having to kill him. But - why would Snape love Dumbledore? When Snape speaks to Harry of the Dark Lord he speaks reverently. Snape has never offered Dumbledore more than the common amount of respect demanded by his position - and sometimes not even that. There is nothing in their joint history to suggest that Snape truly loves or admires Dumbledore - why would he so hate to kill him?

I don't know and yet Jo had pointed so many things in that direction.

So if there's money on the table and I can't afford to lose it - I'd bet Snape is on Dumbledore's side and truly hated to kill him. Somewhere, at some time the old wizard's faith and trust was transformative and taught the greasy git the true value of an individual. (If there's no money on the table or I don't care if I lose... I'd say the nasty rotter was happy to rejoin his naturally evil bretheran and was more than ready to kill the old man who had kept him on such a short leash for so long in order to do so. It'd be more amusing that way)

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2007 :  16:42:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just finished rereading OotP and will be starting HBP tonight. I'll look closely for signs that Dumbledore's health and/or powers are declining throughout the book.

You know, you're treading very close to the "stoppered death" theories that have Snape saving Dumbledore's life after the ring curse, then helping keep him alive throughout the next year with a potion which stoppers death (which he may have referred to during his little speech before Harry's first potions class). Those theories also work under the assumption that Dumbledore was choosing his own time to die, leading to the conclusion that Snape's AKing of Dumbledore wasn't so bad because Dumbledore's death was inevitable anyway ... better then than later.

I honestly don't have a theory that satisfactorily explains everything that happened on the tower ... nothing really fits for me. I can buy that Dumbledore was planning for his own death, or at least knew it was coming; what I can't quite rectify is how it happened. The method was just so UN-Dumbledore. I just don't know. I'm waiting to see what JKR comes up with. There has to be something more to it than what all of us are seeing right now ... something no one has guessed.

quote:
But - why would Snape love Dumbledore? When Snape speaks to Harry of the Dark Lord he speaks reverently. Snape has never offered Dumbledore more than the common amount of respect demanded by his position - and sometimes not even that. There is nothing in their joint history to suggest that Snape truly loves or admires Dumbledore - why would he so hate to kill him?

Yes. This is the big unanswered question ... even bigger than why Dumbledore trusted Snape. Nobody's hit on it yet and I won't even guess. Only 24 days until we know!

Edited by - n/a on 06/26/2007 16:43:00
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2007 :  18:25:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pesky Pixie
You know, you're treading very close to the "stoppered death" theories that have Snape saving Dumbledore's life after the ring curse, then helping keep him alive throughout the next year with a potion which stoppers death (which he may have referred to during his little speech before Harry's first potions class).

...leading to the conclusion that Snape's AKing of Dumbledore wasn't so bad...

Ah! I haven't been reading other boards apparently - I kind of like the stopper in death thing.

BUT.. Pixie, that's the kicker - what if the curse Snape uses wasn't an Unforgivable, wasn't an Avada Kedavra at all? The one thing I thought interesting from Mugglenet's book is they felt the effect of an AK was entirely different from what we saw when DD died.

Edited by - AMC on 06/26/2007 18:26:19
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2007 :  10:45:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh no, AMC, not YOU TOO!?!?!?!

Stay away from the light ... stay away from the light ...

Honestly, I think Mugglenet's all wet on that one. Snape killed Dumbledore with an Avada Kedavra; I'm not sure how JK Rowling could have made it any plainer. It was a moment that shocked and knocked the breath out of everyone. After putting Harry and all of us through that, I would be severely disappointed if she came back and said, "Ha, ha, fooled you!" It would feel not clever, but cheap and dishonest. JKR is a woman who hates gratuitous violence and knows that readers love to be tricked but not conned. So what's the difference between a trick and a con? Simple: Feelings and emotions. A trick merely distracts the reader's attention (e.g. the Ludo Bagman storyline), whereas a con involves playing with the reader's emotions, taking advantage of their confidence and making make them feel things they shouldn't. A trick is fun, but a con leaves you feeling used. The emotions JKR deliberately elicited in the final chapters of HBP were too powerful to be a ruse. If not, then I've been really conned.

I think that IF Snape turns out to be good (again, a big IF), then JKR's trick will be to respect our grief and outrage about Dumbledore's death (not try to cheapen it or take it away), yet create an equal amount of sympathy and understanding for the one who did it. Again, this goes back to the big unanswered questions: Did Snape harbor true loyalty and love for Dumlbedore, and if yes, WHY? Why would Dumbledore trust Snape any more than the other members of the Order? Did Dumbledore know he was going to die? I have confidence that JKR can come up with good answers if that is what she wants to do ... IF .

Edited by - n/a on 06/27/2007 11:28:43
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2007 :  12:30:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, she's already said there will still be much to discuss and argue over. What if she never clarifies the whole Snape-DD thing?

I haven't read HBP recently - is there an "AK" spoken in the Lightening Struck Tower chapter?

I know, I know - I'm giving in. I think Mugglenet is all wet about Snape in general but I'm still willing to consider the possibility that Dumbledore's death was not outright murder. It's that "Severus...please.." thing.

Edited by - AMC on 06/27/2007 12:31:27
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2007 :  13:03:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, Harry hit the nail on the head when he realized that all the horrible things that had happened came down to Voldemort in the end. If Snape did murder/kill Dumbledore for whatever reason, it was also the result of the the mechanations of Voldemort. We should always remain outraged about that. It's entirely possible that Snape was caught up too deeply in the game, and that he and Dumbledore were trapped and had little choice. Who knows. I do love the way JKR has written it so she can take whatever direction she chooses and make it work. There are highly intelligent people on all sides of the debate, but at this point all the opinions and debate don't mean that much anymore because we are so close to the real answers. I wouldn't mind, though, if Snape always remains an enigma. I kind of like him that way.

Edited by - n/a on 06/27/2007 13:34:45
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2007 :  17:23:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well yes... but it's a little like the shippers wars in books 1-5: the subject of Snape being good, bad or indifferent is so contentiously argued that it often sidetracks other HP discussions. I wouldn't mind if she clarified that bit!

Your avatar chokes me up - Hogwarts unite! You have nothing to lose but your Quiddich matches (and they've been cancelled for next year).

Go to Top of Page

dobbygirl
Barmy

USA
300 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2007 :  19:13:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AMC

Well, she's already said there will still be much to discuss and argue over. What if she never clarifies the whole Snape-DD thing?

Don't even say that! I will go crazy if she never clarifies (at least somewhat) Snape and DD's relationship.

I too, have read Mugglenet's book (though it's been awhile) but I do remember disagreeing whole-heartedly with their take on Snape and him killing DD. I think they're deluding themselves. I could live with Snape being on the good side, but I hope that JKR doesn't suddenly make Snape a "good" guy. He's done too many nasty and bad things to make him "good" (but that's just my opinion).

Proud member of SINUS

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2007 :  19:23:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that's the SINUS consensus, db - Snape may or may not have deserved DD's trust... but he is NOT a nice or "good" person.

A lot of people will go nuts if she doesn't... That's kind of why I'm bracing myself - I think JKR is secretly chuckling to herself about all the bits she's left unexplained.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2007 :  17:14:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*looks around hopefully for the pirate*

Yoo hoo, pirate! I have a job for you!

*snickers*

Edited by - n/a on 06/28/2007 17:15:27
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2007 :  18:29:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*Delivers case of firewhiskey and large dark chocolate cake bearing the inscription:

Snape - Bad was Never so Good

Enjoy! -- Love from SINE

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"

Edited by - Theowyn on 06/28/2007 18:30:39
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2007 :  23:22:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Finally! I think we sent over a goodie basket to SINE months ago, but - no hard feelings. I'll take my firewhiskey where I finds it. *pours a good bit of whiskey over the cake and digs in* YUM!

Pirrrrates? We have Pirates around here???

Edited by - AMC on 06/28/2007 23:23:38
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  18:32:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AMC
If there's no money on the table or I don't care if I lose... I'd say the nasty rotter was happy to rejoin his naturally evil bretheran and was more than ready to kill the old man who had kept him on such a short leash for so long in order to do so. It'd be more amusing that way[/blue]

Hehe! I just caught that. You know, I've searched my feelings and I honestly don't care if Snape turns out to be good or bad. However, a very evil part of me hopes he's bad, just to see all those famous HP know-it-alls be wrong. I'd laugh my butt off. I know, bad me.

Edited by - n/a on 06/29/2007 18:33:26
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2007 :  00:13:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pixie, you and I - we'd be great drinking companions, if only we weren't about 2000 miles apart. But what the hell - to us! The bad ones with good senses of humor! *toasts*

Were you sorted as a Slytherin too on the Yo-yo? I was - I loved that, mostly because everyone else wanted to be noble Gryffindors, know-it-all Ravenclaws or hard-working Hufflepuffs. Being haughty, ambitious and slightly evil may not be very admirable... but it provides an infinite number of possibilities for having fun.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2007 :  09:05:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I was a Ravenclaw, but that's OK because I can be a bit of a know-it-all. One split-house quiz put me in "Slytherclaw," though.

Jimmy Buffett had it right when he said:
"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane."

But the last line (ad lib) fits us all the best:
"If we weren't crazy, we'd all be insane."

Edited by - n/a on 07/01/2007 09:08:54
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  17:56:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*enters, flops down in cushy chair*
*props up feet on Snape-head Ottoman*
*nicks leftover whiskey-soaked chocolate cake*

Ahhhh! That's much better. Fridays at work are insane.

I just reread the last few chapters of HBP. Sorry, but that Snape is a rotten, hateful piece of work! Not a very nice guy! An inexcusable bully! A sadistic, scary teacher! A deeply horrible person! A nasty, underhanded slimeball! I just had to say it one more time before the DH comes out. I don't care if ends up doing something good, he's still a spiteful, cruel, adolescent jerk!

I need a moment's respite from the Snape-love that's pouring all over the internet these days. Poor, abused, brilliant, loyal, hard-working, misjudged, courageous, love-driven Snape. Blech!

*glowers*

I think I'm going to reread this topic from page one. That will make me feel better.

*grabs a double firewhisky and settles in for a good long read*

Go to Top of Page

dobbygirl
Barmy

USA
300 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  18:54:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I don't care if ends up doing something good, he's still a spiteful, cruel, adolescent jerk!

That one sentence is pretty much what we're all about here. We're such a misunderstood crowd. We don't necessarily hate Snape, we see him for what he really is: a nasty, underhanded slimeball. We don't gloss over (or make excuses for) his behavior. That is why I will be very disappointed if the reason for Snape's guilt is he had an unrequited love for Lily. I don't think Snape is really capable of romantic love. I could see him having guilt over betraying his friend Lily.

Darts, anyone?

*throws three darts in a row, misses Snape dartboard*

Ah, well, practice makes perfect.

Proud member of SINUS

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  19:02:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oooo, SINUS Party!

*Waves a wand, starts up the Music*

Here dobbygirl, have another firewhiskey - experience has shown that we all play better after downing a few.

Let me give it a try...
*Thwap!* Ugh.
*Thwap!* Ouch.
*Thwap!* SO sorry, my fault entirely!

Guess I'd better take my own advice!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  20:26:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I go read for an hour and by the time I get back, you all are having a PARTY! God, I LOVE this place!

Oh and by the way, after rereading this thread, I am more certain than ever that WE ROCK. We are brilliant and funny, and above all, we don't take ourselves too seriously. (And did I mention we were modest?) Oh, the memories! The magical passion-pit sidecar for Sirius's motorbike, Firenze's Nekkidness, Wuthering Heights, DobbyGirl's birthday party with the steamy blue drinks (even though things seemed to go downhill after that, wonder why?), and Slave!Snape. That was just the attitude adjustment I needed.

Hey, my turn at darts!

Whap! Whoops, I think that hit MrBen's picture. Sorry, Ben!
Whap! Did that hit the cake? Sorry about the mess... *wipes up a fingerfull of frosting* yum!
Whap! Oh no! Not the ale keg! *crouches down to catch the leaking ale in open mouth* Quick, grab the mugs! We can't let this go to waste!

Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  20:59:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*Grabs a whole bunch of mugs*

Hmm - not enough

*Casts a Sorcerer's Apprentice type charm to the mugs keep multiplying and marching up to the bar*

There! That's better. But we'd better get drinking!

*Grabs a mug and sets to*

Edited by - AMC on 07/06/2007 21:00:24
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  21:10:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know, since this may well be our final 2 weeks together as a small band - we may have a wave of new members after the 21st - I think we should live it up. Let's go get Snape on the kissing board and bring him back so we can throw tomatoes at him!

Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  21:17:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looky, Looky! Who has come to play:

Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  21:22:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This one's from Harry:

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  21:35:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whoohoo!

*bewitches tomatoes to fly at Snape*
*laughs as he runs around SINUS room trying to avoid flying red torpedoes*

More ale, please!

Edited by - n/a on 07/06/2007 21:41:07
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 24 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
St Mungo's © 2010 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
HP Galleries Wing at St Mungo's is in no way affiliated with JK Rowling, her publishers, Warner Brothers, any of its partners within the Harry Potter franchise, or any religious or healthcare institution.