Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 27

sunsethill
Confunded

USA
653 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  18:29:22  Show Profile  Visit sunsethill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Theowyn

Chapter 31

Everyone dies.

The End.

I'm joking!!!! I said it was going to be more cheerful than ch30, remember? Well, okay, to be honest, I think that some of you may cry, but it isn't as if there will be bodies everyone... well except for the DEs of course... okay, I'll shut up now.

Snort! And yes, we need some deatheater bodies! But I am glad that Lucius was spared in such a way that Draco could begin to change for the better. In some ways, at this point, Draco may need Snape more than Harry, since the two of them actually were able to come to a pretty strong understanding there in Voldie's mind.

Order of the Bookmark
Member HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e qua non
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  20:04:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sunsethill

quote:

Chapter 31

Everyone dies.

The End.

I'm joking!!!! I said it was going to be more cheerful than ch30, remember? Well, okay, to be honest, I think that some of you may cry, but it isn't as if there will be bodies everyone... well except for the DEs of course... okay, I'll shut up now.

Snort! And yes, we need some deatheater bodies! But I am glad that Lucius was spared in such a way that Draco could begin to change for the better. In some ways, at this point, Draco may need Snape more than Harry, since the two of them actually were able to come to a pretty strong understanding there in Voldie's mind.

Yeah, the post-war wizarding world is actually a pretty interesting place in my imagination. All of these characters have such interconnected lives. Draco is now the head of the Malfoy family and fortune. He's never been a DE, consequently he's respectable and his money will get him into the halls of power just as it did his father before him. But he also has an in with all of dad's old shady connections. There are lots of things the old Pure-Blood crowd will only tell to one of their own and money doesn't hurt here either. Draco will be better positioned than anyone to know what's going on in the wizarding world in the future - both on the light and dark sides, and information, like money, is power. The question is what will he do with it?

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"

Edited by - Theowyn on 06/29/2007 20:06:44
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  20:45:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well, okay, to be honest, I think that some of you may cry, but it isn't as if there will be bodies everyone... well except for the DEs of course... okay, I'll shut up now.
Just imagine the clean-up! Glad this will be one mess I don't have to clear up. I wonder if "evanesco" works on dead bodies...

Deliberatley causing mayhem in Snape's Potions class.
Member of the HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

U-No-Poo
Addled

133 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2007 :  08:41:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Reading Chapter 30:
"Hahahahaha!"
"Awwwwww"
"What!? Noooo!"
"Aha!Got you now, you tangerine!"
"Noooooooooooooo!Lupin!"
"Die, you tangerine, die!"
"Awwwwwwwwwwwww!"
"Hurraaayyyy!"
...a good preview of what I'll be like reading DH (that must have been the first time in my life I've actually said Hurray out loud).

Very exciting, Theo! I specially liked Snapes ruminations in the beginning (very moving), Lupin's brief collaboration with Snape, Harry's concern for, rather than anger at, Snape when Voldemort told him and, of course, "I do." Awwwwwww.
I don't know if I've said before how much I liked how the ocean represents death in Dumbledore's soul. Well, I liked the contrast with Voldemort's terrifying pit.
I wonder what Harry will see when he opens his eyes. Voldemort's dead body, or will he have evaporated? I hope Harry gets to explore the room he's in a bit more, and get some sort of reward from it (a vision of his parents, or Snape happy, or something).

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page

Eeyore
Barmy

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2007 :  14:12:07  Show Profile  Send Eeyore a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Chapter 31

Everyone dies.

The End.

LOL, Theo! When I was little and TV was new, my parents would stay up late to watch whatever was on, which was often some old western movie. So I'd sneak out into the hall to watch. Of course, my mom knew I was there, and would eventually come get me and send me to bed. "But I want to know what happens at the end of the movie!"

Her reply was always the same:

"Well, I'll tell you, because I've seen this one already. The cavalry comes to the rescue and chase all the Indians and their horses over the cliff (there was always a cliff, btw), then they can't stop and they all go over the cliff too. Everybody dies, and they have to end the movie."

The first few times I believed her and was quite sad, especially about the horses going over the cliffs. I figured the actors could find their way out, I guess. But after a while I caught on and it was just a weird joke between us. It sounds really gruesome, written like that, but it never was. I suppose because even the first time she said it, I suspected that she was making it up, and it was a movie, after all.

Eeyore

Order of the Bookmark
Member of HPEW & HPCS appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  16:31:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm trying very hard to be patient.
It's not working.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Myf
Confunded

571 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  18:58:50  Show Profile  Visit Myf's Homepage  Click to see Myf's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
*pokes Theo* Back again, whenever you need to send me something. :)

If you're looking for trouble you found it.
Professor Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  22:17:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will have it done this weekend if I have to stay up 48 hours straight! I promise! How this chapter got so long is beyond me. It was supposed to be a warm and fuzzy 15-pager. Now it's twice that and may even be longer than ch30 if you count the Afterwards. And yes, I'm doing an Afterwards of sorts. I think that somewhere along the line I said that I wasn't, but it really needs that to finish properly.

*writes faster*

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"
Go to Top of Page

Myf
Confunded

571 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2007 :  08:23:59  Show Profile  Visit Myf's Homepage  Click to see Myf's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey, hey, no pressure! I am around this week, next weekend and the week after it, so we will definitely have time to get it done in time for DH. No rush!

Go to Top of Page

sunsethill
Confunded

USA
653 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2007 :  12:52:03  Show Profile  Visit sunsethill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

I will have it done this weekend if I have to stay up 48 hours straight! I promise! How this chapter got so long is beyond me. It was supposed to be a warm and fuzzy 15-pager. Now it's twice that and may even be longer than ch30 if you count the Afterwards. And yes, I'm doing an Afterwards of sorts. I think that somewhere along the line I said that I wasn't, but it really needs that to finish properly.

*writes faster*

Ooh, ooh! Long is good. I will be on vacation until Wednesday and away from my computer. That probably means it will be ready Monday!

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e qua non
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2007 :  14:03:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

*writes faster*

Ooh, ooh! Long is good. I will be on vacation until Wednesday and away from my computer. That probably means it will be ready Monday!

No worries there! I'll have it ready for Myf by Monday, which means Wednesday should be just about right for sending it out.

And I really do think I can finish by then. My whole family is away today and everyone but my husband will be gone tomorrow, so I should have plenty of undisturbed time to write. Bliss!

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2007 :  16:16:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ooh, ooh! Long is good.
My mind is still too far in the gutter from the kissing thread to read that with a straight face!

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  03:24:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
UPDATE: I have sent the first two-thirds of ch31 off to Myf. This comprises the immediate aftermath of the battle at the Ministry. The final third is more wrap up and I hope to get that to Myf tomorrow.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"
Go to Top of Page

Eeyore
Barmy

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  04:41:22  Show Profile  Send Eeyore a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
yay!!!!

Eeyore

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Krabat
Giddy

Germany
40 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  05:58:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I'm really looking forward to the last chapter, but it's a bit like the situation with Deathly Hallows. I will miss getting a chapter every fortnight and discussing everything that happened and thinking up wild theories about what will happen next. So, in case I forget in the excitement of the next few weeks: Thanks for a very enjoyful time to all of you, and of course in particular Theo!
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  06:04:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's done.

I have just sent part II of chapter 31 off to Myf and even though it is 3:00 in the morning, I feel quite giddy to have finally completed Chained Souls. I have absolutely loved writing this story over the last year and a half. Thank you all so much for letting me share it with you.

Love,
Theo

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  10:52:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rats, I thought I'd be happy to get to the end to see how everything turned out, but now, I'm rather down about it all. Aside from the speculation of who will die, etc., there's the let down of knowing that it's over.
Hmm, apply that to Deathly Hallows, too.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  12:14:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't be down, Siobhan! All good things must come to an end, as they say. But there are always new good things coming along to take their place. If nothing else, HPCS sets the stage for a lifetime of adventure beyond its end.

Update: Myf has beta'd each half of chapter 31 separately and I have now combined the two parts and incorporated her edits. I have just sent the full version back to her for review and with luck we should have a final version tomorrow.

The chapter is a full 37 pages long compared with 32 pages for chapter 30, so hopefully it will make for a satisfying ending.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"

Edited by - Theowyn on 07/11/2007 03:13:36
Go to Top of Page

Eeyore
Barmy

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  14:44:50  Show Profile  Send Eeyore a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm, I'm with Siobhan. I thought I'd be really happy--and I am happy that it looks like we might (?) get the chapter this week instead of next, when I have day camp and should be actually paying attention to the kids and the staff.

But I'm going to miss it--all the speculation, because soon we'll have canon to tell us what happened to all the characters (or at least I hope so. Even with more stories that can be told, it will always be different than it is now.

Eeyore

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  15:35:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's certainly the end of an era, but it will be nice in a way to have the whole story because instead of arguing over what might happen, we can discuss all the deeper implications of the series: i.e. why what happens is important. That could be quite exciting.

Btw: I don't have Ch31 back from Myf yet. If I get it back this evening, I will send it out, otherwise you will see it tomorrow.

Is anyone going to see the movie today? I'm going on Sunday.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  20:07:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Theowyn thank you so very much for letting us know about the last chapter. I have mix feeling over it. I am happy for the chapter, but sad that it is going to end too.

Thank you for the great writing and keeping us busy reading your story until the final book comes out.

Are you planning, maybe on writing any more stories after this?

If so, I know I will read it.

Thanks again

J
Go to Top of Page

Myf
Confunded

571 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  23:33:47  Show Profile  Visit Myf's Homepage  Click to see Myf's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey guys. Theo, I've done about 20 pages of the full version again, and I'll do the rest this afternoon and send it off so you should have it by this evening (or whatever that is your time. I've stopped trying to work it out).

Saw the film last night. My verdict: :D Wonderful fun.

Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  01:37:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just checked out the film thread and I'm thrilled that the movie is getting good reviews. I'm especially happy to hear that CAPSLOCK!Harry has been toned down.

Myf, I'm seven hours ahead of you on the clock, so I expect I'll get your edits in the morning which will be perfect as it will give me all day to put the finishing touches on.

That means everyone can expect the final chapter of Chained Souls tomorrow evening.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"

Edited by - Theowyn on 07/12/2007 01:40:30
Go to Top of Page

Eeyore
Barmy

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  05:41:57  Show Profile  Send Eeyore a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yay!

And I loved the movie. I went to the midnight show with Laura and Tim and one of their friends. Another friend and her 3 sisters were sitting behind us--we've all gone to quite a few midnight movies now. (Terry never does--says he can't stay awake for them. Whatever.)

After the movie we stood in the parking lot for another 20 minutes just talking about it. This one has actually captured the essence of the book--and you could hear a collective sigh everytime something was directly out of the book.

Eeyore

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  12:14:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ahem, all you movie goers, I hope you have posted your thoughts on the movie thread in Crystal Gazing so that the rest of us (who are already seething with envy) can enjoy the movie experience at least vicariously.

Good/bad news about the chapter. I'm still feeling anxious.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  14:02:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Siobhan

Outstanding news! It's finished and you'll be getting it as soon as I get home from work this evening. :)

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"

Edited by - Theowyn on 07/12/2007 14:02:52
Go to Top of Page

sunsethill
Confunded

USA
653 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  16:47:41  Show Profile  Visit sunsethill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Siobhan

Outstanding news! It's finished and you'll be getting it as soon as I get home from work this evening. :)

Hooray!

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e qua non
Go to Top of Page

Eeyore
Barmy

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  21:15:11  Show Profile  Send Eeyore a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
waiting, waiting.....

Eeyore

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  21:25:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, chapter 31 is up!

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"

Edited by - Theowyn on 07/12/2007 21:26:58
Go to Top of Page

Eeyore
Barmy

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2007 :  01:21:05  Show Profile  Send Eeyore a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, Theo. That was great. Thanks for a great story. I had the house to myself tonight, so I re-read Chapter 30 first and just finished the last one.

SPOILERS

I think that you may be very close to the reason that Snape has acted as he did. Very believable, and it explains Snape's continued animosity towards Harry all those years. Being unable to forgive ourselves is even worse than having others hatred.

I fully expected you to take out Dumbledore, but I'm glad you didn't. Still, he was unavailble in his near-death state and thus the "old wizard with the beard" wasn't there to help Harry through his last quest. Very nicely done.

I especially loved the scenes with Lupin and Snape--perfect.

And it's great to think that Harry and Snape ended up working together, probably with Snape still making snide remarks, if not to Harry then to the new recruits. Now that would be an intimidating class wouldn't it, especially for the ones who might have had him for Potions at Hogwarts.

I did wonder though, what Ron and Hermione ended up with for careers, and Neville. Oh, speaking of Neville, did I miss it, or did Harry ever tell Snape that the propecy might have been about Neville instead? Just curious.

And now I'm off to get some sleep, now that the temperature has finally cooled down and it's not so hot in the house.

Talk to you later.

Eeyore

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e. qua non

Edited by - Eeyore on 07/13/2007 15:37:01
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 27 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
St Mungo's © 2010 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
HP Galleries Wing at St Mungo's is in no way affiliated with JK Rowling, her publishers, Warner Brothers, any of its partners within the Harry Potter franchise, or any religious or healthcare institution.