Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 27

sunsethill
Confunded

USA
653 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2006 :  13:46:26  Show Profile  Visit sunsethill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Theowyn

Hi guys! Popping in to say that we are going to have a week delay for chapter 14. Ch 15 and 16 are currently in beta, so I need to hold off on posting until they are done. Thanks for your patience.

Patience? Who says we're patient??

Order of the Bookmark
Member HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e qua non
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  00:44:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sunsethill

quote:

Hi guys! Popping in to say that we are going to have a week delay for chapter 14. Ch 15 and 16 are currently in beta, so I need to hold off on posting until they are done. Thanks for your patience.

Patience? Who says we're patient??

For my patient - and not so patient - readers, chapter 14 is now out.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"
Go to Top of Page

Eeyore
Barmy

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  19:32:49  Show Profile  Send Eeyore a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I loved this chapter Theo. Mainly, I really liked the metaphor of the state of the castle as Harry's mind. It's too bad that he won't remember it, though. I really found myself wishing that he'd head off to talk to Snape after he left Dumbledore's office.

Oops! I hit the wrong button and it posted before I was done.

I really, really want to know just what Snape is doing in his spare time.

Eeyore

Order of the Bookmark
Member of HPEW & HPCS appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non

Edited by - Eeyore on 10/20/2006 19:37:18
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2006 :  23:43:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Really liked the chapter, Theo, once I had time to sit down and read it. The castle was a brilliant idea. It even inspired me to go back and make a new cover piece for HPEW so I could have a co-ordinating set of your stories in print. I'll work on chapter pages next. See what a corrupting influence you are? I really should have been cleaning house today.

Noticed that the rat in Professor Sprout's lesson was called a mouse once. Not that I'm that picky. We have a Dearly Departed One in the wall behind the sofa-- very nasty. Wish I could make it and its smell disappear.

Deliberatley causing mayhem in Snape's Potions class.
Member of the HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2006 :  01:18:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Siobhan, I'm honored! And thanks for pointing out the mouse/rat confusion. Even when Myf and I both read these essays multiple times, we still miss stuff.

Btw, the Stinging Tentacula is what Myf found so horrifying as mention a few pages ago. She REALLY doesn't like this plant.

I'm glad you guys liked the castle. Hogwarts has played such an overwhelmingly important role in Harry's life that it seemed fitting.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"

Edited by - Theowyn on 10/21/2006 01:21:36
Go to Top of Page

U-No-Poo
Addled

133 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  11:52:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another splendid chapter, Theo. I'm so hooked.
When I read that Hogwarts was going to act as a metaphor for Harry's soul, I thought: "Harry is going to get so irritated when he sees how well-developed his Slytherin side is." And voilá. I was pleased that the Hufflepuff quarters were complete too. Harry really is a good, loyal and caring person, but not everybody notes the importance of these qualities in him, obscured as they are by his bravery.
I wonder how Dumbledore is going to use this knowledge of Harry's conflict with Snape.

quote:
I will also do my best to work 'Skiving Snackboxes' as a password into the story at some point.

That's very sweet, thanx. But only if it works well, don't need to force anything in on my account.

quote:
Originally posted by Siobhan

I'll bet it was Ginny catching Harry naked in the Forbidden Forest with a Hippogriff!

I'm betting on Lucius/Bellatrix or something like that that will involve Lucius new spying job. Any more wild guesses?

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  11:57:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Perhaps I'll post them in a fanart section here. They are nothing fancy, just celtic interlace designs. All the chapter headings are clipart, but the cover pieces are ones I've put together myself from several sources. The interlace just works so well with the stories. For HPEW I did two kelpies (waterhorses or dragons) intertwined in something of a Yin and Yang configuration. One is black with green eyes, the other is white with red eyes. The celtic aspect just seems to come in with anything wizarding-- I love the interlaces on McGonagall's robes and the invisibility cloak in the movies.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2006 :  01:50:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by U-No-Poo
Another splendid chapter, Theo. I'm so hooked.

When I read that Hogwarts was going to act as a metaphor for Harry's soul, I thought: "Harry is going to get so irritated when he sees how well-developed his Slytherin side is." And voilá.
I love it when others can anticipate something like this in the story. It means I've got it right!

quote:
I was pleased that the Hufflepuff quarters were complete too. Harry really is a good, loyal and caring person, but not everybody notes the importance of these qualities in him, obscured as they are by his bravery...
Yes, Harry is deeply loyal and caring. He would have made an excellent Hufflepuff - well, except for the hard-working bit. Harry doesn't have a lot of patience for that. *coughhbppotionstextcough*

quote:
I wonder how Dumbledore is going to use this knowledge of Harry's conflict with Snape...
Ah... now that's an excellent question! DD is keeping a very close eye on Harry and Snape's relationship and is filing away all sorts of bits of information. He has a very good reason for doing this which, naturally, won't be revealed until the very end.

quote:
quote:
I will also do my best to work 'Skiving Snackboxes' as a password into the story at some point.
That's very sweet, thanx. But only if it works well, don't need to force anything in on my account.
No problem. I already know where this is going to go.

Siobhan, I would LOVE to see your art work!! PLEASE post them. I still have copies of the wonderful drawings Strawberry did for HPEW and I treasure them.

=====

Now for the bit of bad news. I am going to need to stick to a three-week release schedule for the next couple of months. This means:

Chapter 15 - 11/9
Chapter 16 - 11/30
Chapter 17 - 12/21

The main reason I have to do this is that I am working on a writing project over at LL that is going to take every last moment of my concentration until 11/19 - so a three week hiatus from HPCS.

Before you call me traitor, hear me out. You KNOW how much I love writing this story. So believe me when I say that I would only set it aside for something at least as near and dear to my heart. This is a very special opportunity that I simply can't pass up. I can't say any more about it just now, because it isn't public knowledge yet, but I do hope that you will all have the chance to see the finished product when it's done.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"

Edited by - Theowyn on 10/26/2006 02:13:02
Go to Top of Page

Myf
Confunded

571 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2006 :  06:46:17  Show Profile  Visit Myf's Homepage  Click to see Myf's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
So I'm sitting back and relaxing for a bit, Theo?

If you're looking for trouble you found it.
Professor Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2006 :  12:09:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Myf

So I'm sitting back and relaxing for a bit, Theo?
Actually no. I need you to take a look at ch15 which I edited a week ago and haven't gotten around to sending you. Thanks for reminding me. I will send it along in a bit.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"

Edited by - Theowyn on 10/26/2006 12:13:54
Go to Top of Page

Eeyore
Barmy

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2006 :  20:49:43  Show Profile  Send Eeyore a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well, that will give me plenty of time to re-read, I guess. Theo, I admire your dedication over at LL. I was involved with the Scibbulus at the beginning, but realized that I didn't have the time, and wasn't willing to make the time, so I resigned. So, good for you for sticking with it. Let us know when it's all ready.

Eeyore

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2006 :  10:30:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Eeyore

Well, that will give me plenty of time to re-read, I guess. Theo, I admire your dedication over at LL. I was involved with the Scibbulus at the beginning, but realized that I didn't have the time, and wasn't willing to make the time, so I resigned. So, good for you for sticking with it. Let us know when it's all ready.

No one can do everything. We all have different priorities and what's important is for each of us to know what ours are. What I have discovered at Scribbulus is that I enjoy editing other people's work almost as much as I enjoy writing. I just really love and appreciate every aspect of the craft. Consequently, it's something that I make a priority.

My work as an editor has never gotten in the way of my writing though. Even when I wrote my own essay for Scribbulus last month, the impact was fairly minimal (about a week). This, however, is a bigger project, hence the bigger chunk of time required. I will definitely let you know when it's ready.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"
Go to Top of Page

sunsethill
Confunded

USA
653 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2006 :  14:02:06  Show Profile  Visit sunsethill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I got the latest chapter (after waiting oh so patiently ) just before leaving for a short conference trip to Chicago, so I got to read it in the airport. Yippee! But I was NOWHERE near a computer to comment and then I got the stomach flu from hell when I got back. So here I am trying to comment just before the next chapter is due out.

I too loved the castle metaphor and also wished that Harry could remember it. But as I think about it, it really will be fun waiting to see how Dumbledore will use this information.

I would also say that this chapter is the first to really feel like HPEW to me. Of course, this means that I loved it, but it also made me realize what a great job you have done of making this story compatible with, but different from, your previous story.

I think I'll go reread this one so that I'll be ready for the next chapter Friday morning.

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e qua non
Go to Top of Page

Eeyore
Barmy

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2006 :  19:57:26  Show Profile  Send Eeyore a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I agree, sunsethill--this chapter did have more of a feel of HPEW to me as well. I'm not sure what the difference was, really.

But I'm looking forward to the chapter showing up in my inbox later this evening--and I'm very glad that I don't have to volunteer at the Food Bank tomorrow (it's closed for Veteran's Day), so I can enjoy reading a bit later--and rereading.

I'll have my tea all ready.

Eeyore

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2006 :  13:38:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Something tells me that our young Mr. Malfoy knows a bit more about the deaths of Professor Knight's relatives than is common knowledge. He should take a bit more care in being so open in his hostility.

I still think Knight more likely to be the murderer. Snape even suspects her. He knew she was following him in London. Then read the Daily Prophet article next day and put another case together (thus the flickering glance her way at breakfast).

Good chapter. Can't wait for the next!

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Eeyore
Barmy

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  02:43:23  Show Profile  Send Eeyore a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, she seems really trustworthy, but there is something that I don't trust about her, and it bothers me that Harry told her so much so easily. Of course, he was in a rather sticky situation, being caught where he definitely shouldn't have been. But I almost kept wishing that he had just gone to Snape instead of giving away so much.

Reminds me of Ryan, though, and I didn't trust him either. However, neither did Harry. So I'm not sure what it is about Knight that bothers me. But if Severus doesn't trust her, then that's good enough for me.

While I was waiting for the chapter, I spent much of the evening rereading the first ones, which I haven't had the time to do. And it's something I wish I'd done sooner--I realize now that I had forgotten much of the first ones that I read quickly over the summer, when I had too many other obligations to reread then. And the flow is quite good, Theo. I was just missing it because I was reading the chapters once and so far apart.

Going back, I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed the image of muggle-dressed Snape, when they went to London. I have the Alan Rickman "Celebrity Read" poster [:I] from the American Library Association on the wall near my laptop, and found myself looking up at it as I read that part. It's official--I am pathetic. But I know I'm in good company with you lot.

Eeyore

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  15:36:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not as pathetic as those of us who covet that poster of yours!
Did you order it on-line? The best HP poster I have was a surprise. Remember when the first movie came out and there was a trivia contest running on line? You had to go back every week and answer three questions. Those with the highest scores were set for prizes. I didn't win initally since I missed a couple of weeks, but I got a letter later on saying they had left over prizes and I qualified for one if I was still interested. In the end I got an official movie poster in the mail. Not bad for free.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Eeyore
Barmy

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2006 :  20:33:40  Show Profile  Send Eeyore a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, I ordered it on-line. It's on their products page, under celebrity read posters. But to make it simpler, here's the link:

http://www.alastore.ala.org/SiteSolution.taf?_sn=catalog&_pn=sub_category&_op=44

Alan is near the top, as they are alphabetical by first name. Odd way to do it, but there you go.

I have some movie posters from the first movie that Sears was giving away--without any Sears logo on it. Yay! One is the one with the owl delivering the letter, and the other is the one of the first years crossing the lake in the boats with the castle in the background.

Eeyore

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2006 :  01:19:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Something tells me that our young Mr. Malfoy knows a bit more about the deaths of Professor Knight's relatives than is common knowledge. He should take a bit more care in being so open in his hostility.

I still think Knight more likely to be the murderer. Snape even suspects her. He knew she was following him in London. Then read the Daily Prophet article next day and put another case together (thus the flickering glance her way at breakfast).

Very interesting observations. So what makes you think that Severus knew he was being followed?

Eeyore, I'm glad the story flowed well when you re-read. Serialized stories are difficult because you do forget what's come before. Heck, even I have to go back and re-read from time to time to figure out where I am.

Poor Harry was quite indiscrete with Knight, but as you say, he had little choice. Pigs will fly before it occurs to him to be honest with Snape.

Also, Sunsethill and Eeyore, I'd be really interested to know why ch14 felt more like HPEW to you than any of the previous ones. And did ch15 feel more or less HPEWish?

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"

Edited by - Theowyn on 11/12/2006 01:26:24
Go to Top of Page

Eeyore
Barmy

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2006 :  07:06:05  Show Profile  Send Eeyore a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure why it felt more like HPEW, and this last one did as well. Maybe it's the snarkiness of Harry and Snape. I'll have to look back at both chapters to really answer it.

But I suspect it has more to do with my reading the chapters closer together, and having the story have more continuity. Not that it doesn't, when you read one chapter after another, but I just wasn't able to read more than the current chapter until now.

sunsethill might have a better answer for that one than I do. I was just agreeing with her point without really giving it much in depth thought.

Eeyore

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2006 :  13:08:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

So what makes you think that Severus knew he was being followed?
The way he was behaving was like someone who either suspects, or is afraid he is being followed-- all that doubling back, waiting at bus stops then crossing the street, and going miles one way only to change directions entirely-- he was trying to lose someone or confuse them enough so they would not know where they were or how they got there. He may not have known whom it was, but he knew, or suspected the likelyhood that, he was being followed. When that is combined with his look towards Knight and the liklihood that he knows Moody (the next most paranoid person in HPEW with a decided suspicion of Snape) put Knight up for her job, and Knight's background, it seems Snape would be wise to be on his guard against her.
On the other hand, I could be completely wrong. He could simply be more paranoid than Moody.

On Malfoy, if he keeps it up, his family may be targeted next. I wonder what would happen if Lucius suddenly up and died in Azkaban? Or is he there in HPCS-- I can't remember.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2006 :  19:52:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

So what makes you think that Severus knew he was being followed?
The way he was behaving was like someone who either suspects, or is afraid he is being followed-- all that doubling back, waiting at bus stops then crossing the street, and going miles one way only to change directions entirely-- he was trying to lose someone or confuse them enough so they would not know where they were or how they got there. He may not have known whom it was, but he knew, or suspected the likelyhood that, he was being followed. When that is combined with his look towards Knight and the liklihood that he knows Moody (the next most paranoid person in HPEW with a decided suspicion of Snape) put Knight up for her job, and Knight's background, it seems Snape would be wise to be on his guard against her.
On the other hand, I could be completely wrong. He could simply be more paranoid than Moody.

Brilliant reasoning! Of course, I can't tell you if you're right or not. I will say though that there was obviously some reason for the way Snape was behaving.
quote:
On Malfoy, if he keeps it up, his family may be targeted next. I wonder what would happen if Lucius suddenly up and died in Azkaban? Or is he there in HPCS-- I can't remember.

Good observation about Draco being rather indiscreet. But then he's convinced that Snape is the one killing the Death Eaters and is very careful not to step out of line around his head of house... except for that rather imprudent argument he and Harry had in the entrance hall. Ah well...

And yes, Lucius is still at large. Take a peek back at chapter 8 for the particulars on that.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"
Go to Top of Page

Eeyore
Barmy

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2006 :  21:02:24  Show Profile  Send Eeyore a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, I just reread Chapter 8 last night, and had forgotten the conversation that Lucius and Severus had. Interesting--but we still don't know where Severus is going with involving Lucius, do we?

Something about that seemed out of character for Lucius, if I may say so. It shows him as having a conscience and having respect for Snape, and my understanding of Lucius Malfoy is that he has neither. I see him as very arrogant with no redeeming qualities, so I find it hard to accept that he would do any sort of deal with Snape, or that he would admit to having felt that Snape's punishment from Voldemort (that nearly killed him) was too severe. Unless he was imagining what it would have been like to endure it, and that's the reason he still bows down to Voldemort. I just see him as more self-centered than he seemed in that particular instance.

Eeyore

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2006 :  21:15:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We really haven't much to go on when it comes to Lucius' behaviour with friends, for lack of a more accurate term. That must make him very difficult to write. When we've seen him he is dealing with people he considers beneath him (which is practically everyone) or someone he's afraid of. Have we ever seen Lucius and Severus interact in canon before? Urghhh. It's been too long since I finished reading PoA to Daughter.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2006 :  17:25:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lucius is certainly an arrogant git, but he is surely also human. That is the message we learned in HBP. How many of us would have imagined that Narcissa had a heart buried somewhere under that arrogant exterior Harry sees. Compare her at Spinner's End versus her run in with Harry at Diagon Alley in HBP. I don't think it's over-reaching to assume that Lucius is as complex a character as his wife.

If Narcissa is to be believed, Lucius and Severus are old friends and I do think they have some concept of what that word means. That doesn't mean that either one is going to stick his neck out for the other; they are Slytherins after all. But they would help one another if it didn't cost them anything and certainly if it was to their advantage to do so. In chapter 8, this is exactly what Severus is arguing.

The fallout from the revelation of Snape's treachery was not trivial for the DEs nor for Lucius in particular. Lucius was genuinely shocked both by Severus's betrayal and the torture he endured. This isn't inconsistent with Lucius's own delight in tormenting the Muggles at the Quidditch World Cup, because he didn't see them as people. He dehumanizes his victims as does anyone who commits such acts. But to watch an old friend undergo such extreme torture is something else entirely.

It shook him, not least because he knows that it could happen to him if he slips up. Lucius had a very comfortable life before LV returned, one that has been shattered. The world is at war now and the stakes are high. If the Dark Lord is defeated Lucius is ruined. There has to be doubt lurking in his mind somewhere. For all his pure-blood prejudice, first and foremost Lucius wants what's best for himself.

On top of this, his own son is rapidly approaching the age when he will be expected to join the fray and risk his life and freedom. That can change a person's perspective. And Snape knows his old friend well. He knows that Draco is Lucius's weak spot and hammers his point home. "You condemn not only yourself, but your son and his sons and their sons..."

For all his arrogant ambition, Lucius is a father and he doesn't want his son to live in fear or to suffer the punishments he is routinely subjected to for every failure. If Severus can give him a way out - one that won't cost him anything - then he'll take it. What's more in character for a Slytherin than to ensure that he'll come out on top regardless of which way the war goes?

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"
Go to Top of Page

Krabat
Giddy

Germany
40 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2006 :  03:36:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum, actually I never participated in a forum before, but I thought now is a good time to give it a try. A couple of days ago I reread Theowyns novel at the the sugarquill and was delighted to see that there is a sequel in the making. I really enjoyed the first novel because it really succeeds in fleshing out the characters of Harry and especially Snape. Anyway, I started to read the sequel and was immediately hooked. When I had finished reading the last chapter at SQ I googled to see if could find anything else about the story. So I ended up here and read the first couple of pages of this topic. I would really enjoy to join your discussion, but I noticed that you are already a couple of chapters ahead of me. So now my question, is it possible to get included in your chapter mailing list or would you rather not extend your group (in which case I beg for an update on SQ!!!!)?

Anyway, Theowyn, I enjoy your story immensely and appreciate the care you obviously took in plotting it.
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2006 :  10:26:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome, Krabat!!!!!
Glad you could come join us. We're a bit silly, but a very congenial lot. We are indeed a little further ahead in the story than the SugarQuill. We also get extras-- like bonus features on a DVD-- from time to time. It's one of the advantages of being here. Hmm. Next I'll sound like a credit card ad and say "membership has its priviledges".

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2006 :  15:26:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Krabat!

It's always lovely to meet a new HPEW/HPCS fan. I would be happy to send you the chapters that are not yet on SQ. Just PM me with your email address and I'll get them to you.

Theowyn

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"
Go to Top of Page

sunsethill
Confunded

USA
653 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2006 :  14:11:53  Show Profile  Visit sunsethill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Also, Sunsethill and Eeyore, I'd be really interested to know why ch14 felt more like HPEW to you than any of the previous ones. And did ch15 feel more or less HPEWish?

It has been so long now that I can't remember why I said that. Let me go back and read it again and I'll think about what I noticed. And, no, I don't remember having such a strong HPEW feeling for ch15--not that that's bad, you understand.

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e qua non
Go to Top of Page

Eeyore
Barmy

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2006 :  03:22:21  Show Profile  Send Eeyore a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm feeling particularly dense at the moment, Theo. I just re-read the last three chapters to remind myself of what was going on before we get the newest one. And at the end of chapter 15, it suddenly occured to me that Harry stupidly played right into Draco's plan. Draco seems to have purposely landed himself in detention with Professor Knight--really backed her into a corner of having to give him detention--which effectively takes her out of spying/following Snape that evening. Hence, if Snape goes out on one of his nighttime wanderings, he won't have any back-up, in the form of Knight following along. And that's just what Draco would want. Hmph. How did I miss that the first time I read it? Or am I reading in something that isn't there?

EDIT: All of which means, I'm rethinking my previous thoughts on whether or not Knight is trustworthy. This time through, she didn't seem so.... sinister.

Eeyore

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e. qua non

Edited by - Eeyore on 11/30/2006 03:25:33
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 27 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
St Mungo's © 2010 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
HP Galleries Wing at St Mungo's is in no way affiliated with JK Rowling, her publishers, Warner Brothers, any of its partners within the Harry Potter franchise, or any religious or healthcare institution.