Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 27

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2006 :  21:50:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does HPCS continue into school or is it just a Summer interlude?

Deliberatley causing mayhem in Snape's Potions class.
Member of the HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2006 :  11:26:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Siobhan

Does HPCS continue into school or is it just a Summer interlude?

No, no, it's not just summer! I know it probably feels that way, but they do finally get to school in chapter 11 and LV will be defeated by the end.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2006 :  12:53:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just wondered since after HPEW was finished you had said you would be writing about the summer at Grimmauld Place. Wasn't certain if this would be a short story, or a full blown seventh year novel. I'm glad it will be longer.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2006 :  13:07:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I just wondered since after HPEW was finished you had said you would be writing about the summer at Grimmauld Place. Wasn't certain if this would be a short story, or a full blown seventh year novel. I'm glad it will be longer.

I did intend to do a couple of fluffy short stories about summer, but HBP was so heavy and generated so much anger, grief and bitterness throughout fandom that I just didn't have the heart to write anything light and silly after that.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2006 :  11:45:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gee, you mean you didn't feel lighthearted and slightly giddy after HBP?
I know I felt positively ill. That is part of the reason I'm not all that anxious about book seven, I think.

Oooh, it's Thursday!
Isn't this a chapter week?

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

sunsethill
Confunded

USA
653 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2006 :  12:04:18  Show Profile  Visit sunsethill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Gee, you mean you didn't feel lighthearted and slightly giddy after HBP?
I know I felt positively ill. That is part of the reason I'm not all that anxious about book seven, I think.

Oooh, it's Thursday!
Isn't this a chapter week?

YES! But it's not fair, Siobhan. First I had the trauma of what Rowling did to Snape, and now I'm having to suffer through what Theo is doing to him. I can only take so much!

Order of the Bookmark
Member HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e qua non
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2006 :  14:54:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sunsethill

YES! But it's not fair, Siobhan. First I had the trauma of what Rowling did to Snape, and now I'm having to suffer through what Theo is doing to him. I can only take so much!

But at least you know that ultimately you can trust me.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2006 :  15:51:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So is today a chapter day????

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2006 :  16:01:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

So is today a chapter day????

Yes it is and it will be an early chapter day. I plan to send it out as soon as I get home which should be around 5:30pm PST.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2006 :  16:05:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2006 :  20:24:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chapter 9 has been sent.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"
Go to Top of Page

Eeyore
Barmy

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2006 :  03:43:26  Show Profile  Send Eeyore a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
And it was wonderful, Theo. I was so glad to get it early. I'm at day camp this week, and getting a chapter, full of Severus and Remus and Harry doing the right thing was just what I needed. I want to read it again, but it may have to wait till Saturday.

Tomorrow we have day camp, the little kids go home and the rest of us stay for the overnight. I won't get home till about 10 or 11 am on Saturday--with no sleep.

I'll come back to discuss later--like Sunday or Monday.

Eeyore

Order of the Bookmark
Member of HPEW & HPCS appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2006 :  14:47:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just printed and read the chapter, Theo. I really enjoyed the conversation between Severus and Remus. The whole "wolf in sheep's clothing" aspect was well done.

Dumbledore said what he needed to, and in character, but I've always had a gag reflex when he starts talking about love. Don't know why. The scenes in the books(and movies)where Dumbledore steps in and ties things up have always seemed somehow odd to me-- unreal in a way. The humor has been their saving grace. I still want to know how Dumbledore knew what earwax tasted like.

Thank goodness Harry got himself out of that situation with Moody. Hopefully that life lesson sticks-- don't do others' dirty work for them. At least Moody enlisted Harry only because he couldn't find another way of getting what he wanted and not because he was too goody-goody to get his hands (and conscience) dirty.

Harry is convinced that Snape is the murderer, though, isn't he? He plans to prove Snape's guilt before Moody does, right? It seems to me there should be more room for doubt in his mind than that. I don't mean that as a complaint regarding the writing, but as a wish for an individual's growth. It's so easy to close one's mind to the posibility that one could be wrong and in consequence find only the answer they seek.

I love Remus saying "I've just always been one to overloook the failings of my friends." Snape can't accept friendship even though he desires it. That's so unfortunate. I wonder would he accept fame and praise well? If he were to play a pivotal role in defeating Voldemort, and receive praise for it, would he feel good about it? Would he truly feel he desereved it? Or would he still think so poorly of himself that it would be a hollow experience? We know he'd talk big (it's about time my talents, hard work, and personal sacrifice were appreciated), but would he truly believe it?

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2006 :  15:39:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for all the wonderful thoughts, Siobhan.
quote:

Dumbledore said what he needed to, and in character, but I've always had a gag reflex when he starts talking about love.

Lot's of people do. So do I, but that's DD and there's nothing for it. What's key here is that he takes this beyond, "Harry you're a great guy and that alone will defeat LV", to something more practical and universal. We are all faced with moral or ethical dilemmas in our lives. When we are, we need to let out conscience guide us. Because, "If we donít believe in the choices we make then how can we possibly live with them?"

quote:
Harry is convinced that Snape is the murderer, though, isn't he? He plans to prove Snape's guilt before Moody does, right? It seems to me there should be more room for doubt in his mind than that. I don't mean that as a complaint regarding the writing, but as a wish for an individual's growth. It's so easy to close one's mind to the posibility that one could be wrong and in consequence find only the answer they seek.

Yes, and everyone does this. Moody, Remus, the Death Eaters - no one has voiced the slightest doubt that Snape is responsible. But this goes beyond Snape. From LV's ill-considered decision to believe the prophecy to the media's on again/off again worship of Harry, to the blind conceit that other beings are inferior to wizards and happy to look up to them; the whole wizarding world seems to have a chronic case of seeing what they want (or expect) to see.

quote:
I love Remus saying "I've just always been one to overloook the failings of my friends." Snape can't accept friendship even though he desires it. That's so unfortunate. I wonder would he accept fame and praise well?

That's a great question. I think he would be fine with the tangible rewards: the Order of Merlin and so forth. These are similar to earning top marks in class. What he would have trouble adjusting to is the emotional aspect. I think any sort of sincere personal admiration or gratitude from others would make him uncomfortable because he simply has no experience with it.

A word on Remus. My Remus is the wisest person around next to DD when it comes to emotions. He and Severus are night and day on this. While they have both suffered rejection and pain in their lives, Remus has responded by developing great empathy for others, whereas Severus has cut himself off emotionally from everyone.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2006 :  17:13:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ever wonder what Snape would have been like if he could have spent enough time with Lily? It would seem, he could have learnt something from her. Then again, at this point, I'm getting confused with what we know about Lily from canon and the films. Has JK ever confirmed that the insight given us in the movie of PoA regarding Lily was true-- aside from the little bit we see of her in Snape's memory, that is? If she was the compassionate, truly kind and accepting person I think she was, she could have helped a young Severus develop a little differently. Ah well, that's neither here nor there is it-- idle speculation.
quote:
the whole wizarding world seems to have a chronic case of seeing what they want (or expect) to see.

I think we could open this up to the world in general. The whole reason muggles don't notice the odd wizarding things going on around them is because they are firmly convinced that what they see, can't be or "must be" truly something else entirely. And then there's "pre-conceived notions", "outlook determining reality", "judging books by their covers" .... It just seems so unfortunate that people aren't more capable of keeping their minds open just a little bit-- allowing that people and things may not be what they seem at first glance or that conclusions drawn may be incorrect. Closing off that "might be" by saying "definitely" can be a tricky thing-- especially if done rashly, and it happens all the time.

Well, I've gone from cynical to despondent in record time. Must be the weather.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2006 :  17:59:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well, I've gone from cynical to despondent in record time. Must be the weather.

Well, starting off any thought process with "Ever wonder what Snape would have been like if ..." is guranteed to do that.

People do tend to rush to judgement, but most are also capable of revising that judgement when they come to know someone better. Snape's problem is that almost no one knows him and given his charming personality, no one makes any effort to - not that he'd let anyone get close to him even if they tried. This is why he remains such an enigma.

As to Lily, I don't know if the PoA movie had JKR's blessing, but I'm certain they guessed right. Just the fact that Lily would even try to stick up for Severus says so much about her. And yes, it is tragic that Severus spent all of his time in a pitched battle with the Marauders instead of forming healthy friendships at school. He would indeed be a very different person if he had.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"
Go to Top of Page

Eeyore
Barmy

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2006 :  01:21:56  Show Profile  Send Eeyore a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
A word on Remus. My Remus is the wisest person around next to DD when it comes to emotions. He and Severus are night and day on this. While they have both suffered rejection and pain in their lives, Remus has responded by developing great empathy for others, whereas Severus has cut himself off emotionally from everyone.

Well, of course, Remus is wise--that's why he's one of my favorite adult characters. So, what we have is Remus and Severus being a mirro of Harry and Voldemort, no? Harry, like Remus, is empathetic and caring, even though his background is similar to Voldemort, whose early background was very like Harry's. Yet they turned out so differently. I hadn't thought of those two in that way, so thanks for bringing it up.

Eeyore

Order of the Bookmark
Member of HPEW & HPCS appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

sunsethill
Confunded

USA
653 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2006 :  11:38:49  Show Profile  Visit sunsethill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow, I was on vacation during the first few days this chapter was out and expected that everything would have been said already about Chapter 9. I guess everyone else has been on vacation, too.

Theo, one of the things I loved about HPEW was how closely the voice of Harry and his perspective coincided with Rowlings. But I must admit that I am enjoying being able to get a direct look at the private conversations of the adults in this story. The Remus-Severus conversation was awesome. You are fleshing out Severus' character beautifully--and tragically. And the exploration of what exactly Remus' lycanthropy means was very intriguing. We know from canon that people in the magical world fear werewolves, and not just at the full moon. But we never really see Remus having any characteristics that aren't completely wizardly--so how exactly does the curse affect the werewolf the rest of the month? And it is ironic, but believable that actually seeing those traits in Remus would cause the harsh man that Snape is to admire Remus more.

quote:
Snape: "Why are you so sure he's wrong about me?"
Lupin: "I'm not. I've just always been one to overlook the failings of my friends."

Wonderful interchange. Will having this fault apply to him now cause Severus to lose some of his bitterness? We can only hope.

But I also loved the following exchange:
quote:
"Ever the voice of reason and reconciliation, eh, Lupin?" Snape sneered. "Pity no one has ever listened."
"You're welcome to be the first."

Lovely writing. Dare we hope that Snape will be the first, Theo?

Harry's conversation with Dumbledore was also very good. I don't envy anyone writing Dumbledore. He must be a bear! But I think you got him spot-on.

The conversation between Severus and Harry...Severus' pain just made me want to cry. And now Harry reaps his first reward of sneaking around. He can't tell Snape the truth and sort things out.

I was also intrigued by the scene of Harry finding Dumbledore examining the gash on the portrait. Was that just a nice corroborative detail, or do I just have an obsession with that portrait getting what it deserves? Does the fact that Snape was able to harm the portrait mean anything? See, I spend almost as much time trying to figure out what you're doing, Theo, as I do Rowling.

While I would personally like Harry to just forget about trying to find evidence of the person doing the killing (see, I'm still not convinced it is murder), I think you made a very good point that Moody isn't going to stop and so if Harry wants to remain loyal to Snape, then getting the issue settled first would be a wise thing to do. But, oh I wish that their relationship was strong enough for Harry to just have talked to Snape.

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e qua non
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2006 :  12:24:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I caught myself thinking "why doesn't Harry just talk to him?" then realised "Duh! Harry never talks outright to anybody. Any more than they do to him." Was amazed that Harry actually posed a hypothetical situation to Dumbledore.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2006 :  19:57:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunsethill, I'm glad you enjoyed this chapter so much. This was the hardest chapter to write to date. I think I went through about nine versions before I was done and it took me two weeks just to work out the order of the conversations. That's because so much had to go into this chapter and it's virtually all dialogue which is far harder to write than action. In particular, this much dialogue can start to feel like exposition and become tedious if isn't kept tight, so I was very concerned about that. I am very happy that this seems to have worked.

quote:

And the exploration of what exactly Remus' lycanthropy means was very intriguing. We know from canon that people in the magical world fear werewolves, and not just at the full moon. But we never really see Remus having any characteristics that aren't completely wizardly--so how exactly does the curse affect the werewolf the rest of the month?

This part just sort of slipped into the story. Lycantrhopy is often a metaphor for the battle between man's civilized and animalistic natures. Beneath the manners and ethics of society is the baser nature threatening to get the better of a man. In HP, of course, this struggle is literal and once a month, the beast wins out.

But I personally don't think of the beast as all bad. It is an integral part of our nature and a necessary part. The wolf has many good qualities. It is cunning, loyal, protective of its own and a formidable fighter.

Remus, having been a werewolf virtually his whole life, has compartmentalized his personality. He has emphasized those qualities that are acceptable to society. He is mild, polite, soft-spoken. He goes along and gets along with everyone. But everyone has a darker side. Remus associates his with the wolf and suppresses it out of fear that he will be rejected because of it. But it is a necessary part of him as well and it is not inherently bad. It peaks out here when his concern and indignation on Severus's behalf make him angry.

quote:
And it is ironic, but believable that actually seeing those traits in Remus would cause the harsh man that Snape is to admire Remus more.

Yes, Snape has no use for those who are too nice. He is intrigued by the fierceness and dangerousness of the darker side of Remus's personality. It is something he understands and respects.

quote:
Harry's conversation with Dumbledore was also very good. I don't envy anyone writing Dumbledore. He must be a bear! But I think you got him spot-on.

Oh good! To be honest, DD isn't too hard to write because he always has something to say, albeit enigmatically. The toughest dialogue to write is the smalltalk between the kids.

quote:
I was also intrigued by the scene of Harry finding Dumbledore examining the gash on the portrait. Was that just a nice corroborative detail, or do I just have an obsession with that portrait getting what it deserves? Does the fact that Snape was able to harm the portrait mean anything? See, I spend almost as much time trying to figure out what you're doing, Theo, as I do Rowling.

I'm honored! This little scene isn't important to the story, per se, but it isn't irrelevant either. DD was quite impressed with Snape's handiwork - very few wizards could have sliced the portrait up the way Snape did. But DD was equally concerned that Snape had lost control and instinctively used that bit of Dark magic. DD is not deaf to Moody's suspicions and he's already worried about Snape's stability. The incident with Mrs. B is just one more hint of how close to the edge Snape is.

quote:
[From Siobhan]Was amazed that Harry actually posed a hypothetical situation to Dumbledore.

This is a mark of two things:

1) Just how at sea Harry was over this issue and
2) The fact that he is beginning to grow up.

Part of being mature is knowing when you're out of your depth and need advice.

PS: I have now posted Chapter 1 out at The Sugar Quill.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"

Edited by - Theowyn on 07/29/2006 23:30:40
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2006 :  14:53:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You already have at least six reviews over at SQ. I checked earlier. Sounds like everyone is glad to have more of your work.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

sunsethill
Confunded

USA
653 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2006 :  17:19:43  Show Profile  Visit sunsethill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

You already have at least six reviews over at SQ. I checked earlier. Sounds like everyone is glad to have more of your work.

Ah, yes. I will publish the news on a discussion list for Aspen in the Sunlight's A Year Like None Other. Many of the members, including Aspen, loved HPEW and were REALLY happy to know you were writing the sequel, Theo.

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e qua non
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2006 :  18:07:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys! You're so sweet.

Er... now for the bad news. I just realized that this Thursday is supposed to be the release date for chapter 10.

However, between my surgery, vacation and having to do a complete rewrite of chapter 10, I have fallen terribly behind in my writing schedule. Chapter 10 has not passed final beta yet; I have just sent the baseline version of chapter 11 off to Myf and I haven't even finished writing chapter 12.

The upshot of all this is that even though I will probably have the finished version of chapter 10 by Thursday, I would rather hold off another week and give it to you on August 10th, then wait another three weeks and give you chapter 11 on August 31st.

I desperately need the time and chapter 10 is the ideal place to buy it because this is the transition between summer and school. The title, "The Hogwarts Express", says it all.

So bear with me. [:I]

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"

Edited by - Theowyn on 07/31/2006 18:13:31
Go to Top of Page

sunsethill
Confunded

USA
653 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2006 :  20:13:50  Show Profile  Visit sunsethill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Theo, you give me so much enjoyment with your story that I certainly don't want you feeling pressured by an artificial schedule. Take all the time you need so that this is fun for you, too.

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e qua non
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2006 :  11:16:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No prob, Theo. I think everyone is occupied enough to survive the delay. We are starting school this week. That first week's always enough to handle at any one time.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2006 :  12:33:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys. I'll send out an email tonight about the delay.

I really do need to stay several chapters ahead, otherwise I'm liable to run into plot holes. When I ran into my train wreck in chapter 10, I had to go back and tweak chapter 7 - two days before I gave it to you! So you can see how being only two chapters ahead is stressful.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"
Go to Top of Page

sunsethill
Confunded

USA
653 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2006 :  13:56:43  Show Profile  Visit sunsethill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Theowyn

Thanks guys. I'll send out an email tonight about the delay.

I really do need to stay several chapters ahead, otherwise I'm liable to run into plot holes. When I ran into my train wreck in chapter 10, I had to go back and tweak chapter 7 - two days before I gave it to you! So you can see how being only two chapters ahead is stressful.

Oh, can you tell us about the plot hole that needed to be filled or will that give too much away for later? (The snake doesn't have anything to do with anything--I've just been wanting to use it!)

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e qua non
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2006 :  17:25:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Oh, can you tell us about the plot hole that needed to be filled or will that give too much away for later? (The snake doesn't have anything to do with anything--I've just been wanting to use it!)

What happened was that Myf took one look at chapter 10 and said, "No, no, this will never work!!" Of course she was absolutely right, as always, but it meant a complete rewrite from the moment the kids set foot on the train. The entire plot of the chapter had to go and a new one had to take its place.

Not only did this effect subsequent chapters, we also realized in our discussions that I was missing a hook in chapter 7. Myf correctly pointed out that I needed to introduce the Department of Public Security at that point and so the conversation where Mr. Weasley tells Harry about this got slipped in at the 11th hour.

All the work was definitely worth it though, because the current chapter 10 is 1000 times better than the original. Not just because it works better in and of itself, but because the new plotting will work much better as the story advances.

Which all goes to prove that a good editor, like a good mechanic, is worth their weight in gold.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"

Edited by - Theowyn on 08/01/2006 17:26:55
Go to Top of Page

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2006 :  16:30:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just read Chapter 9 and loved it. I am so, so glad that for once, Harry didn't do anything stupid. Seeking Dumbledore's advice, listening to his conscience, and - best of all - NO SPYING (eavesdropping doesn't count - that's an inbuilt feature of Harry's character)... yay, yay, yay.

I LOVED the exchange between Snape and Lupin. I particularly love how you linked Lupin's fierce loyalty to his lycanthropy. I hope we get to see more interactions between Snape and Lupin. Their relationship is so interesting.

You write Dumbledore so well. Gave me the heebie-jeebies because I kept thinking, "This isn't right, he can't be saying these things - he's dead!". I'm one of those people who squirms whenever Dumbledore goes into one of his "Love conquers all" rants, but that's just the way he is, eh? I feel your Dumbledore is spot-on.

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles
Haggy is (probably not) Cactus!
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2006 :  22:13:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bee

Just read Chapter 9 and loved it. I am so, so glad that for once, Harry didn't do anything stupid. Seeking Dumbledore's advice, listening to his conscience, and - best of all - NO SPYING (eavesdropping doesn't count - that's an inbuilt feature of Harry's character)... yay, yay, yay.

Glad you loved the chapter, Bee. Harry has definitely got his priorities straight now - at least for the moment. It's awfully tough at 17 to navigate all of the nuances of the adult world. He's a good kid though and his conscience would never let him do anything genuinely wrong.

quote:
I LOVED the exchange between Snape and Lupin. I particularly love how you linked Lupin's fierce loyalty to his lycanthropy. I hope we get to see more interactions between Snape and Lupin. Their relationship is so interesting.
This is one of my favorite relationships too. Remus is every bit as sharp witted as Severus and they have so much history together. They've known one another since they were 11 after all and they're exact contemporaries as well as exact opposites in so many ways. Consequently, they have wonderful potential for verbal fencing. It's a joy to write them together.

quote:
You write Dumbledore so well. Gave me the heebie-jeebies because I kept thinking, "This isn't right, he can't be saying these things - he's dead!". I'm one of those people who squirms whenever Dumbledore goes into one of his "Love conquers all" rants, but that's just the way he is, eh? I feel your Dumbledore is spot-on.

Thank you! I'm glad I could give you the heebie-jeebies. The great thing about AU fan fiction is that our beloved DD can live again.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"

Edited by - Theowyn on 08/02/2006 22:48:05
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 27 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
St Mungo's © 2010 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
HP Galleries Wing at St Mungo's is in no way affiliated with JK Rowling, her publishers, Warner Brothers, any of its partners within the Harry Potter franchise, or any religious or healthcare institution.