Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 27

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  14:33:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, SH! I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter!

quote:
Awesome chapter. You have done such wonderful things with new canon knowledge, making it your own and having it fit beautifully into your conception of canon. The DADA lesson had so many connections to the little we see in HBP, yet was so rich with detail. I still hate it that we got to see so little of Snape teaching DADA.

I was very disappointed in this too, which is why I wanted to spend at least a little time with Snape in this role, especially since he is the best character to talk about the fundamental characteristics of the Dark Arts. It really isn't about whose side anyone's on and dueling skills are only a part of learning to defend against the Dark Arts. The most important part isn't repelling a curse. It's defending against the Darkness itself.

quote:
Your take on Snape's early interest in the Dark Arts is kinder than I think will end up canon, but very within the realm of possibility since I'm still trying to figure out how a half-blood learned so many curses before he even came to Hogwarts. I can't see a Dark Witch marrying a muggle.

Definitely not and she certainly wouldn't cower in front of him. So from canon, we seem to have a lonely half-blood boy growing up in poverty among Muggles with an abusive father, an ineffectual mother and a huge supply of books. Can't you just see that boy lingering over descriptions of curses, fantacising about how powerful he could be and the vengeance he'd be able to take on those who had hurt and shunned him? Severus was never Tom Riddle. He's no psychopath. I think he was just a very angry boy who wanted to get even with those who had wronged him.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"

Edited by - Theowyn on 05/11/2007 14:36:11
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2007 :  15:06:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also see him as not wanting to be weak. He saw his mother cowering, and probably did a good bit of it himself as a child. This may have appeared as weakness to a young boy in a resentful frame of mind. He may have been determined not to be weak to anyone who threatened him-- not wanting to live in fear (another aspect to the "don't call me coward"). The Dark Arts would have appealed to such a desire. Add this to the desire to be powerful and exact vengeance.

Deliberatley causing mayhem in Snape's Potions class.
Member of the HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Eeyore
Barmy

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2007 :  14:12:45  Show Profile  Send Eeyore a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
When HBP came out, I spent two months discussing it on the Barnes and Noble class on the book. The first month was just a precurser to the second, where the discussions, after we'd all had the chance to re-read the book and think more about it, were much more insightful and we explored a lot of ideas on what made Snape "Dumbledore's man". Helen Ketchem wrote and posted her thoughts on what we had in canon and extended them to try to understand why Snape was the way he was. I've just re-read these essays--the links were posted recently over at Sword of Gryffindor. I'd forgotten that it was a lot of Helen's essays that keep leading me to believe that Snape is on the good side, and that all the nastiness we see him direct at Harry is based on Snape's own childhood and experiences as a student and young adult.

So, that being said, I re-read the essays just now, and I find so many things that go along with Theo's interpretation of Snape's motivations and background. I'll post all the links here. If you have the time, take a look--I found it fascinating. (After the B&N class, the posts remained for a short time, then were lost, because they don't archive posts from class discussions. So Janet Batchler posted them, with Helen's permission, on her blog, Quoth the Maven.)

Good Snape, Part I: A Portrait of the Potions Master as a Young Man
http://quoththemaven.blogspot.com/2005/08/portrait-of-potions-master-as-young.html

Good Snape, Part II: The Pedagogy of Severus Snape
http://quoththemaven.blogspot.com/2005/08/pedagogy-of-severus-snape.html

Good Snape, Part III: Severus Snape and the Long War
http://quoththemaven.blogspot.com/2005/09/severus-snape-and-long-war.html

Good Snape, Part IV: Voldemort the GRAE (Janet split this post into two parts, as it was much longer)
http://quoththemaven.blogspot.com/2005/09/voldemort-grae.html

(the second part of Voldemort the GRAE--The Final(?) Word on Severus Snape
http://quoththemaven.blogspot.com/2005/09/final-word-on-severus-snape.html

The discussions that came from all of these posts were great, but they are very hard to follow, and to save--I tried, but I don't think I managed to get all of them.

I think, Theo, that what I like so much about HPEW and HPCS is that you are filling in all those gaps about Snape and his past and his relationship to Harry that we are never going to get from Jo. I wonder sometimes, given her very negative remarks about Snape, if she really realizes what a complex and nuanced character she has created. I suspect that she does to some extent, but not to the extent that we all see. It's almost as though she created a character in the form of Severus Snape and he has taken on his own life, without her being fully aware of him--hence the reason she sometimes seems amazed that people always want to learn more about him.

I'm re-reading HPCS from the beginning, now that we are getting close to the end. I'm ready for Chapter 13 or 14, and it's brilliant to see all the ways you set up the things that are now happening in these latter chapters. So, thank you and three cheers and a hug for Theowyn!!!

Eeyore

Order of the Bookmark
Member of HPEW & HPCS appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2007 :  21:24:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for these links, Eeyore. I don't have time to read them right now because I am frantically writing every free minute, but they will be the first thing I read when I put HPCS to bed at the end of June.

I think Jo does understand Snape as well as anyone; I just don't think she likes him as well as some of us do. Harry is her true love, after all. But we should remember that she called Snape, "a gift of a character" which I don't believe she has ever said about anyone else.

I will second that opinion, too. As a character, Snape is a gift and this gets back to what you said, Eeyore, about him taking on a life of his own. All great characters do and I think most authors would readily admit that they don't always control how these characters develop. Sometimes it feels more like you've simply been given the honor of watching and chronicling their lives.

Thank you for the lovely comments about HPEW and HPCS. I'm glad that you're going back to read all of HPCS from the beginning and that it comes off well. It is tremendously satisfying in a story of this length to set up so many different plot threads, weave them through the story and then bring them all together into a (hopefully) tidy knot at the end. To have readers who notice and appreciate it is even better.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"

Edited by - Theowyn on 05/12/2007 21:25:23
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2007 :  17:21:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Quick note to say that I just sent chapter 27 off to Myf.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"
Go to Top of Page

Myf
Confunded

571 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2007 :  21:48:44  Show Profile  Visit Myf's Homepage  Click to see Myf's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
... and I'll be as quick as I can!

If you're looking for trouble you found it.
Professor Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

Krabat
Giddy

Germany
40 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  10:34:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So I'm a little late with my reply to the last chapter, but of course I was very happy with it. I have been waiting for months for a reappearance of the claryfying solution and the letters. I just never expected that they would be linked. A very nice way to resolve this. And yet another complication in the relationship between Harry and Snape. I think, for Harry, it is a very important part of growing up to perceive his parents as real people who had not only many virtues but also many faults. And perhaps even more important, he has to learn that he has to find his own believes and morals, that he is not defined by who his parents were. Perhaps trying to get Snape to see him that way, will help himself with this difficult step. Anyway, the relationship with Snape defies any description, not quite teacher-student, definitely not father-son (but not without elements of it either), not quite equals... It's most intriguing and I can't wait to see where you are going with them.

On a different note, I loved your take on the DADA lessons. I think, they are at first difficult to stomach for the students since Snape suddenly treats them as young adult. They have to think for themselves and are confronted with realities nobody likes to face. If Snape succeeds in helping them to find out 'what you are and are not capable of', as he says, it will help them not only to live through the war, but also to live with what they might have to do during the war afterwards. I think to be able to objectively evaluate your strength and weaknesses is one of the most important lessons you have to learn in life.
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  10:53:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I loved that they were mostly hit broadside by Snape's questions. It is not often that an instructor asks for self anaylsis-- especially at their age level. Snape asked them to think-- even more unusual in an instructor. This practicum (perfect title for it as it deals in practical application) was probably the most difficult and important class the students have faced so far.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2007 :  16:27:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm glad you guys are enjoying the practicum. Honestly, I could write an entire psychological thriller based just on that - delving into one's deepest fears, hardest choices, etc.

So you all know, I'm off to New Orleans tomorrow morning. I'm going to Phoenix Rising, my first ever HP convention. I'm going to be reading chapter 5 of HPEW and chapter 8 of HPCS during the fanfic presentations, so wish me luck that I don't completely freeze up. [:I]

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"

Edited by - Theowyn on 05/16/2007 16:30:09
Go to Top of Page

Eeyore
Barmy

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2007 :  21:51:48  Show Profile  Send Eeyore a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Theo, you're probably already gone, but have a great time. It's quite something to be around so many HP fans--sometimes a bit--scary, actually. But fun. And I'm sure you'll be fine. I'll have to look back at the chapters to see what they'll be hearing. Hope the weather is nice for you while you are there.

Have you been to New Orleans before? If you have, I'm sure you'll see a lot of changes, but only if they let you venture away from the HP venue or the French Quarter. And really, everyone should take a little time to look around--to realize that after all this time, things are still nor normal there. But they are working on it, and having conventions is very good for the economy, so I'm glad they selected New Orleans for this one.

Take care and enjoy. Looking forward to the next chapter.

Eeyore

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Myf
Confunded

571 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2007 :  08:27:48  Show Profile  Visit Myf's Homepage  Click to see Myf's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The good news is twofold - a. I sent ch27, freshly betad (beta'd? betaed? a beta should know!) to Theo this afternoon, and b. she has promised to be online enough to ensure that it gets sent it out next week. (It's a champion chapter, by the way!)

Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2007 :  17:17:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings from New Orleans! Just popping in between seminars to say that I'm having a wonderful time. The weather is perfect (mid-80s) and there's more to do here than any three people could possibly attend - and that's without leaving the hotel!

I'll post more in a couple of days when I get back and look for chapter 27 on Wednesday night.

ttfn - Theo

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2007 :  23:15:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone! I'm home from New Orleans and chapter 27 should be arriving in your inboxes any moment.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"

Edited by - Theowyn on 05/23/2007 23:16:05
Go to Top of Page

Eeyore
Barmy

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2007 :  02:55:31  Show Profile  Send Eeyore a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Theo, I hope you had a great weekend in New Orleans. How did the reading go? I love the two chapters you chose, especially the Christmas at the Weasleys one--it's one of my favorites, and as I glanced over it, it is one that can be read without reading the first chapters and without spoiling what is coming.

Now, for Chapter 27, speaking of letters. Wow--this just gets better and better. If you haven't read it yet, be ye warned, matey--thar be spoilers ahead! (Yes, I'm getting ready to go see Pirates tomorrow night at midnight.)

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER--but look, if ye must

I've been re-reading all of HPCS in the last week or so, and am thoroughly enjoying it. When Ch. 27 appeared tonight, I started to read, but then decided to go back and re-read 26 first. I'd forgotten some things, and I realized I'd completely missed something--Snape getting locked in a broom cupboard, wand taken away and a silencing charm put on him. Did someone mention this already? That's just what Snape did to Harry in HPEW, but with an entirely different motive than the nasty one of James and Sirius. Over and over, we see that it was the bullying that Snape endured that shaped his choices. While Harry lived through some of the same things, it wasn't at the hand of anyone at school--Malfoy tries now and then, but doesn't really get away with it. But there was no one there to stick up for Snape--with the exception of Lily. However, she probably wasn't aware of half of what James and Sirius did to him.

And then there are the letters that Snape returned to Harry. So perfect--as was Harry's very simple response. I almost missed the subtlety of the signature because of the time that Harry has spent with Severus in the Legilimency sessions.

I hadn't really thought too much about who the dark figure was, but when Harry determined that he had to find out, it didn't surprise me that it was Snape, in his darkest image of himself. I think that the whole mind exploration that you are doing with this story is relevant beyond anything to do with HP. We all have things in our past that haunt us, as well of memories/feelings that represent that part of our past when we were much younger. I remember realizing when I was 26 and had been married a little over a year, that in some ways, I still thought of myself as the person I'd been when I was 16. And much later, in some random discussion about age, I realized that I mentally saw myself as I was at age 26, because it was a happy, still carefree time in my life. Not that the years to follow were bad, but they just had more responsibilites and obligations than I had at 26.

It amazes me that sometimes in my dreams, I look as I did when I was much younger--long hair and all. And then other times, I am more like I am now. And other people come and go in my dreams as well. My mother, who died nearly eleven years ago, is sometimes in my dreams, but it's always as she was at a certain point in time--she never plays a part in things that are beyond the time that she lived. So it's much as we see with Lily and Severus--they appear to Harry as they would have at that particular point in time.

Anyway, that's my round-about way of saying that all of that rings true to me.

I have to wonder, now that Harry knows what darkness is in Snape's soul, but their lessons are going to stop, will Harry still try to help Snape deal with that or will it just happen naturally? I can see it either way. But for Harry to be the catalyst, I would think that he'd have to tell Snape what it was that he found in his mind, and I can't quite picture that conversation.

Nice touch, that Severus gave Harry a compliment about his Potion brewing abilities--it would be nice if Prof. Snape could finally do the same. He did compliment Harry in the DADA practicum, in the session with Malfoy, and it seems that he meant to do it.

Anyway, Theo--great chapter.

Oh, and just a random comment--I'm re-reading OotP, and just read the chapter where Harry can't sleep while the rest of them do, because he's afraid he'll turn back into the snake and attack all of them. He sits on his bed, against the iron bars--like a prisoner. But the prison is the fear in his own mind. Made me think of Chained Souls--the things that incapacitate us the most are the fears and limitations we impose upon ourselves, which is much worse than what other people typically do to us.

Eeyore

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e. qua non

Edited by - Eeyore on 05/24/2007 04:42:38
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2007 :  16:03:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eeyore, New Orleans was lovely and the readings went well. My hands only shook a little.

As to Snape locking Harry in the broom cupboard, yes that was very deliberately (on my part) the same thing James did to him back in school and you're right, it is his experiences from those days that shape his choices - often unconsciously. You draw an important distinction between Harry and Snape too. From the time he was 11, Harry has been surrounded by very good friends and supportive adults. Having these positive relationships has enabled him to endure all of the hardships he has been faced with. Snape never had this. He and Lily were mostly friendly in class and outside of school. They didn't hang around together at Hogwarts, so Snape was very much alone.

quote:
And then there are the letters that Snape returned to Harry. So perfect--as was Harry's very simple response. I almost missed the subtlety of the signature because of the time that Harry has spent with Severus in the Legilimency sessions.

Harry does manage to get it right now and again - which of course only annoys Snape who hates the thought of anyone being able to breach his emotional barriers and get at the feelings underneath. That makes him feel horribly vulnerable.

quote:
I hadn't really thought too much about who the dark figure was, but when Harry determined that he had to find out, it didn't surprise me that it was Snape, in his darkest image of himself. I think that the whole mind exploration that you are doing with this story is relevant beyond anything to do with HP.

Oh, thank you! What a wonderful compliment! I think it is (or should be) the goal of every author to examine the human condition. A story is simply a way to do that, so it has to reach beyond the plot and characters to touch the reader and make them think about themselves. After all, that's what makes us care about the characters. We see ourselves in them.

Snape is definitely his own worst enemy and he must come to grips with the darkness within himself before he can begin to heal.

quote:
Nice touch, that Severus gave Harry a compliment about his Potion brewing abilities--it would be nice if Prof. Snape could finally do the same. He did compliment Harry in the DADA practicum, in the session with Malfoy, and it seems that he meant to do it.

It is great fun writing Severus and Snape, because what one won't say to Harry, the other sometimes will. And on those occasions when they echo each other, Harry takes notice.

quote:
Oh, and just a random comment--I'm re-reading OotP, and just read the chapter where Harry can't sleep while the rest of them do, because he's afraid he'll turn back into the snake and attack all of them. He sits on his bed, against the iron bars--like a prisoner. But the prison is the fear in his own mind. Made me think of Chained Souls--the things that incapacitate us the most are the fears and limitations we impose upon ourselves, which is much worse than what other people typically do to us.

This is so true! Snape is definitely a prisoner of his own guilt and it will take a small miracle for him to escape it.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"

Edited by - Theowyn on 05/24/2007 16:07:50
Go to Top of Page

Krabat
Giddy

Germany
40 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2007 :  04:27:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So Harry now had to face the darkness in Severus. I liked the way you illustrated that Harry had not fully realised that Snape truly has done horrifying things. It shows that Harry, despite all his experiences, still remains innocent in a very fundamental way. He intellectually knows since HPEW that Snape is capable of killing more or less in cold blood, but he recognized the necessity of it and thus did not think of Snape as dark. I think the whole episode in Snapes mind further serves for Harry to realize that there are seldom absolutes like good and evil in life.

In the end Harry mourns for Severus, so again he is faced with intellectually knowing one thing, that Severus and Snape are the same person, but feeling very different. He is mourning a friend. I'm really curious how and if he will be confronted with the fact that Severus is not gone.

Lastly, again two thumbs up for the defence practicum, Theo. I hope we will see some more of those lessons!

Go to Top of Page

gimu
Addled

Ireland
209 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2007 :  05:21:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like it - I really like the way you have taken "snape is his own worst enemy" and made such a story out of it. I can't say how impressed I am with the whole story - I envy you!
I have some time off, so I will be reading the whole story again now (in between OoTP)
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2007 :  23:39:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I liked the way you illustrated that Harry had not fully realised that Snape truly has done horrifying things. It shows that Harry, despite all his experiences, still remains innocent in a very fundamental way.
Yes, he is and I think that's part of the purity of his soul. Harry makes mistakes and he can be hateful, jealous, etc. But ultimately, he is incorruptable.

quote:
I think the whole episode in Snapes mind further serves for Harry to realize that there are seldom absolutes like good and evil in life.
True and I think this deepens his compassion.

quote:
In the end Harry mourns for Severus, so again he is faced with intellectually knowing one thing, that Severus and Snape are the same person, but feeling very different. He is mourning a friend. I'm really curious how and if he will be confronted with the fact that Severus is not gone.
He will definitely come to this realization. How, I can't tell you.

quote:
Lastly, again two thumbs up for the defence practicum, Theo. I hope we will see some more of those lessons!
You will and somewhere Myf is probably chuckling evilly.

quote:
I like it - I really like the way you have taken "snape is his own worst enemy" and made such a story out of it. I can't say how impressed I am with the whole story - I envy you!
How sweet! I don't think I've ever had anyone envy me before.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"

Edited by - Theowyn on 05/25/2007 23:40:50
Go to Top of Page

Myf
Confunded

571 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2007 :  07:25:37  Show Profile  Visit Myf's Homepage  Click to see Myf's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Theowyn

Hey, I'm not the evil one here!

Edited by - Myf on 05/26/2007 07:27:26
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2007 :  11:14:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Myf

quote:
Originally posted by Theowyn

Hey, I'm not the evil one here!

Okay, I'm chuckling evilly. But you are my partner in crime.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"
Go to Top of Page

Eeyore
Barmy

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2007 :  02:58:31  Show Profile  Send Eeyore a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
OK, you two--no evil chuckling allowed.

I just re-read the chapter where they catch Knight. I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but I like the names you've chosen for these two new characters--Day and Knight. Nice. It seems to me that it alludes to the contrast between good and evil, only in this case, it's the contrast between the two sides that are fighting evil. Their approach is as different as 'day and (k)night'--Day is trying to control everything in order to protect people, while Knight is trying to protect the innocent by eliminating all the evil wizards. Both ultimately have the same goal, but neither one is really thinking through the consequences of how their actions affect people. One takes away personal freedoms, while one takes away the feeling that the world is a safe place to be. Even though Knight was after Death Eaters, there's always the chance that innocent people could get caught in the cross fire--or that someone could be wrongly accused, as almost happened to Snape.

At what cost freedom--or whatever that quote is. And I've no idea who said it.

Eeyore

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2007 :  02:29:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You've spotted it exactly, Eeyore. Day is all about rigid control whereas Knight represents independence and chaos. Both of these approaches are common responses to the kind of threat Voldemort presents - which doesn't make either right.

PS: I've just sent chapter 28 off to Myf which is a relief as this was a tough one.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"

Edited by - Theowyn on 05/29/2007 01:24:35
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2007 :  11:42:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is off topic a bit, but anyways... History channel showed a "Making of the Star Wars Legend" last night. If you didn't see it try to catch it in repeats. They talked through the whole mythic/epic thing with literary, historic, and film experts. Peter Jackson (who has lost a lot of weight and looks years younger) was mentioning other modern epics like LotR and HP. I was very impressed with that as he's the only one who mentioned the similarity. It's very interesting when watching the show to plug in HP for Star Wars. There are a lot more similarities than I had really thought about.

I really loved this chapter Theo.
Perhaps my favourite part was Snape telling Dumbledore that what really irked was not that Harry was untrustworthy, but that he was. I had always suspected that the mysterious figure was Snape himself-- that bit that he knew was there, but didn't realise was so strong a force. It's like survival instinct (fear) gone warped (anger) and out of control (hate)-- fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.
I love Yoda!

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2007 :  18:33:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm so glad you enjoyed the chapter, Siobhan!

quote:
Originally posted by Siobhan

This is off topic a bit, but anyways... History channel showed a "Making of the Star Wars Legend" last night.
I saw this and yes, there are a lot of similarities with HP which makes sense because these are both classic hero's journey tales. My older son and I had a great discussion afterwards about this.

quote:
I really loved this chapter Theo.
Perhaps my favourite part was Snape telling Dumbledore that what really irked was not that Harry was untrustworthy, but that he was.
And specifically that Harry has this irritating habit of trusting him anyway.

quote:
I love Yoda!

Me too!

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"

Edited by - Theowyn on 05/29/2007 18:34:42
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2007 :  18:36:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did i tell you about my Mother's Day present?

Daughter and Husband got me a Yoda lightsaber. It lights up and makes the noises... I've tried it with my tai chi sword form and it's great!

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Eeyore
Barmy

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  12:47:52  Show Profile  Send Eeyore a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That's great--I can just picture you with it.

I saw the thing on Star Wars--it was great the way they tied so much to other hero tales--the Greeks, Romans, etc. And I also saw the similarities to HP--but I missed Jackson's comment on that--we thought it was on Monday night, but missed it, and didn't know it was on last night, so missed the first half hour.

So, Theo-----new chapter soon? Please?

Eeyore

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  16:20:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Funny you should ask, Eeyore, because Myf and I just put the finishing touches on chapter 28. Would you like it this week?

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"

Edited by - Theowyn on 05/30/2007 16:20:50
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  16:32:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*holds hat and gives big round eyed look a la Puss in Boots*
Please.....

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Theowyn
Looney

1078 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  17:42:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol! Okay, I'll send it out tonight.

Order of the Bookmark

s.i.n.e. qua non

"Always"
Go to Top of Page

Eeyore
Barmy

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2007 :  20:42:28  Show Profile  Send Eeyore a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yay!!! Absoulutely--tonight is perfect, as I just finished re-reading all of it yesterday--well, not all in one day, but you know what I mean.

I'm off to dinner with my women's Bible study group, then tea with Laura, who is having dinner with abandoned dad. And when she goes home, I'll have something wonderful to read.

THANKS!

Eeyore

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 27 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
St Mungo's © 2010 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
HP Galleries Wing at St Mungo's is in no way affiliated with JK Rowling, her publishers, Warner Brothers, any of its partners within the Harry Potter franchise, or any religious or healthcare institution.