Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 First Floor.......................Canon Obsessions
 Philosopher to Hallows
 Snape is a Nasty, Underhanded Slimeball (SINUS)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 24

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  14:09:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Accio Dartboard!

*Hangs dartboard back in its place of honor, performs permanent sticking charm. Smacks it a few times for good measure.*

Silly girl, to think it was that easy.

*Grabs Pixie's Pirate* Still have some energy left, love?

And I love you, I love you, I love you.
Like never before, like never before.

Edited by - AMC on 10/20/2006 14:10:34
Go to Top of Page

Starling
Confunded

United Kingdom
701 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  15:02:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

*transforms all the darts into canaries*

I wuv multicoloured werewolf puppies.
"When Mister Safety Catch Is Not On, Mister Crossbow Is Not Your Friend."
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  15:23:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*transfigures the canaries' beaks to have strong and sharp points and trains them to fly directly at Snape's beady little eyes*

This may actually improve our dart scores. You know we always used to miss the board a lot.

Go to Top of Page

Starling
Confunded

United Kingdom
701 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  15:57:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What, you never heard of magic darts?

Mind you, they miss the board a lot ... I seem to remember the first time we played it one flew out of the chimney and a little old lady came into the Leaky Cauldron complaining of a pain in her backside.

Flufficus totalis!

*the entire room, including furniture, dart-board and canaries turn into marshmallows*

Errr, I think I might have overdone it a bit.
Oooh, look at the time, I have to be somewhere else!
*exeunt persued by many swearwords*

Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  16:09:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sigh. *Flips her time-turner once*

Well look at that! All better.

*relaxes in a squashy chair*

No, our darts players are consistently and non-magically awful at aiming and hitting the actual board - the proximity of the bar to the darts game might have something to do with it.

Slushy, have you baked any of those scones recently? It's been an exhausting morning, I need refreshment.

Go to Top of Page

Starling
Confunded

United Kingdom
701 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  16:24:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know what that means, don't you.

It's cos they don't really want to hit the board, cos subconsciously they like Sev, really.

*pokes squashy chair*

That sure looks like a marshmallow to me ...

Edited by - Starling on 10/20/2006 16:25:04
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  16:37:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, we're all really repressed Snape-lovers here, really...

I've always wondered what made these chairs so squashy! Maybe they're marshmallow-filled. Yum. Now I'm tired and hungry.

Go to Top of Page

Starling
Confunded

United Kingdom
701 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  16:46:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*puts note on door*

"Please don't put the chairs too close to the fire. They might melt."

*draws moustache on Sev*

*sucks pencil*

*adds goatie*

Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  17:03:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sweet! *Gets a red pencil, draws a Van Dyke Collar on the dartboard picture.* He looks much better this way - of course, there is still a lot of room for improvement.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  18:27:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bwahahahaha! Finally! A Snape sympathizer with a sense of humor. Where have you been all our lives, dearie? Just for that, you can borrow our pirate anytime. We did send one over to SINE a while back, but I think he left them from lack of amusement.

So, what are your thoughts on Firenze's nekkidness? (Among the other stimulating things we discuss here...)

*attacks marshmallow chair*
*conjures chocolate and graham crackers*

Yum! Want some?
Go to Top of Page

Starling
Confunded

United Kingdom
701 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2006 :  12:40:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ruth (ye other half) says "Yes, but the important parts are horsy bits" about Firenze's nekkidness.

Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2006 :  15:20:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, have you ever seen a horse's naughty bits when ready to go? Most impressive.

Go to Top of Page

Starling
Confunded

United Kingdom
701 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2006 :  17:29:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*conveys message to Ruth*

She says she hasn't seen them from nearby, but it sounds like they'd scare any girl off.

I agree.

Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2006 :  19:43:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, you know - some girls are more adventurous than others. Some girls, for example, would ask for detention with Snape... Other girls swoon for skinny red heads , whereas we here tend to go for and . I think I'd date Firenze before I'd enter Snape's private dungeon...

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  14:27:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tsk Tsk. What would Firenze say if he knew his ummm ... you know ... were bing called "horsey bits" by us? I'm sure he thinks of himself as all centaur and therefore superior to silly human girls anyway.

Oh well, at least we still have our pirates! And our darts, and our cushy chairs. And Slushy, bless her. Where is that slacking house elf anyway? I think she's gone on vacation or something ...
Go to Top of Page

Starling
Confunded

United Kingdom
701 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  16:19:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If they aren't horsey bits, what are they? Centaurey bits?

Go to Top of Page

dobbygirl
Barmy

USA
300 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2006 :  18:48:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AMC

That's what always astonished me, Pixie - JKR writes Snape in scenes that are pretty much designed to make you hate his guts and yet the Snape-apologsts come along and say "Well, you know James really teased him a lot at school so he earned the hatred Snape felt towards him and that was transferred to Harry and besides Snape had a bad childhood so you can't expect him to behave with any kindness towards anyone else.." and I'm thinking "huh?"

"It is our choices, Harry that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities" Albus Dumbledore, Chamber of Secrets.

Nobody made Snape the way he is....his choices made him the way he is. This is what Snape apologists miss. Harry and Snape share similiarities of having lousy childhoods: both were treated rotten by their families and both were teased at school. How they chose to respond to these hardships is the key. Snape chose to be mean and vindictive to those around him. Harry, on the other hand, chose to remain largely a caring giving person (sure Harry has his moments of wanting revenge, no one is perfect).

Proud member of SINUS

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  04:05:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Look at the moments when Harry wanted revenge enough to attempt an Unforgiveable. Both times he'd just seen someone he loved murdered right in front of his eyes. First it was Sirius, the only father figure he'd ever known, and then it was Dumbledore, his icon and mentor. And Harry was what, fiteen-sixteen years old at the time? Of course he had a very hard time controlling his anger and he was tempted to strike back ... he has a lot of growing yet to do. But that hardly puts him in league with the Death Eaters.

I think JKR is very pointedly showing us the exact point at which Harry needs to decide what kind of person he will become. He can be like Dumbledore, and learn to control his andger and vengeance and show mercy, or he can step off the edge and become like his enemies. Now his feelings have been crystallized and focused onto one person: Snape. The next time he sees Snape, he will face this ultimate test. It doesn't matter whether Snape is good or evil ... it's Harry's decision about himself that really counts. In fact, if Snape is truly bad and Harry is still able to take the high road, Harry's accomplishment in terms of strength and maturity will be all the more meaningful, and powerful.

Edited by - n/a on 10/23/2006 04:34:29
Go to Top of Page

U-No-Poo
Addled

133 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  12:46:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pesky Pixie
In fact, if Snape is truly bad and Harry is still able to take the high road, Harry's accomplishment in terms of strength and maturity will be all the more meaningful, and powerful.

I would really enjoy seeing that happen. Brings the Oscar Wilde quote in your sig to mind.
Half of me wishes Snape were just bad so that instead of Harry having to swallow his words, a scene like that could take place. The other half wished it was all a ploy organised by Dumbledore to fool Voldemort, partly because I want Dumbledore to have been right in trusting Snape and because it likens to Dumbledore mooning Voldy from the grave.
I reconcile these two opposing forces by imagining that Snape merely works for himself, taking orders from either side where it suits him, or possibly works for Dumbledore rather, but given the choice would betray him rather than sacrifice himself. I think, however, that Dumbledore let Snape kill him in the end, ordered him even, knowing that Snape would end up helping Harry. This is the part Snape does not know.

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  20:14:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's certainly possible that DD pulled one over on all of us/them but it kind of undermines the whole concept of Harry as the Hero if DD's string-pulling dictates the final outcome of the plot's main conflict.

I do, however, love your image of DD mooning Voldy from the grave - somehow I think Dumbles would like that too! Can we get a mooning wizard smilie?

Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2006 :  21:54:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Lordy!

I just googled for images of Lupin in OotP - struck out, but guess what I found? Centaurs! Check 'em out - I'm thinking Lavendar and Patil were onto something.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2006 :  09:10:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whoa! Those are our centaurs? Move over, elves and pirates! *goggles*
Go to Top of Page

Starling
Confunded

United Kingdom
701 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2006 :  12:11:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Scuse me, where do I go if I'm a SINBODS? (Snape Is Nasty But On Dumbledore's Side).

Go to Top of Page

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2006 :  12:24:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmm, methinks I could be a SINBODS as well. But he's still well worth firing some darts at, so I think I'll just stay here.

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles
Haggy is (probably not) Cactus!

Edited by - Bee on 11/07/2006 12:25:01
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2006 :  13:04:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SINBODS? Heehee. Sounds naughty. Can one visit your club without becoming a full-fledged member?
Go to Top of Page

Starling
Confunded

United Kingdom
701 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2006 :  17:46:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The esteemed founder says "Certainly. We can be very convincing."

Edited by - Starling on 11/07/2006 17:48:15
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2006 :  00:22:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I'd say SINBODS can be a splinter group of SINUS (unless you don't think he's underhanded or a slimebag, in which case you need to get your own squashy chairs) as being in SINUS really doesn't commit one to thinking Snape is on anyone's side in particular. I'm undecided about whether he's on Dumbeldore's side or Voldy's or his own... and honestly, I don't care that much. So long as he isn't some pathetic excuse for an anti-hero, I'm okay. I know Ben would like to see him fry in oil and won't be happy unless he's proved to be EVIL so he could head up the second splinter group.. SIMBARF (Snape is Mighty Bad and Requires Frying).

Ooooo - the two splinter groups could have Quiddich games! Oh sorry, I'm getting ahead of myself.

So Starling, do you think Snape is merely Nasty or would you be willing to allow for some under-handedness and sliminess as well?

Go to Top of Page

Starling
Confunded

United Kingdom
701 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2006 :  05:30:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Slimy: seen his hair?

Under-handedness: well, that's pretty evident from the books.

I do like his sense of style, though (if one ignores slightly greying undies and nightgowns), and one must admit he's got a sense of humour. And then there's the fact that he had to kill the only guy who ever had faith in him. No wonder he was so angry when Harry called him a coward. Then there's the Alan Rickman factor (the voice! the hands!), which has nothing to do with the books.

(You know you're obsessed when ... both you and your partner refer to her grey knickers as "the Snape knickers").

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2006 :  14:32:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Then there's the Alan Rickman factor (the voice! the hands!), which has nothing to do with the books.

I'll never forget the first time I saw SS/PS and caught myself thinking, "Whoa! Snape is hot!" Then I heard his voice and realized he was the same actor from Die Hard and Robin Hood. Which, by the way, is another reason I think Snape must surely die in the end ... just to see what other creative way Alan can be killed off in a film (poor man!). He's already been poisoned, shot, stabbed, beaten, strangled, and drowned (all in one movie - Rasputin), run through with a sword (twice: Romeo and Juliet and Robin Hood), dropped from a skyscraper (Die Hard), and shot again (Quigley Down Under). Am I forgetting anything?

edit -- Oh, yes, death by sore throat!!! (Truly, Madly, Deeply) The poor man has no luck whatsoever.

All he needs now is .

Edited by - n/a on 11/08/2006 14:47:18
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2006 :  17:02:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well - in Sense & Sensibility he got Kate Wislet. A fate worse than death, perhaps (I hate Marianne, personally) but he seemed happy enough.

Okay, Movie!Snape is hot. I admit it, I adore Alan Rickman. I might even kick a Centaur out of bed (pasture?) to make room for him. And I can see where Movie!Snape's dungeon might be a fine and dandy place for a few periods of detention.

The word "knickers" always makes me giggle, just like the word "frock". Just don't hear those used much around here.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 24 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
St Mungo's © 2010 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
HP Galleries Wing at St Mungo's is in no way affiliated with JK Rowling, her publishers, Warner Brothers, any of its partners within the Harry Potter franchise, or any religious or healthcare institution.