Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 27

sunsethill
Confunded

USA
653 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2006 :  12:52:03  Show Profile  Visit sunsethill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Theowyn
Lol! Well, it means that she thinks the writing in this chapter is above average - which is definitely a good thing. As to the plot, I'll leave it to you guys to decide.

Above average for you must mean that the writing is spectacular. Now I really will have time waiting for Thursday. At least we Americans have the 4th of July to take our minds off of it.

Order of the Bookmark
Member HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e qua non
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2006 :  15:21:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sunsethill

Above average for you must mean that the writing is spectacular. Now I really will have time waiting for Thursday. At least we Americans have the 4th of July to take our minds off of it.

[:I] You make me feel so appreciated.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"
Go to Top of Page

Eeyore
Barmy

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2006 :  20:08:28  Show Profile  Send Eeyore a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Here it is, Thursday again, but I won't be reading the chapter till tomorrow, more than likely. There are nine of us going to see Pirates tonight at midnight. Chris and I are going to go get in line around 8 pm or so to hold places for the rest of them. By the time I get home it will be after 3 am, and I don't dare look at my computer then.

Unless, of course, the chapter magically appears in my inbox before I have to leave--*looks hopefully at Theo*

Eeyore

Order of the Bookmark
Member of HPEW & HPCS appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  01:32:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Eeyore

Here it is, Thursday again, but I won't be reading the chapter till tomorrow, more than likely. There are nine of us going to see Pirates tonight at midnight. Chris and I are going to go get in line around 8 pm or so to hold places for the rest of them. By the time I get home it will be after 3 am, and I don't dare look at my computer then.

Unless, of course, the chapter magically appears in my inbox before I have to leave--*looks hopefully at Theo*

No such luck, I'm sorry to say. It's been a ridiculously busy evening. But I envy you going to see Pirates. I hope I will get a chance to see it this weekend. I can't wait. In any case, chapter 8 is now on it's way to everyone's inbox so it will be waiting for you in the morning.

I hope all of you enjoy it and as always, let me know if it doesn't arrive. (Yes, I'm talking to you sunsethill.)

Theo

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"
Go to Top of Page

MrBen
Barmy

Australia
284 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  04:47:42  Show Profile  Visit MrBen's Homepage  Send MrBen an AOL message  Click to see MrBen's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm always amused how Harry manages to be so secretive and successful around other spies; hiding in the shadows, scurrying up stairs, apperating - all in complete silence. He truely has a natural bent.

I'm interested in how Snape expects any deal with Lucius to work when Lucius is standing before Voldie. Voldie is surely going to tear his memories apart to find what happened and he's surely going to find a wee conversation with the slimey one burning in Lucius's mind.
Go to Top of Page

sunsethill
Confunded

USA
653 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  11:33:17  Show Profile  Visit sunsethill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That was an excellent chapter, Theo. You have done a great job through Lucius's musings of showing exactly what Snape has been accomplishing for the war effort. And the talk with Dumbledore was so heart-breaking. Snape knows that no one--except Harry, whom he is pushing away--trusts or likes him. It reminds me of how I expect Book 7 to go. No one will doubt that Snape is evil or miss him.

I'm really glad that it looks like you are not going to make me suffer for long with Harry spying on Snape. I REALLY, REALLY hope that Harry opens up to Dumbledore in the morning, but I'm not holding my breath.

And now I am REALLY, REALLY upset with Moody. He is not just attempting to use Harry, he is using Harry even though he knows that Dumbledore is basically privy to exactly what Snape is doing. Dumbledore needs to be careful that Moody doesn't become a loose cannon.

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e qua non
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  12:06:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MrBen

I'm always amused how Harry manages to be so secretive and successful around other spies; hiding in the shadows, scurrying up stairs, apperating - all in complete silence. He truely has a natural bent.
He does indeed! Harry has always been naturally stealthy - probably from trying to keep under the Dursleys's radar all his life. And of course given that HP has to be mostly Harry's pov, he needs to conveniently overhear important conversations.

quote:
I'm interested in how Snape expects any deal with Lucius to work when Lucius is standing before Voldie. Voldie is surely going to tear his memories apart to find what happened and he's surely going to find a wee conversation with the slimey one burning in Lucius's mind.

My Snape is competent enough at memory modification and subterfuge to avoid that, Ben. If he and Lucius were going to have constant dealings with one another, it would be a problem, but the occasional meeting or letter can be hidden - especially if LV doesn't think to look for it in Lucius's mind. After all, it's not as if Lucius is going to tell LV that he met Snape. For all anyone knows he simply made a run for it and Disapparated when he got to the safety of the alley just as any Slytherin would do. And LV has a lot more to be furious about than Lucius slinking in a bit late from another disastrously failed attempt to catch their nemesis. Nothing unusual about not wanting to be the first to turn up at headquarters with that news.

quote:
[Sunsethill]I'm really glad that it looks like you are not going to make me suffer for long with Harry spying on Snape. I REALLY, REALLY hope that Harry opens up to Dumbledore in the morning, but I'm not holding my breath.
No, definitely don't hold your breath. That's not to say that Harry won't try to look to DD for advice, but well... you know Harry. Besides, he has rather dug himself into a hole with all the lying and spying.

quote:
[Sunsethill]And now I am REALLY, REALLY upset with Moody. He is not just attempting to use Harry, he is using Harry even though he knows that Dumbledore is basically privy to exactly what Snape is doing. Dumbledore needs to be careful that Moody doesn't become a loose cannon.
It's always good to have a character to loathe. The OotP is an ecclectic bunch who are all essentially loners. I suppose it's remarkable that DD holds them together as well as he does.

I'm really glad that you enjoyed the chapter. Lucius's musings and conversation with Severus were some of the very first material I wrote for HPCS. I love these two together. Actually, I relish any opportunity to write Snape interacting with someone other than Harry. It brings out sides to his and other people's characters we don't usually get to see.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"

Edited by - Theowyn on 07/07/2006 12:19:44
Go to Top of Page

MrBen
Barmy

Australia
284 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  18:05:49  Show Profile  Visit MrBen's Homepage  Send MrBen an AOL message  Click to see MrBen's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
And of course given that HP has to be mostly Harry's pov, he needs to conveniently overhear important conversations.

That's what I wanted to hear. :)

quote:
My Snape is competent enough at memory modification and subterfuge to avoid that, Ben.

That's MrBen to you! :P Ummm... I wasn't aware that Snape had used any memory modification charms on Lucius. At least you didn't write any in chapter 8.

Is Snape trying to imprint impressions in Lucius's mind without him knowing it? I mean, how can Lucius know what he's supposed to do if his memory has been erased?
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  18:57:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MrBen

quote:
My Snape is competent enough at memory modification and subterfuge to avoid that, Ben.

That's MrBen to you! :P Ummm... I wasn't aware that Snape had used any memory modification charms on Lucius. At least you didn't write any in chapter 8.

I knew you were going to say that! The whole business with how Lucius and Severus manage to hide the memory of their meeting takes place off camera after Lucius agrees to the alliance. I didn't include it because it's tedious and would seriously undermine the drama of the scene. Reference will be made to these precautions in subsequent chapters where it won't impede the story, but it just wasn't important enough to force it in here.

quote:
Is Snape trying to imprint impressions in Lucius's mind without him knowing it? I mean, how can Lucius know what he's supposed to do if his memory has been erased?
No, Lucius is a full partner here and his memory hasn't been erased, just camoflagged, you might say.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  19:02:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I received an email from one of my readers and thought I should include the salient points here.

[From Livi]
Suspicion within the group helps the enemy.

Moody is a fool, he obviously should take up his problems with Dumbledore. But he raised interesting issues nevertheless!

Poor Harry, he is back to not trusting any adult, and as a consequence might trust the one least deserving of it.

I wonder how will [Snape] feel when he finds out Harry betrayed him. Of course, he didn't help matters.

Neither Harry, nor Severus can trust. Will it destroy them? I hope not.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"
Go to Top of Page

Myf
Confunded

571 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2006 :  19:22:10  Show Profile  Visit Myf's Homepage  Click to see Myf's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yay, I love that chapter. I agree wholeheartedly that the story gets interesting when Harry gets forced out of the way and we see the grown-ups discussing things!

If you're looking for trouble you found it.
Professor Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

gimu
Addled

Ireland
209 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2006 :  05:52:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well its been ages since I posted about HPCS SO here is what I think about it - I've just read through all of your comments so some bizarre and probably way too "off the wall" thoughts have popped into my head:

Harry Potter and the Chained souls" - Theo mentions that the chained souls has more than one meaning. Who's soul is chained and to what - someone elses soul? Is it something new? Has Snape found a new potion - I mean he has been bubbling potions all summer so far and is acting odd by going out at night...

Dumbledore: What is he up to? Where is he? Could he be the one out killing DE's and could Snape be covering for him - I mean noone would be really surprised to find out that Snape is the one, so it could be just convenient that eg Moody thinks so. Dumbledore did go off on his own to find the Horcruxes in HBP...

In chapter 8 we see Lucius and Snape together - Theo mentioned that this is one of the first chapters she wrote, so I suspect that Snape is somehow "chaining" Lucius' soul.
What does chaining someones soul mean? Is it something like what Voldemort has been doing - I mean he has a lot of supporters, but how loyal they are is another question. Are they chained?
Dumbledore, on the other hand, has a lot more loyal supporters to his cause. The fact that his cause has moral support of a sort means people are more likely to be happy fighting for it. Voldies supporters have no such comfort - why do they keep fighting? Apart from "getting rid of non pure bloods" - surely some of them see past this after a while.

Moody: I think he is out of the loop - I think Snape and Dumbledore have a lot more going on than we realise and Moody hasn't been informed of whatever it is - I also think Lupin knows - perhaps with Moody's questioning of him - trying to get him to spy on Snape, made him go to Dumbledore to ask his advice.
Moody is filling Harry's mind with thoughts about Snape and what he is doing - making Harry suspect Snape. Harry's mind is conveniently busy doing this don't you think? Harry has not yet reached the level where he is mature enough to step outside and look at the situation from the outside - he is still a child in this sense in that he trusts the first person with a plausible convincing argument. Did Moody do this deliberatly so that Harry would not pay attention to what Moody is up to. Why does moody really want one of Snapes hairs? Sounds dodgy to me. I suppose the jist of all I've just written is that I don't trust Moody one little bit.

Off to think some more...
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2006 :  13:53:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, we know how much Moody likes being out of the loop. He's not one to trust blindly and he's been chaffing at Dumbledore's trusting Snape (I think because he doesn't know why).

Deliberatley causing mayhem in Snape's Potions class.
Member of the HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

sunsethill
Confunded

USA
653 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2006 :  19:39:00  Show Profile  Visit sunsethill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As I've ruminated on this chapter, one little thing jumped out that I think has some potential for interesting connections--Snape's choice of the password "pureblood" for his portkey, although he is a half-blood. Was this just an attempt to calm Malfoy or does Snape really despise his half-blood status? It didn't seem that was the case in HBP or in the earlier chapter of HPCS which showed Snape's ease in his muggle clothing.

I remember in the confession scene in HPEW that Snape discusses how purebloods reacted with fear to the loss of their traditional positions and that Voldemort spoke to that fear. It seems, Theo, that with that particular password that you plan to expand on this theme some more with this story. I'm looking forward to this--especially if we get to see Snape in muggle clothing again.

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e qua non
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2006 :  00:01:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gimu, loads of fascinating thoughts here. Unfortunately, I can't comment on any of your ideas about chained souls since it would give too much away. However, I can say that your point about Harry being immature and trusting too easily is spot on.

quote:
Yeah, we know how much Moody likes being out of the loop. He's not one to trust blindly and he's been chaffing at Dumbledore's trusting Snape (I think because he doesn't know why).

Definitely. Plus I doubt DD's reasons would convince Moody anyway.

quote:

As I've ruminated on this chapter, one little thing jumped out that I think has some potential for interesting connections--Snape's choice of the password "pureblood" for his portkey, although he is a half-blood. Was this just an attempt to calm Malfoy or does Snape really despise his half-blood status? It didn't seem that was the case in HBP or in the earlier chapter of HPCS which showed Snape's ease in his muggle clothing.

I remember in the confession scene in HPEW that Snape discusses how purebloods reacted with fear to the loss of their traditional positions and that Voldemort spoke to that fear. It seems, Theo, that with that particular password that you plan to expand on this theme some more with this story. I'm looking forward to this--especially if we get to see Snape in muggle clothing again.

No Muggle clothing anytime soon, but you did get to see him strip down to his underware when he changed for bed.

As to your point about using 'pureblood' as the Portkey trigger, this goes hand-in-hand with something else Severus says to Lucius. "There are better ways to pursue the pureblood ideal, ways that are far less likely to end in death or subjugation."

Snape is a chameleon and he has an instinctive understanding of how to manipulate people. He has certainly associated with the pureblood crowd long enough to know how to speak their language. He is not about to tell Lucius that pureblood prejudice is wrong and that he should give it up. That would be utterly counterproductive. Instead, Snape appeals to Lucius on his own terms and shows him how his values and interests can be better served by abandoning LV.

Snape did the exact same thing in HPEW during his speech to his house. He didn't try to pursuade his students that their values were wrong. He simply tried to show them that joining LV wasn't the way to achieve their goals.

So the short answer here is that no, Snape is no self-hating, pureblood fanatic like LV. He just knows how to talk to these people.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"

Edited by - Theowyn on 07/10/2006 00:04:49
Go to Top of Page

Myf
Confunded

571 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2006 :  01:34:32  Show Profile  Visit Myf's Homepage  Click to see Myf's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheowynNo Muggle clothing anytime soon, but you did get to see him strip down to his underware when he changed for bed.

And believe me, guys, Theo wrotes reams about him, describing every aspect of his unclothed figure, but I restrained her. Aren't you glad I did?

If you're looking for trouble you found it.
Professor Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2006 :  13:50:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Myf

quote:
Originally posted by Theowyn No Muggle clothing anytime soon, but you did get to see him strip down to his underware when he changed for bed.

And believe me, guys, Theo wrotes reams about him, describing every aspect of his unclothed figure, but I restrained her. Aren't you glad I did?

*Snort* Bad Myf! I leave all such things to my readers imaginations which happily are not constrained by PG-13 ratings.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"
Go to Top of Page

sunsethill
Confunded

USA
653 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2006 :  20:12:22  Show Profile  Visit sunsethill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
No Muggle clothing anytime soon, but you did get to see him strip down to his underware when he changed for bed.

As to your point about using 'pureblood' as the Portkey trigger, this goes hand-in-hand with something else Severus says to Lucius. "There are better ways to pursue the pureblood ideal, ways that are far less likely to end in death or subjugation."

Snape is a chameleon and he has an instinctive understanding of how to manipulate people. He has certainly associated with the pureblood crowd long enough to know how to speak their language.

Yes, Theo, I did notice the changing scene. I just wasn't going to give you the satisfaction of drooling all over my reply. But I do appreciate the PG-13 story.

And I actually thought that Snape was primarily speaking Lucius' lingo, but his experience as a half-blood in Slytherin has to be a major part of his character development. I really, really hope we get some insight into this in Book 7.

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e qua non
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2006 :  21:19:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Theowyn*Snort* Bad Myf! I leave all such things to my readers imaginations which happily are not constrained by PG-13 ratings.
Yes, quite happily!See we still need a drooly emoticon!

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2006 :  23:43:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yes, Theo, I did notice the changing scene. I just wasn't going to give you the satisfaction of drooling all over my reply.

quote:
And I actually thought that Snape was primarily speaking Lucius' lingo, but his experience as a half-blood in Slytherin has to be a major part of his character development. I really, really hope we get some insight into this in Book 7.

Can you imagine how long that book is going to have to be to answer all of our questions and to really satisfy us. I do not envy JKR.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"
Go to Top of Page

Eeyore
Barmy

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2006 :  00:51:22  Show Profile  Send Eeyore a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That's the trouble with the time lags between books; we all have too much time to read, re-read, discuss and speculate ad nauseum. Which is fun, don't get me wrong, but it does put JKR in an awkward position. This won't happen to people 30 years from now who start to read the books and can go straight through the series. But JKR is stuck with all of us, and I don't think she can ever answer all the questions that have come up, to be honest.

Pirates was great fun--and Sarah and I went again on Sunday afternoon--Terry and Chris were rebuilding the fence in our backyard, and we wanted to stay out of the way as long as possible.

I do need to re-read Chapter 8, though. I read it when I got home at 3:30 am, and I clearly missed some things. I've just not had the opportunity to go back and read it again when I'm awake. So, I think I'll go do that now.

Eeyore

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

sunsethill
Confunded

USA
653 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2006 :  12:23:59  Show Profile  Visit sunsethill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Eeyore

That's the trouble with the time lags between books; we all have too much time to read, re-read, discuss and speculate ad nauseum. Which is fun, don't get me wrong, but it does put JKR in an awkward position. This won't happen to people 30 years from now who start to read the books and can go straight through the series. But JKR is stuck with all of us, and I don't think she can ever answer all the questions that have come up, to be honest.

That's why she developed her webpage. She can explain her thought processes on how things work without having to pad out the books even more. And I guess that it just leaves room for people like Theo to write great stuff afterwards, too.

Angua9 over on LJ did a wonderful post shortly after HBP came out about exactly HOW a series like this could wrap up. She said what JKR needs to do is not just answer question #1, then answer Q#2, then close up loose end #4, etc. This would be O.K., but disappointing. What we are all hoping for is to get questions #1-10 and loose ends #1-5 tied up with a bang in a major scene. Then the next major scene takes care of 11-20, etc. Finally, the rest gets wrapped up in the final denouement. Extremely hard to do, but since Rowling has had this planned for years, I think she can do it.

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e qua non
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2006 :  14:25:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Angua9 over on LJ did a wonderful post shortly after HBP came out about exactly HOW a series like this could wrap up. She said what JKR needs to do is not just answer question #1, then answer Q#2, then close up loose end #4, etc. This would be O.K., but disappointing. What we are all hoping for is to get questions #1-10 and loose ends #1-5 tied up with a bang in a major scene. Then the next major scene takes care of 11-20, etc. Finally, the rest gets wrapped up in the final denouement. Extremely hard to do, but since Rowling has had this planned for years, I think she can do it.

This is how is has to be done and to be honest, answering each question individually would be a LOT harder than handling them in groups because that would require individual answers for each question. It's really much simpler to give one answer that ties up half a dozen outstanding issues.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"
Go to Top of Page

U-No-Poo
Addled

133 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2006 :  17:52:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This has been my favourite chapter so far. Loved Snape's conversation with Malfoy and then with Dumbledore. I liked how you incorporated the Malfoys' apparent unwilling servitude to Voldemort into HPCS and that bit when Snape called him "Pureblood!" I wonder what Harry is going to do now. I think I'm going to feel sorry for Snape when he realises it was Harry who broke into his office. I'm becoming ever more convinced that it has all been a huge red herring from the start and Snape is not the one commiting the murders, even though he encourages that idea, but I'm sure you've all thought of that too, right?

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page

Eeyore
Barmy

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2006 :  21:44:03  Show Profile  Send Eeyore a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I finally got a chance to re-read the chapter. Like I said, I'd read it first at 3:30 in the morning, and now realize that I must have been falling asleep and I missed parts, or my brain didn't retain them.

Good chapter with Snape and Lucius, and then with Dumbledore's conversation with him.

And typical of Harry to snoop more than he should have. I'm still hoping that he'll just throw away the strands that he stole--or he could send them to us. [:I]

Whenever Harry starts snooping around, I keep wondering when Snape is going to catch him again. Now that Snape suspects Lupin, he's bound to figure it out that it was Harry. I really hope that Harry comes clean with him and apologizes--though that never seems to work well, come to think of it. Hmmm, yes, Harry has got himself in a pickle with the choice to help Moody. But the worst is that he's made Snape angry with Lupin again, when Lupin actually made the proper choice. So will Lupin realize that it was Harry and cover for him, or will .... ooooo, I'd like to see the three of them talk that one out. That would be interesting.

Good chapter, Theo.

Eeyore

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2006 :  13:08:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh why not make it a foursome by adding Moody to the lot? That could be amusing.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Eeyore
Barmy

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2006 :  03:37:20  Show Profile  Send Eeyore a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
LOL--I don't know whether Moody and Snape can ever be in the same room and have a civil conversation. Harry and Snape can; Lupin tries and Snape sometimes is almost civil with him. But Moody? Nah--can't see it--and he'd just blurt out some tactless thing that would make Snape mistrust Harry forever.

Eeyore

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2006 :  12:45:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
True, but then Harry and Remus would have to play referee. I can see Moody firing off spectacular hip shots and Snape spitting daggers. It would be lively....

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

aguila
Giddy

7 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2006 :  14:54:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just have to leave a review for the last chapter now. It has been nearly two weeks but the time I can spend reading stories is not much at the moment.

The chapter was brilliant. I especially liked the conversation between Malfoy and Snape. You described Malfoy how he could really be in the books.

I hope that Harry´s spying days are over soon. I don´t know but it makes me feel guilty as I read it (perhaps I should not try to live in Harry´s mind)

aguila
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2006 :  19:20:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by aguila

I hope that Harry´s spying days are over soon. I don´t know but it makes me feel guilty as I read it (perhaps I should not try to live in Harry´s mind)
Excellent! Er, not that I want you to feel awful, but really HPCS is supposed to be uncomfortable and unsettling. None of these people are perfect and even the best intentions can lead to hell.

It's one thing to say, "Do what's right instead of what's easy." But what happens when everything is gray and you don't know what's right? Or worse, when there is no right and you have to choose between lesser wrongs?

This is not going to be an easy year for Harry.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"

Edited by - Theowyn on 07/17/2006 19:21:16
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 27 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
St Mungo's © 2010 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
HP Galleries Wing at St Mungo's is in no way affiliated with JK Rowling, her publishers, Warner Brothers, any of its partners within the Harry Potter franchise, or any religious or healthcare institution.