Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

admin
Mad-Eye Moody

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2006 :  22:37:23  Show Profile  Visit admin's Homepage Send admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Post your suggestions here

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2006 :  00:43:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Deliberatley causing mayhem in Snape's Potions class.
Member of the HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Eeyore
Barmy

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2006 :  02:44:51  Show Profile  Send Eeyore a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I like the lighter background and all the smilies too. Very cool. The logo looks great, btw. What font is that--I like it; it suits the idea of the wizarding world, and St. Mungo's being a long established institution, and best of all, it's easy to read. I'm always picking ones that no one can read, including me.

I have a question, though. When I post, it says "Not Moderated" in the--I guess it's the topic line.

Eeyore

Order of the Bookmark
Member of HPEW & HPCS appreciation Society
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Eeyore
Barmy

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2006 :  03:30:54  Show Profile  Send Eeyore a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
LOL--I just read the disclaimer finally. I particularly like the last about not being affiliated with any healthcare institution. Nice one.

Eeyore

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2006 :  08:52:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The font is Blackadder

I have no idea why you get a not moderated message on your posts. Perhaps it has to do with you registering before we set mods. We'll see what happens when we get going.

Glad the disclaimer is getting read!

*** Found the problem, I think, and have fixed it.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Newguise
Barmy

United Kingdom
269 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2006 :  14:45:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, wow this is AMAZING - I love it.

Squee!

*must carry on browsing*

Newguise xxx
Go to Top of Page

Newguise
Barmy

United Kingdom
269 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2006 :  14:50:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe I just went off topic (already!) by failing to suggest anything (other than reading the board a lot more). I stand by that comment, and have decided that in my general excitment, I failed to spot that I hadn't entirely gone off topic. I am unquestionably giddy - good choice of status for those first finding themselves here after all our cool discussions at DA.

Newguise xxx
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  13:00:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's a question from Jokelley:
quote:
*claps* How neat it is! It's so pretty

I see you have to register to see the forum. Is it going to stay that way? Or are lurkers going to be able to see, but not post?

Siobhan:
Hadn't really thought about it. I don't object to lurkers. Sometimes people are more comfortable if they lurk first. I know I did for a while on the banana boards before I joined. Will have to ask Husband about it.

Oh, when we veterans register, I suggest we label ourselves Order of the Bookmark in our signatures-- just for fun!

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

JKRisSuperior
Mediwizard

USA
694 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  13:10:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is so cool! Thanks, guys!
Go to Top of Page

Eeyore
Barmy

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  13:53:32  Show Profile  Send Eeyore a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The "not moderated" message is indeed gone. That must have been the problem. It is also now showing who the last poster was, and it wasn't before. So you can cross that off your list--another problem taken care of.

Eeyore

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1483 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  14:28:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is great! I love the color scheme and all the cool smileys. We even have the Giant Squid! Even this guy is back , I've missed him!

Thank You, Siobhan!
Go to Top of Page

Jewlz
Addled

Canada
60 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  14:32:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The site looks great! I'm sure we'll all have a good time in our new home. Thanks so much!
Ohh! Snape! I love it!

Order of the Bookmark
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  14:35:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love the board, especially the HP smilies - now if we could only get the wizard-eating dragon and the kissing smile, I'd be set.

One small question - are there skins available on this software? Even though I was a banana board fan, I find the banana-colored lines on the forum list kind of bug me against the green background. I'm sure it's just me but I was wondering if we will have the ability to customize the board colors in the future - I know you have enough to do now!!!

And I love you, I love you, I love you.
Like never before, like never before.

Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  14:36:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ooo! I love the "active topics" page!

Go to Top of Page

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  16:26:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's BEAUTIFUL! I'm practically in tears!

*needs to calm down*

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles
Haggy is (probably not) Cactus!
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  16:38:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AMC

Love the board, especially the HP smilies - now if we could only get the wizard-eating dragon and the kissing smile, I'd be set.

One small question - are there skins available on this software? Even though I was a banana board fan, I find the banana-colored lines on the forum list kind of bug me against the green background. I'm sure it's just me but I was wondering if we will have the ability to customize the board colors in the future - I know you have enough to do now!!!
I haven't seen the dragon smilie anywhere to grab it from, but we've been looking. How about [:X] for kisses temporarily? She doesn't actually kiss, but she has taken the Angelina Jolie collagen treatment. This guy kinda reminds me of Meatwad on Aqua Teen Hunger Force.
We do not have customizable skins-- yet. I've asked Mad-Eye (Husband) about them and he'll get to it in time. Sorry you don't like gold and green, but I'm not doing Syltherin colours.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  16:42:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*has calmed down somewhat*

I was wondering about the possibility of having a list of logged-in members? Just because I'm nosy it'd be interesting.

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  16:46:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Working on it, Bee. That's one of the things I figured we could live without for a bit in order to get the board up and running.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

sunsethill
Confunded

USA
653 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  16:52:59  Show Profile  Visit sunsethill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This does look amazing. I can't believe how much you pulled together in such a short period of time. I think you deserve a !!

Now I need to go read more info. Maybe on this board I can figure out how to actually get an avatar. Does it require my 16 yo son to get involved? [:I]

Order of the Bookmark
Member HPEW & HPCS Appreciation Society
s.i.n.e qua non
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  16:59:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are about 140 avatars in the system already. You can choose one from your profile page (left column about 4th section down). User posted avatars are ones hosted on a blank page with their own address. You place the address in the box that pops up when you click the link to choose an avatar.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

sunsethill
Confunded

USA
653 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  17:08:27  Show Profile  Visit sunsethill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Now I need to go read more info. Maybe on this board I can figure out how to actually get an avatar. Does it require my 16 yo son to get involved?

Ooh,neat. I went and used the avatar feature and the board put it on all of my old posts. I am constantly amazed at what can be done! Now I just need to go look for something a little more personal.

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e qua non
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  18:52:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bee

I was wondering about the possibility of having a list of logged-in members? Just because I'm nosy it'd be interesting.

OK. It is now availabe at the bottom of the main forum page.

In order to show up as online, you have to go to your profile box and select "yes" to be seen. Admins show automatically, but I don't know about moderators.

By the by, do I have any volunteers for Mediwizards?
So far Eeyore is the only one who has accepted the offer.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

JKRisSuperior
Mediwizard

USA
694 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  19:15:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Could I be a mediwizard, please?
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2006 :  19:21:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Done-- for now.
I'm waiting to see how things go before assigning another admin. It's just a "play it by ear" thing so far.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

Bee
Mediwizard

846 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  13:10:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Siobhan

By the by, do I have any volunteers for Mediwizards?
So far Eeyore is the only one who has accepted the offer.

Plenty of us volunteered our modly services over in DA, so I reckon you have your pick!

We're such a bunch of goody-two-shoes.

P.S. It's so nice to see Eeyore back as a mod again.

Order of the Bookmark
Purveyor of Fine Peebles

Edited by - Bee on 06/16/2006 13:12:39
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  19:35:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've promoted 3 members to Mediwizard (moderator) status based on their volunteering:
Bee
JoKelly
Myf

That should give us pretty good coverage for now, I think, even though people are taking Summer holidays.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

sunsethill
Confunded

USA
653 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  21:07:46  Show Profile  Visit sunsethill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Where is the spell check option??? I'm probably looking right at it and missing it!

Order of the Bookmark
s.i.n.e qua non
Go to Top of Page

MrBen
Barmy

Australia
284 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  21:35:11  Show Profile  Visit MrBen's Homepage  Send MrBen an AOL message  Click to see MrBen's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Instead of the moderator's column on the board index (because it's not really that helpful) could we have the last posted in thread shown and not just who last posted in that room?

The date function on the profiles doesn't seem to work.

Is there an option for themes at a member level rather than one theme for all?
Go to Top of Page

Siobhan
Chief Healer

USA
2157 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  21:43:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't have spell check. I'll ask Mad-Eye if it's available.

Edit*** There is a mod for spell check. We'll investigate it.

MrBen, I agree about the mod list and have removed it, but if you want to know about where new posts are within each area, click the active topics link in the upper right. That shows the topics that have been posted in since your last login.

Which date function in the profiles do you mean? The birthdate within your profile section or something else?

By "themes" do you mean colour skins? No, there are no others yet. If you mean you don't want to be "giddy", then you need to post more. The more you post, the worse the prognosis for recovery becomes.
Sorry if I'm dense, but I'm trying to understand the new board terms as well as what others are calling them.

s.i.n.e. qua non
Go to Top of Page

jlg881
Giddy

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2006 :  23:42:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do not know if this is an option or not or we have it and I have just not found it yet but...there was a way on the old boards to go to the first unread post in a topic. That way if you have already read like the first 5 replies (or the 12th page) it would take you to the sixth the next time you read the topic and clicked on that button. Is this available now and I am just being dense? Or is this something that will happen eventually? Thank you for all of your hard work with this.

Order of the Bookmark

"I love magic!" - Harry in GOF
Go to Top of Page

AMC
Mediwizard

1710 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2006 :  00:34:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Siobhan,

NOT trying to overwhelm you with questions or suggestions! But... when you reply to a topic, it shows the first post of the topic and then the most recent. The first post is frequently irrelevant to the current topic of discussion (!) so it's a lot better to just see the last X entries, as it was in the old board. Is there any way to get rid of that first topic post on the reply screen? Or do we need to remember to keep our "opening posts" one-liners?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
St Mungo's © 2010 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
HP Galleries Wing at St Mungo's is in no way affiliated with JK Rowling, her publishers, Warner Brothers, any of its partners within the Harry Potter franchise, or any religious or healthcare institution.